Zelda (LoZ) vs. Caster (Fate/Stay Night)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Hyrule-Warriors-Zelda-Gameplay_06-25-14.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/r4iYyZG.jpg

Princess of Hyrule dukes it out with the former Princess of Corinth.

Zelda will be from both the LoZ games, Smash Bros. and Hyrule Warriors.

Can Caster's Noble Phantasm, Rule Breaker, disconnect Zelda from the Triforce should it hit, can Zelda's magic throughout the games she appeared in rival Caster's, will Zelda's times as Sheik prove her capable of avoiding Caster's barrage of spells and pierce her Argos defense?

Who wins?

trexalfa
I think Rule Breaker can disconnect Zelda from the Triforce. It disconnected Sakura from Angra Mainyu (who is in Nasuverse terms a Divine Spirit, a god in ours) without him being able to object.

And unless Zelda's speed improved a lot in HW, Caster speedblitzes.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by trexalfa
I think Rule Breaker can disconnect Zelda from the Triforce. It disconnected Sakura from Angra Mainyu (who is in Nasuverse terms a Divine Spirit, a god in ours) without him being able to object.

And unless Zelda's speed improved a lot in HW, Caster speedblitzes.

Nope. The jap LttP manual explicitly states that the Triforce cannot be removed unless the wielder dies or relinquishes it freely, or if another Triforce user is involved.

trexalfa
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Nope. The jap LttP manual explicitly states that the Triforce cannot be removed unless the wielder dies or relinquishes it freely, or if another Triforce user is involved.

Which is a nice No Limits Fallacy on your part. Nothing in Zelda can do it, that statement doesn't apply to other settings. And Rule Breaker's got the necessary feats for it.

LLLLLink
Which is a nice No Limits Fallacy on your part. Nothing in Zelda can do it, that statement doesn't apply to other settings. And Rule Breaker's got the necessary feats for it.

It's not a no-limits fallacy. The limits were clearly stated. And rule breaker isn't within those limits. It fails to work.

trexalfa
It's not a no-limits fallacy. The limits were clearly stated. And rule breaker isn't within those limits. It fails to work.

Yes, it's a no limits fallacy. Did you expect the LoZ writers to acknowledge things from other settings as being within its limits? That's pretty retarded. Then I guess the Living Tribunal would fail to disconnect Zelda from her Shard, then.

Rule Breaker's got the feats. A degradated version generated by Unlimited Blade Works disconnected Sakura from Angra Mainyu against its will. And besides, even if it didn't work, Zelda needs... a big deal of a power up in HW to beat Caster.

LLLLLink
Yes, it's a no limits fallacy. Did you expect the LoZ writers to acknowledge things from other settings as being within its limits? That's pretty retarded. Then I guess the Living Tribunal would fail to disconnect Zelda from her Shard, then.

Rule Breaker's got the feats. A degradated version generated by Unlimited Blade Works disconnected Sakura from Angra Mainyu against its will. And besides, even if it didn't work, Zelda needs... a big deal of a power up in HW to beat Caster.

Sorry, it's not a no-limits fallacy if it has limits. You cant just discard the lore of the series just cuz you want your item to work. Rule breaker doesn't fit within the parameters, therefore it fails. Besides, the Triforce is omnipotent and omniscient as stated in the LttP opening cutscene. Has rule breaker ever been stated to be on that level?

Maybe if we were talking about the Infinity Gauntlet that trick might work, but Zelda has that door covered.

trexalfa
Sorry, it's not a no-limits fallacy if it has limits. You cant just discard the lore of the series just cuz you want your item to work. Rule breaker doesn't fit within the parameters, therefore it fails. Besides, the Triforce is omnipotent and omniscient as stated in the LttP opening cutscene. Has rule breaker ever been stated to be on that level?

Maybe if we were talking about the Infinity Gauntlet that trick might work, but Zelda has that door covered.

I'm not discarding anything. It's just that that statement is so full of shit it's not even funny. An author can say for example, that "X attack from a character who is capable of destroying a skyscraper cannot be survived by anyone" , I'm not going to seriously argue Galactus can't survive it sick And that's the case here. That statement makes reference to the LoZ setting, because writers do not think about Vs debates when writing.

Omnipotence and omniscience? Very big claims, and no feats to quantify it. Ganon sure as hell lost while having in his power the full Triforce. Plus, the Triforce of Wisdom is none of those. Mind you proving it can be scaled to the full Triforce? Because, from what I have seen, it's not possible.

Angra Mainyu was disconnected from Sakura. That Divine Spirit was a planetary reality warper capable of easily life wiping it. So, can a single Triforce shard compare?

Sacred 117
Ganon sure as hell lost while having in his power the full Triforce.

I forget the exact specifications, but the Master Sword was stated to be a failsafe for the completed Triforce. You might have to ask Scream about this.

From what I gather/remember, the Triforce of Power alone should be able to match that. Again, Scream would know better than I.

trexalfa
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I forget the exact specifications, but the Master Sword was stated to be a failsafe for the completed Triforce. You might have to ask Scream about this.

From what I gather/remember, the Triforce of Power alone should be able to match that. Again, Scream would know better than I.

I would be able to tell that's pretty logic bending. If the Triforce offers full omnipotence, then a failsafe against it is pretty much impossible, cause it's power wouldn't be able to be countered. The Master Sword has "Evil's Bane" magicks on it, not "anti Triforce power".

LLLLLink
I'm not discarding anything. It's just that that statement is so full of shit it's not even funny. An author can say for example, that "X attack from a character who is capable of destroying a skyscraper cannot be survived by anyone" , I'm not going to seriously argue Galactus can't survive it sick And that's the case here. That statement makes reference to the LoZ setting, because writers do not think about Vs debates when writing.

Omnipotence and omniscience? Very big claims, and no feats to quantify it. Ganon sure as hell lost while having in his power the full Triforce. Plus, the Triforce of Wisdom is none of those. Mind you proving it can be scaled to the full Triforce? Because, from what I have seen, it's not possible.

Angra Mainyu was disconnected from Sakura. That Divine Spirit was a planetary reality warper capable of easily life wiping it. So, can a single Triforce shard compare?

Triforce's power has been proven again and again. Watch the creation story from OoT and you can see the passing essence of Nayru alone created the sun moon and stars as well as the laws of the universe.
The Triforce can create or transform alternate universes or even create another omnipotent omniscient creation. Itself.
The Triforce is simply infinitely beyond a planetary reality warper.

If you're not satisfied with that answer, fine. Zelda carries the Master Sword with her. The Sword's mere presence alone nullifies any permanent god-level curse to it's wielder as seen in TP. It's power protects from any soul manipulation against the user's will. Or Nayru's Love. Or the Ocarina of Time, to seal her soul away.

All I'm saying is that claiming that a relic simply 'wont work' because the creators didnt have your series in mind even thought they made a defense against it is a weak argument. It's no different than me saying that Rule Breaker wont work because it cant affect the LoZ universe. It's nonsense.

LLLLLink

Who do you think gave Scream this info? smile

LLLLLink
I would be able to tell that's pretty logic bending. If the Triforce offers full omnipotence, then a failsafe against it is pretty much impossible, cause it's power wouldn't be able to be countered. The Master Sword has "Evil's Bane" magicks on it, not "anti Triforce power".

First, sorry for the triple post.

As for the Master Sword countering omnipotence and omniscience, that is what the manual says. I didnt write it.

It is the check, the counter, the House to the Triforce's President, if you will.

trexalfa
Triforce's power has been proven again and again. Watch the creation story from OoT and you can see the passing essence of Nayru alone created the sun moon and stars as well as the laws of the universe.
The Triforce can create or transform alternate universes or even create another omnipotent omniscient creation. Itself.
The Triforce is simply infinitely beyond a planetary reality warper.

If you're not satisfied with that answer, fine. Zelda carries the Master Sword with her. The Sword's mere presence alone nullifies any permanent god-level curse to it's wielder as seen in TP. It's power protects from any soul manipulation against the user's will. Or Nayru's Love. Or the Ocarina of Time, to seal her soul away.

All I'm saying is that claiming that a relic simply 'wont work' because the creators didnt have your series in mind even thought they made a defense against it is a weak argument. It's no different than me saying that Rule Breaker wont work because it cant affect the LoZ universe. It's nonsense.

Omnipotence cannot be proven with feats, it's a logical impossibility. You've shown me the full Triforce is star level/ system level at most, and universal if you want to wank really hard. Prove right now whatever the Triforce transformed (I'm guessing the Sacred Realm) is as big as a universe, please. That omnipotent creation, from what game is it? Being created by the Triforce casts doubt on its omnipotence. Plus, Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. Dunno why are you getting the full Triforce into this.

Ok, so the Master Sword would prevent her from being outright mind raped or soul sucked by Caster the instant the fight begins. What is Nayru's Love going to do? It's shielding is a gameplay mechanic, pretty unquatifiable if you ask me. The Ocarina of Time is not sealing a Servant.

They have not made defenses against stuff from the Nasuverse, just defenses for stuff within LoZ. The difference between my point and what you suggest at the end is that you have no evidence Rule Breaker wouldn't work in LoZ, while I have a point about how you cannot apply any statement to other fiction. Otherwise, we get "building buster one shotting Galactus".

Sacred 117
Who do you think gave Scream this info? smile

The fact that you apparently know each other is good news. smile

We should get along just fine. big grin

trexalfa
First, sorry for the triple post.

As for the Master Sword countering omnipotence and omniscience, that is what the manual says. I didnt write it.

It is the check, the counter, the House to the Triforce's President, if you will.

Sorry for double posting.

You should quit the bullshit. You just got to Suggsverse level wank with this, and I very much doubt the LoZ writers wrote about something "above omnipotence".

LLLLLink
The fact that you apparently know each other is good news. smile

We should get along just fine. big grin

Yeah we met like 6 years ago on all is brawl on the Link boards.
Then I came here for a while a battled all things Zelda. Scream is better at math calc than me; he came up with the strength feat for the gold gauntlets (1600 tons minimum).
Hero of Time is my specialty.

http://kmcgames.wikidot.com/lollovelinkclub

Read this. Its from years ago and has me as well as Scream and the other member of this sacred band of brothers, lol.

Sorry for double posting.

You should quit the bullshit. You just got to Suggsverse level wank with this, and I very much doubt the LoZ writers wrote about something "above omnipotence".

I'm not sure where you got 'above omnipotence' from. Its a check. Not a superior.
I know it sucks that Zelda is the best at everything. Haters gonna hate; I understand. Why dont you jump ship and join us?

trexalfa
Yeah we met like 6 years ago on all is brawl on the Link boards.
Then I came here for a while a battled all things Zelda. Scream is better at math calc than me; he came up with the strength feat for the gold gauntlets (1600 tons minimum).
Hero of Time is my specialty.

http://kmcgames.wikidot.com/lollovelinkclub

Read this. Its from years ago and has me as well as Scream and the other member of this sacred band of brothers, lol.

I'm not sure where you got 'above omnipotence' from. Its a check. Not a superior.
I know it sucks that Zelda is the best at everything. Haters gonna hate; I understand. Why dont you jump ship and join us?

To effectively defeat someone wielding omnipotence, you have to be above omnipotence. Which is impossible unless you are an insane and rabid wanker (Lionel Suggs). Having something equal only yields you a stalemate. And Link sure as hell beat Ganon in A Link to the Past. This means either that :

A. The Triforce is not omnipotent.
B. You are full of shit and should show me a quote from that manual.

Oh, the lollovelinkclub... I think I'm going to pass. Not my cup of tea.

Sacred 117
Haha, I almost wish I was around for that. haermm (Maybe then I would have a membership card. sad)

LLLLLink
To effectively defeat someone wielding omnipotence, you have to be above omnipotence. Which is impossible unless you are an insane and rabid wanker (Lionel Suggs). Having something equal only yields you a stalemate. And Link sure as hell beat Ganon in A Link to the Past. This means either that :

A. The Triforce is not omnipotent.
B. You are full of shit and should show me a quote from that manual.

Oh, the lollovelinkclub... I think I'm going to pass. Not my cup of tea.

You do remember that Ganon had the True Force completely separated in another room during that fight, dont you? The True Force was not a part of that battle whatsoever.

Also, There is no such thing as above omnipotence.

Haha, I almost wish I was around for that. haermm (Maybe then I would have a membership card. sad)

"Despite it's prestigious status as a formal organisation, membership is astoundingly easy to obtain. The simple act of ever supporting Link in any thread immediately condemns one to the status of lolLinklover and gains them membership to this tight-knit community. On some occasions, the simple act of being in a thread containing Link, and offering friendly advice is enough to land you here.

For example; this led to this.

Above we see that friendly advice alone exalts you to the status of full-patch member of the lolloveLinkclub, and even makes it likely that you lick Link's ass."

trexalfa
You do remember that Ganon had the True Force completely separated in another room during that fight, dont you? The True Force was not a part of that battle whatsoever.

Which wouldn't have stopped him from wish Link out of existence while he was busy with Aghanim.

I know there's nothing beyond omnipotence. However, for the bullshit of "full Triforce failsafe" to make sense (assuming it is omnipotent) it should be above it. And I don't think the LoZ writing team are so ****ing retarded.

LLLLLink
Which wouldn't have stopped him from wish Link out of existence while he was busy with Aghanim.

I know there's nothing beyond omnipotence. However, for the bullshit of "full Triforce failsafe" to make sense (assuming it is omnipotent) it should be above it. And I don't think the LoZ writing team are so ****ing retarded.

This is what is known as Plot Induced Stupidity, friend. Or simply PIS. It happens in just about every story, somewhere.

trexalfa
This is what is known as Plot Induced Stupidity, friend. Or simply PIS. It happens in just about every story, somewhere.

Still, explain why ignoring a plot relevant relic was necessary to have Link win, when the Master Sword was, supposedly, a failsafe. PIS is used when you have written yourself into a corner, and you get out of it even if it doesn't make sense. Why was PIS necessary, when the Master Sword belonged to the protagonist?

I would concede if you were to show me the quote. You made the claim, after all. The burden of proof is on you here.

LLLLLink
Still, explain why ignoring a plot relevant relic was necessary to have Link win, when the Master Sword was, supposedly, a failsafe. PIS is used when you have written yourself into a corner, and you get out of it even if it doesn't make sense. Why was PIS necessary, when the Master Sword belonged to the protagonist?

Because its whole purpose is to restore balance should the True Force fall into evil hands. And that is exactly what it was used for; slaying a Triforce empowered Ganon. He didnt fight the Triforce itself.

Asking me why the creators wrote it that way is moot. I cant answer for them, only look at what they've done. Oh, and the website for the manual is blocked on here while I'm at work. I'll find it later for you though.

The timeline is wrong, by the way. no expression

trexalfa
Because its whole purpose is to restore balance should the True Force fall into evil hands. And that is exactly what it was used for; slaying a Triforce empowered Ganon. He didnt fight the Triforce itself.

Asking me why the creators wrote it that way is moot. I cant answer for them, only look at what they've done. Oh, and the website for the manual is blocked on here while I'm at work. I'll find it later for you though.

The timeline is wrong, by the way. no expression

Timeline?

What's the difference between defeating a Triforce empowered Ganon from defeating the power of the Triforce? None. So either way, the Master Sword is not a failsafe, or someone here has blown things pretty out of proportion (aka wanking).

Instead of not knowing how to explain it, you could begin by assuming the writers are not retards. Having a MCGuffin to kill the villain and using PIS instead is a bad way of driving a story forward, even if it's not the main point (it's a game and all that).

I can wait for the quote.

LLLLLink
Timeline?

What's the difference between defeating a Triforce empowered Ganon from defeating the power of the Triforce? None. So either way, the Master Sword is not a failsafe, or someone here has blown things pretty out of proportion (aka wanking).

Instead of not knowing how to explain it, you could begin by assuming the writers are not retards. Having a MCGuffin to kill the villain and using PIS instead is a bad way of driving a story forward, even if it's not the main point (it's a game and all that).

I can wait for the quote.

Actually, there is a difference. Let me explain; gather 'round kids.

The Triforce has 3 parts; power, wisdom and courage. When someone whose heart does not hold these 3 virtues in balances grasps the Triforce, it splits, leaving the one who touched it with the part he most desired and the other 2 parts go to the people who most represent those traits. Unbalanced guy must the retrieve those 2 parts if he wants the full power.

When someone whose heart is in balance grabs it, they gain the True Force to Govern All. This means access to all the power.

HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART!

When the True Force is used, the wisher's will is taken into heavy account. The True Force itself states "the stronger the wish, the stronger the Triforce's interpretation of that wish."
Ganon was a weak wisher. This is also a way around the True Force being a no-limits fallacy. The limit is the strength of the wishers will. The omnipotence is available but its up to the wisher to use it.

It's just so beautiful! Also I'm getting off after this post. Be back later gents.

trexalfa
Actually, there is a difference. Let me explain; gather 'round kids.

The Triforce has 3 parts; power, wisdom and courage. When someone whose heart does not hold these 3 virtues in balances grasps the Triforce, it splits, leaving the one who touched it with the part he most desired and the other 2 parts go to the people who most represent those traits. Unbalanced guy must the retrieve those 2 parts if he wants the full power.

When someone whose heart is in balance grabs it, they gain the True Force to Govern All. This means access to all the power.

HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART!

When the True Force is used, the wisher's will is taken into heavy account. The True Force itself states "the stronger the wish, the stronger the Triforce's interpretation of that wish."
Ganon was a weak wisher. This is also a way around the True Force being a no-limits fallacy. The limit is the strength of the wishers will. The omnipotence is available but its up to the wisher to use it.

It's just so beautiful! Also I'm getting off after this post. Be back later gents.

You know that you would have to prove the last part with quotes, right?

The Scenario
You know that you would have to prove the last part with quotes, right?

I can do that.

https://youtu.be/8JU0C_l4aac?t=47s

http://zs.ffshrine.org/album/link-to-the-past/inst-us/z3manual-05-06.jpg

"...the people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic that could even repulse powers granted by the Triforce."

trexalfa
Originally posted by The Scenario
I can do that.

https://youtu.be/8JU0C_l4aac?t=47s

http://zs.ffshrine.org/album/link-to-the-past/inst-us/z3manual-05-06.jpg

"...the people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic that could even repulse powers granted by the Triforce."

Didn't Hyrule Historia retcon some things in that manual? Anyway, if this is true and the Master Sword can repel the Triforce's power, the writers of the franchise have reached new heights in the scale of retardation to me.

NemeBro
It also means that the Triforce isn't omnipotent. thumb up

trexalfa
Originally posted by NemeBro
It also means that the Triforce isn't omnipotent. thumb up

That too. Anyway, my last set of responses were done under the assumption the Triforce was omnipotent.

ScreamPaste
Who do you think gave Scream this info? smile Uh... Me? Also Nintendo.

I don't know shit about Fate/Stay, so I just don't have it in me to care what goes on in here, but try not to invoke me with your arguments if I have not signed on for them.

ScreamPaste

Didn't Hyrule Historia retcon some things in that manual? Anyway, if this is true and the Master Sword can repel the Triforce's power, the writers of the franchise have reached new heights in the scale of retardation to me. It did not, the parts that disagree between the English manual and HH are mistranslations.

In the Japanese version of aLttP the sword, which indeed has the power to repel the power of the Triforce, already existed, the sages went to 'find' the sword, not create it.

StealthRanger
>people who still take the Triforce omnipotence claim seriously
>2015

Anyways, pretty sure Caster is way too fast, is he's anything like Saber or Gilgamesh, he shouldn't have too much trouble

ScreamPaste
So I looked this up, and this person is from a ****ing hentai game? haermm What?

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
So I looked this up, and this person is from a ****ing hentai game? haermm What?
You mean Caster right? Yeah the Fate series is originally an adult visual novel.

So assuming Triforce works, would that really give Zelda an advantage?

trexalfa

Yeah, originally Fate/Stay Night was an eroge (that is, a visual novel with sex scenes, hilariously badly written sex scenes which, luckily, were never the point of the novel and were only present like 1 time per route, which it has 3 of). Nevertheless, Fate/Stay Night was introduced to western audiences as anime. It's basically a novel where a bunch of wizards summon heroes from the past as Servants, and duke it out to win the Holy Grail.

LLLLLink
Uh... Me? Also Nintendo.

I don't know shit about Fate/Stay, so I just don't have it in me to care what goes on in here, but try not to invoke me with your arguments if I have not signed on for them.

Shh! SHHHHHHHHH!!!!

LLLLLink

Didn't Hyrule Historia retcon some things in that manual? Anyway, if this is true and the Master Sword can repel the Triforce's power, the writers of the franchise have reached new heights in the scale of retardation to me.

Hyrule Hystoria is a heretic's book and if full of errors. The timeline is just flat out wrong.

Also, hey Scenario!

Sacred 117
"Despite it's prestigious status as a formal organisation, membership is astoundingly easy to obtain. The simple act of ever supporting Link in any thread immediately condemns one to the status of lolLinklover and gains them membership to this tight-knit community. On some occasions, the simple act of being in a thread containing Link, and offering friendly advice is enough to land you here.

For example; this led to this.

Above we see that friendly advice alone exalts you to the status of full-patch member of the lolloveLinkclub, and even makes it likely that you lick Link's ass."

So if I am, in fact, a member, what shall be my role? mmm

I leave this question to you, my organizational peers.

LLLLLink
So if I am, in fact, a member, what shall be my role? mmm

I leave this question to you, my organizational peers.

Feel free to self-appoint. First new member in 5 years hahahaha.

Zack Fair
Caster stomps my dear Zelda T_T

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.