Mace, Maul and Dooku vs. Revan, Bane and HoT (sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma

Nephthys
Hmm.

Stigma
As of now, I'm thinking:

Mace > HoT
Maul > Bane
Dooku > Revan

NewGuy01
edit: Wait, sabers only? Team 1, no explanation needed tbh.

AncientPower
Everyone on team 1 is better than everyone on team 2.

Revanchiste
In team 2 there iz only Revan who iz a match for all of them Bane iz great really great but... Not enough....

Revan>Dooku... Imagine Dooku in more dynamic, younger, even more verztil and who ztill on hiz prime... You have darth Revan.

There iz only ztrategy and uzing of the environement that can provide a win for team 2....

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower

Selenial

Nephthys
No-one here is better than Orbalisk Bane, Mace might beat him only with shatterpoint and vaapad.

ILS
Bane requires Orbalisks to do well, eh?

carthage
Inb4 Neph's crappy reasoning

Team 1 wins

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
edit: Wait, sabers only? Team 1, no explanation needed tbh.

S_W_LeGenD
Is this a strictly martial arts based confrontation or the Force-users are allowed to use the Force to augment their effectiveness?

Fated Xtasy
inb4 carthage/jack says it doesn't matter because team 2 is featless.

carthage
No one ever said they were featless facepalm, that's why one takes you seriously. Bane would get destroyed by anyone on team 2. Revan can't carry his team and Hero isn't all that great of a duelist either.

McP

Nephthys
Orbalisk Bane beats Maul and Dooku, certainly.

NewGuy01
Pretty sure the description says no amplifications.

Nephthys
Surely that doesn't count, it's equipment. It says peak.

He's beat them even without it though.

NewGuy01
The Kaiburr crystal could be considered equipment for Vader, too.

Trocity
Team 1 crushes

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The Kaiburr crystal could be considered equipment for Vader, too.

That's non-standard for him. Plus Vader isn't in the thread. I mean if we're going there then a sith's lightsaber crystal also amplifies their power. But I doubt they'll be fighting with their bare hands. wink

NewGuy01
Apologies, I actually thought Vader was in the thread.

Well, the fight specifically says there are sabers though, so I think that's an exception...

Convolution
Maul = Revan
Mace > Bane
Dooku < HoT

Darth Maul is practically Revan's assassin-like reflection. They're both one of the most skilled and powerful of Force users. Darth Maul took on Mace Windu and forced him onto the defensive while he had Aayla Secura's help (even though Maul roundhoused her out of the picture.)

Darth Bane would fall to Mace. Though he's very powerful physically and in the Force, he's kind of too self-destructive a fighter without realizing before it's too late to avoid the painful consequences. And given Mace's mastery of Vaapad, he's a living anti-darkness weapon.

Dooku, while very skilled and delicate, probably couldn't last forever against HoT's own skill, power, experience, and energy.

In the end, it would boil down to:

Darth Maul and Mace Windu vs. Revan and HoT

I want to say it's a draw, but I'm not certain. I think the victory of this battle depends on either Mace or HoT's fall. So, the question stands:

Would Mace Windu or the Hero of Tython prevail in a duel against one another?

Board Walker
Revan > Dooku
HoT > Mace
Bane < Maul

Revan is the best swordsman out of everyone here, his ability to augment himself with the Light side and the Dark side simultaneously is unparalleled, and he possesses the best displays of Precognition out of everyone here. He is extremely skilled, and is a master of all lightsaber forms, Dooku's main advantage of skill will be neutralized when facing Revan who possesses superior skill in saber combat.

HoT trumps Mace is raw power, ferocity, and is a unparalleled Light Side power house that Mace will be unable to utilize Vaapad against

Bane, yeah.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Convolution
Maul = Revan in sabers

erm In what universe does Revan have saber feats equivalent to those of Maul's, really?

DarthAnt66
The one where he beat dozens of Dark Jedi, then Bastila, then dozens of droids, then Malak.

Convolution
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The one where he beat dozens of Dark Jedi, then Bastila, then dozens of droids, then Malak.

Implying he didn't use the Force to do any of that, which he probably did.

DarthAnt66
I never implied at all he didn't use the Force for "any of that", lmfao.

NewGuy01
Even if he did it all purely through his saber skills, which is unlikely, it's still not = to Maul's showings. All in all, he's probably not too far behind, though.

DarthAnt66
What are Maul's showings? Beating Jinn, Kenobi, and Anoon, and then getting his ass kicked by the PT version of Vodo?

NewGuy01
Mid-diff'ing one of the most skilled swordsmen in history and trashing elite MagnaGuards like nobody's business is fairly impressive on it's own, as is having skills considered by Palpatine to be unparalleled. The dude's also a good bit faster and stronger, to boot-Maul's immensely good at what he does, tbh.

DarthAnt66
Imperial Guard >> MagnaGuards, lol.

NewGuy01
Hardly. And even then, Maul trashing four of them at once is still better than Revan cutting down a lone guard.

DarthAnt66
Shaak Ti trashed way more then Maul did, and she is still a pre-Jedi Galen level tier duelist even with an amp.

NewGuy01
Heh, if you want to play that game Grievous defeated Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Ayala Secura--three of the Order's best--simultaneously while fending off other masters. Maul topped the General in SoD, which clearly puts him above and beyond Revan's caliber.

|King Joker|
*Aayla

Also, Mundi has three hyphens. Ki-Adi-Mundi. Get your shit together, Sas.

DarthAnt66
Maul never beat Grievous in a duel. erm His two victories over Grievous were via Force powers, one of which he completed on a nexus.

NewGuy01
Ho, I forgot about the nexus, you got me there.

Still, he's consistently evenly matched with Kenobi, who did defeat Grievous in neutral setting.

DarthAnt66
Arguments get weaker every character you pass by to prove a point: Maul -> Kenobi -> Grievous -> Ti -> Guard versus Revan -> Guard, tbh
That being said, Grievous' victory over the three Jedi are circumstantial between how exhausted the Jedi were and that they never fought his form.

NewGuy01
Kit hadn't faced Grievous's before they day they fought either, nor had Koth. Since when is a fight only fair when one side has a working knowledge of the other's fighting style?

DarthAnt66
All combatants of the Jedi are trained with basic knowledge of the first 6 forms, to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong).
This is compared to going up against someone like Grievous who's entire battle proficiency depends on fear and unpredictability
I'm not classifying the circumstances behind Grievous' victory over the team an example of his capabilities under normal terms and conditions.

carthage
Revan can hold his own against any of them, but Bane gets stomped against anyone he fights and Hero can't beat them either.

He can't carry his team

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
Revan can hold his own against any of them, but Bane gets stomped against anyone he fights and Hero can't beat them either.

He can't carry his team

Board Walker
Revan's precognition allows him to 3v1, he kills Mace instantly with the Force, kills Maul with sheer saber precognition, and then stomps Dooku solo.

Bane and HoT watch with Awe.

ILS
That's the least sensible thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

NewGuy01
This is sabers only, Boardie.

Board Walker
Fine Sabers only.

Revan channels the absolute entire dark side and light side simultaneously, becomes his future self "The Father" and absolutely multiverse stomps Windu and Dooku and Maul simultaneously with only his augmented saber skills.

HoT and Bane watch with such awe and utter enlightenment that they become one with the force for the duration that Revan stomps the enemy team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.