Wedge vs. Yoda (Piloting)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
Wedge is probably the greatest non force sensitive pilot there is. Can the Force somehow save Yoda from Wedge's badass piloting skills?

Let's find out.

Wedge and Yoda both fly whatever ship they like best (most likely an X-wing in Wedge's case.)

Battle takes place in deep space.

Angelalex242
No comments on whether the Force is sufficient to overcome terrible natural piloting skills?

And here I wanted to prove Wedge awesome.

Zenwolf
So why not put him against an actual pilot who has feats, rather than make a spite match?

Angelalex242
Because it's not Spite. Yoda's power in the Force is so ridiculous it may actually overcome a really good pilot. Yoda can't expect to shoot Wedge down, but he might grab Wedge's X Wing with the Force. We do know he's rather good at moving X wings. Just ask episode 5 Luke :P

Zenwolf
It is spite, because Yoda isn't really much of a pilot.

Angelalex242
That's why it's fair. It's the best non force sensitive pilot against the most powerful force sensitive not known at all for piloting skills.

The force is his ally, and a powerful ally it is...

Anyways, you seem to think Wedge LOLstomps the Grand Master, who is unable to compensate for lack of skill with the Force.

Q99
I'd agree on the Wedge conclusion. He's better than many highly-trained force sensitive pilots like Corran Horn. Being more force sensitive only helps so much if one simply isn't as good with piloting skills or space tactics.

There's a few Jedi pilots that could give him a fight, but Yoda isn't one of them.

Angelalex242
Battle Meditation doesn't help Yoda at all? He does have that (and would rely on it heavily)

Not withstanding the chance of simply blowing up an X wing with the force. Which Yoda can totally do.

Q99
No. That's mainly used for assisting/coordinating others, no so useful in a one on one, and that kind of boost still doesn't overcome the various gaps.

Tiin'd be a better matchup, being the order's second best pilot. Tsui and Galli are certainly more dangerous dogfighters as well.

carthage
Going down in flames I am, about to be blown to pieces will I be

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Angelalex242
It's the best non force sensitive pilot

The best? Urm hello... Ever heard the name Han Solo... Or Lando Calrissian.. Or even Dash Rendar..

ILS
Porkins would be a more suitable opponent for Yoda.

Q99
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The best? Urm hello... Ever heard the name Han Solo... Or Lando Calrissian.. Or even Dash Rendar..

There is the matter that none of those are fighter pilots, and even fudging for that, I'd only put Han in a similar league.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99
There is the matter that none of those are fighter pilots, and even fudging for that, I'd only put Han in a similar league.

Lando states Han is the best Star Pilot in the Galaxy in DE.

Sure that's Lando's opinion, but I have no real reason to doubt it. Just because Han pilots the fastest ship, doesn't mean he wouldn't be just as capable a fighter pilot.

Besides no one in the thread has stated the fight takes place in any specific type of fighter. Just who's the better pilot in a combat situation.

Q99
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Sure that's Lando's opinion, but I have no real reason to doubt it. Just because Han pilots the fastest ship, doesn't mean he wouldn't be just as capable a fighter pilot.

It does mean his reflexes are used to an entirely different type of craft.

Put Wedge in the Falcon and no way could he match Han, but likewise in reverse.

What craft matters. Like, out of Rogue Squadron, Tycho is the closest match to Wedge... as long as he's in an A-wing or similar light-fast type fighter. When they were both in slower fighters, he doesn't perform so well because it's not what he's used to/best at.

Han is almost certainly the best medium craft pilot in the galaxy.

Well, in this case, it's Yoda. Doesn't really matter what craft they're in, Wedge is better. Be it fighter, medium craft, or capital ship.

carthage
So is it pronounced We-dge or Wedgie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.