Team Brick vs Team God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
MOS, Zod, Hancock, and Thor vs Kronos, Kraken, Zeus, and Poseidon (COTT/WOTT)
Bloodlusted deathmatch in Manhattan
No PIS/CIS
Who takes this?

Time Immemorial
Manhatten

Lestov16
That is where the fight takes place, yes.....

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
That is where the fight takes place, yes.....

Lol
My bad, bricks win

Psychotron
Shouldn't Thor be on the god team? Anyway, bricks win.

relentless1
Bricks win and for the umpteenth time, Thor is not a god

meep-meep
The God's seem to be more around Thor and Loki's level. The Kraken, however, was supposed to pretty destructively uber. I'm not sure about this one.

relentless1
Supes could take out the Kraken

Angelalex242
I agree Thor should be on the other team. But then, it's the Kryptonians doing the work in this match, so Team Brick wins.

relentless1
Thor is NOT a god, Asgardians are no more gods than Kryptonians are

KingD19
Originally posted by relentless1
Thor is NOT a god, Asgardians are no more gods than Kryptonians are

His race has spouted an entire belief system that lasted an incredibly long time and still has people that actively practice. He's a God for all intents and purposes. He's in the exact same position as Hades and Zeus. A being of higher existence than normal people.

Psychotron
But Thor isn't powered by faith, and his powers aren't divine or magic.

relentless1
he may be perceived as a god but he's not, the fact that theres a lot of beings in the marvel universe that are of a higher strength and power level than the Asgardians proves my point, Galactus, Thanos, the Living Tribunal etc etc people from Asgard are aliens that are mistaken for gods by earthlings, nothing more.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
His race has spouted an entire belief system that lasted an incredibly long time and still has people that actively practice. He's a God for all intents and purposes. He's in the exact same position as Hades and Zeus. A being of higher existence than normal people.

Lol Hades and Zeus were gods..not Thor.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KingD19
His race has spouted an entire belief system that lasted an incredibly long time and still has people that actively practice. He's a God for all intents and purposes. He's in the exact same position as Hades and Zeus. A being of higher existence than normal people. Agreed. The dudes even referred to as a god in literally every Marvel film he's popped up in. Sure, hes not your typical reality bending god, but Thor from old Norse mythology wasn't either. Theres different interpretations of gods in different religions. Anyone can deny those religions all they like, but they'd still be wrong.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed. The dudes even referred to as a god in literally every Marvel film he's popped up in. Sure, hes not your typical reality bending god, but Thor from old Norse mythology wasn't either. Theres different interpretations of gods in different religions. Anyone can deny those religions all they like, but they'd still be wrong.

But didn't Odin pretty much demote all of the Asgardians in the "Dark World" flick? We find out that not only are they not gods but they're not even immortal.

Psychotron
He did, he directly says they're not gods.

relentless1
they're not gods buddy, deal with it...advanced aliens, nothing more.

Werewolf582
Team Bricks babyshake.

Silent Master
Team Thor(god of thunder) wins.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Silent Master
Team Thor(god of thunder) wins.

Lol Thor is the least powerful person on his team.

Silent Master
He's also the one with the most exp fighting superpowered beings. According to your logic, guys like Cap and Batman should never be a team leader for the Avengers or JLA.

Psychotron
He's also the one with the most exp fighting superpowered beings. According to your logic, guys like Cap and Batman should never be a team leader for the Avengers or JLA.

If you ask me they shouldn't even be on the team.

Superman and Zod have enough experience fighting super powered beings, it's not like Thor fights enemies of this caliber every day, he usually fights scrubs.

Silent Master
The MOS crew have a couple of fights between them of facing superpowered beings, Thor has been fighting and training with superpowered beings his entire life.

Psychotron
The MOS crew have a couple of fights between them of facing superpowered beings, Thor has been fighting and training with superpowered beings his entire life.

The Giants and Thor's crew are low superhuman. And his experience didn't seem to help him against Hulk.

Silent Master
Thor wasn't trying to hurt/kill the Hulk, plus he was on the helicarrier surrounded by humans so he wasn't able to use most of his powers.

Fact remains, Thor has far more exp fighting superhumans which was my point.

relentless1
he may have more experience fighting high powered beings but he doesn't fare too well against them, unlike Superman who took out three Kryptonians his first day on the job

Psychotron
he may have more experience fighting high powered beings but he doesn't fare too well against them, unlike Superman who took out three Kryptonians his first day on the job

Bingo.

Silent Master

Tell that to the dozens of Frost Giants he beat a few minutes into his first movie.

Time Immemorial
Ok well Thor is on team brick so Thor wins.

meep-meep
Tell that to the dozens of Frost Giants he beat a few minutes into his first movie.

Those frost giants weren't that impressive though.

Silent Master
Originally posted by meep-meep
Those frost giants weren't that impressive though.

Remember the one that head-butted Thor, it certainly looked to effect him far more than Iron-man's and the other Asgardians seemed to have some trouble with them. Thor was just that good.

KingD19
Thor one-shotted Frost Giants left and right, yet he had an extended fight with Iron Man.

Silent Master
An amped Iron-man.

KingD19
An amped Iron-man.

He didn't one-shot him before he hit him with lightning. A single hammer throw plowed through at least half a dozen frost giants. He cracked Tony in the chest and did some damage, but not enough to slow him down.

As for the amp, it amped his power reserves and his repulsors, and that seemed to be it. His armor didn't suddenly get more capable of taking a beating.

Silent Master
You're assuming both throws were of the same strength, besides taking hits better is durability not strength.

KingD19
You're assuming both throws were of the same strength, besides taking hits better is durability not strength.

Tony definitely seemed to have pissed him off enough for the throws to be of comparable strength if not equal. But the hammer didn't punch a hole through Tony and a bunch of people behind him. It just knocked him down. And from the whole feel of the fight, Thor was clearly read to f*ck his shit up. He was ready to kill both Cap and Tony at the end.

Durability is what I was talking about. Tony was durable enough to take an extended beating from Thor, while he was one-shotting Frost giants. It doesn't make sense to assume Frost Giants who were clearly fodder are on the same level.

Silent Master
When Thor actually had enough he sent Iron-man flying with a headbutt(which dented the armor) and was crushing Tony's armor with his bare hands...based on that I don't think he threw the hammer with anything approaching the same strength in the two fights.

relentless1
the frost Giants were cannon fodder, even their leader was killed easily by Loki so no, I don't think that Thor taking a bunch of them out is a great feat at all

Silent Master
Killed by Loki using Odin's spear and even then it took two blasts.

KingD19
When Thor actually had enough he sent Iron-man flying with a headbutt(which dented the armor) and was crushing Tony's armor with his bare hands...based on that I don't think he threw the hammer with anything approaching the same strength in the two fights.

So you're saying because Iron Man put up a bit of a fight before Thor beat him down and the Frost Giants didn't...Thor used different amounts of force in their fight?

Silent Master
I'm saying that based on Thor being able to easily crush Iron-man's armor with his bare hands, that Thor was clearly not hitting Tony with anywhere close to his full strength when using Mjolnir.

KingD19
I'm saying that based on Thor being able to easily crush Iron-man's armor with his bare hands, that Thor was clearly not hitting Tony with anywhere close to his full strength when using Mjolnir.

But he was using his full strength against Frost Giants who Sif and Fandral were one-shotting?

Silent Master
Considering they'd been enemies with the FGs for at least a 1000 years and the FG just invaded his home, I see no reason for him to be going easy on them.

KingD19
Considering they'd been enemies with the FGs for at least a 1000 years and the FG just invaded his home, I see no reason for him to be going easy on them.

Considering Tony insulted him and Thor is incredibly prideful. As well as Tony threatening to take his brother and the tesseract. And Tony attacking first and clearly showing he was ready to brawl. I see no reason for Thor to have gone easy on Tony either.

Silent Master
You mean except for the part where Thor says that he has no quarrel with Tony and that Thor clearly wasn't using his full strength during the fight?

KingD19
You mean except for the part where Thor says that he has no quarrel with Tony and that Thor clearly wasn't using his full strength during the fight?

Wasn't that before Tony kicked him in the face and started talking trash? I believe it was. Because when Tony called Thor a tourist, he snuck him with the hammer. As for not using his full strength, he wound up and grunted before chucking the hammer the first time. And he fully expected his lightning to seriously hurt or kill Tony, as he was pretty surprised when all it did was amp him. Hell he was fully ready to murder Captain America as soon as he showed up. He did one of the hardest hammer smashes I've seen in all 3 movies he's been in on a guy who was trying to stop the fighting.

Psychotron
Yeah, that's true. Thor had no way of knowing that Captain America's shield could tank that blow. He was trying to turn him into paste.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
Yeah, that's true. Thor had no way of knowing that Captain America's shield could tank that blow. He was trying to turn him into paste.

He also snuck Tony again and did a Hulk smash move. While Steve was talking, he backhanded him with Mjolnir pretty hard. Doesn't seem like a guy holding back to me.

Psychotron
He was clearly pissed.

meep-meep
Remember the one that head-butted Thor, it certainly looked to effect him far more than Iron-man's and the other Asgardians seemed to have some trouble with them. Thor was just that good.

Ill have to watch that again. Im not convinced that a single head butting frost giant or an amped IM would do anything to the Kraken, though. It was a tidal wave of destruction.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.