Hercules Vs DCnu Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep or BFR. Central Park. Start distance 20 paces.

carver9
Martian takes this via TP. In a full fledged fight without TP, he will 'probably' win but he will remember the fight.

Golgo13
The Martian.

riv6672
Mars attacks...

relentless1
Martian easy, way too many powers other than strength, he will overwhelm Herc

celeyhyga17
TP wins.

Even without tp he can take a majority.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Too many powers, MM wins 9/10.

leonidas
mm wins this easily in any number of ways.

carver9
He will not win it easily but he will win.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
mm wins this easily in any number of ways.

riv6672
Good deal.
Overwhelming.

krisblaze
Bit too much for Hercules, yeah...

Maybe if he had some more esoteric nonsense like Superman, CB or Thor, where his godly essence does whatever or he "grabs energy", but as far as I know there's very little of that smile

DarkSaint85
MM wins this quite convincingly.

Mindset
Herc combo to ko.

riv6672
Would you guys say Hercules is the stronger of the two, at least?

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
Would you guys say Hercules is the stronger of the two, at least?
I wouldn't even say that sad

leonidas
he was stronger than pre dcnu mm. current? probably not...

riv6672
Huh. Big upgrade for MM. Cool.

carver9
He did assist in pushing that ship that dwarfed Earth. Fought the JLA to a standstill...etc, etc... Herc has better fts though. They are about even strength wise. I would give Herc the edge durability wise.

riv6672
That probably wont be a popular opinion, but i could agree with that.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by carver9
He did assist in pushing that ship that dwarfed Earth. Fought the JLA to a standstill...etc, etc... Herc has better fts though. They are about even strength wise. I would give Herc the edge durability wise.
What feats?

riv6672
Given that MU characters generally dont defy physics like DC characters do, and MMs best feats are likely to involve flight, speed, shape shifting, things Herc cant do, instead of just being braced/grounded, i'd say i agree with the "even" theory.
Of course, my answer is likely not going to satisfy you.
I'm sure there are some respect threads floating around the net you could find, though.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
What feats?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111138490/4210802-5842699379-wtFv7.jpg

The many fts Herc have puts his average above MM.

Prof. T.C McAbe
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111138490/4210802-5842699379-wtFv7.jpg

The many fts Herc have puts his average above MM.

Many feats? Show me another one, I know this one, so show me a differen't one pls.

Stoic
Herc need an upgrade. Zeus should fashion him armor to improve his versatility. He's just the Thing with far greater strength. Speaking of Ben... Reed is so smart, and yet he's allowed Ben to remain a brick. SMH.

DarkSaint85
You DO know they're pretending, right? To hold up the heavens? Look at Atlas. He's just holding his arms out, the liar. Biggest con in mythology.

'Ooooh, these heavens are SOOO heavy, damn, you guys will all have to do shit for me now.'

leonidas
problems with that feat are multiple: (1) unquantifiable (2) he was doing it without strain when other feats required far greater effort (3) atlas has been able to do it for MILLENNIA, which also detracts some from the feat (4) 'heavens' has never been adequately defined, and may be as much a metaphorical 'weight' as a physical weight.

that said, herc is the best so, yeah--infinitely heavy works for me. thumb up

riv6672
problems with that feat are multiple: (1) unquantifiable (2) he was doing it without strain when other feats required far greater effort (3) atlas has been able to do it for MILLENNIA, which also detracts some from the feat (4) 'heavens' has never been adequately defined, and may be as much a metaphorical 'weight' as a physical weight.

that said, herc is the best so, yeah--infinitely heavy works for me. thumb up
Haha thumb up

Mindset

that said, herc is the best so, yeah--infinitely heavy works for me. thumb up Atlas is a Titan, one of the guys that were a threat to the gods, he could be a skyfather level character.

krisblaze
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You DO know they're pretending, right? To hold up the heavens? Look at Atlas. He's just holding his arms out, the liar. Biggest con in mythology.

'Ooooh, these heavens are SOOO heavy, damn, you guys will all have to do shit for me now.'

The REAL long con.

carver9
Many feats? Show me another one, I know this one, so show me a differen't one pls.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54353/2180368-hercules___holding_manhattan_together.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54353/2180368-hercules___holding_manhattan_together.jpg

This is better than the Brainiac ship feat? confused

carver9
This is better than the Brainiac ship feat? confused

I said he have 'more fts to rely on' than Martian and he does. You only have on showing for Martian to cling to, Hercules has a lots of them. Now do you get it?

Prof. T.C McAbe
I said he have 'more fts to rely on' than Martian and he does. You only have on showing for Martian to cling to, Hercules has a lost of them. Now do you get it?

No, I want to see more high end feats, that are better than this ship feat.

krisblaze
He has 2? Both of which are lesser than Martian's one....

Obviously Herc has MORE feats when he's been around 40 years.

That doesn't mean that he has a better average....

carver9

laughing out loud

I already showed you Herc lifting up the heavens. That poops on your ft. I want to see more fts from Martian that is better than Hercs Heavens ft. Also, that wasn't a pure strength ft from Martian. More of a flight/pushing ft.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
Atlas is a Titan, one of the guys that were a threat to the gods, he could be a skyfather level character.
laughing

Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing out loud

I already showed you Herc lifting up the heavens. That poops on your ft. I want to see more fts from Martian that is better than Hercs Heavens ft. Also, that wasn't a pure strength ft from Martian. More of a flight/pushing ft.

The feat is ambiguous but I agree it was an Universe lifting feat, the best strength feat of a Marvel char I ever saw. ^^

Still it was his only and best feat, he has nothing else. Still Herc is the strongest char from Marvel by feats. thumb up

carver9
The feat is ambiguous but I agree it was an Universe lifting feat, the best strength feat of a Marvel char I ever saw. ^^

Still it was his only and best feat, he has nothing else. Still Herc is the strongest char from Marvel by feats. thumb up

Gotcha. So you admit Martian Manhunter is weaker physically than Herc?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Gotcha. So you admit Martian Manhunter is weaker physically than Herc?

So you agree that Hercules has the best strength feat of all Earth based heroes?

riv6672
So basically you're going to low ball any feat Carver provides, and keep comparing them to one MM feat. A feat Herc would likely duplicate if he too could fly.
I'm no professor, but understand this.stick out tongue

carver9
So you agree that Hercules has the best strength feat of all Earth based heroes?

This battle isn't Hercules vs Marvel. This is Herc vs Martian Manhunter. Do you agree that MM is weaker than Herc?

carver9
So basically you're going to low ball any feat Carver provides, and keep comparing them to one MM feat. A feat Herc would likely duplicate if he too could fly.

thumb up

That's exactly what he is doing.

Mindset
Originally posted by zopzop
laughing ?

relentless1
MM strength is comparable to Superman, how is that weaker than Hercules??

zopzop
?
The Greek gods have had some humiliating showings in Marvel.

Zeus himself was captured by Cyclopses until Herc and Thing saved him.

Typhon had their entire pantheon on the run till Zeus manned up after some goading from Athena and beat him. Judging from his appearances in Incredible Hercules, Tyhphon was a joke, so that makes the Greek pantheon fleeing from him look weak and pathetic.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Wrong, I am asking for impressive feats from Hercules, I know them mostly and am just curious if Carver knows something I don't. You might have noticed that I never made a statement who is stronger, only that Hercules has the best strength feat of all Earths Marvel Heroes, be it Thor or Hulk. He was talking about "many feats" that are better so I asked nicely.

It is interesting to see you jump in in such a manner. It makes sense though and made mom laugh, so thanks for that.

This battle isn't Hercules vs Marvel. This is Herc vs Martian Manhunter. Do you agree that MM is weaker than Herc?

I agree that Hercules is the strongest Marvel Hero by feats. thumb up

riv6672
Wrong, I am asking for impressive feats from Hercules, I know them mostly and am just curious if Carver knows something I don't. You might have noticed that I never made a statement who is stronger, only that Hercules has the best strength feat of all Earths Marvel Heroes, be it Thor or Hulk. He was talking about "many feats" that are better so I asked nicely.

It is interesting to see you jump in in such a manner. It makes sense though and made mom laugh, so thanks for that.

I agree that Hercules is the strongest Marvel Hero by feats. thumb up

You passively aggressively low balling Herc, and the MU is admirably done, Professor.
I still stand by my earlier point of Herc's feats having to be looked at in a slightly different light due to basic differences in MU/DC power portrayals and MMs additional powers.
Also, i wouldnt presume to opine on your mon's sense of humor. Not even sure where that came from on your part.

Prof. T.C McAbe
You passively aggressively low balling Herc, and the MU is admirably done, Professor.
I still stand by my earlier point of Herc's feats having to be looked at in a slightly different light due to basic differences in MU/DC power portrayals and MMs additional powers.
Also, i wouldnt presume to opine on your mon's sense of humor. Not even sure where that came from on your part.

I don't lowball him. You maybe missed a thread where I placed him on the level of Thor, Superman and Hulk?

As for this fight, as stated Hercules can't win, not because of his strength but because of all the powers MM has.

Don't worry, everything is fine.

deathlife
MM wins this

riv6672
I don't lowball him. You maybe missed a thread where I placed him on the level of Thor, Superman and Hulk?

As for this fight, as stated Hercules can't win, not because of his strength but because of all the powers MM has.

Don't worry, everything is fine.

I dont read, or follow you, from thread to thread, so thats quite possible.

I dont really worry about debates on message boards, at least not to what seems to be your level.

And, i agree about MM, IF he got the win, would do so due to his varied power set, not sheer strength.
I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your message boards frighten and confuse me, but i can agree with: Herc stronger. MM more varied power set.

celeyhyga17
Not really

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Not really

Celey, got a question for you about a ft that I'm sure you are aware of. Let me know whenever you're free and I will PM it to you.

celeyhyga17
Celey, got a question for you about a ft that I'm sure you are aware of. Let me know whenever you're free and I will PM it to you. hit me

Mindset
Originally posted by zopzop
The Greek gods have had some humiliating showings in Marvel.

Zeus himself was captured by Cyclopses until Herc and Thing saved him.

Typhon had their entire pantheon on the run till Zeus manned up after some goading from Athena and beat him. Judging from his appearances in Incredible Hercules, Tyhphon was a joke, so that makes the Greek pantheon fleeing from him look weak and pathetic. Cool, Zeus is a skyfather though. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
I dont read, or follow you, from thread to thread, so thats quite possible.

I dont really worry about debates on message boards, at least not to what seems to be your level.

And, i agree about MM, IF he got the win, would do so due to his varied power set, not sheer strength.
I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your message boards frighten and confuse me, but i can agree with: Herc stronger. MM more varied power set.

That's ok.

Cute.

Why the bitterness, seriously, take it to a PM and we can discuss it in a civil manner. My offer is honest, my hand open and if you have a Problem wen can talk about it.

carver9
I think we should keep the bitterness here so that we can see it. smile

Mindset
I think we should keep the bitterness here so that we can see it. smile thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think we should keep the bitterness here so that we can see it. smile

You thrive on the suffering of riv? Cruel, Carver, really cruel, I would never expect something like this from you.

Mindset
Carver is pure evil.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Carver is pure evil.

The devil comes often in the most innocent of forms...

relentless1
Carver is pure evil.

...a necessary evil...

riv6672
And the professor is a necessary straight man. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.