Spider Man vs Capt America and Bruce Lee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Feats from all of their movies are included.

Capt and Bruce think that Spiderman is their enemy.

Battle takes place where Bruce Lee fought O'Hara in enter the dragon.

Who wins?

carver9
Uuuuummmm, Spiderman stomps without breaking a sweat.

Quincy
Yeah I think Spiderman is just too agile. And strangely enough, Bruce Lee is a non-factor...

Quincy
I feel dirty saying that...

Psychotron
Don't, he was never that good.

Quincy
pr1983

Star428
For once, I have to actually agree with Carver.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Quincy
pr1983

He was an actor, and a skilled martial artist to be sure, but he was never a competitive fighter.

Quincy
What was he "never that good at?"

We're going into realism now? Because Bruce Lee is as much of a fighter as these two fictional comic book characters.

Jmanghan
Bruce Lee can take Cap if its just purely H2H, but loses horribly to Spider-Man.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Bruce Lee can take Cap if its just purely H2H, but loses horribly to Spider-Man.

Lol no. Cap takes him.

Originally posted by Quincy
What was he "never that good at?"

We're going into realism now? Because Bruce Lee is as much of a fighter as these two fictional comic book characters.

There are much better martial artists.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Psychotron
Lol no. Cap takes him.

There are much better martial artists. Cap is a brawler, a DAMN good one, but a brawler. It's about speed, and technique, if Cap loses his shield, Bruce Lee takes him in about 20-30 seconds.

Jmanghan
Lol no. Cap takes him.

There are much better martial artists. Also, second best martial artist I can think of is Jet Li.

BruceSkywalker
bruce lee stomps the living daylights out of Spidey while Cap just sits and drinks latte's ...

Kotor3
For those who do not remember, Bruce Lee has superhuman strength and speed in Chinese Connection. Bruce was able to move so fast his hand movements were like a blur.

Jmanghan
Spidey can bench 5 tons and is overwhelmingly agile, he may not be as nimble as Bruce, but in terms of pure acrobatics, speed, and agility, he takes this. Also, Bruce wins if Spidey decides to fight him without using his powers. A.K.A. H2H

Placidity
He was an actor, and a skilled martial artist to be sure, but he was never a competitive fighter.

Do you have to be a competitive fighter to be good at combat?

"Competitive fighting" is a sport =/= a fight with no rules. Of course in a 1v1, many of the skills may translate well across, but its not the same.

Someone in the military, or a street fighter could be better, but never fought "competitively".

Competitive fighting is not the ultimate standard of combat by any means. In fact, I would rather bet on someone who has had much experience killing H2H than on competitive MMA fighters in a real fight.

None of this is relating to proving Bruce Lee was any good one way or another. You just have to go by people's testaments.

Psychotron
Also, second best martial artist I can think of is Jet Li.

Are we talking about movie MAs or IRL MAs? Because I'd put Tony Jaa, and a few others over Bruce in movies, and a lot of guys IRL.

Cap is a brawler, a DAMN good one, but a brawler. It's about speed, and technique, if Cap loses his shield, Bruce Lee takes him in about 20-30 seconds.

Brawling is better anyway, those fancy moves you see in films are almost always useless. The best combo for real life is striking + some ground work. Cap is also superhuman. Bruce can't take him, never mind Spider-man.

Originally posted by Placidity
Do you have to be a competitive fighter to be good at combat?

"Competitive fighting" is a sport =/= a fight with no rules. Of course in a 1v1, many of the skills may translate well across, but its not the same.

Someone in the military, or a street fighter could be better, but never fought "competitively".

Competitive fighting is not the ultimate standard of combat by any means. In fact, I would rather bet on someone who has had much experience killing H2H than on competitive MMA fighters in a real fight.

None of this is relating to proving Bruce Lee was any good one way or another. You just have to go by people's testaments.

Bruce Lee has never been a competitive fighter, OR a trained killer, OR a street fighter. I know people love him, but he would get murdered by any modern day fighter.

Kotor3
Brawling is better anyway, those fancy moves you see in films are almost always useless. The best combo for real life is striking + some ground work. Cap is also superhuman. Bruce can't take him, never mind Spider-man.
So is Bruce Lee. This is feats from all movies. Bruce is superhuman in Chinese Connection.

Bruce Lee has never been a competitive fighter, OR a trained killer, OR a street fighter. I know people love him, but he would get murdered by any modern day fighter.
LOL. Your statement is so incorrect. You do not have a lot of knowledge on Bruce Lee do you? Chuck Norris (A champion professional fighter and Bruce sparring partner) admitted that he did not know if he would win in a straight fight against Bruce Lee.

Bruce had multiple real off screen fights with trained fighters. Invented the one punch technique. Has had other marital artist masters state that they would never fight him one on one. He is master marital artist in hand to hand combat as well as weapons. He is recognized as this by all martial artist.

MMA, boxing, etc, is a sport with rules. In a fight with no rules outcomes are different.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Kotor3
So is Bruce Lee. This is feats from all movies. Bruce is superhuman in Chinese Connection.

LOL. Your statement is so incorrect. You do not have a lot of knowledge on Bruce Lee do you? Chuck Norris (A champion professional fighter and Bruce sparring partner) admitted that he did not know if he would win in a straight fight against Bruce Lee.

Bruce had multiple real off screen fights with trained fighters. Invented the one punch technique. Has had other marital artist masters state that they would never fight him one on one. He is master marital artist in hand to hand combat as well as weapons. He is recognized as this by all martial artist.

MMA, boxing, etc, is a sport with rules. In a fight with no rules outcomes are different.

I still don't think Bruce Lee can put down Rogers, he survived a laser shot right in the chest. And then there's Spider-man.

Funny that you mention Chuck Norris, because I remember an interview about Bruce where the interviewer asked Chuck if the two of them ever sparred, and Chuck replies that they never did because both of them knew there'd be no point. Chuck was a 7 time karate world champion and Bruce was an actor.

Post some of these fights with real fighters then. The one punch technique is useless in a fight and has done by other people. MMA is as close to a real fight as you can get and far more practical than any eastern martial art. Put him in a fight against someone like Anderson da Silva and Bruce would be DOA. I'm not even going to talk about what happens if you put him against some heavyweight like Alistair Overeem.

Kotor3
I still don't think Bruce Lee can put down Rogers, he survived a laser shot right in the chest. And then there's Spider-man.

Funny that you mention Chuck Norris, because I remember an interview about Bruce where the interviewer asked Chuck if the two of them ever sparred, and Chuck replies that they never did because both of them knew there'd be no point. Chuck was a 7 time karate world champion and Bruce was an actor.

Post some of these fights with real fighters then. The one punch technique is useless in a fight and has done by other people. MMA is as close to a real fight as you can get and far more practical than any eastern martial art. Put him in a fight against someone like Anderson da Silva and Bruce would be DOA. I'm not even going to talk about what happens if you put him against some heavyweight like Alistair Overeem.

Info on Bruce is really not that hard to find. But here are some two videos and an article with quotes from Chuck Norris:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcl81ldNODc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvwjorFUPA
http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/martial-arts-entertainment/martial-art-movies/chuck-norris-vs-bruce-lee

Chuck uses the word workouts in the video and in the article sparring. Lets just say it was a combination.

As for your other requested info its on the internet. Bruce was not just an actor he was a recognize Marital Artist Master. You trying to down play him is starting to sound like trolling.

Tattoos N Scars
Cap can tank punches from Loki and Winter Soldier, how is Bruce Lee gonna put him down?

Star428
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
bruce lee stomps the living daylights out of Spidey while Cap just sits and drinks latte's ...

laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Psychotron
Info on Bruce is really not that hard to find. But here are some two videos and an article with quotes from Chuck Norris:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcl81ldNODc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvwjorFUPA
http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/martial-arts-entertainment/martial-art-movies/chuck-norris-vs-bruce-lee

Chuck uses the word workouts in the video and in the article sparring. Lets just say it was a combination.

As for your other requested info its on the internet. Bruce was not just an actor he was a recognize Marital Artist Master. You trying to down play him is starting to sound like trolling.

"Did you ever fight each other?"
"No, I was a professional fighter"
That says it all. There's no doubt that Bruce was skilled, but you can't call him the best if he's never actually proved himself against someone else. And I'm not talking about anectodal stories, I mean real fights against credible opponets. You don't have to be a good fighter to be a good martial artist, anyway. They're two different things.

Kotor3
"Did you ever fight each other?"
"No, I was a professional fighter"
That says it all. There's no doubt that Bruce was skilled, but you can't call him the best if he's never actually proved himself against someone else. And I'm not talking about anectodal stories, I mean real fights against credible opponets. You don't have to be a good fighter to be a good martial artist, anyway. They're two different things.
By the selected quotes you chose to use it is clear that you are not changing your opinion.

Chuck did state he did not know if he could win or beat Bruce and stated that he felt both of them would do well in the current MMA fighting. He always praise Bruce fighting abilities. Nothing but respect.

When the UFC first started it was termed a spectacle not a sport. Anything was allowed except for biting and poking of the eyes. There was no weight class either. Only due to extreme criticism did it become termed a sport that included rules and weight class.

So there is a difference between fights as a sport and a real fight for survival. Either way, as to whether Bruce is the best or not is not the point. He most definitely could hang with the best which is clear by the comments of Chuck and others who knew him.

Psychotron
By the selected quotes you chose to use it is clear that you are not changing your opinion.

Chuck did state he did not know if he could win or beat Bruce and stated that he felt both of them would do well in the current MMA fighting. He always praise Bruce fighting abilities. Nothing but respect.

When the UFC first started it was termed a spectacle not a sport. Anything was allowed except for biting and poking of the eyes. There was no weight class either. Only due to extreme criticism did it become termed a sport that included rules and weight class.

So there is a difference between fights as a sport and a real fight for survival. Either way, as to whether Bruce is the best or not is not the point. He most definitely could hang with the best which is clear by the comments of Chuck and others who knew him.

Chuck was just being diplomatic, he knew Bruce is an icon, and the two of them were friends. So of course he'd say he doesn't know who'd win.

Just because Chuck says or thinks they'd do well doesn't mean they will.

You don't need to tell me that, I've been in enough street fights and I've done kickboxing. I know the difference, and MMA is the closest thing to real life fights there is. Btw, UFC is not the only form of MMA. Also, plenty of trained army guys have tried their luck, even Navy SEALs, and they don't get far usually. The military trains people for combat, not just H2H, so they don't specialize as much as fighters.

Kotor3
Chuck was just being diplomatic, he knew Bruce is an icon, and the two of them were friends. So of course he'd say he doesn't know who'd win.

Just because Chuck says or thinks they'd do well doesn't mean they will.

You don't need to tell me that, I've been in enough street fights and I've done kickboxing. I know the difference, and MMA is the closest thing to real life fights there is. Btw, UFC is not the only form of MMA. Also, plenty of trained army guys have tried their luck, even Navy SEALs, and they don't get far usually. The military trains people for combat, not just H2H, so they don't specialize as much as fighters.
Ok, well we are not going to agree. If you use MMA fighting as an ultimate measuring gauge for a person fighting ability, then ok.

I agree with this point that MMA is an ultimate measuring gauge for a person agility in a fair balance fight.

FYI
I've been in plenty of street fights also and took up wrestling. I feel there is a difference between sports fighting and survival fighting.

I believe Bruce would do well in MMA fighting today.

FrothByte
People who think fighting sports are not applicable in the streets either does not know anything about these fighting arts or is just completely stupid. There's a reason why boxers make some of the most dangerous street fighters around. And though the UFC and boxing and Muay Thai and others are now termed fighting sports, that doesn't change the fact that they are legitimate martial arts.

Beuce Lee has never had a public, documented fight against a skilled opponent. So there is no reason for us to believe he's a skilled fighter since he has yet to prove it. He is a very skilled martial artist.... doesn't mean he's a skilled fighter.

Werewolf582
Bruce Lee solos and then proceeds to smash Cap's skull in.

Star428
What a pathetic troll attempt that is.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by Star428
What a pathetic troll attempt that is.

Bruce Lee > Chuck Norris > omnipotent beings

Proof right there.

Kotor3
Originally posted by FrothByte
People who think fighting sports are not applicable in the streets either does not know anything about these fighting arts or is just completely stupid. There's a reason why boxers make some of the most dangerous street fighters around. And though the UFC and boxing and Muay Thai and others are now termed fighting sports, that doesn't change the fact that they are legitimate martial arts.

Beuce Lee has never had a public, documented fight against a skilled opponent. So there is no reason for us to believe he's a skilled fighter since he has yet to prove it. He is a very skilled martial artist.... doesn't mean he's a skilled fighter.

I really wasn't going to say anything but to many incorrect statements. Anyone who took up an art of fighting, Boxing, wrestling, martial arts, knows no matter the philosophy associated with the art is it is just that an art of fighting.

A skilled martial artist does not translate to a skilled philosopher it translates to a skilled fighter. The same for a boxer or wrestler. How they measure up to other skilled fighters is to be seen. How does Bruce match up to other skilled fighters we can speculate like we do with other fighters. But saying he is not a skilled fighter is ridiculous.

Oh, and boxers (i have fought people in street fights who took up boxing) who fight the same way they do in the ring in a street fight will not last too long against a person with grappling skills.

Spawningpool
Bruce kills spidey captain kills Bruce

Psychotron
Ok, well we are not going to agree. If you use MMA fighting as an ultimate measuring gauge for a person fighting ability, then ok.

I agree with this point that MMA is an ultimate measuring gauge for a person agility in a fair balance fight.

FYI
I've been in plenty of street fights also and took up wrestling. I feel there is a difference between sports fighting and survival fighting.

I believe Bruce would do well in MMA fighting today.

It's not the ultimate gauge, but it is the closest.

There is a difference, of course, but we've never seen Bruce Lee in fighting sports or in street fights, so there's no reason to assume he is that much better than anyone else.

FrothByte
I really wasn't going to say anything but to many incorrect statements. Anyone who took up an art of fighting, Boxing, wrestling, martial arts, knows no matter the philosophy associated with the art is it is just that an art of fighting.

A skilled martial artist does not translate to a skilled philosopher it translates to a skilled fighter. The same for a boxer or wrestler. How they measure up to other skilled fighters is to be seen. How does Bruce match up to other skilled fighters we can speculate like we do with other fighters. But saying he is not a skilled fighter is ridiculous.

Oh, and boxers (i have fought people in street fights who took up boxing) who fight the same way they do in the ring in a street fight will not last too long against a person with grappling skills.

I'm not trying to get into a grappling vs. striking debate. I only mentioned boxers as an example that people who do fighting sports are actually very effective street fighters. That includes boxers, wrestlers, muay thai fighters, etc. (though if you do want to get into it, I have to say that a pure grappler really isn't gonna do great in a street fight either). As it stands in our society today, people who do fight in fighting sports are the most proven fighters (h2h) that we have. There may be other better fighters out there, but it's harder to prove their skill. At least with fighting sports, people there have actually proven themselves.

And no, you're completely incorrect in assuming a skilled martial artist automatically makes a skilled fighter. Some martial artists go through years mastering their martial art without ever having been in a fight. Some martial arts don't even have full sparring. Some people focus on the acrobatic portion of it, some do it for aesthetic or spiritual value.

I never said Bruce Lee wasn't a skilled fighter. What I said was that since we have no proof he was a skilled fighter, then we can't assume he was a skilled fighter simply because he looked good on screen.

Kotor3
It's not the ultimate gauge, but it is the closest.

There is a difference, of course, but we've never seen Bruce Lee in fighting sports or in street fights, so there's no reason to assume he is that much better than anyone else.
Maybe I interpreted your comments incorrectly. I personally feel that MMA is the ultimate gauge for determining who is the most skilled. In a no holds bar fight you cannot really do that since anything goes and when fighting for survival anyone can win.

With that being said, Bruce Lee may not have been a professional fighter but he is in a sense the first true MMA as his style and philosophy was about mixing different styles and doing whatever you could to win. Many took up this philosophy and fighting style.

So when Chuck stated that he felt Bruce and himself would do well in the current MMA, I believe his statement. Of this is as speculative as if Bruce was a professional during this time and comparing him to fighters of this day. It is all speculative.

Kotor3
Originally posted by FrothByte
I'm not trying to get into a grappling vs. striking debate. I only mentioned boxers as an example that people who do fighting sports are actually very effective street fighters. That includes boxers, wrestlers, muay thai fighters, etc. (though if you do want to get into it, I have to say that a pure grappler really isn't gonna do great in a street fight either). As it stands in our society today, people who do fight in fighting sports are the most proven fighters (h2h) that we have. There may be other better fighters out there, but it's harder to prove their skill. At least with fighting sports, people there have actually proven themselves.

And no, you're completely incorrect in assuming a skilled martial artist automatically makes a skilled fighter. Some martial artists go through years mastering their martial art without ever having been in a fight. Some martial arts don't even have full sparring. Some people focus on the acrobatic portion of it, some do it for aesthetic or spiritual value.

I never said Bruce Lee wasn't a skilled fighter. What I said was that since we have no proof he was a skilled fighter, then we can't assume he was a skilled fighter simply because he looked good on screen.
Ok. I respect your opinion. I don't agree with your last two statements but ok. Some will feel Bruce would do well in current professional fighting and some will he feel there is no way to tell.

I think you can by the many supporting comments of his skill that he would be a good if not excellent professional fighter.

Psychotron
Maybe I interpreted your comments incorrectly. I personally feel that MMA is the ultimate gauge for determining who is the most skilled. In a no holds bar fight you cannot really do that since anything goes and when fighting for survival anyone can win.

With that being said, Bruce Lee may not have been a professional fighter but he is in a sense the first true MMA as his style and philosophy was about mixing different styles and doing whatever you could to win. Many took up this philosophy and fighting style.

So when Chuck stated that he felt Bruce and himself would do well in the current MMA, I believe his statement. Of this is as speculative as if Bruce was a professional during this time and comparing him to fighters of this day. It is all speculative.

Sure, ok.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.