Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul & Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Vader as of Return of the Jedi.

Maul as of The Phantom Menace.
Asajj as of The Clone Wars Season 5.

Battle takes place on Hypori.

WildBantha88
Vader

NewGuy01
Team 8-9/10.

Nephthys
Team

Trocity
Vader could win if he abused force powers to get rid of Asajj right away but the team will win more often than not.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Trocity
Vader could win if he abused force powers to get rid of Asajj right away but the team will win more often than not. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

ILS
Vader could win if he abused force powers to get rid of Asajj right away but the team will win more often than not.

Angelalex242
Yes. To win, Vader's gotta punk Ventress FAST. Maul is challenging enough that Vader has to 'hate himself enough to win.'

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Yes. To win, Vader's gotta punk Ventress FAST. Maul is challenging enough that Vader has to 'hate himself enough to win.'

To a far from prime Vader, not sure that would still apply as of ROTJ when he became more powerful/skilled.

ares834
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Vader

Board Walker
ROTJ Vader kills both of them the second the round starts via the force, every time he will simply TK Crush the two of them to death.

Selenial
TPM Maul? :/

Pretty even.

carthage
Vader dies

Angelalex242
Lord Vader finds their lack of faith disturbing.

NewGuy01
Oh, it's TPM Maul?

Team still wins, tbh, but it's closer.

AncientPower
ROTJ Vader kills Ventress with TK and then defeats Maul soundly.

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
ROTJ Vader kills Ventress with TK and then defeats Maul soundly. What if we replaced Maul with Exar Kun and Ventress with Shaak Ti?

Board Walker
Vader is likely going to kill Ventress at the start of the match every time, leaving Maul to fight him in a 1v1. Vader takes this match up like 8/10

ILS
Since when does Vader just "kill" high calibre Force sensitives at the beginning of a fight? People are wanking the shit out of him in this thread for reasons that elude me entirely.

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
What if we replaced Maul with Exar Kun and Ventress with Shaak Ti?
Ventress is either KO'd or killed because she has been dealt the same by Dooku and Fay, both of whom prime Darth Vader is superior to.

Pre-ANH Vader was able to choke out Starkiller among many other Jedi consistently.

TCW Anakin could choke out Ventress as well let us not forget.

So ROTJ Vader taking out Ventress via TK, whom let us not forget has been TK'd by Ahsoka Tano and a number of Jedi Masters all inferior to Vader by increasingly large degrees is actually quite likely.

TPM Maul is inferior to Vader by a considerable margin in combative applications of the Force. Meanwhile Vader's lightsaber skill is more experienced and refined.

Though yes Maul is touted as one of the most skilled swordsman of all time, Vader is touted as the greatest Jedi killer ever.

The Vader that defeats 'Maul' via impaling himself is far from prime Vader.

Prime Vader wins with medium difficulty.

Trying to call me out on some kind of bias will not work.

ILS
laughing out loud
For the briefest moment.
And Ventress could likewise choke him out big grin
laughing out loud
He's behind in raw power, not application of power. And yes Vader is theoretically more skilled than Maul slightly.

How is this a slight against Maul? He wasn't released by Sidious on a "kill all the younglings" parade erm

I don't remember mentioning Resurrection.

laughing out loud
I wasn't. I just wanted to see how you think the fight would pan out with those two warriors. Did my question upset you?

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
laughing out loud
For the briefest moment.
And Ventress could likewise choke him out big grin
laughing out loud
He's behind in raw power, not application of power. And yes Vader is theoretically more skilled than Maul slightly.

How is this a slight against Maul? He wasn't released by Sidious on a "kill all the younglings" parade erm

I don't remember mentioning Resurrection.

laughing out loud
I wasn't. I just wanted to see how you think the fight would pan out with those two warriors. Did my question upset you?

Laughing at an argument and defeating it are two very different things.

You're ignoring the dozens of other Jedi he's demonstratively able to do the same to.

With Force Rage amplification yes, point being a far weaker version of the same character has displayed the ability to use said power on said opponent with little effort.

Vader's telekinetic displays in combat are superior to any of those displayed by any Maul incarnations.

Yet his record against Jedi Masters is a consistent showing of dominance over characters such as Cin Drallig, Kento Marek and more.

Shaak Ti is outmatched severely but this is irrelevant because Kun can take Vader by himself.

Indeed, however I was simply waiting for someone to bring it up.

ILS
Shaak Ti is outmatched severely Alright, thank you, that is all I needed. You may proceed.

McP
Ventress is either KO'd or killed because she has been dealt the same by Dooku and Fay, both of whom prime Darth Vader is superior to.

Pre-ANH Vader was able to choke out Starkiller among many other Jedi consistently.

TCW Anakin could choke out Ventress as well let us not forget.

So ROTJ Vader taking out Ventress via TK, whom let us not forget has been TK'd by Ahsoka Tano and a number of Jedi Masters all inferior to Vader by increasingly large degrees is actually quite likely.

I disagree. Vader would be able to choke out Ventress in 1v1 duel. But here, he has to split his concentration between them both, and if he will try this, it's quite possbile, that Maul will be able to catch him off guard.
In TCW S5 deleted scenes, Sidious left his guard when he started to attack brothers with FL. And Maul catched him off guard. Opress catched Dooku off guard, when he focused all of his attention to Ventress. Ventress catched Anakin and Obi-Wan off guard. Dooku was able to catch Kenobi off-guard mostly because he thrown him off-balance after bladelock.
With all of his skills, Vader is not Force's demigod like Sidious and Yoda. In fact, with all of his powers, he's closer to Dooku then to Sidious. Vader still has some chances, I agree with that:

Nephthys
Originally posted by McP
I disagree. Vader would be able to choke out Ventress in 1v1 duel. But here, he has to split his concentration between them both, and if he will try this, it's quite possbile, that Maul will be able to catch him off guard.

thumb up

Similar to how Dooku could force pwn both Ventress and Savage, yet fighting both of them was still tough for him.

AncientPower
Vader has consistently fought groups of enemies including Force Users and employed Force Choke to thin numbers.

Do remember that he has employed telekinesis whilst dueling others consistently.

ILS
Vader has consistently fought groups of enemies including Force Users and employed Force Choke to thin numbers.

Do remember that he has employed telekinesis whilst dueling others consistently. That's true but then Exar Kun rarely if ever uses telekinesis in real serious combat duels like Vodo and Ulic, so.

AncientPower
Exar Kun and Darth Vader have very little in common concerning combat style.

ILS
True, Vader just seems better because he actually uses his cool powers in fights unlike Kun who just hits things hard.

AncientPower
Exar Kun does use his powers but when he has a point to prove he relies solely on his saber. To be fair he is by far the best lightsaber practitioner of his era.

However you are right, Kun's ego gets in the way of his force-stomping others.

McP

Do remember that he has employed telekinesis whilst dueling others consistently.

Against who? Kento Marek? Tsui Choi? Well, Dooku used combined TK and FL against Ventress and two others nightsisters, but he catched them off-guard as well.
Well, only few jedi with considerable skills survived the Clone Wars. For example, Dark Woman. She was inferior to both, Ventress and Maul, and Vader couldn't defeat her easily.

carthage
Kun really does suffer from lack of Tk showings, yet on he flipside both Sith prefer to duel things out. The same for Vader's lack of showings regarding applying TK kiddo bat can apply equally

AncientPower
Originally posted by McP
Against who? Kento Marek? Tsui Choi? Well, Dooku used combined TK and FL against Ventress and two others nightsisters, but he catched them off-guard as well.
Well, only few jedi with considerable skills survived the Clone Wars. For example, Dark Woman. She was inferior to both, Ventress and Maul, and Vader couldn't defeat her easily.

Remember Kessel? That was one of Vader's weakest incarnations.

This is prime Vader whom is comparatively more skilled, patient and powerful.

NewGuy01
Vader isn't particularly good at facing multiple opponents, largely because of his reduced mobility and how his fighting style is geared. Kessel is actually evidence of this, rather than vice versa. Obviously he can and has defeated groups of much weaker opponents, but he won't fare well against two opponents that are similar to him in strength.

AncientPower
Kessel is evidence that even a Vader blinded by rage and still retooling his combat style can hold off 8 Jedi Knights and kill four of them.

Vader became far more efficient and focused by even ANH.

Ventress has been choked out by Anakin Skywalker and rendered helpless, a far more powerful Vader can do the same, only killing her this time.

Then it becomes Vader vs Maul.

McP
On Kessel, Vader fought a group of really pathetic Jedi. Only Bultar Swan and Tsiu Choi had some level of skill.
Even Ventress could fought many Jedi at once (she was overhelming three of them as I remember in Jedi: Mace Windu). And she was toying with them.
Vader caught master Choi completely off guard, and Bulat was killed by her fellow jedi. Vader would be dead if not clones' aid.

Anakin wouldn't be able to choke Ventress that easily, if she wouldn't be unarmed. She had to use all of her focus, to evade Anakin's blows. It's much easier to catch someone off-guard in that kind of situation.

And one last thing, Vader choked Choi, when he tried to run, and no other Jedi were able to attack him at that moment.

carthage
I don't think it'd be that hard, he's sent her smashing through a wall on Yavin in spite of being oppressed by the darkside energies there, is vastly more powerful than she is, etc. She isn't that far behind him in skill and adding another high tier duelist like Maul and Vader's done for.

zEniX
Neither Maul nor Ventress have enough force knowledge to defend against powerful Sith so this goes to Vader without too much difficulty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.