FORM V fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Battle takes place on neutral ground

TCW Anakin Skywalker vs. Kyle Katarn vs. Ulic Qel Droma vs. Plo Koon vs. ROTJ Vader vs. ROTJ Luke vs. Darth Malgus

DarthAnt66
Vader, then Droma, then Luke.

Nephthys
Bane.

DarthAnt66
That's not even an option.

ILS
Bane is Mortis tier.

Luke = Vader > TCW Anakin > Ulic Qel-Droma > Plo Koon =/> Kyle Katarn

carthage
I didn't include Bane because he isn't a skilled duelist. The guys listed are among the best in the style.

ILS
I think Malgus could be included.

carthage
You're probably right.

I think he could take Katarn, a pure duel between him and Plo could go either way.

ILS
I think Malgus could take Plo, if not because of superior physicals but because Plo would inevitably eat kicks from him all day.

carthage
Which was pretty much how Savage took him out. I haven't seen the TCW series in its entirety, but is there anything suggesting he could take Vader in a pure saber duel?

Nephthys
Personally I don't think any of the PT council (excluding obi-wan, anakin, yoda + mace obviously) can take one of the great Sith Lords (who actually duel) in a saber fight. Malak, Malgus, Wrath, Ulic blah blah etc should be above them, even if a few maybe aren't solidly so.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
Bane is Mortis tier.

Luke = Vader > TCW Anakin > Ulic Qel-Droma > Plo Koon =/> Kyle Katarn

Kyle's stance seems to be slipping lately

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I don't think any of the PT council (excluding obi-wan, anakin, yoda + mace obviously) can take one of the great Sith Lords (who actually duel) in a saber fight. Malak, Malgus, Wrath, Ulic blah blah etc should be above them, even if a few maybe aren't solidly so. Why?

Nephthys
Because they don't stack up in power or ability.

ILS
Because they don't stack up in power or ability. Okay, well.. why wouldn't Plo Koon for example be able to defeat Darth Malak in a lightsaber duel?

Nephthys
Because Malak's better and more powerful than him? I mean, isn't Koon's best feat not dying against GG?

ILS
Because Malak's better and more powerful than him? I mean, isn't Koon's best feat not dying against GG? Based on what? And Koon hasn't even fought Grievous. His best feats are fighting evenly with Savage, and contending with Ventress with a broken arm. What does Malak have to exceed that?

NewGuy01
Koon never fought Grievous, but he did stalemate Ventress.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Based on what? And Koon hasn't even fought Grievous. His best feats are fighting evenly with Savage, and contending with Ventress with a broken arm. What does Malak have to exceed that?

Being the greatest Sith alive in his Empire? Ask Ant if you want feats, he's got them all. I simply do not think that someone like Plo Koon could beat Malak.

Also Koon lost to Savage.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Koon never fought Grievous, but he did stalemate Ventress.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of Mundi.

ILS
Being the greatest Sith alive in his Empire? Ask Ant if you want feats, he's got them all. I simply do not think that someone like Plo Koon could beat Malak.

Also Koon lost to Savage. How exactly does that accolade correlate to being > Koon in a lightsaber duel? You're free to believe what you want, I just don't understand your reasoning.

Good for Savage, I guess? And he lost due to having his mask ripped off, not through a dueling disparity.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
How exactly does that accolade correlate to being > Koon in a lightsaber duel? You're free to believe what you want, I just don't understand your reasoning.

Good for Savage, I guess? And he lost due to having his mask ripped off, not through a dueling disparity.

He's more powerful and accomplished. He's a master swordsman who kicked the shit out of the mando's and the Jedi. Koon can't compare to Malak in terms of power and Malak is noted as focusing on his swordsmanship. Like I said I simply don't think that a random PT council member can defeat one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history in his speciality.

I don't see how that matters much, Malak could rip it off just as easily. It's a weakness any opponent of Koon's could exploit.

ILS
He's more powerful and accomplished. He's a master swordsman who kicked the shit out of the mando's and the Jedi. Koon can't compare to Malak in terms of power and Malak is noted as focusing on his swordsmanship. Like I said I simply don't think that a random PT council member can defeat one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history in his speciality.

I don't see how that matters much, Malak could rip it off just as easily. It's a weakness any opponent of Koon's could exploit. Power doesn't help in a duel unless the disparity is truly massive, which it isn't in this case. Is there anything special about these Mandalorians and Jedi that would allow beating them to exceed stalemating Ventress with a broken arm? Koon is also a master swordsman who focuses on blade-combat, so that's not an issue. Plo Koon isn't a "random PT council member", he's an established character with good feats. Also, Koon is canonically one of the most powerful Jedi to ever live.

Proof? Ventress didn't.

Angelalex242
Luke ultimately wins as he redeems his dad, again. Otherwise it's a toss up between Luke and Vader. Depends on who gets ganged up on the most by other people.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Power doesn't help in a duel unless the disparity is truly massive, which it isn't in this case. Is there anything special about these Mandalorians and Jedi that would allow beating them to exceed stalemating Ventress with a broken arm? Koon is also a master swordsman who focuses on blade-combat, so that's not an issue. Plo Koon isn't a "random PT council member", he's an established character with good feats. Also, Koon is canonically one of the most powerful Jedi to ever live.

Proof? Ventress didn't.

Not true, power was the deciding factor for Bane vs Kas'im. Despite the latter being more skilled and experienced, Bane was winning through power. Which at the time wasn't towering above Kas'ims. Power is generally the most important factor in a duel, in fact. I don't care about this enough or like Malak enough to champion him or form an argument for him. I stated my opinion, Malak is one of the great Sith Lords of history who commanded an entire empire. Plo Koon is a council member. I don't see why there'd be a significant difference in skill while Malak is certainly more powerful. I also don't see that Ventress feat as outside of Malak's capabilities.

I don't mean that any schmuck can do it, just that it's a vulnerability that's available for anyone to exploit. Savage beating him that way doesn't change that he beat him through a method that isn't restricted to Savage. And I don't see why you're asking for proof. It's a mask, it can be pulled off. That's not something that needs to be proven.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.