Richards Vs Panther prep battle: Target Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Who would do better, or actually succeed, in taking down DCnu Superman in a one sided prep fight?

Each character would get one week to come up with a plan, and a full dossier on Superman. Neither would have access to kryptonite, only whatever they can get ahold of in the MU.
Once they have a plan, they and their equipment get transported to the DCu Metropolis.

TheLordofMurder
Reed in a rage stomp...

He only needs about 2-3 minutes of prep to go to his closet, grab his CELESTIAL KILLING GUN, and nuke Supes into oblivion...

riv6672
I was hoping for a less squirrel girlish answer, but, thanks for posting. laughing

DarkSaint85
Both would succeed, especially with the time frame.

The shorter the time, the more chance Reed has over BP. The longer the time frame, I favour T'Challa. Why? Because Reed is more likely to over think things and overlook something. He'd focus on the minutiae of one aspect only.

BP at least has magic as well, however.

riv6672
Nice.
Especially the time breakdown. Thanks DS.

8swords
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Both would succeed, especially with the time frame.

The shorter the time, the more chance Reed has over BP. The longer the time frame, I favour T'Challa. Why? Because Reed is more likely to over think things and overlook something. He'd focus on the minutiae of one aspect only.

BP at least has magic as well, however.

never really thought of reed overthinking things,
as for the thread, Im going with BP on this one, he exploits almost any means against someone, and that he has magic.
correct me if I'm wrong but does reed only use his tech?

riv6672
I dont think Reed is a magic user.
Both have detailed Duperman bios so, BP would know about his magic weakness...

krisblaze
^Reed was taught how to use magic by Dr.Strange in the FF arc "Unthinkable".

Regardless he has several weapons laying about that would no doubt take out Superman. Hell, when Super Skrull showed up in his lab during Annihilation Reed casually had a planet-busting cannon on the ready.

deathslash
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Reed in a rage stomp...

He only needs about 2-3 minutes of prep to go to his closet, grab his CELESTIAL KILLING GUN, and nuke Supes into oblivion... BP builds a time machine, goes back to before the infinity gauntlet was destroyed, collects all the gems and the gauntlet, and kills superman with it.

carver9
Do they have basic knowledge of Supes? If not, things could get tricky.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by 8swords
never really thought of reed overthinking things,
as for the thread, Im going with BP on this one, he exploits almost any means against someone, and that he has magic.
correct me if I'm wrong but does reed only use his tech?

Yah, my thinking was, Reed (like Tony) would focus on building this awesome piece of machinery. Think WWH. If it works, it works amazingly well. He may scream at the FF to keep Superman busy JUST FOR A MINUTE LONGER as he calibrates the capacitor doodads. But it will work in the nick of time.

On the other hands, as seen with WWH, if he only focussed on that one thing, any errors in his calculations would see Supes power through it and punch him. No Plan B.

T'Challa would be falling back to Plan K.

Hence, spur of the moment, Superman is attacking in 5 minutes time scenarios, Reed does better.

In a week, both win against him.

And carver, they have a full dossier on him. Just no K-nite.

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
^Reed was taught how to use magic by Dr.Strange in the FF arc "Unthinkable".

Regardless he has several weapons laying about that would no doubt take out Superman. Hell, when Super Skrull showed up in his lab during Annihilation Reed casually had a planet-busting cannon on the ready.
Sounds like that may have been written by LordofMurder...wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.