An awesome theory about Padme's Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
http://www.retrozap.com/padme-didnt-die-of-a-broken-heart/

And further evidence Lord Sidious is the best villain in the galactic history.

Tzeentch
lol

AncientPower
Or the far simpler and much more logical explanation: He lied about her dying to complete Vader's subservience and as Captain Panaka(?) finds out: Her autopsy showed she died because her throat had been partially crushed despite no sign of external force.

Remember that Return of the Jedi explains how the children's existence was hidden from Palpatine and Empire Strikes Back as well as Shadows of the Empire explains that Palpatine didn't have a clue.

ares834
Originally posted by Tzeentch
lol

I'll admit, I thought RotS was a good film. Certainly not my favorite of all time, but still quite good. And far far batter than the AotC or TPM.

Tzeentch
I feel like it's on par with TPM, though for some reason most of both films are a haze in my mind.

Beyond the Star Wars series itself though, RotS is pretty shit I think. Wooden acting, terrible dialogue, special FX that definitely didn't stand the test of time, etc. Still fun though.

The_Tempest
Sith is a microcosm of the inherent flaw of the prequels: a superb story undermined by lackluster execution. I'll take the story of the prequels all day errday over the story of the classics.

McGregor, McDiarmid, and even Christensen are all fine actors. {Lucas's Anakin is an emotionally disturbed narcissist and Christensen evokes that pretty damn effectively.}

The problem is that the dialogue was hit-or-miss, in need of polishing. But the most jarring flaw is the conflict between the character's dialogue/situation and the actor's portrayal of it. RedLetterMedia pointed out Mace's ho-hum reaction to Anakin fingering Sheev as a Sith Lord. In the novel, Mace is horrified; in the film, Mace is kinda bored. "We must move quickly if the Jedi order is to be saved," he says, walking very calmly to his ship.

These flaws notwithstanding, ROTS is my second favorite SW film. When it scores, it scores big.

Trocity
Originally posted by The_Tempest
ROTS is my second favorite SW film.

Behind ESB?

The_Tempest
Yup.

ROTS might actually be my favorite, actually. But ESB is better made.

|King Joker|
Blasphemy!

NewGuy01
Agreed w/Tempest. That's why out of all the movie novelizations, RotS is easily the best. Though out of the movies themselves, Empire has it beat.

DarthAnt66
I disagree with the motion Episode 3's FX didn't stand the test of time. The duels in there are easily some of the coolest in history.

Nalaniel
ESB and ROTS are the best ones. Agreed.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nalaniel

Beniboybling
ESB and ROTS are the best ones. Agreed. thumb up

On topic, cool theory, but does conflict with the idea that Sidious didn't know about Padme's twins...

Or did he? I mean surely everyone else noticed Padme was pregnant?

DarthAnt66
IDK, that part of the movie didn't make sense. No one could sense the presence of Leia and Luke. Not even Anakin (In the movies, at least)!

Sinious

thumb up

Sinious
"Palpatine already knew how to influence the midichlorians to create life and save people from dying."

Is there any confirmed info on this?

NewGuy01
I believe it's mentioned in the Book of Sith, but I just skimmed through and couldn't find it.

Angelalex242
The medical droids may not have noticed...

But Obi Wan and especially YODA were standing right there. If they noticed, there's enough power there to stop ROTS Sidious.

Yoda's presence, especially, debunks the theory.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by The_Tempest
SithMcGregor, McDiarmid, and even Christensen are all fine actors. {Lucas's Anakin is an emotionally disturbed narcissist and Christensen evokes that pretty damn effectively}

thumb up

Hayden did a good job at portraying a character who was there but not there. His focus throughout ROTS was Padme. Some of his lines were a bit blah, but if you take his emotions for what it was, then, IMO, his blah-acting makes sense. I wouldn't expect him to be any other way, TBH.

WildBantha88
After her death they observed that she had a crushed throat and had evidence of a violent strangulation despite no physical bruising being present indicating no actual physical contact. Force choke.

Her dying as Vader is reborn is purely just symbolic

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Her dying as Vader is reborn is purely just symbolic No, shut up. I want to read deeply in to this retarded scene, so stop killing the magic.

Tzeentch
When did they observe she had a crushed throat? The medical droid said she was "medically healthy". A crushed throat with "evidence of violent strangulation" would go directly against that observation.

Darth Abonis
Its a great theory, and how could Yoda stop Sidious? He might have felt Padme dying and assumed it was natural. He didn't know about Plagueis or his power. He's inSIDIOUS for a reason.

WildBantha88
There were conflicting reports of course but all the autopsy reports were in agreement on two things: that she had been strangled, and that her child had died with her

But exactly how the former had been accomplished, no one was quite sure. The evidence of strangulation had been there, and obvious: the fractured hyoid bone, damage to the larynx, and compression of the trachea were all clear indications of fatal throttling.

But...

There were no signs of bruises on her neck, no scratches or signs of congestion... No indication of exterior trauma at all.

Street of shadows epilogue

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I believe it's mentioned in the Book of Sith, but I just skimmed through and couldn't find it.

Wow, that's an excellent ability even though its not combat oriented. I wonder why its not mentioned in this forum at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.