Autobots vs. Arachnids (Starship Troopers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khazra Reborn
Let's say the humans fail on Klemdathu, in their stead the Autobots touchdown, and have to clear out the entire planet. All of the human bases are left, but they are abandoned, the Autobots get no support from the humans of any kind.

Can they do it?

Autobots:

Optimus Prime
Hound
Bumblebee
Drift
Ratchet
Crosshairs
Iron Hide

RJ 2.0
Prime solos if he can fly here.

Khazra Reborn
Let's keep it interesting, no flight.

IIRC, there's a few flying Bugs though, yes?

RJ 2.0
Yes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

IIRC, there's a few flying Bugs though, yes?

yeah to decapitate heads...fleshy heads.

Robtard
Let's say the humans fail on Klemdathu, in their stead the Autobots touchdown, and have to clear out the entire planet. All of the human bases are left, but they are abandoned, the Autobots get no support from the humans of any kind.

Can they do it?

Autobots:

Optimus Prime
Hound
Bumblebee
Drift
Ratchet
Crosshairs
Iron Hide

I find your premise that J. Rico would lose preposterous.

But your ridiculous premise aside, the Autobots do it.

BruceSkywalker
Autobots do not have a problem.. but Prime or Bumblebee solo

RJ 2.0
Lol no. Not while they are groundbound.

Kazenji
Actually Yes, Clown.

Khazra Reborn
There's millions of bugs, I don't think two Autobots would cut it. What if the brain bug just tells the whole planet to swarm? IMO the Autobots would have to play it really smart to pull it off.

KingD19
There's millions of bugs, I don't think two Autobots would cut it. What if the brain bug just tells the whole planet to swarm? IMO the Autobots would have to play it really smart to pull it off.

Couldn't they take out the brain bug, causing pandemonium in the rest of the bugs and just kill them while they're flipping out?

Khazra Reborn
^Sure. But they have no idea that the bugs are controlled by one central intelligence.

Robtard
I don't recall any of the Autobots running out of ammo, especially the energy based weapons, missiles/explosives might be different. So they could in theory find a tactical position, form a defensive circle and just unload all their goodness on the bug swarm for as long as it takes

KingD19
They were running out of ammo in the end of Age of Extinction. Or at least Hound was since he had a minigun that wasn't connected to him so it wasn't self-reloading. But they had to use a lot more ammo against single opponents than they would on the bugs.

Also they "eat" raw materials to repair themselves and reload. So all they need to do is chomp some metal or rocks lying around and instant retrofit.

Kazenji
I'm failing to see how even these bugs have a chance against giant robots

i guess that's KMC for ya.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually Yes, Clown.

AHHH Damn! laughing laughing laughing

Time Immemorial

I agree with you

Kazenji
Also are we using the terrible sequels for this verses or just the first movie for Starship Troopers?

if so for only for the first movie, The only bug that might possibly be a threat is bug with the flamethrower ability.

Placidity

Autobots take it, but the bugs definitely DO have the ability to harm them, especially the ones that can shoot plasma.

if so for only for the first movie, The only bug that might possibly be a threat is bug with the flamethrower ability.

Plasma bug can shoot down a star ship in outer space with one blast.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Placidity
especially the ones that can shoot plasma.

Those were only for stopping the Army from landing on the planet if i recall.

Originally posted by Placidity

Plasma bug can shoot down a star ship in outer space with one blast.

Except the Autobots are already on the planet.

KingD19
Plasma Bugs were indeed only used as anti-air/space artillery.

And the tank bugs(fire breathers) were resistant to human sized arms fire but could still be taken down after a bit of a beating. A transformer would take one out in a single burst, especially with good shot.

Placidity
Those were only for stopping the Army from landing on the planet if i recall.

Except the Autobots are already on the planet.

They did only attacked the ships in space in the movie, but is there any reason why they can't shoot land based targets?

According to the Wiki, they can attack land based targets. This must have been in the other movies (never watched them) or TV show.

RJ 2.0
Actually Yes, Clown. You need to calm down. No need to get your jimmies rustled.

Kazenji
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
You need to calm down. No need to get your jimmies rustled.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah i'm angry because of the way i typed it...good one psychic.

RJ 2.0
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah i'm angry because of the way i typed it...good one psychic. One psychic is good? What about two?

Time Immemorial
One psychic is good? What about two?

laughing

Kazenji
One psychic is good? What about two?

Too much power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.