Count Dooku vs TPM Maul/Agen Kolar (sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Zabrak Sex god team vs Old man

Battle takes place on neutral ground

Trocity
Team

Angelalex242
Dooku Makashis them to death.

Unless Kolar is in god mode for some reason :P

Trocity
I'd side with the Count if it was all out, he could get rid of Kolar with the force. Sabers only though they have him beat for a majority.

Stigma
Dooku.

ILS
Originally posted by Stigma
Dooku. dies

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
dies
of old age

ILS
of old age after Maul and Agen leave him for dead.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
after Maul and Agen leave him for dead.
only for Dooku to regain his strength, kill them both and live out his old days in peace.

ILS
Dude, Dooku isn't beating them both at the same time without TK/lightning.

Stigma
or is he?

ILS
nah

Stigma
or maybe ... yah

ILS
Why would he be able to?

Stigma
Because he's better than both of them combined?

ILS
Rofl.

Either would be a challenge alone.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
Rofl.
^ Incidently that's what the good Count thinks at the idea that these guys can take him down in a saber contest.

Originally posted by ILS
Either would be a challenge alone.
Perhaps.

ILS
Maul has been credited as being one the best Sith duelists in history in multiple sources, and has eclipsed a duo containing one of the most skilled Jedi in the history of the Order (Complete Encyclopedia) alongside his padawan who was approaching his level of skill.

Kolar is credited as being one of the most skilled Jedi during a time filled with excellent duelists, and has curbstomped a solid duelist in Quinlan Vos in a matter of moves.

Either alone would be a challenge. Together they are too much.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
Maul has been credited as being one the best Sith duelists in history in multiple sources, and has eclipsed a duo containing one of the most skilled Jedi in the history of the Order (Complete Encyclopedia) alongside his padawan who was approaching his level of skill.
thumb up
Originally posted by ILS
Kolar is credited as being one of the most skilled Jedi during a time filled with excellent duelists, and has curbstomped a solid duelist in Quinlan Vos in a matter of moves.
thumb up
Originally posted by ILS
Either alone would be a challenge. .
Perhaps.
Originally posted by ILS
Together they are too much.
or are they?

ILS
or are they? Maybe you should tell me, hombre.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
Maybe you should tell me, hombre.
Perhaps I will, amigo.

ILS
...I take it you're joking, right?

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
...I take it you're joking, right?
Perhaps... or am I?

I do think the count has a very decent chance to take them both down via sabers. Agen is essentially < Kenobi while TPM Maul is most probably < Anakin.
By the end of CW Dooku was stalemating the Jedi duo (basically also in sabers), he can take a slim majority in this fight IMHO.

ILS
Dooku has never conclusively stalemated the Kenobi/Skywalker duo, in fact fighting them together heavily strains him. He's never shown himself capable of defeating someone as skilled and physically formidable as Maul alongside someone as skilled as Agen, with just his blade.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
Dooku has never conclusively stalemated the Kenobi/Skywalker duo, in fact fighting them together heavily strains him.
I'm not sure what you mean here? As in the duel was inconclusive meaning that neither the duo nor Dooku could overcome one another?

Note also that Dooku can be tired but not defeated.

Originally posted by ILS
He's never shown himself capable of defeating someone as skilled and physically formidable as Maul alongside someone as skilled as Agen, with just his blade.
Anakin is most probably more physically powerful than TPM Maul. He also has has vastly superior force reserves to boost his strengh/stamina.

Kenobi is probably > Agen.

Bottom line is: Dooku can essentially stalemate Anakin/Kenobi duo, thus he can take a slim majority against a lesser duo.

ILS
As in their duels have never finished, therefore there's no proof that Dooku did anything beyond holding them off for length of time that he did. Using your logic, Savage Opress "stalemated" Anakin and Kenobi.

He was running out of steam, quickly. In RotS he needed Kenobi out of the picture if he wanted any chance of winning.
Well, Maul can operate at peak capacity for a sufficient amount of time but that's besides the point - I wasn't saying Maul is as good as Anakin. I was saying that Dooku has never conclusively beaten a duo containing someone as physically powerful and skilled as Maul, using only his blade.
I mean, probably slightly, but considering Dooku can only ever defeat Kenobi, when Anakin is present, with the Force, I fail to see how that even matters.
Except he can't stalemate that duo - he would lose to them every time. He doesn't have any other feats to suggest he can pull off what you're suggesting.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
As in their duels have never finished, therefore there's no proof that Dooku did anything beyond holding them off for length of time that he did.
Likewise there is no indication that they would definitely beat him, or vice versa. Thus we have to work with what we've got.
from what I gather, it was more or less a stalemate.

Originally posted by ILS
Using your logic, Savage Opress "stalemated" Anakin and Kenobi.
Well, he kinda did. He also ragdolled him. But we know that Savage was blodlusted/amped by rage at that point.

Originally posted by ILS
He was running out of steam, quickly. In RotS he needed Kenobi out of the picture if he wanted any chance of winning.
In RotS Anakin is "twice as powerful" as he was the last time he and Count fought.

Originally posted by ILS
Well, Maul can operate at peak capacity for a sufficient amount of time but that's besides the point - I wasn't saying Maul is as good as Anakin. I was saying that Dooku has never conclusively beaten a duo containing someone as physically powerful and skilled as Maul, using only his blade.
Fair enough.

Yet, Dooku was never conclusively beaten by CW Anakin/Obi, a duo with someone more powerful physically than Maul and someone better than Kolar.

Originally posted by ILS
I mean, probably slightly, but considering Dooku can only ever defeat Kenobi, when Anakin is present, with the Force, I fail to see how that even matters.
I believe their last fight in CW series showed that Dooku can clearly hold his own agaisnt Anakin/Obi. I watched it quite a while ago, though.

Originally posted by ILS
Except he can't stalemate that duo - he would lose to them every time. He doesn't have any other feats to suggest he can pull off what you're suggesting.
We never saw them outduel him, though. He was defeated by Anakin, sure. But it was Anakin twice as powerful as in CW by his own admission.

ILS
And at this point we enter the realm of speculation.
The point is, Savage would lose in a straight duel to either Kenobi or Anakin, so even though he can give them both bother at the same time in an inconclusive bout, doesn't mean he's their equal. Same goes with Dooku, except we know he would at least outduel Kenobi by himself in a tough fight. Inconclusive bout =/= stalemate.

For another example, Anakin has held off Dooku and Ventress simultaneously in a comic. I doubt you would consider him their combined equal.
Unreliable hyperbole, and also that quote is referring to the AotC duel, since TCW didn't even exist at that point.
That's just because Dooku is very skilled, and because the fights didn't last long enough for him to lose. Don't get me wrong, he'd make a real go of the fight in this thread. I just can't see him winning against two high calibre duelists like this.
He can hold his own, he just can't win.

Because the duel was inconclusive - it was evident that he would end up losing rapidly if he didn't remove Kenobi from the equation. And again, Anakin was referring to his AotC self. He couldn't have possibly doubled in power between TCW and RotS, so even if you took the quote to be referring to that point in time it'd be inaccurate hyperbole.

Angelalex242
Dooku's low stamina is an issue only if Kolar can last long enough to make it one. He might get Makashied to death before he can do much about it.

Once it's one on one, Dooku's got it.

Stigma
Quoted only this part to keep it shorter.
Originally posted by ILS
He can hold his own, he just can't win.

Precisely. Dooku can hold his on against a more powerful team (CW Skywalker and Kenobi), thus, conceivably, he should be able to edge out a win against a less powerful team (TPM Maul and Kolar).

ILS
Precisely. Dooku can hold his on against a more powerful team (CW Skywalker and Kenobi), thus, conceivably, he should be able to edge out a win against a less powerful team (TPM Maul and Kolar). So how does losing against a superior team warrant indisputably winning against a team that isn't far off of them at all?

Stigma
I don't recall Dooku losing against CW Kenobi/Skywalker.

ILS
That would be the inevitable conclusion.

Stigma
Eh, perhaps we can conclude at that.

McP
Dooku with difficulty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.