Are They Omnipotent?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BeyonderGod
1. Lord of nightmares
2. Kami Tenchi
3. Featherine

If they are explain if they aren't tell why.

SSJGGogeta
1. LotN is NOT omnipotent. She is a transcendental being, that embodies chaos in her realm. Without life, there can be no chaos, meaning she would cease to exist if the universe were destroyed. She was sealed by a spell, or whatever, so she is NOT omnipotent, by any definition of the word.

2. Kami Tenchi could be, but he has no feats to support it. He is above the Chousin, but they aren't omnipotent either.

3. Featherine Augustus Aurora? Yes, she is omnipotent. As well as Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnimortal, and anything else you can think of. She is, going by her series claims, the creator and destroyer of every universe, and every multiverse, including our own. She is the person who wrote the story of creation itself, and created the destiny for every individual subatomic particle that exists throughout all of creation. She is the anime equivalent of characters like TOAA, MOM, The Presence, etc.

BeyonderGod
Featherine:
Wasn't she effected by drinking?.....
Wasn't their a unknown enemy who hurt her?......

I can understand the others but.......featherine?

BloodRain
For Kami Tenchi, apparently he is to Chousin's as they are to normal humans. Even if Chousin's are Abstracts, this just makes Tenchi an Abstract^2, in the scale sense.

And Fetherine's wiki says she repeatedly kills herself from time to time for "living too long". And has items to help her remember things.

BeyonderGod
Yup she ain't omnipotent.......

BeyonderGod
Also kami tenchi didn't exist before existence btw

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Featherine:
Wasn't she effected by drinking?.....
Wasn't their a unknown enemy who hurt her?......

I can understand the others but.......featherine?

What? No.

There was an enemy that damaged her apparently, but all it did was give birth to Hanyuu, an alternate version of herself. You can't kill her.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by BloodRain
For Kami Tenchi, apparently he is to Chousin's as they are to normal humans. Even if Chousin's are Abstracts, this just makes Tenchi an Abstract^2, in the scale sense.

And Fetherine's wiki says she repeatedly kills herself from time to time for "living too long". And has items to help her remember things.

Featherine gets bored, and dies sometimes, which has been explained as hibernation as well. She doesn't really die though, because she is there whenever she wants to be.

The floating device behind her head is her only weakness, as without it, she basically has short-term memory loss. However, Bernkastel said that even if she was 100 times stronger, she wouldn't be able to scratch it, and Bernkastel is a universe level gamemaster with the ability to alter reality, and change the outcome of probabilities.

I don't really know much about Tenchi though...

BloodRain
Can an omnipotent be limited in any way like even a pseudo hibernation, or a weakness?

SSJGGogeta
Can an omnipotent be limited in any way like even a pseudo hibernation, or a weakness?

Yeah. Omnipotence doesn't mean unbeatable, or even unkillable. It just means you have infinite power, which can be translated to many things.

Hell, even the Hulk is technically, in a sense, omnipotent, as World Breaker Hulk. He can wield the Rage force to access infinite physical strength, making him technically omnipotent. However, he is very killable, and can be blitzed to no end.

Thanos with the IG was omnipotent, as well as many other things.

The truth to who here is omnipotent is in my first post.

BloodRain
Unless you think Hulk and Thanos can kill TOAA..

BeyonderGod
Lol featherine isn't omnipotent as omnipotent basically means all powerful/infinite basically you are absolute of featherine can kill herself she ain't omnipotent plus her crystal holds her memory so without any hat she isn't omniscient.

BeyonderGod
Dang!

BeyonderGod
Dang!

Astner
I'll be using two definitions for omnipotence:The ability to perform any given possible action, i.e. the ability do anything logically possible.The ability to perform any given action be it a possible action or a contradiction, i.e. doing anything whether logically possible or not.
The canon source material for Slayers is the light novel series by Hajime Kanzaka in which the Lord of Nightmares clearly isn't omnipotent any of the given definitions. As shown in Slayers! Vol. 8 King of the City of Ghosts pages 163 - 164:
Another interesting piece of evidence is found in an interview with Hajime Kanzaka in BLASTER! Vol. 5 - 6:
So there are clear limits to what she can do as far as possible actions are concerned.

I have to go to work now, but neither Kami nor Featherine Augustus Aurora are omnipotent by any of the definitions either.

StealthRanger
Omnipotence is bullshit

That is all

BloodRain
No.

That is omni.

SSJGGogeta
Lol featherine isn't omnipotent as omnipotent basically means all powerful/infinite basically you are absolute of featherine can kill herself she ain't omnipotent plus her crystal holds her memory so without any hat she isn't omniscient.

Yes, she is infinitely powerful. She created the entire omni-verse, meaning she apparently created the other series as well.

She called her entire series, "just a single particle of hydrogen, compared to the ocean of stories I've created."(not the exact quote, just from memory).

How is being able to kill herself contradictory to omnipotence? If anything, if you can't kill yourself, you AREN'T omnipotent, because omnipotence is the ability to perform ANY feat. thumb up

The floating device behind her head only discounts her omniscience. And the only reason she needs it is because she exists in every imaginable reality at the same time. She conjured it to allow herself to keep track of all those infinite thoughts and memories.

Eh, Marvel and DC omnipotents are a little different.

Hell, nearly half the universal abstracts in both series are omnipotent, but there is a single upper-echelon character in both series, that is even MORE omnipotent. It doesn't make sense, but, you know, plot convenience. It's like how some infinities are bigger than others.

BloodRain
If there's a stronger character in your own fiction, you're not omnipotent.

Limited Omnipotence and Nigh-Omnipotence on the other hand is fine.

SSJGGogeta
If there's a stronger character in your own fiction, you're not omnipotent.

Limited Omnipotence and Nigh-Omnipotence on the other hand is fine.

Exactly.

You're not suggesting there is someone stronger than Featherine in Umineko though, are you?

BloodRain
Now you're going back on your words.

Earlier you called several characters omnipotent, while now admitting there can only be one per fiction.

That is unless you agree that characters can be Limited/Nigh Omnipotents, but not true Omnis.

SSJGGogeta
Now you're going back on your words.

Earlier you called several characters omnipotent, while now admitting there can only be one per fiction.

That is unless you agree that characters can be Limited/Nigh Omnipotents, but not true Omnis.

Who, me?

Um, yeah, there are several omnipotent characters in all of fiction. Only one in Umineko though, Featherine.

However, yes, there can be multiple nigh omnipotents in a series, just like how I compared it earlier to some infinities being bigger than others. The thing is, a true omnipotent is ABSOLUTELY infinitely strong, meaning they are INFINITELY stronger than everyone. No one comes close to reaching their strength, because they don't have a limit to their strength.

These true omni's in fiction, are characters like Featherine, TOAA, MOM, The Presence, Pre-retcon Beyonder, etc.

dika123
omnipotent vs omnipotent is bullshit and retard

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by Astner
I'll be using two definitions for omnipotence:The ability to perform any given possible action, i.e. the ability do anything logically possible.The ability to perform any given action be it a possible action or a contradiction, i.e. doing anything whether logically possible or not.
The canon source material for Slayers is the light novel series by Hajime Kanzaka in which the Lord of Nightmares clearly isn't omnipotent any of the given definitions. As shown in Slayers! Vol. 8 King of the City of Ghosts pages 163 - 164:
Another interesting piece of evidence is found in an interview with Hajime Kanzaka in BLASTER! Vol. 5 - 6:
So there are clear limits to what she can do as far as possible actions are concerned.

I have to go to work now, but neither Kami nor Featherine Augustus Aurora are omnipotent by any of the definitions either.
This guy is correct!

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Who, me?

Um, yeah, there are several omnipotent characters in all of fiction. Only one in Umineko though, Featherine.

However, yes, there can be multiple nigh omnipotents in a series, just like how I compared it earlier to some infinities being bigger than others. The thing is, a true omnipotent is ABSOLUTELY infinitely strong, meaning they are INFINITELY stronger than everyone. No one comes close to reaching their strength, because they don't have a limit to their strength.

These true omni's in fiction, are characters like Featherine, TOAA, MOM, The Presence, Pre-retcon Beyonder, etc.
I believe TOAA,PR-B,M.O.M and The Presence are omnipotent but due to featherine have a huge limit like azathoth who is considered a omni but showed similar LIMITATIONS
=Azathoth was stripped of his omniscience/omni-will
=Featherine without her cyrstal loses her intelligence,emotions, and memories.

You see the problem with the apparent omni level? As its a contradiction.

BeyonderGod
Bump!

VastoLord1234
True omnipotents are hard to come by, TOAA is probably the only one ive come across, but then again TOAA barely has any appearences, hence why.

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by VastoLord1234
True omnipotents are hard to come by, TOAA is probably the only one ive come across, but then again TOAA barely has any appearences, hence why.
He shown to be the writers/artists.....

SSJGGogeta
I believe TOAA,PR-B,M.O.M and The Presence are omnipotent but due to featherine have a huge limit like azathoth who is considered a omni but showed similar LIMITATIONS
=Azathoth was stripped of his omniscience/omni-will
=Featherine without her cyrstal loses her intelligence,emotions, and memories.

You see the problem with the apparent omni level? As its a contradiction.

While that is true, about Featherine, she still can't be hurt, and doesn't lose any of her actual powers. She doesn't lose her intelligence, but she loses her memory, which makes her about as smart/aware as a human. She's still omnipotent though, in the sense that fictional characters are. Her omniscience though, is limited to having her floating device.

Still though, with it, she is just as omnipotent as the other phuckers, if not even more so, given that she was stated to have written the stories of every universe that exists, calling the verse of Umineko, "As small as a drop in the ocean", compared to her influence.

Just like how Thanos becomes Omnipotent, when he wields the IG.

BeyonderGod
That make no sense because then she would be Nigh-Omnipotent than fully......

SSJGGogeta
That make no sense because then she would be Nigh-Omnipotent than fully......

Um, there is a difference between omnipotence, and omniscience, bro.

Omniscience = Infinite knowledge.

Omnipotence = Infinite strength.

Featherine has both, but loses her omniscience when she loses her memory device.

Doesn't matter though, she is still omnipotent, omnipresent, omnimortal, and omniversal. She's still just as strong as those other phuckers, but just so happens to have omniscience due to a memory device.

And btw, the Beyonder pre retcon ONLY had omnipotence. He was not omniscient, omnipresent or anything, OTHER than omnipotent.

BeyonderGod
Beyonder was a fully omnipotent being
Featherine doesn't have full anything because she would be able to lose or have a true threat which you described.

carver9
The DBZ hate in you is strong...Omnipotent strong.

BeyonderGod
Dont hate DBZ please check yourself before talking to me.

AlphaVortex
I thought people stopped using omnipotence as a valid feat in VS debates. Guess I was wrong.

Supposed omnipotent status is irrelevant. All that matters is feats.

SSJGGogeta
Beyonder was a fully omnipotent being
Featherine doesn't have full anything because she would be able to lose or have a true threat which you described.

The Beyonder also called the Hulk omnipotent. He said that the Hulk's potentially limitless strength surpassed even his own.

Going by your logic, that means HE'S not truly omnipotent.

Face it, there can be multiple omnipotents in a series, it doesn't make someone unbeatable.

Hell, Superman has been omnipotent a couple times, and he's died/lost plenty of times.

BeyonderGod
The Beyonder also called the Hulk omnipotent. He said that the Hulk's potentially limitless strength surpassed even his own.

Going by your logic, that means HE'S not truly omnipotent.

Face it, there can be multiple omnipotents in a series, it doesn't make someone unbeatable.

Hell, Superman has been omnipotent a couple times, and he's died/lost plenty of times.
1. Your lack of the word omnipotence here is funny.....Unlimited strength doesn't mean omnipotence if that's how YOU define omnipotence then you dont know what omnipotence is bud.

2. Are you even trying to comprehend what Omnipotence is?....because it seems you aren't.....

3. Superman has never been omnipotence either your drunk or just drunk......

SSJGGogeta
1. Your lack of the word omnipotence here is funny.....Unlimited strength doesn't mean omnipotence if that's how YOU define omnipotence then you dont know what omnipotence is bud.

2. Are you even trying to comprehend what Omnipotence is?....because it seems you aren't.....

3. Superman has never been omnipotence either your drunk or just drunk......

1. Omnipotence doesn't mean not having any limits. It means you have no limits on your strength. The Beyonder HIMSELF called the Hulk omnipotent, "to a higher degree", than even himself.

2. Um... Good point, since I'm TOTALLY the one saying that Omniscience is a pre-requisite for Omnipotence. thumb up The Hulk is TOTALLY Omniscient. laughing

3. Hm, let's see.

PC Superman wielding that Sword of Superman was Omnipotent, AND Omniscient.

New 52 Superman fought on par with Superboy Prime, who was physically considered as omnipotent, given that he had LITERALLY smashed through multiverses with his bare fists.

New 52 Superman ALSO became omnipotent when he was controlling the Thought Robot, to fight Mandrakk. This is also called Cosmic armor Superman.

He was ALSO omnipotent as Superman Prime One Million, although his omnipotence was fairly small compared to many others.

But yes, Superman has been omnipotent MANY times, a lot more than the Beyonder has, given that the Hulk is physically stronger than him, as per his own words. thumb up

BeyonderGod
1. Beyonder never called him omnipotent lmao
2. Who mentioned omniscience?.....no one it seems you have some kinda reading problem also.
3. PC Superman W/ Sword isnt omnipotent
Superboy Prime isn't omnipotent
Thought Robot is a plot device/shield
Superman prime is featless

You are trolling lol you don't know what omnipotence is so ima just say you aren't worth a argument anymore.

SSJGGogeta
1. Beyonder never called him omnipotent lmao
2. Who mentioned omniscience?.....no one it seems you have some kinda reading problem also.
3. PC Superman W/ Sword isnt omnipotent
Superboy Prime isn't omnipotent
Thought Robot is a plot device/shield
Superman prime is featless

You are trolling lol you don't know what omnipotence is so ima just say you aren't worth a argument anymore.

1. Yes, the Beyonder said that Hulk's strength outmatched his own. He called him a "truly never ending strength.", I can provide the scans. thumb up

2. You said that Featherine wasn't omnipotent because she can lose her omniscience if her memory device is destroyed. She is STILL omnipotent though, even if she becomes a mental retard afterwards. thumb up

3. PC Superman with the sword of Superman was OMNIPOTENT AND OMNISCIENT. I can provide the scans. thumb up

4. Superboy Prime destroyed a black lantern ring, which was DIRECTLY fueled by the Anti-monitor, who WAS omnipotent. He also broke through the source wall, and flew to the 5th dimension to kidnap the OMNIPOTENT Mr. Mxy, and trap him in the source wall, with Annataz Arataz. I can provide the scans. thumb up

5. What? The Thought robot made Superman omnipotent. End of story.

6. I'm really starting to wonder if you even know who these characters are. Have you even read DC, OR Marvel? Because Superman Prime one million killed Mr. Myx, who was also omnipotent.

That's fine, because you clearly haven't even read any DC or Marvel comics, making you no longer worth any effort to prove wrong, time and time again. thumb up

BeyonderGod
1. Yes, the Beyonder said that Hulk's strength outmatched his own. He called him a "truly never ending strength.", I can provide the scans. thumb up

2. You said that Featherine wasn't omnipotent because she can lose her omniscience if her memory device is destroyed. She is STILL omnipotent though, even if she becomes a mental retard afterwards. thumb up

3. PC Superman with the sword of Superman was OMNIPOTENT AND OMNISCIENT. I can provide the scans. thumb up

4. Superboy Prime destroyed a black lantern ring, which was DIRECTLY fueled by the Anti-monitor, who WAS omnipotent. He also broke through the source wall, and flew to the 5th dimension to kidnap the OMNIPOTENT Mr. Mxy, and trap him in the source wall, with Annataz Arataz. I can provide the scans. thumb up

5. What? The Thought robot made Superman omnipotent. End of story.

6. I'm really starting to wonder if you even know who these characters are. Have you even read DC, OR Marvel? Because Superman Prime one million killed Mr. Myx, who was also omnipotent.

That's fine, because you clearly haven't even read any DC or Marvel comics, making you no longer worth any effort to prove wrong, time and time again. thumb up
1. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111197929/4233184-hulkrespect07swii8.jpg
LMAO you think this is omnipotence?

2. K she loses her device and cant do anything good job you debunked her own omnipotence good job! she still isn't omnipotent by logic.

3. No feats will show he is either omnipotent or omniscient lol just stop.

4. Anti-Monitor isn't omnipotent if he was beaten sorry you are still wrong because omnipotence you cant be killed......which AM was and was resurrected and he was also Nigh-Omnipotent.

5. Thought robot didn't if it was damaged BEYOND repair and BLIND do you even comics?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3570246-06.png

6. Mr.Myxztplk wasn't omnipotent he was NIGH-Omnipotent and superman prime 1M wasnt omnipotent either as he couldn't save a universe before it got destroyed

You haven't proven me wrong......not even once but i proved you wrong countless times in multiple threads you know nothing of Terms and Powers nor of comic series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.