Adam Warlock -Vs- Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Adam Warlock
With Soul Gem

Vs

Superman

Digi
Thus begineth the debate over whether or not Kal would repel the soul suck.

But seriously, that's what it comes down to. Otherwise, Adam would make him work for it like none other. He's got more tricks than most people realize, and enough power to take a lot of heralds.

But not the top tier. He lacks the raw power of the best heralds, and thus the ability to take them down reliably. I can't see him putting Superman down for the count, unless he did the soul steal or took the fight inside the gem. Both are viable tactics that he's used, the latter of which famously allowed him to make a joke of Surfer. And I'd give either a reasonable (though not certain) chance of success. But they're also a bit gimmicky, and a case could be made that Superman resists either. A case could also be made that CIS would prevent Adam from resorting to those tactics initially, and it could be long enough for him to lose. If the fight is kept to more traditional powers, Superman wins.

Star428
Actually Digi, I think the main debate will be wether or not Superman can take Warlock out with a super speed blitz attack before Warlock even gets a chance to try using it on him.

Golgo13
Superman.

carver9
Giving this to Supes after a good fight.

BeyonderGod
Superman......

Reality gem,power gem or least time gem would help warlock.

Surtur
Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Superman......

Reality gem,power gem or least time gem would help warlock.

The soul gem would help just fine against Supes if Adam actually was granted a chance to use it. I mean even Thanos is wary of the soul gems power. It's just I have trouble seeing Adam at his normal power levels standing up to a blitz from a planet mover. Or I guess the better term would be a planet bench presser.

I guess to be fair NuSupes could have some feats of resisting soul attacks, but I've never heard of any.

Digi
Originally posted by Star428
Actually Digi, I think the main debate will be wether or not Superman can take Warlock out with a super speed blitz attack before Warlock even gets a chance to try using it on him.

No, Warlock has stood up to top tier brawlers for a while, even got the better of dumb Drax in a purely physical struggle. As I mentioned, he doesn't have the power to keep it up. Kal would win that battle, and clearly. But it's not a one-shot scenario. Warlock can teleport and has some telepathic skill as well, not to mention gem-based attacks like a karmic blast (which he used a TON, so CIS wouldn't prevent). So he'd be able to wriggle out of Superman's initial assault, at least imo.

He wouldn't last forever, though, or even terribly long, which is why this fight is about the deus ex attacks that the gem allows.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by Digi
No, Warlock has stood up to top tier brawlers for a while, even got the better of dumb Drax in a purely physical struggle. As I mentioned, he doesn't have the power to keep it up. Kal would win that battle, and clearly. But it's not a one-shot scenario. Warlock can teleport and has some telepathic skill as well, not to mention gem-based attacks like a karmic blast (which he used a TON, so CIS wouldn't prevent). So he'd be able to wriggle out of Superman's initial assault, at least imo.

He wouldn't last forever, though, or even terribly long, which is why this fight is about the deus ex attacks that the gem allows. Originally posted by Digi

He wouldn't last forever, though, or even terribly long, which is why this fight is about the deus ex attacks that the gem allows. i think superman will win here

Digi
Originally posted by naurtoisbeast
i think superman will win here
Originally posted by naurtoisbeast
i think superman will win here

Cool.

abhilegend

He wouldn't last forever, though, or even terribly long, which is why this fight is about the deus ex attacks that the gem allows.
Warlock beat drax inside the soul gem. Outside, Thor, Hercules and maxam have all beat the shit out of him in a straight fight.

leonidas
he did ok against herc but his fighting skills allowed him to stay in it. supes wrecks him badly i think unless he gets the gem to work on him.

krisblaze
Warlock still has his energy powers though....

Digi
Originally posted by abhilegend
Warlock beat drax inside the soul gem. Outside, Thor, Hercules and maxam have all beat the shit out of him in a straight fight.

You're thinking of a different feat. He literally overpowered Drax physically, and it wasn't in the gem. It also wasn't a full fight, but the overpowering itself was clear. It's floating somewhere in his respect thread, if the scans are still working.

I don't disagree with the rest. My position has always been that he loses quite clearly unless he's able to soul suck or take the fight in the gem. The post you're replying to only asserts that Superman wouldn't one-shot him.

Originally posted by leonidas
he did ok against herc but his fighting skills allowed him to stay in it. supes wrecks him badly i think unless he gets the gem to work on him.

thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
He got smashed by herc, until vision saved him.

Digi
Ah, turns out they're still in my collection. I used these in a tourney years ago:

http://i.imgur.com/dw5DDFN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ysSyHZF.jpg

In any case, to those hoping to jump in with some Super-defense, let me quote my first post:

If the fight is kept to more traditional powers, Superman wins.

So, as before, and always, if he can complete the soul suck or take the fight inside the gem, he clearly wins. If not, he clearly loses (though not in a one-shot speedblitz). I hope I'm not saying anything too inflammatory. Wouldn't want a kerfuffle to arise.

abhilegend
You're thinking of a different feat. He literally overpowered Drax physically, and it wasn't in the gem. It also wasn't a full fight, but the overpowering itself was clear. It's floating somewhere in his respect thread, if the scans are still working.

I don't disagree with the rest. My position has always been that he loses quite clearly unless he's able to soul suck or take the fight in the gem. The post you're replying to only asserts that Superman wouldn't one-shot him.

thumb up

I don't think I can recall that. And I've seen nearly every feat Warlock has.

abhilegend
Ah, turns out they're still in my collection. I used these in a tourney years ago:

http://i.imgur.com/dw5DDFN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ysSyHZF.jpg

In any case, to those hoping to jump in with some Super-defense, let me quote my first post:

So, as before, and always, if he can complete the soul suck or take the fight inside the gem, he clearly wins. If not, he clearly loses (though not in a one-shot speedblitz). I hope I'm not saying anything too inflammatory. Wouldn't want a kerfuffle to arise.

That's smart drax. He is like class 50.

Digi
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's smart drax. He is like class 50.

So it is. The tourney was from probably 2005, so you'll have to forgive my memory.

I don't think that observation changes anything I've said in this thread, though. The fight hinges on use of the soul gem, and its haxx powers. Warlock can't hang in a regular fight.

krisblaze
Digi, did you read Revolutionary War?

Death's Head and Dark Angel are back.

Ps. This fight has been done before :3

Digi
Originally posted by krisblaze
Digi, did you read Revolutionary War?

Death's Head and Dark Angel are back.

I haven't, but I probably should. All of those Marvel UK characters were badasses.

krisblaze
I haven't, but I probably should. All of those Marvel UK characters were badasses.
You and your 90s turd-characters.

I'm about to unleash my Captain Britain respect thread on the forum, prepare!

abhilegend
So it is. The tourney was from probably 2005, so you'll have to forgive my memory.

I don't think that observation changes anything I've said in this thread, though. The fight hinges on use of the soul gem, and its haxx powers. Warlock can't hang in a regular fight.
OK.

Digi
Originally posted by krisblaze
You and your 90s turd-characters.

I'm about to unleash my Captain Britain respect thread on the forum, prepare!

I'll look forward to it. Brian and Co. showed up every now and then in the books I was into back then. He was never my favorite, but I enjoyed his appearances.

And I'll ignore the turd comment. Wouldn't want to become irrationally enraged and sick the raptor on you, yes?

RealityWarper
Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.