Thor vs Abomination

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermutant
After Thor the Dark World, Loki frees Abomination from prison, in return Abomination agrees to kill Thor. Abomination kidnaps Jane Foster and places her in an abandon military base while waiting for Thor. Using trickery Loki is able to teleport Mjolnir to the Chitauir homeworld for the duration of this battle. Can Thor defeat Abomination and save Jane or will he die trying?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130520172401/thor/images/f/f4/Thor_Vs_Hulk.gif

vs

http://puppsfreestuff.com/files/HulkGameAbominationGrabThroat10fLG.gif

Psychotron
I think this thread has been done before. Anyway, Abomination is > baseline Hulk who is => Thor. Abom takes this if Thor brawls with him.

danielgamer
Thor can only win against someone at level of the Hulk or against the Hulk himself, if he uses the Mjolnir. The Avengers movie makes it clear that physically hulk is stronger than Thor.

So Abo > Base Hulk

Abomination has a good chance of winning against Thor in a physical fight.

FrothByte
Unlike Hulk, Abom actually has decent h2h skill. I feel like Thor would have a harder time with Abom than Hulk.

Of course as always, Thor can probably still win it as long as he fights smart like he did with Destroyer. Avoid h2h altogether and just use his other powers.

Robtard
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/GFO106/Untitled.png

Any question?

juggerman
laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Unlike Hulk, Abom actually has decent h2h skill. I feel like Thor would have a harder time with Abom than Hulk.

Of course as always, Thor can probably still win it as long as he fights smart like he did with Destroyer. Avoid h2h altogether and just use his other powers.

People love to use the destroyer feat as fighting smart. They never consider the destroyer was built by them and he prolly knew how to destroy it.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Robtard

Any question?

LOL

TH3_V01D
Of course as always, Thor can probably still win.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111211851/4333069-thor.gif

danielgamer
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111211851/4333069-thor.gif

I hope Joss Whedon gives Thor a better treatment in Age of Ultron, because only in the first Thor film is that Thor had feats of quality.

relentless1
bommy would shitkick movie Thor, he can actually think in battle unlike dumbass Hulk, hes stronger than Hulk )til he amped up) and Thor had alot of trouble with Hulks strength. So Blonsky being smarter and stronger than Hulk, id say nets him the win here.

Silent Master
The fact that the OP has to handicap one side pretty much tells you who would win a straight up fight.

Psychotron
Not Thor.

FrothByte
I missed the handicap. Thor can't win without Mjolnir.

TheVaultDweller
In a pure H2H brawl Abomination would utterly wreck Thor.

Arachnid1
Without Mjolnir, Thor gets trashed.

Inhuman
Heroes that have vulnerability are far more interesting than gods that can level a city fighting and not be injured in the slightest.

carver9
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Without Mjolnir, Thor gets trashed.

relentless1
with Mjolnir Thor gets beat, I recall him trying to use the hammer in his fight with Hulk and it didn't help him out any

Psychotron
He got one good shot in but the whole fight was awful, anyway.

TH3_V01D
l

FrothByte
Originally posted by relentless1
with Mjolnir Thor gets beat, I recall him trying to use the hammer in his fight with Hulk and it didn't help him out any

Actually he landed a punch and a knee without mjolnir, as well as ducked and blocked Hulk's punches. Hulk on the other hand landed 1 punch which was a cheapshot and did 2 bodyslams. Not exactly as bad as you make it seem.

Psychotron
Hulk already seemed to have a strength edge on Thor and Blonsky is >> freshly transformed Hulk. And he is far more skilled in H2H than Hulk is.

Robtard
Blonsky was stronger than baseline 2008 Hulk, but by the time of The Avengers Banner learned some new tricks and baseline Hulk is WAY stronger. ie the Leviathan Punch scene

Psychotron
Blonsky was stronger than baseline 2008 Hulk, but by the time of The Avengers Banner learned some new tricks and baseline Hulk is WAY stronger. ie the Leviathan Punch scene

There's no proof Hulk was amped between IH and Avengers.

Silent Master
So you're just ignoring that Avengers Hulk has better feats?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by relentless1
with Mjolnir Thor gets beat, I recall him trying to use the hammer in his fight with Hulk and it didn't help him out any He used the hammer for one hit that entire fight. That one hit almost KOed Hulk. Another hit would have likely ended the fight. On top of that, it was in an enclosed area without flight, weather manipulation, or electric blasts. Thor with the hammer against Hulk or Abom is almost stomp.

Hell, even before the hammer he was dominating the fight. Thats mostly attributed to Hulks lack of fighting skill.

Abom doesn't have that problem.

Silent Master
People tend to forget that Thor was trying to talk sense into the Hulk and when that didn't work, to subdue him, at no point was Thor actually trying to injure/kill the Hulk during that fight.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Silent Master
So you're just ignoring that Avengers Hulk has better feats?

Are you ignoring that they're the same character?

He used the hammer for one hit that entire fight. That one hit almost KOed Hulk. Another hit would have likely ended the fight. On top of that, it was in an enclosed area without flight, weather manipulation, or electric blasts. Thor with the hammer against Hulk or Abom is almost stomp.

Hell, even before the hammer he was dominating the fight. Thats mostly attributed to Hulks lack of fighting skill.

Abom doesn't have that problem.

Dominnating the fight? Thor's punches didn't do shit to Hulk while a single punch from Hulk sent Thor flying and drew blood from him.

FrothByte
Thor's punch turned Hulk 360... that's not something to be dismissed. Plus, that was an out of control Hulk that Thor fought. So I doubt that that was baseline Hulk.

I still think Abom wins h2h, but it definitely won't be a stomp.

Psychotron
It's not like regular Hulk is in control. He's a raging behemoth either way.

theTANTALIZER
Wait..how is Hulk greater than Thor. Thor has absorbed Hulk's hits and walks off no bruises. MLJONIR is the factor.

Originally posted by Psychotron
I think this thread has been done before. Anyway, Abomination is > baseline Hulk who is => Thor. Abom takes this if Thor brawls with him.

FrothByte
It's not like regular Hulk is in control. He's a raging behemoth either way.

Hulk in IH and in the last fight in the Avengers was able to differentiate friend from foe. Unlike the Hulk that Thor fought.

meep-meep

Any question?

laughing

carver9
Lol...Thor hits did nothing to the Hulk. He tanked a full hammer hit to the face without a scratch. Thor then knees Hulk when Hulk tries to pick up the hammer and it did nothing. Nobody is saying Thor can't budge Hulk but his licks did absolutely nothing. By the time we see them again, Thor is getting slung, thrown through tables, tossed across the room. He couldn't do a thing. Now Hulk fought dumb in that battle. Compare that to what we saw from Abomination, a tactical fighter, Thor gets killed here, worse than his showing against Kurse. Crazy thing is a boulder throw from Kurse damaged Thor whereas a full hammer hit from Thor did nothing to the Hulk. Also lol at someone saying that hammer hit almost koed Hulk. Just stop.

Silent Master
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Thor hits did nothing to the Hulk.

LOL!!!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! confused laughing laughing Happy Dance big grin

carver9
Show me his hits doing something.

Silent Master
Show me his hits doing something.

Maybe if you watched the movie you'd know that Thor sent the Hulk flying into a plane.

carver9
That's why I said "no one is saying Thor can not move Hulk, because he can but his licks did absolutely nothing at all to the Hulk". Thor is strong enough to budge or even toss Hulk just like Loki was strong enough to parlay with Thor...doesn't mean that he caused damage while doing this. As shown, Hulk was unfazed. Not even a scratch. There's a difference between moving someone and causing then harm.

Silent Master
You're sounding more biased than abhi right now.

Robtard
There's no proof Hulk was amped between IH and Avengers.

I for one saw a large power and control increase between Hulk 2008 and Avengers 2012, seemed to me Banner learned a lot about the Hulk in those 4 years.

Like being able to transform at will, having the power to one-shot a massive armoured alien ship from the get-go and keeping enough control he can work as a team

Psychotron
I for one saw a large power and control increase between Hulk 2008 and Avengers 2012, seemed to me Banner learned a lot about the Hulk in those 4 years.

Like being able to transform at will, having the power to one-shot a massive armoured alien ship from the get-go and keeping enough control he can work as a team

He was kind of in control in IH as Froth mentioned. He was fighting Abom and protecting the chopper. So there isn't that much of a difference between the two versions on that level. The reason we didn't see Hulk throw any Leviathan-busting punches in IH is becuase he didn't face anything like that, he just fought some regular military guys and equipment, then Abomination. So because they are the same character and because no amp was shown or mentioned there is no reason to assume Avengers Hulk is stronger than IH Hulk.

Arachnid1
Lol...Thor hits did nothing to the Hulk. He tanked a full hammer hit to the face without a scratch. Thor then knees Hulk when Hulk tries to pick up the hammer and it did nothing. Nobody is saying Thor can't budge Hulk but his licks did absolutely nothing. By the time we see them again, Thor is getting slung, thrown through tables, tossed across the room. He couldn't do a thing. Now Hulk fought dumb in that battle. Compare that to what we saw from Abomination, a tactical fighter, Thor gets killed here, worse than his showing against Kurse. Crazy thing is a boulder throw from Kurse damaged Thor whereas a full hammer hit from Thor did nothing to the Hulk. Also lol at someone saying that hammer hit almost koed Hulk. Just stop. You need to rewatch that fight. Thors hammer did almost KO Hulk. That was pretty clear from the vacant look on Hulks face for a couple of seconds before he came to his senses.

And Hulk throwing Thor across the room did literally nothing to Thor. Thor made Hulk look like a child for the majority of that fight, and that was him mostly holding back.

And lol at Abom being worse than Kurse. Kurse is on another level from this entire group.

Psychotron
Come on now, Hulk was most definitely not "almost KOed", he was a little stunned but that's about it.

Arachnid1
Come on now, Hulk was most definitely not "almost KOed", he was a little stunned but that's about it. He looked pretty out of it laying back on the jet with his eyes closed for a bit. Then he gets up to his stunned/slightly cognitive phase and proceeds to pull himself together to get back to brawling. It was the same as his fight with Abom. The first hit from Abom had also almost completely done him in. Another hit of the hammer would have ended everything, and with the way Thor was bobbing and weaving, and dominating before that, he should have had no problems getting more hits with the hammer. Instead, he tries to subdue the Hulk more peacefully by just choking him with it for a bit, and then completely ditches it (for some reason) for the short remainder of the confrontation. That was massive levels of CIS.

Silent Master
It's more PIS as Thor was clearly smart enough to use his powers in a fight, as seen in the majority of his other fights.

Werewolf582
Abom stomps.

FrothByte
Not sure about getting KO'd, but that Mjolnir shot on Hulk definitely rocked him good. I don't think Hulk can take repeated blows from Mjolnir in much the same way Thor can't take repeated blows from Hulk.

Psychotron
He looked pretty out of it laying back on the jet with his eyes closed for a bit. Then he gets up to his stunned/slightly cognitive phase and proceeds to pull himself together to get back to brawling. It was the same as his fight with Abom. The first hit from Abom had also almost completely done him in. Another hit of the hammer would have ended everything, and with the way Thor was bobbing and weaving, and dominating before that, he should have had no problems getting more hits with the hammer. Instead, he tries to subdue the Hulk more peacefully by just choking him with it for a bit, and then completely ditches it (for some reason) for the short remainder of the confrontation. That was massive levels of CIS.

Not a good comparison, Hulk could barely stand after the initial collision between him and Abomination, but he got up and went on the offensive almost immediately after Thor's hit.

carver9
You need to rewatch that fight. Thors hammer did almost KO Hulk. That was pretty clear from the vacant look on Hulks face for a couple of seconds before he came to his senses.

And Hulk throwing Thor across the room did literally nothing to Thor. Thor made Hulk look like a child for the majority of that fight, and that was him mostly holding back.

And lol at Abom being worse than Kurse. Kurse is on another level from this entire group.

He got right back up after that i hit. Majority of Thor hits came from when he was doing other things than slapping Thor around. His main hit came when he hit Hulk with that uppercut that Hulk shrugged off.

Thor throws Mjlonir, Hulk grabs it. Hulk then tries to pick it up. While Hulk isn't paying attention to Thor, Thor jumps over and knees him and then tries to choke him. Hulk then puts all of his attention towards Thor and toss him everywhere.

Silent Master
No one is saying Hulk can not move Thor, because he can but almost all of his licks did absolutely nothing at all to Thor, The Hulk is strong enough to budge or even toss Thor, doesn't mean that he caused damage while doing this. As shown, Thor was only slightly injured once. There's a difference between moving someone and causing then harm.

FrothByte
Not a good comparison, Hulk could barely stand after the initial collision between him and Abomination, but he got up and went on the offensive almost immediately after Thor's hit.

And Thor also got back up and went on the offensive after Hulk hit him. And as has been repeated over and over, the Hulk that Thor fought was in a more uncontrolled rage.

Besides, I don't hold to any illusions that Thor is as strong as Abom. Just saying that multiple hits from Mjolnir looks like it will definitely KO if not outright kill Hulk.

FrothByte
He got right back up after that i hit. Majority of Thor hits came from when he was doing other things than slapping Thor around. His main hit came when he hit Hulk with that uppercut that Hulk shrugged off.

Thor throws Mjlonir, Hulk grabs it. Hulk then tries to pick it up. While Hulk isn't paying attention to Thor, Thor jumps over and knees him and then tries to choke him. Hulk then puts all of his attention towards Thor and toss him everywhere.

Hulk didn't just "shrug off" Thor's hits. Hulks hits to Thor did roughly the same amount of damage as Thor's hits did to him. Meaning, they both hurt each other but not enough to put the other down.

Psychotron
And Thor also got back up and went on the offensive after Hulk hit him. And as has been repeated over and over, the Hulk that Thor fought was in a more uncontrolled rage.

Besides, I don't hold to any illusions that Thor is as strong as Abom. Just saying that multiple hits from Mjolnir looks like it will definitely KO if not outright kill Hulk.

I never said Thor didn't hurt Hulk, just that he didn't "almost KO" him. I hold Thor and Hulk as equals, or near equals, however, Abom is >> Hulk. At the start anyway.

carver9
Hulk didn't just "shrug off" Thor's hits. Hulks hits to Thor did roughly the same amount of damage as Thor's hits did to him. Meaning, they both hurt each other but not enough to put the other down.

Thor has a nose bleed. That fight could have gone numerous of ways for the Hulk during the end. He chose to toss Thor around instead. Also, Hulk was more pissed against Abomination than he was against Thor. This isn't a fight, at all. It's a massacre. Abomination "tanked" punches to the face from Hulk. Thor on his best day wouldn't do anything close to that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.