Darth Maul vs Mara Jade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Primes, set, go!

ILS
Maul.

inb4 mara be ninja maul nut see hur comin

WildBantha88
Mara Jade attacks Darth Maul suddenly and without him noticing

ILS
Only Kolar can do that.

carthage
Maul in a good fight.

Faster, comparably powerful, physically stronger, but most importantly more skilled.

ILS
He also has cuter toes

Angelalex242
Mara outsmarts and outninjas poor dumb Maul.

And she totally has cuter feet, damnit!

carthage
Better teeth too, he should be a spokesman for Colgate

http://www.partyworld.ie/store_images/customcontent/0/darth_maul_picture_jpg.jpg

Trocity
Even his horns look dirty as f***, he needs to brush and polish them.

Angelalex242
And Mara beats him on personal hygiene too. In between sneaking up on him and stabbing him in the back.

Because Rogues are not Fighters.

Fated Xtasy
Wasn't this originally Vader Vs Mara?

anyway, I'm going with Maul, anyone have Mara's best feats?(the Caedus fight is a bit iffy for me atm)

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
Maul in a close fight.

Faster, comparablymore powerful, physically stronger, but most importantly more skilled.

thumb up More skilled as a swordsman, at least. Mara definitely has a lot of other skills in a lot of areas, though.

Originally posted by Angelalex242
Mara outsmarts poor dumb Maul.

"A deadly, agile Sith Lord trained by the evil Darth Sidious, Darth Maul was a formidable warrior and scheming mastermind." erm

Angelalex242
Mara killed C'boath and Luuke, for what it's worth. She's an 3Rings/Ataru user. She fights Lumiya regularly, and beat Nyax. She beat Alema Rar.

Her danger sense and force stealth are her strongest abilities in the force, as befits a rogue. She's a spymaster, more then anything. That's why I keep yelling at people about fighter vs. rogue. Of course the rogue doesn't win a straight fight, they were never intended to. They're intended to sneak up on you and hit you with a sneak attack. Hence her abilities in infiltration, disguise, and so on. Let the rogue be a rogue, and she'll win a lot more fights then you'd think. Her martial arts training is comprable to Maul's teris kaze.

Also, she doesn't just carry a lightsaber, she carries a blaster and wears crush gauntlets as well. The gauntlets do a lot to help deal with Maul's physicality.

Lastly, she's designed by Zahn to be Luke's perfect match. That means she has to focus on the abilities he does not bring to the table, and let him worry about what he does best.

ILS
Because Maul totally couldn't be described as having rogue or assassin-like qualities either roll eyes (sarcastic)

Angelalex242
Oh? Maul has no known stealth talents. He's a pure fighter. Ironically, Mara can use Force Lightning. Maul cannot. How about that?

NewGuy01
Vader doesn't use lightning either, but he could still give Mara a whalloping.

Maul is an incredibly skilled assassin, the hell are you talking about?

ILS
Oh? Maul has no known stealth talents Of course he does. He's moved quite literally silently on several occasions, has cloaked himself invisible, concealed his presence in the Force from Darsha Assant, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan, assassinated the entire Orsis Academy as a teenager, single handedly wiped out the Black Sun ect.

Angelalex242
If he could find her. Mara relies on that not happening.

When, exactly, do you see Maul using stealth? He finds his target, ignites his saber, and beats the hell out of you. While he's technically a Sith Assassin, and can hide his force signature, he doesn't actually operate by stealth, preferring direct confrontations with people.

Maul ignites his saber and tells Qui Gonn and Obi Wan to bring it. That doesn't make him an ineffective assassin, he does kill Qui Gonn, but Qui Gonn had a proper duel before he died.

Mara would never let either of them see her coming. There would be no proper duel.

ILS
What are Mara's actual stealth feats that apparently elevate her to Mortis tier?

Angelalex242
The last time you asked me that, I told you she's not Mortis, she's a 9-9.5 stealther. Jeez. Listen next time.

ILS
feetz

Trocity
Darth Maul in a very good fight.

Angelalex242
Feats:

Sneaking around Vader as a teen. Vader, who has better senses then Maul does, which is the important part here.

Also, she can disappear in the Force, thanks to Ben teaching her how, which he in turn learned from Jacen.

Maul, on the other hand, cannot sneak up on her, as her danger sense is described as better then Luke's, and he commonly relies on her for that when they are paired...as is frequent.

There are better stealthers then Mara...Sidious himself for one, who can stand there next to Yoda and not be recognized for what he is...but very few.

ILS
Proof she was sneaking around Vader without him sensing her?

Maul can also "disappear in the Force" to other Force Users.

And she can't sneak up on Maul either, due to relatively advanced foresight, an advanced danger sense of his own ect.

Angelalex242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udd3DYiNut0

Don't remember which issue it's in...but hey, EvanNova's still useful.

19:08-19:45. Her actual force listings start at 18:40. 20:38 details force stun.

ILS
Evannova said it? Ah, well, shit. There goes my argument.

Mara wins.

Angelalex242
I don't own the Emperor's Hand books, but there's only so many novels that details her before Palpatine and Vader's demise. I think like, one or two of them.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
Evannova said it? Ah, well, shit. There goes my argument.

Mara wins.

laughing out loud

AncientPower
Forget Darth Vader, she can even hide from Darth Caedus:

While he could sense the layout, Mara had vanished from the Force again.

Source: Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice

WildBantha88
I kinda agree. Maul finds where his target is and goes on s slaughter spree. Hr isn't the kind of assassin that stealths in, kills one guy, and then stealths out leaving no trace behind. If Maul kills someone,everyone knows

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I kinda agree. Maul finds where his target is and goes on s slaughter spree. Hr isn't the kind of assassin that stealths in, kills one guy, and then stealths out leaving no trace behind. If Maul kills someone,everyone knows Why bother with hit and run tactics when you can just kill everyone?
Originally posted by AncientPower
Forget Darth Vader, she can even hide from Darth Caedus:

While he could sense the layout, Mara had vanished from the Force again.

Source: Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice Fair enough man. I would only question how often she actually uses this ability in combat, but yeah, she can certainly hide from Maul in the Force using this method.

Angelalex242
...this is why I need more friends with firsthand evidence.

Anyways, I kinda imagine the fight would start with Maul attacking Mara. Being a Juyo practioner, mainly, he's going to go after her like a crazy maniac while Mara defends with the 3 rings and Ataru.

Maul's a physical beast and overpowers her, so she has to disengage and start using the environment. She will quickly figure out trying to go toe to toe with Maul is stupid. Maul and Mara will both be collapsing the environment down on each other (they've both collapsed tunnels before) while Mara stays out of sight and of mind's sight.

The force duel probably won't get anywhere, even when she tries to Force Stun him to get an opening (He'll power through it.) So it comes down to stab him in the back.

Fated Xtasy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udd3DYiNut0

Don't remember which issue it's in...but hey, EvanNova's still useful.

19:08-19:45. Her actual force listings start at 18:40. 20:38 details force stun.

Not to crap on nova or anything, but he's screwed up with character feats before, he's said that Jaden Korr had tutaminis, when in fact it was his apprentice who did that. I wouldn't put much weight behind the words of the Vs youtube guys.

also, what do you mean when you say 3 rings user? just curious

NewGuy01
The three rings of defense.

Angelalex242
Yes. It's the NJO's Shii Cho upgrade, more or less. Composed of the Outer Ring, Middle Ring, and Inner ring.

AncientPower
Mara is very strong in the Force, Luke's seminal fluid couldn't have hurt her connection either.

Angelalex242
Carrying Ben in her womb probably helped more. Sex is great, Force Bonds are better, but carrying a child to term while simultaneously fighting off a Vong virus? That'll do it.

DARTH POWER
Maul has no known stealth talents. He's a pure fighter.

Really? I wonder how he kept the Sith's presence a secret right up until TPM then?

AncientPower
In Shadow Hunter he wasn't very good at hiding his presence from Darsha Assant.

ILS
In Shadow Hunter he wasn't very good at hiding his presence from Darsha Assant. Shaak Ti isn't very good at killing MagnaGuards either though tbf

Emperordmb
I fail to see what Shaak Ti has to do with this.

ILS
I fail to see how you missed my teasing.

Emperordmb
Teasing is such an innocent word.

DARTH POWER
In Shadow Hunter he wasn't very good at hiding his presence from Darsha Assant.

It's been a long time since I read that book, but I'm sure there's a scene where he's in a crowd but hiding his presence.

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
Shaak Ti isn't very good at killing MagnaGuards either though tbf
You just decreased my opinion of you considerably with that trolling.

Arhael
I normally would give it to Mara against Maul level opponent. But Maul has very versitile training, which makes him more prepared to her dirty fighting style. I say either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.