Legalizing pot for everybody to use.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spawningpool
Yay or nay?

Wonder Man
No.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Wonder Man
No.
Elaborate

Mindset
Everybody?

AsbestosFlaygon
Drugs make you dumb, and have long-term negative effects on your mental and physical state.

I've smoked weed back in the days.
Not to mention other more intoxicating recreational drugs, like magic mushrooms and LSD.
The effects are much worse than alcohol.

Shakyamunison
Adults should be allowed to smoke pot as long as they are responsible and do not drive under the influence of drugs (of any kind).

Time Immemorial
I just wanna get high and smoke out with Shaky up in Oregon.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset
Everybody?

He wants to dope Pregnant women and Babies.

Spawningpool
Marijuana is not a drug. You cannot be addicted to it.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Spawningpool
No and no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_%28drug%29

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Spawningpool

Some people can be addicted to pot. Those people should not smoke pot, just like alcoholics should not drink alcohol. However, it should be the choice of the individual adult, and not the government.

riv6672
Despite how you may personally feel about it, marijuana is a fact.
If prohibition taught us anything, is people will still get their hands on what they want, in varying, sometimes dangerous ways, and criminals will use the situation to gain power and wealth.

Just like alcohol, marijuana isnt going anywhere.
Makes sense to legalize and regulate it, take the power from the criminals, and deal with the situation realistically, not idealistically.

AsbestosFlaygon
Smoking pot makes you lazy.

The active ingredient in weed is a mild form of acid, which over long term use damages the brain.

riv6672
Whats your point?
In regards to mine, unless you're just posting that and it isnt a response to me.

AsbestosFlaygon
It's not a response to you.

Stating my point that pot is not beneficial to our society. Neither is alcohol.

But I do agree that it should be legalized to prevent the black market from growing.
Drug dealers are using drug money as funds for other criminal activities.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
It's not a response to you.

Stating my point that pot is not beneficial to our society. Neither is alcohol.

But I do agree that it should be legalized to prevent the black market from growing.
Drug dealers are using drug money as funds for other criminal activities.
Helps economy and lowers crime

Bentley
Stating my point that pot is not beneficial to our society.

There are so many things not beneficial for society it isn't even funny cool

Tzeentch
Smoking pot makes you lazy. So does eating sugar.

riv6672
True.

There are a million legal things that arent beneficial/make us lazy/bad for us...
This isnt reason enough not to legalize marijuana.

Shabazz916
why do ppl smoke ???

riv6672
Thats a whole different subject.

Astner
Originally posted by riv6672
Despite how you may personally feel about it, marijuana is a fact.
If prohibition taught us anything, is people will still get their hands on what they want, in varying, sometimes dangerous ways, and criminals will use the situation to gain power and wealth.
The point of prohibition isn't to make sure that every sod is safe. It's to make the majority safe.

Originally posted by riv6672
Just like alcohol, marijuana isnt going anywhere.
Makes sense to legalize and regulate it, take the power from the criminals, and deal with the situation realistically, not idealistically.
MDMA, ketamine, meth, heroin and spice isn't going anywhere either, but that doesn't mean that it's a good idea to legalize it.

Let's say that we legalize marijuana and within a year crime rates are up by 50%. What then? We can't revoke that legalization now that it's an integrated part of society with many businesses built around it, but we've lost billions of dollars combating these crime rates.

Omega Vision
How can you compare marijuana to drugs like heroin and meth?

In the states where marijuana has been legalized or more or less decriminalized, there hasn't been a serious escalation in crime rates, and I see no reason why this trend wouldn't hold elsewhere. In fact you're more likely to see crimerates go down with fewer possession arrests.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1490010/is-legalizing-recreational-marijuana-use-beneficial-to-the-society-colorado-crime-rate-statistics-surely-suggest-so/

Astner
Originally posted by Omega Vision
How can you compare marijuana to drugs like heroin and meth?
I didn't.

Omega Vision
Ok, were you arguing against the principle of his argument then (that because something's here to stay we should give up fighting it)?

Astner
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Ok, were you arguing against the principle of his argument then (that because something's here to stay we should give up fighting it)?
Yes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Astner
...Let's say that we legalize marijuana and within a year crime rates are up by 50%. What then? We can't revoke that legalization now that it's an integrated part of society with many businesses built around it, but we've lost billions of dollars combating these crime rates.

It's already legal here where I live and people are not running out into the streets to commit crimes. Really nothing has changed.

SayWhat
Just move to Denver or Seattle or some places in CA. Cops don't care, but the dispensaries are targets for big time robberies.

SayWhat
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It's already legal here where I live and people are not running out into the streets to commit crimes. Really nothing has changed.

Crimes are down, because no one going to jail for possession or selling it anymore. Unless you are in backwards Texas and redneck south or a huge million dollar dealer.

riv6672
Yeah, i'm done here.
Its circular argument time.
You young pot heads enjoy yourselves.

Oneness
Don't legalize the lazy drug.

I'm ****ed up enough as it is I don't need that shit rotting my mind away any more than it already has. I need to break-down blood glucose and better biotics in my gut to modify my genetics, not drugs to deteriorate my behavior.

Mindset
Originally posted by Oneness

I'm ****ed up enough as it is I don't need that shit rotting my mind away any more than it already has. I need to break-down blood glucose and better biotics in my gut to modify my genetics, not drugs to deteriorate my behavior. You're too mentally and physically weak to handle weed.

Disappointing.

Omega Vision
Leave him alone, Mindset, he doesn't have our alpha genes, but it isn't his fault.

rudester
Pot does shit to me so I don't bother with the stuff. Party and play, huh? You have no idea and the fact is you will never know. If any of you actually did drugs you'd be retards trying to live the party. People do it already why not legalize that shit.

rudester
Pot consumers want to legalize marijuana because its so cheap and effective as a natural pain killer. There's no measureable scale in growth of pot that the economy would take a huge hit. What about the economics of the American government, which depends on the finance of pharmaceutical giants. Painkillers are addictive and can be priced high and given to you only by doctors. Healthcare is a trillion dollar industry, no chance political reality will kick in until the economy can figure out a way on how to make a profit out of it.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Astner

Let's say that we legalize marijuana and within a year crime rates are up by 50%. What then? We can't revoke that legalization now that it's an integrated part of society with many businesses built around it, but we've lost billions of dollars combating these crime rates.
The reason why crime rates have not yet increased, is because pot is not yet legalized in a worldwide scale.
In areas where it is legalized, the % is negligible in relation to pop. density of said areas.

rudester
So what your saying is pot stops crime. Be honest guys pot heads are the ones that want to legalize it not the sick people who truly need it.

SayWhat
Originally posted by Oneness

I'm ****ed up enough as it is I don't need that shit rotting my mind away any more than it already has. I need to break-down blood glucose and better biotics in my gut to modify my genetics, not drugs to deteriorate my behavior.

How about eating fruits and veggies instead of chips and sodas and the usual suspects of munchies.

Broccoli, cauliflower, onions and greek yogurt plain and grapefruit (pectin). Do that with a swig of x virgin oil cold pressed oil and a can of beans (more pectin) everyday and avoid the bad munchies.

Of course, don't be stupid and try to light your flatulence on fire while high.

Bentley
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

You better start going to the streets Shaky, those crimes aren't going to commit themselves Happy Dance

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bentley
You better start going to the streets Shaky, those crimes aren't going to commit themselves Happy Dance

roll eyes (sarcastic) I have computer skills, dude! wink

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by rudester
So what your saying is pot stops crime.
The other way around.

Shakyamunison
The other way around.

No, people who are stoned never get around to doing crime. wink

Bentley
Technically driving while stoned is a crime only stoned people can perform.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Shabazz916
why do ppl smoke ???
Cancer, the bible says you can

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bentley
Technically driving while stoned is a crime only stoned people can perform.

Driving while stoned is still illegal and wrong. But the number of stoned drivers will not change because the legalization of pot.

Oneness
If it were legal I'd definitely stop doing it. Like drinking and driving.

Here's the one thing you have to understand, placebos make or break you in life. You're not going to ruin someone's life, it's a Goddamned placebo, literally God is a bunch of programmers writing scripts like your friend or a mountain in the landscape; making a reality for us to bend to our will because they love us and Satan is the bastard who subverted their programming by rewriting the placebos intended to bring about the aforementioned master plan. Now he has his own master plan: prevent others from knowing the truth.

Which is probably why it was Satan has deviced formulas for restoring intricate balances of the overall human experience. Yin and yang.

I'm trying to abolish yin. I'd fight the programmers till my program is removed from existence. I'd break all morals and go against my conscience to achieve my directive of ending yin and leaving only yang, and I couldn't be made to relent if he apprehended me and had me restrained and poured lighter fluid down my throat and eyes and threatened to end me if I don't relent, I'd say ****ing do it smile!

Because I want joy without consequence, without misery, for all eternity, more than any of you can understand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.