Palpatine in the MCU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
So the Jedi of the PT era discover Palpatine's plot to take over the Republic and commit genocide against them. They manage to overpower & render him unconscious. With some help from their scientist friend Jor-El of the planet Krypton, they seal Palpatine inside the prison ship the Black Zero. He makes a couple of orbits around the galaxy, but along the way, the ship enters some kind of wormhole and enters...The Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Palpatine lands on MCU Earth with nothing but his lightsaber(Some dumb thing about not leaving a warrior without his weapon or something like that) just after the events of The Avengers.

Palpatine lands on Xandar with nothing but his lightsaber during Ronan The Accuser's invasion during Guardians of the Galaxy.

How does he do climbing the ladder of power and rebuilding his world/galactic domination schemes in these new worlds?

relentless1
Sidious slices n dices his way to the top, only Thanos would be able to kick his ass

StealthRanger
I'd say Odin could win, but he's featless

I'd say Thor is the weakest who could beat him at least

Psychotron
Assuming Sidious doesn't blitz him with his saber(s).

I thought this thread was about how far Palpatine could climb up the power ladder. I think he can easily rule a few worlds, more in time.

Dr Will Hatch
^ Yeah, this is more about how Palpatine would finagle his way into becoming President or the head of S.H.I.E.L.D/HYDRA, or something.

TheGrat1
If Obama can do it...

Psychotron
He already conquered a galaxy once, given enough time he can do it again.

Quincy
Obama isn't the head of Shield OR Hydra you dumb dumb. Those aren't real and Barnak Obamal is a real guy

relentless1
ah, well if you're talking about doing it behind the scenes Sith style as in the prequel ascension then yeah, he could become prez and take Earth over easy, would do the same to the rest of the galaxy as well

Time Immemorial
Jean Solos.

Werewolf582
Spiderman.

FrothByte
Palpatine has his force mind manipulation techniques which will definitely help him out. But I don't know, in this modern day where everything is about documents, identification cards, fingerprint scanners and tax numbers.... I'm not sure how far he can move up before creating a ruckus.

Psychotron
What? Are you implying modern day security is more advanced than in Star Wars?

Robtard
Palpatine schemes his way to the top and conquers the Galaxy

relentless1
you gotta think too; hed be probing for apprentices to do his dirty work for him, Ultron, Loki, Winter Soldier, Hulk, Abomination, Von Strucker (and HYDRA by extension)...all potential pawns he can use to his own ends.

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
Palpatine has his force mind manipulation techniques which will definitely help him out. But I don't know, in this modern day where everything is about documents, identification cards, fingerprint scanners and tax numbers.... I'm not sure how far he can move up before creating a ruckus.

True, without any form of ID or knowledge about the planet, he'd likely be on Shield's radar within a day.

Robtard
Nah, he'd singlehandedly save Xandar and be elected to be the new Nova-Prime within the week

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
What? Are you implying modern day security is more advanced than in Star Wars?

Considering that we didn't see that much identity security in the Star Wars universe.... then yeah.

Psychotron
Sure, that's what the prequels needed, focus on identity security and shit. The fact is that Star Wars is far more advanced than out world, and if someone who turns into a green rage monster undetected can move around Earth so can Palps.

FrothByte
Sure, that's what the prequels needed, focus on identity security and shit. The fact is that Star Wars is far more advanced than out world, and if someone who turns into a green rage monster undetected can move around Earth so can Palps.

Yeah but Hulk isn't trying to run for senate. If Palpatine wants to dip his hands in politics he'll have everyone trying to do background checks on him.

Just because a civilization is more advanced technologically doesn't mean that they have the same trust issues we do or the same documenting system we have. Besides, Palpatine grew up in that world. He probably had legitimate papers already.

TheVaultDweller
"These are not the droids you are looking for"

Yeah, Star Wars security was top notch.

Seriously though. the thing with the MCU is that it really depends when it happens. If you sent Sidious back in the 40s, for example, I think he'd have been able to take over without too much trouble. I think people in the MCU are a lot more alert to these kinds of threats now, so he will have a much harder time taking control of anything.

StealthRanger
Wait, people are doubting SW has advanced security, in a verse where you have ships that can go from one side of the galaxy to the other, have starship weapons that outrank Earth's entire nuclear arsenal with every shot, have reactors that can generate more energy in 24 hours than the sun can every 7000 years, build 100 mile long/wide constructs in a few years with their industrial prowess....

....yet people are questioning security? Pretty sure such age old myths were destroyed at SDN, but can't be assed to look up

Silent Master

Did you even watch the Avengers? Because Black Widow flat out told Banner that Shield knew where he was the whole time, so he was hardly moving around undetected.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Wait, people are doubting SW has advanced security, in a verse where you have ships that can go from one side of the galaxy to the other, have starship weapons that outrank Earth's entire nuclear arsenal with every shot, have reactors that can generate more energy in 24 hours than the sun can every 7000 years, build 100 mile long/wide constructs in a few years with their industrial prowess....

....yet people are questioning security? Pretty sure such age old myths were destroyed at SDN, but can't be assed to look up

Well, I personally was joking. But you do have to admit, a lot of things in Star Wars have plot-induced security/safety flaws *cough*deathstar*cough*.

Difference between MCU and Star Wars for Sidious is resources. He was on his own playing field with minions etc. backing him. Dropping him with just his saber in the MCU is going to mean that, before he can take over anything, he has to figure out where he is and how things work.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, I personally was joking. But you do have to admit, a lot of things in Star Wars have plot-induced security/safety flaws *cough*deathstar*cough*.

Difference between MCU and Star Wars for Sidious is resources. He was on his own playing field with minions etc. backing him. Dropping him with just his saber in the MCU is going to mean that, before he can take over anything, he has to figure out where he is and how things work.

Wasn't quite referring to your post but I suppose

I was personally treating this thread as more of a gauntlet myself, though Sith are quite stealthy, Sidious did start out as some schmuck from Naboo and worked his way into the Senate and became Chancellor and turned it into his own empire, after puppeteering both sides in a galactic scale civil war

Placidity
I think Palpatine could take over MCU Earth.

Through scheming, and another version of Order 66, sort of like Hydra infiltrating the government and SHIELD. But he would do it better.

Also Palpatine is not limited to his own natural powers. In this universe, there are items and other ways to achieve greater power.

StealthRanger
Certainly depends on how he plays his cards yeah

Wouldn't surprise me if he used something like an infinity gem to power a superweapon of his, but that'd be bordering on a fanfiction thread so, yeah

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yeah but Hulk isn't trying to run for senate. If Palpatine wants to dip his hands in politics he'll have everyone trying to do background checks on him.

Just because a civilization is more advanced technologically doesn't mean that they have the same trust issues we do or the same documenting system we have. Besides, Palpatine grew up in that world. He probably had legitimate papers already.

I don't see why Palpatine couldn't just get some fake papers, and anyone who gets too suspicious of him will get mind raped.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Did you even watch the Avengers? Because Black Widow flat out told Banner that Shield knew where he was the whole time, so he was hardly moving around undetected.

I try to forget it.

relentless1
could you imagine Sids with Hulk as his slave? or Loki as an apprentice? this dude could seriously wreck shit in the MCU

Psychotron
Originally posted by relentless1
could you imagine Sids with Hulk as his slave? or Loki as an apprentice? this dude could seriously wreck shit in the MCU

Jedi mind tricks would be extremely potent on Hulk.

TheGrat1
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^ Yeah, this is more about how Palpatine would finagle his way into becoming President or the head of S.H.I.E.L.D/HYDRA, or something.

Originally posted by TheGrat1
If Obama can do it...

Originally posted by Quincy
Obama isn't the head of Shield OR Hydra you dumb dumb. Those aren't real and Barnak Obamal is a real guy

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--4LdGVENP--/18xlqejxkapb9gif.gif

Robtard
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
"These are not the droids you are looking for"

Yeah, Star Wars security was top notch.

Seriously though. the thing with the MCU is that it really depends when it happens. If you sent Sidious back in the 40s, for example, I think he'd have been able to take over without too much trouble. I think people in the MCU are a lot more alert to these kinds of threats now, so he will have a much harder time taking control of anything.

That was Obi using the Jedi Mind Trick, not the Stormtroopers being morons

Here's a Stormtrooper being a moron:

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/starwars-new-hope/clumsy-trooper.gif

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard

He's just a little tall for a Storm trooper.

Mindset
Marvel rapes him in his butt, you phucking nerds. facepalm

meep-meep
Jean Grey destroys the shit out of him.

relentless1
jean grey isn't a part of the MCU

meep-meep
Your right. My mistake. Loki in the destroyer armor could possibly end him.

relentless1
lightsaber cuts through the Destroyer like butter

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
lightsaber cuts through the Destroyer like butter

Like it cut through those blast doors like butter?

Psychotron
Palpatine Jedi mind tricks the Hulk into fighting the Destroyer.

TheVaultDweller

Oh I know it was a mind trick. I was just kidding. stick out tongue

And lol at the pic. Guess he was trying to use his head more.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Silent Master
Like it cut through those blast doors like butter?

Because it did

Derp

RJ 2.0
Palpatine wins because I am a rabid SW fanboy and I cannot be reasoned with.

The_Tempest
Palpatine schemes his way to the top and conquers the Galaxy

thumb up

The only real obstacle for Palps would be the people he couldn't co-opt and would have to kill {like the Jedi in the SW films}. Doubt he'd be able to pull a successful Order 66 against the likes of Thanos.

Psychotron
Originally posted by The_Tempest
thumb up

The only real obstacle for Palps would be the people he couldn't co-opt and would have to kill {like the Jedi in the SW films}. Doubt he'd be able to pull a successful Order 66 against the likes of Thanos.

Thanos is pretty featless right now, and his constant failures through his lackeys make him look downright incompetent. I mean he gave a stone to Loki and he lost it, and Ronan just flat out told him to f*ck off after Thanos foolishly allowed him to get an infinity stone. I can easily see Sidious tricking Thanos into entrusting a stone to him, then backstabbing him and assembling the gauntlet himself.

The_Tempest
Perhaps. There's no question that Palpatine is leagues beyond anyone we've seen in the MCU with respect to cunning and patience, I just question what he'll do when confronted by someone too entrenched for him to manipulate and be forced to kill. I suppose if he's unable to best Thanos in a fair fight {which is probable, given that Thanos is "the most powerful being in the galaxy"} he could arrange for his death in other ways.

Psychotron
Sidious can build up his forces, collects some artifacts, etc. Also, we don't know how durable movie Thanos is, Sidious' combination of speed, precog, and lightsabers could prove devastating.

Mindset
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Palpatine wins because I am a rabid SW fanboy and I cannot be reasoned with. laughing out loud

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Mindset
laughing out loud Serious answer? I don't know enough about the MCU to speculate.

relentless1
again though in regards to Sidious being forced to get involved physically, thats why he has apprentices and the MCU is loaded with powerful people that would be great apprentices for him, wether or not he dupes them through partnership like Dooku or outright enslaves them like Vader, bottom line is, he's not one to get his hands dirty if he doesnt want to, he will have plenty of minions to do that sort of stuff for him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.