Goku's zenkai list? Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I'm trying to compile a list of all zenkais that Goku has received in his life. Try and be logical. It has to be when he almost died through fighting. I don't think the heart virus counts, as it was an internal bacterial problem. Also I don't care about zenkai inconsistency. Nothing in nature is perfect, and certain injuries and methods may be responsible for power ups. Also coming back to life is NOT a zenkai, as dying trumps near-fatal injury.

1.) As an infant, he hit his head and almost died. This is a zenkai. His powerlevel probably went from 2 to 6, as he was unusually strong for a child.

The Ultra Divine Water is definitely a zenkai.I need help with the rest of DB. I can do Z.

BloodRain
Head bump.

Losing to Roshi in the tournament?

He froze before Muscle Tower, not sure if that's considered near death Like the virus.

Losing to Tao.

Losing against Tien?

Loss to Tambourine? He was knocked out for half a day.

Loss against King Piccolo.

Ultra Divine Water.

Defeating King Piccolo. Broken limbs should count.

Defeating Piccolo Jr. Broken limbs and a wound in his shoulder.

Unsure which count, but that should be all of the candidates.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by BloodRain
Head bump.

Losing to Roshi in the tournament?

He froze before Muscle Tower, not sure if that's considered near death Like the virus.

Losing to Tao.

Losing against Tien?

Loss to Tambourine? He was knocked out for half a day.

Loss against King Piccolo.

Ultra Divine Water.

Defeating King Piccolo. Broken limbs should count.

Defeating Piccolo Jr. Broken limbs and a wound in his shoulder.

Unsure which count, but that should be all of the candidates.

Good job, and all those count.

But there's also the time he lost to Yamcha. Can't think of any others.

BloodRain
Wasn't that only momentarily?

The only ones that should be considered are those closer to a fatality.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by BloodRain
Wasn't that only momentarily?

The only ones that should be considered are those closer to a fatality.

Why's that?

Vegeta specifically said that anytime a Saiyan loses a battle he comes back stronger than before. Not just anytime they get wounded. A zenkai occurs as an adaptation of their warrior species to allow them to get stronger from defeat, rather than weaker.

Reflassshh
Not true.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Not true.

Um, yeah, it is true. It was stated several times. That's why Goku didn't stop getting zenkai boosts, even after his maximum injuries peaked in later saga's to tiring and bruising. He didn't even get a single bone broken after the Frieza saga. He broke every bone in his body against Vegeta. The only time he was hurt worse than that, was when he got blown up against Cell, and that was death, so it's not a zenkai boost.

bbrem123
Just re-watched Goku training on his way to Namek. Man he can take some serious punishment. Broke nearly every bone in his body and still was awake and able to move around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.