Friday the 13th

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Friday-13th-Video-Game-Development-Here-First-Details-69377.html

The developer of the game is currently unknown. Normally I'd be worried by that but Sega pulled a similar stunt when they didn't announce Creative Assembly behind Alien Isolation for awhile and they proved themselves.

Come to think of it, there was a project on Kickstarter awhile back with a similar concept as the newly announced Friday game called Last Year being made by a former Ubisoft employee and since it was former employees that made Outlast, this can be very promising should the connection be right and this isn't all just a coincidence. And with Sean Cunningham backing this, such a combination would be awesome.

LpcdhqiFf9E

Nemesis X
16Vr5VMXFmc

quanchi112
Looks interesting.

Smasandian
I wouldn't mind a game like this but I see that it's MP only for now.

Kazenji
Someone needs to do a new Nightmare on Elm Street game next, Be good to see some weird dream worlds with it.

Estacado
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wouldn't mind a game like this but I see that it's MP only for now.
thumb up
A Jason and survivor campaign would be nice.

Smasandian
Yep. Especially considering a SP experience like this hasn't really be done before (or so I know) but a MP version has been. Evolve is one of those games.

Estacado
Yep. Especially considering a SP experience like this hasn't really be done before (or so I know) but a MP version has been. Evolve is one of those games.
Havent played Evolve but didnt it have a campaign for monster and hunters as well?

Smasandian
Yes, it's not the subject matter that is same but the gameplay. Having one guy act as the hunter (with special abilities I presume) and then the others run for their lives isn't exactly new.

Evolve is a huge monster who gets chased while others try to capture you. I guess it's different because the role reversal but there is games that do that. I remember a Half Life 2 mod called The Hunted (or something like that) which offered the same type of gameplay.

Nemesis X
I wonder how playing as the teenagers would work. Are they all the same or do each have a class with a different perk like the jock is the only one who can engage Jason in combat, the geek sets up traps, the cheerleader is the supporter boosting everyone's stats with her sex appeal and the stoner offering herbs that restore health? That kind of crap?

Smasandian
I'm guessing. I don't know. Doesn't all MP have classes now?

Or it could be like The Ship where you have to fulfill needs like bathroom, food, sex and recreation and Jason has to sneak around and attack when they are doing this.

That might be cool. If it's like classes then I'm much less interested.

Nemesis X
I'm guessing. I don't know. Doesn't all MP have classes now?

Or it could be like The Ship where you have to fulfill needs like bathroom, food, sex and recreation and Jason has to sneak around and attack when they are doing this.

That might be cool. If it's like classes then I'm much less interested.

Pretty much this. Not sure how I would feel if a class system does become a thing and honestly, would've preferred a single player mode that played out similarly to Alien Isolation. That would've been intense.

Jesus McBurger
I'm playin the original Friday the 13th how the **** do I you kill Jason?

Smasandian
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Pretty much this. Not sure how I would feel if a class system does become a thing and honestly, would've preferred a single player mode that played out similarly to Alien Isolation. That would've been intense.

Yeah, games that copy Alien Isolation is always a good thing. That game was fantastic. It would totally worked.

Also, The Ship MP mode would work as well for the MP side of the game.

Jesus McBurger
Foreal every time I come close to killing him he runs away like a *****.

Smasandian
Ok. You probably going to get better information about 20 year old game somewhere on the Internet than this forum.

Jesus McBurger
I don't get my tips from YouTube anymore

Smasandian
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nes+friday+the+13th+how+to+kill+jason

Jesus McBurger
Thanks

Jesus McBurger
That was hilarious

Kazenji
Lots of things they could've fixed up with that old game before it was released, Especially with the map when you go left and your actually going right....shit like that.

Kazenji
BaAd-HWIZQo

Kazenji
Kane Hodder doing the Mo-Cap

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/check-out-kane-hodder-mocapping-on-the-set-of-friday-the-13th-the-game-229

Nemesis X
i2bfaClAPjk

g4OECnV8rXc

Surtur
The Friday the 13th game used to freak me the f*ck out as a kid. God damn you Jason Voorhee's..god damn you to hell.

jinXed by JaNx
I like the idea that this is a grass roots project. I'm looking forward to it

Kazenji
dXbvVP889ng

Not sure what's up with the teleporting ability.

Smasandian
Meh. That doesn't look that great. Or at least it's just not a good demo.

There is no confirmed SP right?

If not, I'm out. This doesn't look that fun and I guaranteed when people start playing, it will not be "horror" like atmosphere.

Surtur
Originally posted by Kazenji

Not sure what's up with the teleporting ability.

What do you mean? I imagine it's just because in the movies Jason seems to basically teleport at times.

It doesn't seem that creepy to me, but then the only horror game to ever truly creep me out(not counting things I played as a kid) was Clive Barker's Undying.

Smasandian
It's probably because it's from the perspective of antagonist.

I think they should only show what it feels like to be hunted and not be the hunter. The footage does not look that great.

Arachnid1
This looks flat out horrible IMO

Kazenji
Originally posted by Surtur
What do you mean? I imagine it's just because in the movies Jason seems to basically teleport at times.

I'm pretty sure he runs instead.

Kazenji
Kyx4okiitAA

KingD19
I'm pretty sure he runs instead.

He was only seen running a bit in the most recent one. The game seems to show how he appeared in the movies, just teleporting massive distances and sensing where they are, as we see him slowly walking behind someone, then he somehow beats them to where they were going, despite not even knowing where that is.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19
He was only seen running a bit in the most recent one.

And also one of the older movies.

Smasandian
This game still looks bad.

Kazenji
At least its better then that old NES game.

Smasandian
Well, let's see shall we? Could also be a pile of trash and it kind of looks like that.

It doesn't look that fun and appealing. Similar games have done this type of multiplayer gameplay and they never really worked. Also, just from the videos, it's look like the devs are just showing death sequences (which are a bit extreme and pointless) when they could be showing how the game actually works.

KingD19
From the demo's I've seen, it's kinda like EVOLVE, but in reverse. One person is Jason, an unstoppable Juggernaut of terror, and your job is to find and kill the enemy team of camp counselors. Over time you unlock more of his powers like fear sense, teleport, rage mode, etc... And every time you kill a counselor, or they see you, their fear rises, making you stronger, and them more erratic and easier to find and track down.

The Counselor's job is to survive, and escape. They have different classes like the Jock, the Nerd/Geek, the Cheerleader, etc... with different stats and skills. Jocks are the fastest and the strongest(they can break away from Jason easier), but the trade-off is they're really loud for example.

The devs said there's a way to kill Jason, but it's really hard and a rare thing to do.

Smasandian
Yeah, it's basically hunter/hunted mode that has been around for awhile. There was a Half Life 2 mod called The Hunted that is basically the same thing.

The problem is that nobody wants to play as the hunted. Everybody wants to play as the hunter. Why? Probably because being the hunted is not as fun. This games seems to be an extreme example of having the Hunter being way overpowered. Why the **** would anybody want to play as the Counselors when Jason is so overpowered.

Doesn't make sense to me. Even in Evolve, the monsters were more fun to play and it didn't work. The only game similarly to this is Left 4 Dead but they got around that by making the game about reaching the end goal and the major enemy being zombies. Also, all the special infected were not overpowered and reasonably balanced. And both sides got to kill things!

FinalAnswer
The problem is that nobody wants to play as the hunted. Everybody wants to play as the hunter. Why? Probably because being the hunted is not as fun. This games seems to be an extreme example of having the Hunter being way overpowered. Why the **** would anybody want to play as the Counselors when Jason is so overpowered.

This game is basically an extremely exaggerated version of hide and go seek, and that's a perfectly fine game design, Dead by Daylight does the same thing and both the survivors and the killer are fun to play.

Smasandian
Yeah, I know and Friday the 13th does not seem to look like it does.

Kazenji
dw5g5NPGuNw

Impediment
This game has more bugs than the inside of an ant hill. I'm glad Af I played this at a friend's house first before buying it.

Ridley_Prime
Guess it was rushed AF. Good to know.

Kazenji
I'm sure it'll be playable after all the bugs are fixed, Like alot of games these days.

Ridley_Prime
Doesn't excuse releasing it in a messy state or worse... also like many games these days.

Kazenji
That's modern gaming for ya.

Smasandian
I agree games should not be released in the state this game is in.

But please....don't think previous generations were any different. We just don't remember the shitty games that had major issues because we only remember the great ones.

Bugs and shitty releases have been part of the industry since the Atari era.

Ridley_Prime
Not denying that, but it seems like some devs are even more complacent or accepting of releasing games in broken states now since they can work on patching it later after they get their money first. :/

Kazenji

Bugs and shitty releases have been part of the industry since the Atari era.

Except back then they released it as is, They never put out updates for those older games with the internet not being available back then.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Not denying that, but it seems like some devs are even more complacent or accepting of releasing games in broken states now since they can work on patching it later after they get their money first. :/

And they didn't do that before?

Games were less scrutinized back then so when a bug was found, it was dealt with and you played around it.

I do believe games should be released as bug free as possible but I don't believe that this is due to modern gaming and patching. I believe this is inherent to the video game industry since the late 70's because there will always be the same force that drives companies to release shitty games. Cost and timelines.

If ET was released today, it was would be massacred but in 6 months, issues would be mostly patched out. Back then, they ****ing buried the damn thing. And why was it released? Because money and the need to get it out before Christmas. The same factors on why games gets released today.

Ridley_Prime
Fair enough. I don't think ET was one of the worst games ever though like it's made out to be, but it did suffer from having to be rushed out. Interesting documentary on it.

John Murdoch
Programming games is also FAR more complex these days, and thus the potential for bugs should be astronomically higher. As well as the press and consumers being able to point out such bugs for all the world to see in a matter of minutes thanks to social media, internet, YouTube, etc.

Saw a review for this: looks like it'd be cool for an hour, too many bugs, needs an in-depth single-player campaign where you play through the movies or something. All points hit above.

Nemesis X
The devs want to apologize for the servers and will be giving everyone this stuff today for free.

OYZdSndmNwg

Kazenji
Seen people playing it today.. The game has been crashing

maybe them getting to roll out the new update.

Flyattractor
They finally made a game I want to Play again....Now I just need a computer that can do it....Crap.

Flyattractor
Well once again....looks like Lawyers have Killed something FUN and Beloved.

Phuck Lawyers...and Victor Miller.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
They finally made a game I want to Play again....Now I just need a computer that can do it....Crap.

It is also on console

but i suppose it would look better PC.

Flyattractor
It is also on console

but i suppose it would look better PC.

I dunno. Its one of those games that look like it was intended more for a console controller then a keyboard.

And it looks dang nice on the PS4 especially after the last update.....which is THE LAST Update.

DAMN YOU VICTOR MILLER!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.