The most powerful weapon in the (MU) universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
The Green Lantern ring has had the moniker "The most powerful weapon in the Universe" for decades over at DC.
Part hyperbole, part fact.
What weapon at Marvel fills that bill?

I'd like to omit the Star Brand.
It was a pretty obvious analogue when it first appeared, but its only been in the MU proper a short while.

So, whats Marvel's MPWitU, and how does it compare to the GL ring?

krisblaze
Nega or Quantum Bands maybe...

maxivitopowe
Mjolnir?

Prof. T.C McAbe
IG

Insane Titan
Bendis or Loeb force

krisblaze
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Bendis or Loeb force

Opposites yet the same.

Bendis force brings everyone to street-level.

Loeb force brings turds to cosmic levels.

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
Nega or Quantum Bands maybe...
Has either one ever been as hyped as a GL ring?
I cant really think of any high end showings/character statements.

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
I cant really think of any high end showings/character statements.
Mjolnir receives the most hype I think, as the most powerful weapon in the universe.

pym-ftw
Henry Pym's mind.

basilisk
The Green Lantern ring has had the moniker "The most powerful weapon in the Universe" for decades over at DC.
Part hyperbole, part fact.Remember the Witchblade crossover when the witchblade pretty much ripped through Superman, the JLA and Green Lantern? At the end they were even making jokes about GL calling his weapon the most powerful. Different universe of course.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Henry Pym's mind. On this forum more like the palm of his hand. Or the back of Thanos' hand. Or vampirism.

As for the weapons...

The IG, CC, and Ultimate Nullifier are obvious candidates but surely considered too high-level here, like comparing the Worlogog to a GL ring.

Possibly the separate infinity gems could be considered.

The quantum bands did have some indications of being very powerful and having abilities beyond those demonstrated, and they did have some pretty decent showings in brief encounters with the Stranger, the Watcher, the Overmind, and Galactus. While never fully followed up, I think they have a lot of potential as one of the most powerful single weapons.

I didn't see the nega bands as being at the same level as the Q-bands.

Mjolnir is a good contender because used to its full capabilities it can put up a decent showing against a big range of foes and other weapons. I think overall it rates higher than Ebony Blade and all the other magic swords and so on.

Who remembers the Freedom Ring? I think it had limited reality altering powers, but probably too limited to consider here. I don't know what happened to it.

krisblaze
Ebony Blade has too big a curse methinks.

Excalibur is crazy powerful if the wielder is accepted.

riv6672
Mjolnir receives the most hype I think, as the most powerful weapon in the universe.
This actually may be the answer, right here.
I Definitely wasnt thinking it though.

Digi
Ebony Blade has too big a curse methinks.

Excalibur is crazy powerful if the wielder is accepted.

I dunno. If you gave me the Ebony Blade or Mjolnir for a tourney, I'd really have to think about it.

basilisk
Originally posted by Digi
I dunno. If you gave me the Ebony Blade or Mjolnir for a tourney, I'd really have to think about it.

I think the curse is too much hassle. But its powers are definitely impressive. Both it and mjolnir have good destructive abilities - smashing and cutting through most things, and both have the ability to absorb attacks.

But mjolnir actually grants the powers of Thor doesn't it? Super strength, flight, weather control and so on. And it can open dimensional portals and fire energy blasts. However the god blast probably requires an Asgardian to be wielding it.

The soul gem would have to be considered. Most opponents have souls to absorb. The other infinity gems are powerful too.

riv6672
Nice call on the gems...

Digi
Yeah, if we get technical, it's the IG, HotU, Cosmic Cube, UN, etc. But those are so far beyond herald that it seems like the OP and subsequent discussion isn't taking us there. But they're all more powerful than Mjolnir, EB, GL ring, etc. Just as DC abstracts weapons would be like the Warlogog.

celeyhyga17
Ultimate Nullifier always gets hyped up.

riv6672
Not really what i was thinking of. Thats more of a WMD.

celeyhyga17
Not really what i was thinking of. Thats more of a WMD.
shrug

You said weapon.

riv6672
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
shrug

You said weapon.
And i appreciate the post but
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, if we get technical, it's the IG, HotU, Cosmic Cube, UN, etc. But those are so far beyond herald that it seems like the OP and subsequent discussion isn't taking us there.

Reflassshh
The galactus engine.

riv6672
Never heard of. Doesnt sound like something many folks tote around though!

Sin I AM
Hmmm, there's so much to choose from. The eye of agamatto, the norn stones, the gem of cytorrak, the wand of watoomb (spelling), someone said ebony blade but id rather have Excalibur personally. Id also like to mention the cosmic control rod, id place all these above a gl ring.

"Id"
Nega Bands

Control energy down to photons.
Space/Time manipulation.
Tap into the Negative Zone, and flood the universe with antimatter.

Mindset
I cant really think of any high end showings/character statements. Pretty sure they've both accomplished more than a gl ring.

Board Walker
What is the name of that one item/weapon, the god slayer? The one that a future version of Thor used and became all shadow like and killed Galactus with it.

That thing makes you really powerful

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Board Walker
What is the name of that one item/weapon, the god slayer? The one that a future version of Thor used and became all shadow like and killed Galactus with it.

That thing makes you really powerful

It was the Necrosword.

Formely used by Gorr.

krisblaze
Not the godslayer, as that broke off Thanos' skin :3

leonidas
sword of might and amulet of right. sword MAY be excalibur. far as i know, it's not been definitively proven (or at least consistently shown) that the 2 swords are the same...could be there are times where they were shown to be the same and times where they were discussed separately. anyway, those 2 things, in one wielder were crazy uber....

krisblaze
Originally posted by leonidas
sword of might and amulet of right. sword MAY be excalibur. far as i know, it's not been definitively proven (or at least consistently shown) that the 2 swords are the same...could be there are times where they were shown to be the same and times where they were discussed separately. anyway, those 2 things, in one wielder were crazy uber....
Indeed.

In Excalibur v2 Mastermind/Roma confirm that it's the same, and when Brian combines them he basically replaces Roma.

So yeah...that's multiversal right there.

riv6672
Lots of awesome choices!

zom1967
Well the ultimate nullifier,in the hands of Reed Richards or Galactus.Can destroy and remake the entire multiverse,So I will go with that,since they made the gauntlet into a universal weapon!

TheLordofMurder
Vampiric Blood!!! wink

The Ultimate Nullifer is the honest answer...

Nothing trumps it...

HulkIsHulk
Just spewing a name of something on a similar level to the Eye of Agamotto:
The Star of Capistan

riv6672
What part of " the UT is not what i'm thinking of" dont people understand? huh laughing out loud

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Vampiric Blood!!! wink

The Ultimate Nullifer is the honest answer...

Nothing trumps it...
Dude please as Digi said we don't need to bring in multiversal weapons into this. Aim a little lower. No pun intended

basilisk
The Overkill Horn. Could no doubt destroy a GL ring (and its wearer) in seconds!

the Darkone
Everyday use I would say Mojlner, cosmisc level I would say IG which is more verstaile than ultimate nullifier

abhilegend
Gem of cyttorak.

Serpent crown.

Hulk's fists.

Etc.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Gem of cyttorak.

Serpent crown.

Hulk's fists.

Etc.
huh Hulk's fists?

rotiart
Has to be the quantum bands. Wearing then does make you thr protector of the universe...

riv6672
Thats never really been very well portrayed...

BeyonderGod
HOTU

BerserkersRage
I don't know. There's one glaring difference that I keep noticing between a GL ring and the marvel items being discussed here, but not sure if it matters to the OP.

A GL ring is a "mass produced" item while everything else are "one offs". Just saying.......

ozz81
IG & UN

Tar-Antado

It's not even the most powerful weapon in Asgard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.