The Authority vs X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ruijina
Scarlet Witch
Nate Grey
Evan Sabah Nur
Avalanche

vs

Apollo
Midnighter
Freefall
swift
Engineer
Jenny Quantum
Jenny Sparks

speed-blitz is to no avail

DarkSaint85
X-men win. TPs.

riv6672
No idea.
Was thinking this'd be a more traditional X line up.

deathslash
Originally posted by riv6672
No idea.
Was thinking this'd be a more traditional X line up. if this was a traditional x-men lineup, the x-men would get curbstomped from the beginning.

Digi
Yeah, the lack of a telepath dooms the Authority here. Only MNer has natural defenses (and maybe Angie, but I'm unsure), and he's obviously not soloing this. They need the Doctor to counter a TP assault. Otherwise, Nate solos, or forces Quantum to solo.

It's a really, really odd weakness of not just the Authority but Jenny in particular. I can't think of another character at her power level with such a basic vulnerability. But the one character who could help isn't here. Sub out Jenny and sub in the Doctor and you have an Authority win. Otherwise, no chance.

Also, what is Freefall doing here?

riv6672
Originally posted by deathslash
if this was a traditional x-men lineup, the x-men would get curbstomped from the beginning.
Nah.
The only potential team wreckers in the OP are the Jens.
Freefall i'm not too familiar with but Apollo, Midnighter, Swift and Engineer? Hardly unbeatable juggernauts.

DarkSaint85
I think he meant, traditional in the sense of the classic five:

Beast, Iceman, Marvel GIrl, Cyclops, Angel.

riv6672
If he did, then yeah, but i meant the OP isnt a "real" line up. And thats fine; i just havent seen an Authority X Men thread that i can recall, so i was expecting something different.
No disrespect to Ruijina.

deathslash
Nah man. To me, the traditional x-men started with the wolverine, colossus, rouge, cyclops, etc team. If the doctor was in this fight, the x-men would get decimated.

Digi
Nah.
The only potential team wreckers in the OP are the Jens.
Freefall i'm not too familiar with but Apollo, Midnighter, Swift and Engineer? Hardly unbeatable juggernauts.

Jenny Sparks isn't a team-wrecker. Of the lineup posted, Angie is both the most powerful and most versatile outside of Quantum, whos's a legitmate Trans-level being, albeit with an embarrassing weak spot (tp)

Golgo13
No Doctor? Probably the X-Men.

riv6672
The Doctor's overrated.
Not in terms of power, but in what it takes to put him down.
Just saying.

Digi
The Doctor's overrated.
Not in terms of power, but in what it takes to put him down.
Just saying.

You're overrated.

But you're kinda right. If he doesn't form the right thought, he's human-level durability. Once he's in game mode, though, he can swallow suns and abort you from the timestream, among dozens of other haxx powers.

riv6672
Originally posted by Digi
You're overrated.
Nah.

But you're kinda right. If he doesn't form the right thought, he's human-level durability. Once he's in game mode, though, he can swallow suns and abort you from the timestream, among dozens of other haxx powers.
Agreed.
Just, people seem to forget the fine points there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.