Traya and Nihilus vs. Talzin and Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
All at their peak (nexus feats apply)

Who takes it?

AncientPower
Team 1 imo.

Emperordmb
Team two takes this one.

Selenial
Drain allowed or no?

NewGuy01
What? Team 2 demolishes, these are Sidious-calibre Force Users.

Emperordmb
B- b- but Gigadrain!

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
What? Team 2 demolishes, these are Sidious-calibre Force Users.
Are you implying Nihilus isn't?

Emperordmb
Are you implying he can carry Traya to victory against this duo?

ILS
Are we implying that Talzin has offensive power showings or anything really worth noting other than her barrier?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Are you implying Nihilus isn't?

ya

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Are we implying that Talzin has offensive power showings or anything really worth noting other than her barrier?

thumb up

AncientPower
Nihilus godstomps team 2.

In all seriousness they just giga-drain.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by AncientPower
Nihilus godstomps team 2.

In all seriousness they just giga-drain.

Be careful AP, you risk getting "exposed" by simply commenting stick out tongue

I'm going with team 2.

AncientPower
Talzin draws on the Force around her as I understand it, Nihilus negates that and Vitiate pales in comparison to the Lord of Hunger. Guy drained planets for a day job.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
ya
LOL

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS

Lightning that contended with Sidious'? IE, lightning stronger than Vitiate rolling on floor laughing

DarthAnt66
Nyriss' lightning is more impressive then Sidious'. erm

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/3242607889.gif

Emperordmb
That moment when I realize that if I said Bane's lightning>Sidious's lightning, there would be a page of mocking comments by now.

S_W_LeGenD
Emperor solos. He is also a master of Force Drain and his condition likely circumvents the effectiveness of these powers on him. No way Traya and Nihilus can withstand his powers in a bout.

Selenial
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Emperor solos. He is also a master of Force Drain and his condition likely circumvents the effectiveness of these powers on him. No way Traya and Nihilus can withstand his powers in a bout.

smokin' rolling on floor laughing

Selenial

AP Honours student my ass.

|King Joker|
LOL

Emperordmb
I wonder who this could be...

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Selenial
AP Honours student my ass.
*Honors. American English FTW.

Selenial
*Honors. American English FTW.

First you steal our language, then you lazy ****s can't even be bothered to use the holy introvert that is the letter U...

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That moment when I realize that if I said Bane's lightning>Sidious's lightning, there would be a page of mocking comments by now.

Since lightning is the only impressive thing he has erm

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
Since lightning is the only impressive thing he has erm he has big muscles

carthage
So does Arnold Schwarzenegger, and we all know Arnie would probably kill Darth Bane

DarthAnt66
First you steal our language, then you lazy ****s can't even be bothered to use the holy introvert that is the letter U...
Still butthurt we have 5,113 full-freedomfied nuclear warheads?

Selenial
You don't understand how badly that image has ****ed my phone...

http://i.imgur.com/r13teVT.jpg

DarthAnt66
*freedom intensifies*

Selenial
https://i.imgur.com/reVgzvz.gif

Nephthys
Ant get the shit off the screen or I'll report you.

Lightning that contended with Sidious'? IE, lightning stronger than Vitiate rolling on floor laughing

You don't think Vitiates lightning could contend with an lose with Sidious' like Talzin's did?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Reporting me for supporting freedom, justice, and equality?
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/JML9999/obama_laughing1_zps7f341f68.jpg
I would honestly die in laughter if you report me. Do it, please.

Selenial

You don't think Vitiates lightning could contend with an lose with Sidious' like Talzin's did?

Vitiate's wouldn't stand in that situation anywhere near as long as hers.

Sidious' bent lightsabers, Vitiate's didn't even phase the HOT.

What's more is Vitiate was on a Dark Side Nexus...

ares834
Team 2.

Nephthys
Vitiate's wouldn't stand in that situation anywhere near as long as hers.

Sidious' bent lightsabers, Vitiate's didn't even phase the HOT.

What's more is Vitiate was on a Dark Side Nexus...

Uh, heck yeah he would. Especially if he was in the heart of his power like Talzin was.

No it hasn't, the novels description directly contradicts the movie and obviously Sidious bending Maces lightsaber back towards his face wasn't literal anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic) Vitiate was weakened against the HoT and the Hero is immensely powerful in her own right.

Oh and Talzin wasn't, was she? Vitiate was massively weakened.

NewGuy01
Equality? We're capitalists, dude.

Board Walker
Nihilus devours Team's 2 connection with the Force, and with LIFE itself instantly. He doesn't need to devour their force reserves or life force, he literally instant consumes their connections and bonds with the force/life.

Nihilus instant stomps team 2, the nano second the match begins team 2 dies to Nihilus.

Selenial
Uh, heck yeah he would. Especially if he was in the heart of his power like Talzin was.

No it hasn't, the novels description directly contradicts the movie and obviously Sidious bending Maces lightsaber back towards his face wasn't literal anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic) Vitiate was weakened against the HoT and the Hero is immensely powerful in her own right.

Oh and Talzin wasn't, was she? Vitiate was massively weakened.

No, the movie was slowed down because they wanted the fight to actually look good, moving at blinding speeds that made them invisible obviously wouldn't work. The Novel stands.

It was in the heart of his power.

You yourself have claimed on multiple occasions, when I have argued against the HOT, that Vitiate had time to strengthen himself again so he was not significantly weakened. If you want me to dig through your post history to find it I will.

Talzin was actually weakened however, and while she was on a Nexus, it boosted Sidious too and didn't diminish the HOT like Dromund Kaas would. And yes she was weakened, stop using the "it says could" bull shit, since Sidious himself said they could not kill her on Dathomir, and had to resort to weakening her.

S_W_LeGenD
Emperor's lightning is hot enough to melt bodies and superheat metal.

Board Walker
Emperor's lightning is hot enough to melt bodies and superheat metal.

Meaningless when his ability to use the force will instantly be devoured, along with his connection to life itself.

Nephthys
No, the movie was slowed down because they wanted the fight to actually look good, moving at blinding speeds that made them invisible obviously wouldn't work. The Novel stands.

It was in the heart of his power.

You yourself have claimed on multiple occasions, when I have argued against the HOT, that Vitiate had time to strengthen himself again so he was not significantly weakened. If you want me to dig through your post history to find it I will.

Talzin was actually weakened however, and while she was on a Nexus, it boosted Sidious too and didn't diminish the HOT like Dromund Kaas would. And yes she was weakened, stop using the "it says could" bull shit, since Sidious himself said they could not kill her on Dathomir, and had to resort to weakening her.

That's not what I'm talking about. In the movie Mace's lightsaber isn't bent back towards him. In fact, Mace is constantly able to push his saber towards Sidious and is clearly overpowering Sidious' lightning.

What was?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that, I said that he had recovered partially but was still highly weakened. The nexus and the Hero's own disadvantages should then be factored in. That said, I'm certainly allowed to reevaluate am I not?

No she wasn't, not confirmed as weakened at least. Sorry, but I'm sticking with that regardless of what Sidious might have said. And that doesn't really make any sense, since Talzin was already weakened and on Dathomir. And there's nothing suggesting Sidious could gain from Dathomir, which uniquely benefits the witches there.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Board Walker
Meaningless when his ability to use the force will instantly be devoured, along with his connection to life itself.
Emperor is not a mortal. He does not have weaknesses of a mortal against Force powers.

Board Walker
Emperor is not a mortal. He does not have weaknesses of a mortal against Force powers.

Mortal or immortal, to use the force you need to be connected to it of which Nihilus instantly removes that.

S_W_LeGenD
Mortal or immortal, to use the force you need to be connected to it of which Nihilus instantly removes that.
Force Sever?

If Emperor could be severed from the Force, somebody would have done it.

Emperor's only known vulnerability is against a lightsaber.

ares834
lol

Selenial
That's not what I'm talking about. In the movie Mace's lightsaber isn't bent back towards him. In fact, Mace is constantly able to push his saber towards Sidious and is clearly overpowering Sidious' lightning.

What was?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that, I said that he had recovered partially but was still highly weakened. The nexus and the Hero's own disadvantages should then be factored in. That said, I'm certainly allowed to reevaluate am I not?

No she wasn't, not confirmed as weakened at least. Sorry, but I'm sticking with that regardless of what Sidious might have said. And that doesn't really make any sense, since Talzin was already weakened and on Dathomir. And there's nothing suggesting Sidious could gain from Dathomir, which uniquely benefits the witches there.

Nothing else I can convince you of, since your current arguments are you sticking your fingers in your ears and making the "La la" sound.

But yeh, Dathomir is a DS Nexus, BOS confirmed it iirc.

Board Walker
Force Sever?

If Emperor could be severed from the Force, somebody would have done it.

Emperor's only known vulnerability is against a lightsaber.

He doesn't force sever, Nihilus devours the very bonds and connections of the force and life itself. He doesn't sever someone from the force, he devours the bonds and connections between an entity and the force/life.

Force sever is denying someone the ability to use the force, Nihilus doesn't do that. He devours the connections an entity has that connects them to Life, and the force it self. They simply die as they have nothing to sustain them, the force is life.

S_W_LeGenD
He doesn't force sever, Nihilus devours the very bonds and connections of the force and life itself. He doesn't sever someone from the force, he devours the bonds and connections between an entity and the force/life.

Force sever is denying someone the ability to use the force, Nihilus doesn't do that. He devours the connections an entity has that connects them to Life, and the force it self. They simply die as they have nothing to sustain them, the force is life.
Sever Force saps the ability of a Force-user to use the Force, sometimes permanently. This power disrupts the midichlorians perhaps.

You are describing a variant of Force Drain; the devouring aspect is Force Drain in the works. Force Drain is commonly used to siphon life-force of a target. However, Force Drain have multiple variants and their nature and purpose may vary. As an example, Death Field significantly accelerates aging process of the target, disintegrating it eventually in a certain amount of time.

Nihilus does not consumes the Force itself by the way. However, as per your description, he consumes life-force and does something to the midichlorians of the target. Such draining process proves lethal to a life-form.

Selenial
Lol at Vitiate being immune to Sever Force.

appletonia
Team 1. Traya > Talzin, Nihilus > Vitiate.

Sinious
Interesting thread but lol @ some of the posts.

Anyway team 2 wins.

S_W_LeGenD
Emperor survived Nathema ritual event. He seems to have developed excellent defenses against these powers.

FreshestSlice
He survived it because all the power was being transferred to him to begin with. That's some mad stupid logic to think surviving something meant to empower you makes you immune to to the something.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He survived it because all the power was being transferred to him to begin with. That's some mad stupid logic to think surviving something meant to empower you makes you immune to to the something.
My statement have two components; Nathema ritual and end result. I mentioned the ritual because Emperor permanently enhanced his capabilities with it.

The Sith Lords created a nexus of dark side energy on Medriaas with the ritual, the largest one ever. However, Emperor turned on his allies and used the nexus to his benefit, consuming all biota on the planet along with the Force surrounding the planet itself to achieve corporeal immortality.

This condition seems to have increased Emperor's safeguard against Force powers. Emperor even transformed some of his followers into virtually immortal beings so that he could drain them virtually endlessly to satiate his hunger and continue to grow in power.

In-fact, a cut content of KoTOR II depicts a fight between Sion and Nihilus in which the latter wins but fails to destroy Sion. Reason? Sion's immortality.

Perhaps Obsidian and BioWare are on the same page on this matter.

Lord Stark
Assuming Vitiate can block Nihilus' drain then Talzin and Vitiate stomp.

Selenial
Legend, Sidious has empowered people with the dark side, stop acting like its some wank worthy one of a kind shit, it's not. Even the Nighsisters did it.

And Sion and Vitiate are completely different, if you actually played Kotor 2 you'd understand that.

Nephthys
Sidious never conferred immortality tho. Vitiate 1 Shitious 0. excellent

AncientPower
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD In-fact, a cut content of KoTOR II depicts a fight between Sion and Nihilus in which the latter wins but fails to destroy Sion. Reason? Sion's immortality.

Perhaps Obsidian and BioWare are on the same page on this matter.

Blatantly misleading and misinformed, read the actual video description and you will find out the original cut-content was edited to fit with TSLRCM's version of the cut content.

In the original version Nihilus drains and kills Sion after the Exile is presumed dead and they find out Traya survived, but they could not repair the version of the game that follows this plotline.

So they edited the cutscene to show Sion walking away, to fit the remaining storyline.

Bigblue442
Nihilus devours Team's 2 connection with the Force, and with LIFE itself instantly. He doesn't need to devour their force reserves or life force, he literally instant consumes their connections and bonds with the force/life.

Nihilus instant stomps team 2, the nano second the match begins team 2 dies to Nihilus.

thumb up

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Assuming Vitiate can block Nihilus' drain then Talzin and Vitiate stomp.

There is no defense to Nihilus' Drain.

Lord Stark
^There is, being a hole in the force. And the Dark Reaper defense also likely works.

S_W_LeGenD
Legend, Sidious has empowered people with the dark side, stop acting like its some wank worthy one of a kind shit, it's not. Even the Nighsisters did it.
Emperor augmented the power of his Imperial Guards (stationed near him) to such a degree that they could negate the powers of the Jedi, forcing a martial conflict upon the Jedi.

In contrast, Yoda casually dismissed two Sidious's guards near his position. It is obvious that Sidious did not empower his guards like Emperor.

In addition, Emperor created alternate personas in thousands of individuals, transforming them into unwitting servants of the dark side (Children) which remained bonded to him until the bonds could be severed or suppressed. How do you think that the Children functioned? Emperor triggered them at will whenever he felt the need to utilize them to do his bidding.

As an example, Master Siyo Bakarn was First Son. The powers demonstrated by First Son are entirely programming of Emperor within the Jedi Master. Children aren't Sith Lords or even practitioners of the dark side, they don't have the time for these acts since they were planted within the enemy ranks.

The events of confrontation between Bersen'thor and First Son remind me of Revan's internal fracture. Syo Bakarn actually became aware of First Son within him during this confrontation and helped Barsen'thor overcome it. First Son was the most powerful manifestation of Emperor's sorcery or telepathic abilities among the Children.

As for Talzin, I recall that she augmented Savage Opress with her sorcery. She also temporarily possessed Dooku. She is decent in these matters.

As for Palpatine, I don't recall him augmenting others with his power of the dark side in comparable manner to Emperor and Talzin. If I am missing something, you may remind me with evidence.

And Sion and Vitiate are completely different, if you actually played Kotor 2 you'd understand that.
I am well-aware of the nature of Sion. Its not like as if their is shortage of literature explaining his ground realities.

Sion could be convinced to give up his immortality which is a sign of weakness. It won't surprise me if somebody could override his will and convince him to give up his immortality and not just through Dun Moch.

Emperor's condition is apparently permanent, corporeal immortality cannot be undone with Force powers. As an example: accelerating aging will not work since Emperor did not age after his transformation, therefore Death Field variant of drain is ineffective against him by virtue of Emperor's condition.

Emperor's vessel can be damaged with a weapon though (i.e. lightsaber) but he cannot be stopped in this manner because Emperor learned to preserve his essence as well and can possess another host at will.

My point is that Emperor's vulnerabilities to Force powers are virtually minimized in part due to his corporeal immortality. The rest is open to speculation.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Bigblue442
thumb up

There is no defense to Nihilus' Drain.
According to Traya only.

Also, Nihilus' drain variant is as ancient as the Sith themselves. Their is your answer.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Lord Stark
^There is, being a hole in the force. And the Dark Reaper defense also likely works.

thumb up

Honestly, Nihilus's feat doesn't really impress me that much. There's no information on how he accomplished it, what methods he used, or what aid he had when performing it.

Nephthys
Um, we actually see the technique being used like, 3 times. Sorry bro. sad

We also have detailed explanations of how it works and of course we have the examples of the Exile and the Trayas Assassins using a lesser version of it without effort or inclination.

The_Tempest
Um, we actually see the technique being used like, 3 times. Sorry bro. sad

None of which preclude prep or aid. wink

We also have detailed explanations of how it works and of course we have the examples of the Exile and the Trayas Assassins using a lesser version of it without effort or inclination.

None of which has any bearing on what I said. We don't know how he accomplishes it, what methods are used, and whether or not he has aid. It's just not that impressive tbh. stoned

FreshestSlice
Without Drain, Traya's out of her depth.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The_Tempest

None of which has any bearing on what I said. We don't know how he accomplishes it, what methods are used, and whether or not he has aid. It's just not that impressive tbh. stoned
That's such a bad double standard though, it's disgusting.

Revanchiste
Vitiate iz one rare reziztance to Nihiluz....

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest

Dawww, so cute.

The_Tempest
That's such a bad double standard though, it's disgusting.

Those would be Neph's words and Neph's double standards. I'm just making them less doubly.

psmith81992
Wait, what? You just described Sidious' Byss feat as incredibly impressive, while having the same amount of "unknowns" involved.

Nihilus' destruction of Katarr remains the most impressive thing I've seen in the mythos next to Luke's black hole feat.

Nephthys
He's trying to mess with me. So tsundere. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The_Tempest

psmith81992
Its a good thing I didn't go back and read from the beginning.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by psmith81992
Its a good thing I didn't go back and read from the beginning.

Reading's for liberals.

Arhael
Originally posted by psmith81992
Nihilus' destruction of Katarr remains the most impressive thing I've seen in the mythos next to Luke's black hole feat.
Thing is you haven't seen it. smile

Nephthys
What do you mean?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.