Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-pope-slams-deviant-forms-of-religion-in-wake-of-paris-attacks-9971981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam are evil?

Regards
DL

Stoic
Originally posted by Greatest I am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-pope-slams-deviant-forms-of-religion-in-wake-of-paris-attacks-9971981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam are evil?

Regards
DL

Let me be the first to correct you. Your question should read; Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Catholicism used to do?

Jesus and the Apostles would have never done these things. Nor were they taught to do these things. What does the bible teach? Luke 6:28-30 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29"Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30"Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.

Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Matthew 5:40
And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

Why don't you tell the real truth about something? Why don't you tell the people about the true origins of Christmas? How it really has nothing to do with Christianity. It seems that your battle is with the truth, but not against lies.

Shakyamunison
Catholicism is part of Christianity.

Mindset
Does the Pope condone the Inquisition?

If not, then I don't see your point.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset

If not, then I don't see your point.

5ZegQYgygdw

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
5ZegQYgygdw Mel Brooks is the best.

Stoic
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Catholicism is part of Christianity.

No. Catholicism is not Christianity, it is Catholicism.

Matthew 24:5
5 "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. This is what the Crusaders did when they killed in Christ's name, but Christ was not with them.

There are too many differences to get into. Catholics bare the principles of Christianity, but they have far too many add-ons, which was never required in order to be a Christian. They have too many traditional functions, that have nothing to do with Christ, and they pray to idols which was something that Christ forbade. They are as much Christian as Mormons are Christians. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am not here for peoples feelings on what I know to be true. It's like saying that Taoism is the exact same as Buddhism. They are different. If someone tells you 95% of the truth, it is still a lie.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stoic
No. Catholicism is not Christianity, it is Catholicism.

Matthew 24:5
5 "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. This is what the Crusaders did when they killed in Christ's name, but Christ was not with them.

There are too many differences to get into. Catholics bare the principles of Christianity, but they have far too many add-ons, which was never required in order to be a Christian. They have too many traditional functions, that have nothing to do with Christ, and they pray to idols which was something that Christ forbade. They are as much Christian as Mormons are Christians. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am not here for peoples feelings on what I know to be true. It's like saying that Taoism is the exact same as Buddhism. They are different. If someone tells you 95% of the truth, it is still a lie.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Stoic
roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

The Mormons have a bastardized version of a bible. Does this also mean that they are Christian's or the Children of the Angel Moroni? You can read all of the wiki's that you want to, and attempt to say that Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, but it is not. There are very large differences in what every other denomination believes and practices, and what Catholicism practices. Many of these practices border on outright Witch Craft, and Mysticism. Believe what you want to, but I know what I know. So again the heading of this thread should read.

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Catholicism used to do? Because Christians weren't ever taught to do what the Crusaders did. I have proven this, and have no idea what your point is? It's been shot full of holes.

Shakyamunison
The Mormons have a bastardized version of a bible. Does this also mean that they are Christian's or the Children of the Angel Moroni? You can read all of the wiki's that you want to, and attempt to say that Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, but it is not. There are very large differences in what every other denomination believes and practices, and what Catholicism practices. Many of these practices border on outright Witch Craft, and Mysticism. Believe what you want to, but I know what I know. So again the heading of this thread should read.

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Catholicism used to do? Because Christians weren't ever taught to do what the Crusaders did. I have proven this, and have no idea what your point is? It's been shot full of holes.

Yes, Mormons are an off-shoot of Christianity, but they are still Christians.

For example: There are many schools of Buddhism. Some believe extremely different then I do. However, they are all Buddhists.

Just because some Christians believe differently then you doesn't change the fact that they are all Christians.

Stoic
Yes, Mormons are an off-shoot of Christianity, but they are still Christians.

For example: There are many schools of Buddhism. Some believe extremely different then I do. However, they are all Buddhists.

Just because some Christians believe differently then you doesn't change the fact that they are all Christians.

No they are not. They are Mormons, just like Catholics are Catholics.

God in His Bible condemns these evil practices as follows:

Leviticus 19:26: "You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not practice augury or witchcraft.

Leviticus 19:31: "Do not turn to mediums or wizards; do not seek them out, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6: "If a person turns to mediums and wizards, playing the harlot after them, I will set my face against that person, and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 6:27: "A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them."

Deuteronomy 18:10-11: There shall not be found among you any one who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, any one who practices divination, a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer or a charmer, or a medium, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

There's more, but i am not here to condemn what another person believes in. It was the Roman Catholic Church, and not the Christians that killed in Christ's name. I have studied this stuff, and if you like I will teach you things that you don't seem to know, or understand. Christ, and those that follow him do not kill, and wage physical wars against other human beings. It is written in the Bible. I showed you that it was. The Pope is not the face of Christianity, he is the main representative of the Catholic Church.

Stoic
Idolatry

http://www.catholicbible101.com/apps/webstore/

Shakyamunison

AsbestosFlaygon
lol @ Roman Catholicism not being a part of Christianity.

It's the largest CHRISTIAN denomination in the world.
Probably the oldest as well.

All of these 'born-again' Christian denominations with their megachurches ARE the bastardized versions of Roman Catholicism.
The founders of these fake Christian cults revised the Roman Catholic Bible with their own interpretations, and used/are using their so-called faith as means for profit.

Roman Catholicism is the orthodox version of the Christian faith, just like Sunni Islam is in the Islam faith.

Stoic

Stoic
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

All of these 'born-again' Christian denominations with their megachurches ARE the bastardized versions of Roman Catholicism.
The founders of these fake Christian cults revised the Roman Catholic Bible with their own interpretations, and used/are using their so-called faith as means for profit.

Roman Catholicism is the orthodox version of the Christian faith, just like Sunni Islam is in the Islam faith.

Prove that longevity means the correct path. Prove that the Catholic Church does not dabble into idolatry, mysticism, and witch craft. So because the Catholic Church was the first church, does this mean that they are still the church that they began as? Remove the blinders, and look at what goes on in the Catholic Church. Catholics are Catholics. Mormon's are the Children of Moroni.

Stoic

As a mater of fact, let's fully take off the kids gloves, and delve into the functions that go on in the Catholic Church, and then let's cross reference those same practices with what goes on in witch craft. Get some solid proof of how sermons are always practiced in the Catholic Church. I don't want a wiki, I want you to show what happens in Catholic Churches, and who they pray to, and what idols are kept in those churches. I want you to SHOW ME what it means when they are eating the BODY of CHRIST. Then I want you to cross reference what the bible says about this practice, and then cross reference it with what goes on in witch craft.

Tzeentch
Do you know what a "no true scotsman fallacy" is?

AsbestosFlaygon
Prove that longevity means the correct path. Prove that the Catholic Church does not dabble into idolatry, mysticism, and witch craft. So because the Catholic Church was the first church, does this mean that they are still the church that they began as? Remove the blinders, and look at what goes on in the Catholic Church. Catholics are Catholics. Mormon's are the Children of Moroni.
I never said anything about Roman Catholicism being the correct path.

I just merely stated the facts, that Roman Catholicism is the oldest and the largest Christian church in the world, and that all these Christian cults stemmed from it and are being used as means for profit as a business by greedy megalomaniacs with a severe case of Messiah complex.

Religion is NOT the correct path.
It never was, never will be.

Knowledge, skills, and technological advancements ARE the keys to world unity.
We should all abandon these primitive belief systems, and strive to improve ourselves on our own.

Stoic

I just merely stated the facts, that Roman Catholicism is the oldest and the largest Christian church in the world, and that all these Christian cults stemmed from it and are being used as means for profit as a business by greedy megalomaniacs with a severe case of Messiah complex.

We should all abandon these primitive belief systems, and strive to improve ourselves on our own.

Was is the correct term, but it is no longer, because it left it's first love. You have to study the Bible to the point that you see clear differences in what the bible teaches, and what the Catholic Church teaches. If you delve deep enough, you will be shocked to say the least. I'm ready to go to war over the fact that their candle has long since been removed from most of the Catholic Churches, and all that remains are spiritual territories. The Bible is a treasure map. I respect your choice of turning you back on spiritual things, but i believe that everyone has the right to believe in what they want to. However I am addressing the title of this thread. It was not Christians that marched on innocent people, and killed them for their lands, it was the Crusaders that hid behind his name to justify their evil deeds.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Do you know what a "no true scotsman fallacy" is?

No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion. When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim ("no Scotsman would do such a thing"wink, rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing"wink

Understood. Thank you, I've never heard of this philosophy.

AsbestosFlaygon
Was is the correct term, but it is no longer, because it left it's first love. You have to study the Bible to the point that you see clear differences in what the bible teaches, and what the Catholic Church teaches. If you delve deep enough, you will be shocked to say the least. I'm ready to go to war over the fact that their candle has long since been removed from most of the Catholic Churches, and all that remains are spiritual territories. The Bible is a treasure map. I respect your choice of turning you back on spiritual things, but i believe that everyone has the right to believe in what they want to. However I am addressing the title of this thread. It was not Christians that marched on innocent people, and killed them for their lands, it was the Crusaders, that hid behind his name to justify their evil deeds.
OK. I just wanted to clarify my stance in this religious debacle.

The Crusaders were Catholics, hence Christians.
I do not see understand your point in differing Roman Catholicism with Christianity.
Catholicism is a part of Christianity. Its teachings are focused on Jesus Christ.

The main differences it has with the other so-called Christian cults are:
1. Its special emphasis on the Virgin Mary
2. They believe in miracles through saints and holy objects
3. The image of the Body of Christ is present in their crucifixes
4. God is composed of 3 entities with the same level of power: God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

Btw, your statements just reaffirmed my stance that all these neo-Christian denominations are nothing but cults spreading lies with their distorted interpretation of the Roman Catholic Bible.

Mindset
OK. I just wanted to clarify my stance in this religious debacle.

The Crusaders were Catholics, hence Christians.
I do not see understand your point in differing Roman Catholicism with Christianity.
Catholicism is a part of Christianity. Its teachings are focused on Jesus Christ.

The main differences it has with the other so-called Christian cults are:
1. Its special emphasis on the Virgin Mary
2. They believe in miracles through saints and holy objects
3. The image of the Body of Christ is present in their crucifixes
4. God is composed of 3 entities with the same level of power: God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

Btw, your statements just reaffirmed my stance that all these neo-Christian denominations are nothing but cults spreading lies with their distorted interpretation of the Roman Catholic Bible. Roman Catholic Bible isn't original text.

Your post seems to imply that the Bible is their creation.

Also, how is everything a cult aside from Catholicism...what are you taking about?

Bentley

Technically Eastern Orthodox Catholics are also the first Church.

Aren't protestant churches respectful of the first councils and the christian living tradition anyways? Both of those came before the Bible was even gathered and they outweight the book when it comes to canon -they pretty much made the Bible canon-. They even did apart with the Torah.

Lestov16
The difference between Catholicism and Islam is that Catholicism has began retconning many of their inhumane discriminatory dogmas to adapt to the modern human-rights-advocating world, whereas Islam refuses to and as such is seen as the barbaric religion it is. To give one example of many, Pope Benedict, the leader of the Catholic community, has famously dismissed biblical homophobia, whereas in Saudi Arabia, the leaders of the Muslim community, homosexuality is punishable by torture and death. Sorry, but Islam allows human rights violations that must be seen as they are. As society progresses with intelligence, it also clearly does in empathy, and the modern world will not stand for people to undergo horrific suffering for Islamic dogma.

Shakyamunison
No they are not the same as Catholics. ...

Stomping your feet and saying no doesn't make it so. The basic belief in the salvation of Jesus is shared by all Christians, and that includes Catholics. Coming form the point of view of an outsider, the rest doesn't matter.

You can't see the forest for the trees.

Badabing
Let me be the first to correct you. Your question should read; Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Catholicism used to do?

Jesus and the Apostles would have never done these things. Nor were they taught to do these things. What does the bible teach? Luke 6:28-30 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29"Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30"Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

Why don't you tell the real truth about something? Why don't you tell the people about the true origins of Christmas? How it really has nothing to do with Christianity. It seems that your battle is with the truth, but not against lies. Originally posted by Mindset

If not, then I don't see your point. Well, you guys made my points more or less.

Using the thread starter's logic we should condemn the current Aztec descendants for their human sacrifice, the American descendants for slavery, the German descendants for the Holocaust Egyptian descendants for enslaving the Jews, etc. thumb downOriginally posted by Robtard
5ZegQYgygdw And YOU posted this vid before I could.

Well done everybody. clapclap

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Mindset
Roman Catholic Bible isn't original text.

Your post seems to imply that the Bible is their creation.

Also, how is everything a cult aside from Catholicism...what are you taking about?
I know that the Roman Catholic Bible (NJB) is a heavily modified version of the original Bible written in Aramaic.
But since it is the oldest Christian religion, it makes sense that they have the version closest to the original text.

Yes, all Christian denominations that came from Catholicism (ie. Protestantism, Lutheran, etc.) are fake religions that unscrupulous businessmen with Messianic complex invented.
All these 'born-again' Christianity-is-not-a-religion-it's-a-relationship cults are just money-making schemes that are contradictory to the original Christian religion, which is Roman Catholicism.

Just like how Shia Islam, Nation of Islam, Five-Percent Nation, etc. are bastardized versions of the original Sunni Islam.

Mindset
I know that the Roman Catholic Bible (NJB) is a heavily modified version of the original Bible written in Aramaic.
But since it is the oldest Christian religion, it makes sense that they have the version closest to the original text.

Yes, all Christian denominations that came from Catholicism (ie. Protestantism, Lutheran, etc.) are fake religions that unscrupulous businessmen with Messianic complex invented.
All these 'born-again' Christianity-is-not-a-religion-it's-a-relationship cults are just money-making schemes that are contradictory to the original Christian religion, which is Roman Catholicism.

Just like how Shia Islam, Nation of Islam, Five-Percent Nation, etc. are bastardized versions of the original Sunni Islam. These "cults" by in large had as much claim to Christianity as Catholicism. You're deluding yourself if you think Catholicism is pure while the others are not. Who could have a bigger messiah complex than the Pope?

I don't think you understand what a cult is.

Robtard
These "My Jesus is better than yours" arguments are amusing, carry forth

edit: May I suggest a way to sort out whose Jesus is better? I say we give precedence by age. The older the denomination, the better their Jesus is. eg Roman Catholics > Baptist, Baptist > Mormons, Mormons > 7th Day Adventist etc. etc. etc.

Bentley

edit: May I suggest a way to sort out whose Jesus is better? I say we give precedence by age. The older the denomination, the better their Jesus is. eg Roman Catholics > Baptist, Baptist > Mormons, Mormons > 7th Day Adventist etc. etc. etc.

Again, technically Eastern Orthodox Catholics are as old as the Roman Catholics, don't follow a single pope (they are more like archbishops), were not in the crusades nor the inquisition, and have a smaller cult of icons.

So this is more like "which western Jesus is better".

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bentley
Again, technically Eastern Orthodox Catholics are as old as the Roman Catholics, don't follow a single pope (they are more like archbishops), were not in the crusades nor the inquisition, and have a smaller cult of icons.

But they are not Christian because they don't use the king James Bible. laughing out loud (That was a joke)

Mindset
My Jesus could beat up your Jesus.

Robtard

Don't give me any of that nonsense. Where do they fall in the Christian Chronology Calendar (aka the CCC)?

AsbestosFlaygon

Roman Catholic Jesus is the protagonist of the mainstream continuity.

The versions from other Bibles' are alternate versions of himself from different timelines, modified by contemporary writers with Messiah complex issues.

Robtard
Roman Catholic Jesus is the protagonist of the mainstream continuity.

The versions from other Bibles' are alternate versions of himself from different timelines, modified by contemporary writers with Messiah complex issues.

Jesus is the protagonist is every facet of Christianity.

You're not playing by the rules of the CCC, give a founding date; stand by that.

AsbestosFlaygon
Jesus is the protagonist is every facet of Christianity.

You're not playing by the rules of the CCC, give a founding date; stand by that.
That's like saying there's only 1 Superman in the DC multiverse.
Roman Catholic Jesus is the New 52 Superman of the Bible. All other versions are secondary and not part of the mainline continuity.
There are various versions of Jesus, as there are various versions of the Bible. Just like there are various versions of Superman.
Roman Catholic Jesus is not necessarily the strongest version, but it is the original version of Jesus.

CCC? You mean the Gregorian calendar?
Then Roman Catholic Jesus > Eastern Orthodox Jesus >>> other Jesuses.

Robtard
But the "New 52" is new and not an original source, hence "New" in the title. So your analogy is closer to Mormonism, where it's the new(er) kid on the block and states "My Jesus is the correct Jesus; the rest of you older religions are not right anymore".

CCC = Christian Chronology Calendar

That isn't a date, we need dates!

Also, Eastern Ortho is just about as old as mainstream Catholicism at its roots, they just split off in the 11th century because the Greeks and Latin speakers had an argument over beard or something. But I'll give you that, Roman > Ortho

Time Immemorial

Why don't you tell the real truth about something? Why don't you tell the people about the true origins of Christmas? How it really has nothing to do with Christianity. It seems that your battle is with the truth, but not against lies.

Outstanding post that shut GIA up and sent him back to his handler for more subject brought about through deception.

Bentley
Don't give me any of that nonsense. Where do they fall in the Christian Chronology Calendar (aka the CCC)?

They are the same Church as the Roman Catholic, they had a schism with the around the, Sixth or Seventh Vatican Council? The popes are representatives of the churches established by the original apostles and (except for the Russian Orthodox Church I think) can be traced back for one of them as their respective Patriarch. The Roman Catholics were themselves traceable from the early Church established by Saint Peter. During the 20th Century both the Roman Catholics and the Eastern Catholics removed each other's excommunications.

Robtard
That's what I said a day ago, Bentley. God!

Lord Lucien

Regards
DL Yeah. Shame on the Pope and the Catholic church for changing for the better and recognizing their own past flaws in others. Shaaaaame.

Shabazz916
religion is nothing but planned evil with disguised fake rewards

Mindset
Originally posted by Shabazz916
religion is nothing but planned evil with disguised fake rewards http://38.media.tumblr.com/7a946bf39ac667daec1350b1b17d585e/tumblr_nb90e1OTNV1s3ra2uo1_400.gif

Stoic
Like I said before, Catholics are not Christians. They share many of the same things, but they have too many add-ons that were never asked of them in the bible. Let's look at the origins of the Druids to get clear proof that Catholicism delves into Witch Craft. Catholicism is as close to being Christianity as Judaism is to being Christianity. Christianity does not change over time to suit peoples views, and/or to make them feel more comfortable because they did not like a certain aspect of the teachings in the bible. Catholicism does, and has all along. It is no longer the church that it began as. Christianity is a way of life, and it never taught people to pray before idols, or to place a mediator between us and God. Islam, and what is taught in its different sects is not the same thing that goes on in Christianity. It is clear that the bible condemns many of the practices that go on in Catholicism. If you have trouble seeing this, you had better delve deeply into what the differences are. The teachings of the Bible are the foundations of Christianity, and Catholicism. Catholicism is not the foundations of Christianity or the Bible. Lets get it right. Twisting it will not ever change the fact, that Catholicism practices things that go against the bible.

So yes the Pope is slamming Islam for what the Vatican, and Catholicism used to do.

juggerman
Well said

Bentley
The teachings of the Bible are the foundations of Christianity

The teachings of Jesus are the foundations of Christianity. That should make it clearer.

Other than that, many of the criticism that goes against the Catholic doctrine does not apply to the wholesome of the catholic community. Is funny to see them bashing essentially for being tolerant towards some religious practices.

Stoic
The teachings of Jesus are the foundations of Christianity. That should make it clearer.

Other than that, many of the criticism that goes against the Catholic doctrine does not apply to the wholesome of the catholic community. Is funny to see them bashing essentially for being tolerant towards some religious practices.

Wrong. Christians follow the entire Bible, they don't begin with the New Testament, and live their lives according to the the Apostolic doctrine. If you felt that me telling the truth about Catholicism was me bashing the religion, you couldn't be more wrong. Like I said in my previous post, you had better delve deeper into the differences between the two. Catholicism is like a health store that began selling only healthy foods, but then decided that it would be more profitable to sell ho ho's, donuts, and many other foods that constitute to the saying of being overfed, yet undernourished. Catholicism practices things that are clearly against what the Bible teaches, and what they are supposed to adhere to.

Like I said, Catholicism is not the face of the Bible. They are supposed to follow it, but they chose to add things to it, and take things away from it to please others. The Bible is not supposed to follow Catholicism, Catholics are not supposed to pray to idols, they aren't supposed to practice white magic, or any kind of magic, or mysticism. You would know this if you studied, or looked deeper into the history of Catholicism, and then cross referenced it to what the Bible teaches. Bashing or the truth Bentley?

Bentley

Greatest I am

We are doing so in both science and law. Secular is demonstrably superior to what the Abrahamic cults, Christians, Muslims and others have on offer.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Lestov16
The difference between Catholicism and Islam is that Catholicism has began retconning many of their inhumane discriminatory dogmas to adapt to the modern human-rights-advocating world, whereas Islam refuses to and as such is seen as the barbaric religion it is. To give one example of many, Pope Benedict, the leader of the Catholic community, has famously dismissed biblical homophobia, whereas in Saudi Arabia, the leaders of the Muslim community, homosexuality is punishable by torture and death. Sorry, but Islam allows human rights violations that must be seen as they are. As society progresses with intelligence, it also clearly does in empathy, and the modern world will not stand for people to undergo horrific suffering for Islamic dogma.

Let us pray to all the mythical Gods.

But remember that at the times of the Inquisition, many probably thought as you and I do and likely died.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Badabing

All I am saying is that Catholicism religion has done the exact same thing in the past, albeit far worse and on a much larger scale.

Some will see the pope as a revolting hypocrite and has no place condemning the same actions that, in the past, contributed to the success of his own club.

Even this gent whom I have never seen use foul language has let loose on the pope.

https://richarddawkins.net/2015/01/the-way-of-the-mister-****-the-pope/

With regard to the pope encouraging violence, this is not entirely true: http://www.independent.co.uk...

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Just like how Shia Islam, Nation of Islam, Five-Percent Nation, etc. are bastardized versions of the original Sunni Islam.

All those offshoots are like children learning how to walk yet not quite able to let go of mamma's skirt. Rather pathetic that.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Religions are supposed to be about morals and ethics. Why not look at the various policies of the various Jesus' and decide from that?

The oldest should be the most barbaric and the one who would likely lose.

The Gnostic Jesus would likely win but every time I ask a Christian of any camp to argue morals, they all tuck tail and go hide with their pacifiers.

Christians know that their religions are immoral but do not care as their religions have corrupted their morals.

Not surprising as their creed starts with having to embrace human sacrifice.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Outstanding post that shut GIA up and sent him back to his handler for more subject brought about through deception.

Cheep shot by a cheep guy. Thanks for showing us all your small mind.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yeah. Shame on the Pope and the Catholic church for changing for the better and recognizing their own past flaws in others. Shaaaaame.

When did the pope admit this?

Please get the link.

You will also note that I have a link above showing the pope advocating violence against free speech.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Shabazz916
religion is nothing but planned evil with disguised fake rewards

If you mean that churches and mosques are always lying to people then I agree.

And stupid people will actually pay to be lied to.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

So yes the Pope is slamming Islam for what the Vatican, and Catholicism used to do.

I did not think you bright enough to come around but here you are. Good for you. I stand corrected and agree with you agreeing with me.

Regards
DL

Bentley
Religions are supposed to be about morals and ethics.

While I agree that religions are linked with ethics and morals, I'm still unsure if they are "supposed to be" just about that. Moral superiority is based in social schemes that change with time, so any religion that has any kind of identity would be at least a bit immoral at some point.

Shakyamunison
While I agree that religions are linked with ethics and morals, I'm still unsure if they are "supposed to be" just about that. Moral superiority is based in social schemes that change with time, so any religion that has any kind of identity would be at least a bit immoral at some point.

That is why religions have to change over time. Those who do not change become immoral.

Bentley
That is why religions have to change over time. Those who do not change become immoral.

It's an accurate statement, everything changes, religion is a human practice, obviously it'll change (it can remain immoral in the process).

I recently had a discussion about how religion isn't supposed to be about morals at all, but about reaching a higher understanding of trascendence and spiritual reality. I'm not sure if I'd stick to that definition either.

Greatest I am

That has yet to be shown and this far up the time line, I do not think we can say that.

The point to note here is that Christianity and Islam are misogynistic and homophobic religions at present showing that they are immoral religions with unjust tenets.

Were they immoral in their beginning? I don't know but they certainly are today.

I do know that they were immoral when they helped usher in the Dark Ages of freedom of thought and their Inquisition was the crowning jewel to their immorality.

Regards
DL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.