Kas'im vs. Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

ares834
Lol

Starkiller stomps.

carthage
up

ILS
Kas'im has fully mastered every lightsaber form tbh

carthage
IDK Galen beat Shaak Ti who is cunning, can beat hordes of Magnaguards (which Fisto can't do), and is a master of multiple lightsaber forms. Kas'im knows more forms that makes him better than Galen.

ILS
I wouldn't underestimate Galen he has "perfect" lightsaber skills which could be seen as better than having perfect understanding of all the Forms, since there are more ways to use a lightsaber than the seven forms. Plus MagnaGuards know all seven lightsaber forms. Shaak Ti punked both of them. Not to mention she is one of the most graceful and cunning Jedi of the Order, second only to the likes of Cin Drallig. For Force feats she has subjected an entire dark side planet to her light will while casually battering Galen, making her telepathy planet + level plus she nearly beat Vader, who is 80% of Sidious, despite the fact that they never fought it happened okay. Still though Galen did prevail in beating Shaak by letting himself get beat up by her and stabbing her sternum.

On the other hand Kas'im was beating the Sith'ari, a being of probably unlimited power and potential with a total and perfect mastery of the dark arts. And that was before Bane got old and decrepit and needed orbalisks to sustain his wrinkles.

It's a battle of true powerhouse deities that is truly hard to call. Could be a stalemate.

NewGuy01
Galen could probably take a sabers only.

appletonia
Galen does not take sabers. He might not even be able to take all-out.

FreshestSlice
Cool. Got any reasoning why he wouldn't be able to do either? And don't say because Kas'im can get the upperhand against his own student.

Selenial
Yeh... Galen literally shits on him.

Nephthys
Sabers - Kas'im
Force - SK
Allout - Starkiller in a good fight.

Badabing
I will be stepping in and dealing with these petty rivalries soon. The reports regarding a few people who can't seem to let things drop are becoming a problem. I suggest that people who like trolling others by bashing certain characters, or mocking opinions, take notice. I've spoken to some of you individually hoping that this nonsense ends, but it hasn't. My next step is 1 month temp bans to make myself very clear. I don't want to ban people but I will if some of you can't stop.

carthage
Neph and DMB are still trying to get people banned, really?

NewGuy01
Yeah.

carthage
A "Mocking opinion" isn't trolling, if that were the case Tempest, Ant, and everyone else who does a little trash talking or goading on would be banned. Its pretty sad that they want others gone that don't agree X character is better than Y, refuse to have a discussion, and have to try to silence other posters.

DarthAnt66
To be fair Carthage, you haven't been adding anything positive to the community lately. Same to you, ILS.

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
A "Mocking opinion" isn't trolling, if that were the case Tempest, Ant, and everyone else who does a little trash talking or goading on would be banned. Its pretty sad that they want others gone that don't agree X character is better than Y, refuse to have a discussion, and have to try to silence other posters.
thumb up

Anyways, Galen takes it due to being incredibly more powerful in the force.

Selenial

thumb up

Nephthys
There's a difference between a "mocking opinion" and sustained ridicule and harrassment.

carthage
You have me and other posters on your ignore list, there is no reason that you can't avoid posts that cross into similar threads. You can't accuse others of "harassing you" when people are simply posting in a public forum, you have the ignore tool so use it.

Also who is ridiculing who? You routinely bash Darth Malak and other characters, and lowball them yet no one has reported you for that behavior? Why the double standard when it involves Bane characters?.

Selenial
You have me and other posters on your ignore list, there is no reason that you can't avoid posts that cross into similar threads. You can't accuse others of "harassing you" when people are simply posting in a public forum, you have the ignore tool so use it.

Also who is ridiculing who? You routinely bash Darth Malak and other characters, and lowball them yet no one has reported you for that behavior? Why the double standard when it involves Bane characters?.

Quoted so Neph can see.

Also add Meetra into that list thumb up

Nephthys
I have him on ignore for a reason, Sel. Respect my wishes.

Selenial
Ok fine, "Was quoting to add Meetra to the list"

thumb up

Nephthys
I don't bash Meetra other than in that I think she was a poorly written character in Karpyshan's novel and was portrayed as rather unimpressive. As I've told you before I placed the Exile among the greatest Jedi ever in power. But the novel made me reevaluate things. That you're sore about that doesn't constitute lowballing and bashing.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't bash Meetra other than in that I think she was a poorly written character in Karpyshan's novel and was portrayed as rather unimpressive. As I've told you before I placed the Exile among the greatest Jedi ever in power. But the novel made me reevaluate things. That you're sore about that doesn't constitute lowballing and bashing.

Nah, you lowball her because if you accept the Nexus/Natheema argument then Nyriss, and by extension Vitiate get less hype. I'm on to you smokin'

*dons Tin foil hat*

Badabing
It's not merely 2 people, it's several people. It's not just reports, I've been getting PMs for weeks also. And it's not anyone trying to get people banned. It's people wanting relief from constant trolling. And to say somebody is trying to get anyone banned is a concession of guilt. So please either use the ignore function or stop the nonsense. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who beats who. Is that really worth a temp ban?

|King Joker|
Badabing slays.

appletonia
Neph and DMB and appletonia are still trying to get people banned, really?

Arhael
Force beast with nearly perfect lightsaber skill will trump any lightsaber instructor with mediocre potential.

carthage
Well said Arhael

appletonia
Given how large we now know the temple that Bane destroyed was, that Kas'im managed to block a small portion of his attack suggests that he was an extremely powerful Force-User. His technique also has a lot more going for it than vague hyperbole.

FreshestSlice
That's actually not what that means, and considering the Temple of the Ones has also been bombed in TOR, it's not really that far fetched to believe collapsing the archway wouldn't require much. And his technique has Bane going for it. And not even prime Bane.

carthage
Bane cant generate that level of destructive power on his own, and Kas'im likewise was amped by the potent Lehon nexus as well. Kas'im can probably keep Marek at bay by dueling him, but given that he got driven back by POD Bane who is less skilled than Galen- I find that questionable

Kas'im lacks off force feats to suggest he can block a similar attack from Marek

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Badabing
And it's not anyone trying to get people banned.

It kinda is. If you were on the other forums you'd see just how devoted some people are to doing so; especially concerning Cart. Though to be honest I had thought this had stopped, but it seems not.

Well, to be fair people have tried that, but sadly it turns out the ignore function is not quite as effective when put into play play as it is in theory.

appletonia
A link to how many times Carthage has used "Bane" and "nexus" in the same sentence:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&q=Bane+nexus+userid%3A146103&sortby=&sortorder=&pagenumber=8

That's practically once a day. And he only ever talks about nexuses to discredit Bane. I for one would be happy for Carthage to stay here, but if he doesn't slow down with this vendetta he has against Bane he has to go.

carthage
I cant help thats how Karpashyn wrote his feats, not sure how showing my previous posts affects the validity of my points. I can point out and provide evidence for the claims I make

Arhael
Originally posted by appletonia
Given how large we now know the temple that Bane destroyed was, that Kas'im managed to block a small portion of his attack suggests that he was an extremely powerful Force-User. His technique also has a lot more going for it than vague hyperbole.
Exactly. Blocking a small portion of anything is nothing impressive.

Nephthys
That small portion still had the power to shatter every bone in his body and pulverize his flesh into a mass of pulpy liquid.

appletonia
When you consider the sheer force the attack had, blocking a portion of the attack that encompassed his entire body is extremely impressive.

appletonia
Post the video of the temple from TOR Neph. The sheer depth of the temple was absolutely huge.

carthage
If only either of them could replicate those showings elsewhere

appletonia
That it happened on a nexus doesn't mean that it isn't a showing of power. There isn't a precedent for the idea that nexuses rapidly multiple a Force-User's powers, and with this case specifically Bane was hardly massively overwhlemed by how much more powerful he was at the temple. Any reasonable interpretation of the source material would suggest that he could replicate something comparable off nexus.

Nephthys
Especially considering he gets more powerful afterwards. This wasn't Bane at his best.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
Especially considering he gets more powerful afterwards. This wasn't Bane at his best.
Yeah, even a poisoned POD Bane's power is greater than any power the Huntress had ever seen or felt, and this was immediately after she looked back in time at the Sith Sorceress completely devastating Ambria and Thon containing the power of the Dark Side to Lake Nath.

Then the Huntress also marvels specifically at the power of Zannah's concealment spell wondering who could command such power, also right after seeing the Sith Sorceress devastate Ambria and Thon contain the dark side to Lake Nath. And a severely injured Bane without his orbalisks in ROT has the power to snap ROT Zannah's neck with a thought.

Even substantially far away from their primes and Bane and Zannah still have immense power.
thumb up thumb up thumb up

Nephthys
thumb up

FreshestSlice
You two can save the nexus arguments for later. I fail to see how establishing Zannah's power level has anything to do with Kas'im losing to Marek or not.

carthage
That it happened on a nexus doesn't mean that it isn't a showing of power. There isn't a precedent for the idea that nexuses rapidly multiple a Force-User's powers, and with this case specifically Bane was hardly massively overwhlemed by how much more powerful he was at the temple. Any reasonable interpretation of the source material would suggest that he could replicate something comparable off nexus.

I never denied it was a showing of power, only that Bane cant and never could reproduce it and that the nexus imbued him with additional power to accomplish it. Bane admitted to Lehon being a planet powerful in the darkside, as well as the additional power of the temple. Kas'im would've been amped by both energy sources, and none of them are present here - and he lacks showings in the force off of Lehon, to show he can withstand being ragdolled

For skill Kas'im has beaten no one other than an off panel brief mention of his master, whereas, Marek has beaten Kota, Paratus, and a nexus amped Shaak Ti. Marek is a better duelist than Kas'im

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
To be fair Carthage, you haven't been adding anything positive to the community lately. Same to you, ILS. Lol dude, that is rich. You are hellbent on humiliating people whenever you step into a debate with them. It's like your mission to have every poster on the internet at your feet fanboying over your Revan respect thread or whatever, and if they aren't doing that you're embarrassing them in front of the whole forum. One need only take a look at your post history on comic vine for a very potent example of what I'm talking about.

Also, lowballing characters isn't trolling. Nobody owns those characters on KMC and they don't get to decide what is said about them. If they are bothered by the posts of others the ignore function is always available.

carthage
Marek should still take sabers.

NewGuy01
While it's disheartening that this thread is just turning into another Bane circle jerk, it's good to see DMB being active and debating again rather than trolling in the Battle Bar.

Kas'im's technical bladework and mastery does eclipse Galen's to some degree or another, but he's still faced with the same problem he had with Bane--Galen is simply more powerful, and unlike Bane he isn't a stranger to dual blades.

carthage
Technicality didn't matter too much when he got driven back, obviously Bane had known his lightsaber form well- but for training for a few months it makes Kas'im look incompetent.

In terms of dueling Marek has the better showings in defeating Paratus, Kota, and a nexus amped Shaak Ti.

When it comes down to skill and dueling ability Marek has the better showings, and Kas'im is at best hype.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
While it's disheartening that this thread is just turning into another Bane circle jerk,
This thread was another one of several "let's piss on Darth Bane Trilogy characters as much as possible" discussions long before it turned into a "Bane circle jerk."

it's good to see DMB being active and debating againThanks

rather than trolling in the Battle Bar.
???

NewGuy01
Technical skill doesn't matter much.

I don't think so; though ironically in any other case, Neph would likely agree with you.

You've made my case for me. Bane was not only familiar with Kas'im's lightsaber style, but had specifically studied the workings of his weapon during his campaign against Siraak; and according to Kas'im the greatest advantage of the saber staff is the unfamiliarity of the weapon. Aside from that, the two were intimately familiar with one another's styles and tactics--obviously Bane being the faster and stronger of the two would tip the scales in his favor. Furthermore, at the end of the day, Kas'im beat Bane anyway.

appletonia
and he lacks showings in the force off of Lehon, to show he can withstand being ragdolled

He doesn't need showings in the force off of Lehon, he has one on Lehon, a mighty one at that, and one that you claim to not deny as a showing of power. That he cannot replicate the same feat off of Lehon does not mean that he in all likelihood cannot replicate something close.

Sinious
Damn Carthage why does everyone hate you here? Its not like you did something to cause that.

Stigma
If only either of them could replicate those showings elsewhere
thumb up

TBH even if Kas'im is a better duelist (I have my doubts), Marek sh*ts all over him in the force and all-out.

In the force it's not even funny erm Galen >>> Kas'im

Stigma
He doesn't need showings in the force off of Lehon, he has one on Lehon, a mighty one at that, and one that you claim to not deny as a showing of power. That he cannot replicate the same feat off of Lehon does not mean that he in all likelihood cannot replicate something close.
wut?

ChaosTheory123
Think the basic gist of the gibberish is that they're suggesting you're all overstating how massive a boost nexii give a given feat.

I think.

It's kind of almost 5 am and insomnia's doing me no favors with reading comprehension.

Stigma
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Think the basic gist of the gibberish is that they're suggesting you're all overstating how massive a boost nexii give a given feat.

I think.

It's kind of almost 5 am and insomnia's doing me no favors with reading comprehension.
I see.

Well, I think that the central issue is that nexuses do give a boost in power. How large is it is really a less important question.

ILS
There is still some merit to nexus feats. Like, Ahsoka Tano wouldn't be replicating Bane's Temple feat even if she had the same nexus. If one can figure out how much a nexus helps a feat, roughly speaking or precisely, and without bias, you can begin to quantify how powerful that character is. At least enough to say that Bane is > _______, even if you don't have his TK down to an exact number.

As it is now, we have one camp who devoutly pass Bane's nexus amplifications off as either negligible or nigh-negligible, and then there's the camp that refuses to see any merit in Bane's nexus feats because he was amped in any fashion. Neither interpretation works.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
There is still some merit to nexus feats. Like, Ahsoka Tano wouldn't be replicating Bane's Temple feat even if she had the same nexus. If one can figure out how much a nexus helps a feat, roughly speaking or precisely, and without bias, you can begin to quantify how powerful that character is. At least enough to say that Bane is > _______, even if you don't have his TK down to an exact number.

That actually isnt a bad way to look at it.

Perhaps a thread on nexus' would help find consensus on the matter and help people understand how much the nexus' boost a character or whether they should be taken into account or not unless the author states that the character was strengthened by it while pulling off a feat.

I thought you were amongst the latter?

ILS
I'm not even in a camp lol. I just find the Bane dies camp funny as hell.

Sinious
You participate way too much in the trolling that's been going on though. It affects your image badly. Just saying.

ILS
Image smimage.

Sinious
rhymes tbh

ILS
I get where you're coming from, doe. I think reducing my Bane dies activity by like 50% is a fair compromise tbh.

Sinious
Yeah, that would be a good start tbh.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
I get where you're coming from, doe. I think reducing my Bane dies activity by like 50% is a fair compromise tbh.
Incidently, 50% is roughly the numer of times Bane dies in a fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.