Prep - Doom vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Terryc250
Both have 2 months prep.

Reflassshh
Thanos eats him.

Stoic
Thanos wins without a doubt.

Mindset
This definitely hasn't been made before.

Galan007
People just want more confirmation that Doom stomps. thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
People just want more confirmation that Doom stomps. thumb up I guess I can't blame them. thumb up

Insane Titan
Thanos wins, handily.

Vixal1
Thanos, as good as guys like Reed and Doom are, most cosmic level geniuses can outprep them easily.

Time Immemorial
Thanos utterly wrecks.

Terryc250
Was hoping for more of a debate sad

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not much to debate really.. Thanos would win

Werewolf582
Thanos

RockofAges
Thanos has a far wider reach and access to unknown resources. No single-planet-based individual can outprep him as far as I'm concerned.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thanos spitestomps.

ODG
Thanos doing apparently little else than blow up planets as an ineffectual temporary band-aid measure (seemingly blown up by Black Panther), while Doom schemes and preps w/ Molecule Man, reverse-maps the entire Multiverse via the Mapmaker network, and prepares to confront the ultimate source behind the Incursions.

Yeah... sometimes you have to actually look and see what's actually going on rather than deal in knee-jerk reactions as truth.

DTM
Thanos with prep became GOD with the Infinity Gauntlet, Doom with prep became GOD by claiming The Beyonders power. Personally, Id say this is a damn close match, with each of them proving they can be the Ultimate Power In The Universe with prep time (and noticeably less than 2 months, at that).

Reflassshh
Doom 'stealing' beyonder's power has context iirc.

DTM
As does Thanos claiming the IG. My point is that with time and prep, each of these characters have been shown to basically acheive Ultimate Godhood.

Vixal1
Originally posted by DTM
As does Thanos claiming the IG. My point is that with time and prep, each of these characters have been shown to basically acheive Ultimate Godhood. IIRC Doom got the Beyonders powers because the Beyonder subconsiously gave them to him, not because Doom jacked them against his will.

The entire (insert character here) getting omnipotence shtick is a silly outlier anyway, Doom (and Thanos for that matter) shouldn't have their entire prep careers defined by some abnormally high showing.

I guess I can give Thanos a pass since he is a cosmic level character and has access to tech and knowledge that would make Doom, Reed and most Earth based geniuses in both Marvel and DC flabbergasted.

DTM
Well, in addition to stealing the Beyonders powers, he did so with Galactus, and twice with Surfer, so hes well versed in stealing abilities of Cosmic Beings / beings much stronger than himself. Saying its OK for Thanos to reach omnipotence, and not Doom because hes just a man, doesnt fly with me really.

Hey, Id probably give the majority wins here to Thanos as well, but anyone who things Thanos would Crush Doom is a fight such as this has no idea what Doom with 2 months of prep is truly capable of. smile

Vixal1
Originally posted by DTM
Well, in addition to stealing the Beyonders powers, he did so with Galactus, and twice with Surfer, so hes well versed in stealing abilities of Cosmic Beings / beings much stronger than himself. Saying its OK for Thanos to reach omnipotence, and not Doom because hes just a man, doesnt fly with me really.

Hey, Id probably give the majority wins here to Thanos as well, but anyone who things Thanos would Crush Doom is a fight such as this has no idea what Doom with 2 months of prep is truly capable of. smile Surfer is more down to Earth so I can see him pulling it off (down to Earth compared to Beyonder) IIRC didn't he have a cosmic cube when he jacked G's power or no?

I wasn't saying that it's ok or not ok to achieve omnipotence, good on them for doing it, I was just saying it's more of an outlier and that Doom's omnipotence is pretty circumstantial. I mean Thanos got the IG but at least he didn't get it because someone subconsciously gave it to him like the Beyonder did to Doom.

ODG
Originally posted by Vixal1
IIRC Doom got the Beyonders powers because the Beyonder subconsiously gave them to him, not because Doom jacked them against his will. Retconned, twiceover, in fact. Beyonder resisted the power drain but Doom took it by superior force of will.

Vixal1
Originally posted by ODG
Retconned, twiceover, in fact. Beyonder resisted the power drain but Doom took it by superior force of will. Lame

ODG
^ The idea that Beyonder's subconscious desire to grant people's wishes as a factor in Doom's battle with the Beyonder itself was an after-the-fact retcon. The next two retcons just changed it back to how it originally was.

DTM
Beyonder has been retconned so many times, its not even funny.

Reflassshh
If it was retconned, then which version of beyonder did Doom steal the power from? Cube being or Inhuman?

ODG
Originally posted by Reflassshh
If it was retconned, then which version of beyonder did Doom steal the power from? Cube being or Inhuman? Your question isn't exactly clear. But if I think this is what you're asking, it would have been the current Inhuman mutant version.

Mindset
It's dubious whether Beyonder was even an Inhuman or not, the comic seemed to lean towards him lying.

Doom wins btw.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by ODG
Your question isn't exactly clear. But if I think this is what you're asking, it would have been the current Inhuman mutant version. Yeah, that's what I was asking, thanks.

-----------

For the record IG>>> Cosmic cube/Inhuman reality warper.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Mindset
It's dubious whether Beyonder was even an Inhuman or not, the comic seemed to lean towards him lying.
This.

That entire issue was just Beyonder ****ing with them.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by krisblaze
This.

That entire issue was just Beyonder ****ing with them. isn't that the issue where Proff X said he could of taken everyone down in secret Wars if he wanted too(including Galactus) lol

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Insane Titan
isn't that the issue where Proff X said he could of taken everyone down in secret Wars if he wanted too(including Galactus) lol

laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.