Whats missing from the new DC Batman and Superman movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Starting from the Nolan Batman movies to the new Superman movie.

In short: DC comic book movies do not feel like comic book movies. The directors and producers try to mix too much reality with the comic book world.

There is no theme song for Batman or Superman in these movies like the Burton on Reeve's Superman movies. Every time you heard the songs or mentioned the heroes you would think of their theme songs.

I have a lot more but that is my two cents to start off.

Thoughts.

Quincy
I dont think you require a powerful theme to really put together a swell superhero flick.

Case and point - The Avengers movies. I don't know any of the score to those flicks.

But Batman has that sweet Hans Zimmer score, so not sure you're problem there.

steverules_2
Black Widows ass

/thread

Time Immemorial
Powergirls ****

Kotor3

Robtard
Originally posted by Kotor3
Whats missing from the new DC Batman and Superman movies More cowbell?

CouchTomato86
Man of Steel had a Superman theme...we're just to used to the original score. The original movie's song is iconic, but it had years to build up the rep

BruceSkywalker
nudity.. nudity...nudity... nudity... which will be in batman v. superman ..

so to recap.. nudity..nudity nudity

Impediment
Villains.

Lex Luthor and Zod have been used more than once.

Superman has dozens of other rogues that are more interesting.

Time Immemorial
More **** and ass

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Villains.

Lex Luthor and Zod have been used more than once.

Superman has dozens of other rogues that are more interesting.

which is why i hate them using the joker again... there are plenty of villains in batman's and superman's rogue's gallery that should be used

marwash22
Bat-god level Batman on a physical and intellectual level.

Superman's foes not named Lex or other Kryptonians.

Flyattractor
IF they are gonna go with the Nu52 versions of the comics at least we know they will be full of SUCK!

Esau Cairn
Nolan's Batman.

Breaking that one defining characteristic of keeping scenes with Batman to the darkness of night & utilising the shadows to strike fear.
No visiting the crime scene in broad daylight...how the hell does one make a "mysterious exit" from a bank vault, inside a bank, in the middle of the day?
No mid afternoon battles in the street.
No Bruce Wayne playing James Bond (regardless of hiding his identity behind a bike helmet).

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
IF they are gonna go with the Nu52 versions of the comics at least we know they will be full of SUCK!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

the hate is strong in this one for the newer books.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22
Bat-god level Batman on a physical and intellectual level.

I believe we will be seeing this ^^^^

Placidity
In regards to Nolan Batman, only Batman Begins comes close to any semblance of the real Batman.

Also, him being a rookie in that movie allows us to excuse why he is too human/realistic.

MoS had good fight scenes, nothing else.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Placidity
In regards to Nolan Batman, only Batman Begins comes close to any semblance of the real Batman.

Also, him being a rookie in that movie allows us to excuse why he is too human/realistic.

MoS had good fight scenes, nothing else.

Totally agree with Begins.

Personally I found MOS fight scenes tedious. The fact that the Kryptonians wore the same outfits didn't help to differentiate one fight from another.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Kotor3
Starting from the Nolan Batman movies to the new Superman movie.

In short: DC comic book movies do not feel like comic book movies. The directors and producers try to mix too much reality with the comic book world. The only MCU film that came close to that realism was TIH, which is why it is my favorite MCU film.

This is the precise reason I prefer MOS and TDK trilogy over any of the MCU, X Men, and Spider-Man films. I love the realism over comic book campiness.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Lestov16
This is the precise reason I prefer MOS and TDK trilogy over any of the MCU, X Men, and Spider-Man films. I love the realism over comic book campiness.

MOS tried hard to be a serious and dark movie in this "realism" tone you're talking about, but then it said "FU" to that when the cartoonish fight started at the end.

I know some LOVED this part. Yeah "YO DUDE, UBER FIGHT & AWESOME POWER" yeah I get it.
But with a movie that was trying so hard to have this realism vibe etc, it does a total 360 with that ridiculous fight. Even within the fight itself the combatants received no damage at all. Again the people making this movie forgot to add the element of realism to that part as well.

Realism is good if done right so is campiness.

BruceSkywalker
another thing that is missing besides nudity is that both Kal and Bruce need to hang out in bars and pick up women laughing laughing laughing

Kazenji

How the hell are the X-men movies even slightly camp.. erm

Lestov16
QS listening to a song that at his speed should sound slower than the song in Inception when they descended dream levels.

Kazenji
Errr......ermm

keep cuddling your cloud Galactus non comic book reader.

marwash22
^ yeah, man.

anyone who liked cloud Galactus shouldn't talk shit about anything.

Impediment
Originally posted by marwash22
^ yeah, man.

anyone who liked cloud Galactus shouldn't talk shit about anything.

Win post.

Esau Cairn

Sorry but I don't agree either. Both MOS & Nolan's trilogy suffered from the realism they tried to push.

MOS contradicted itself so many times trying to instil the elements of humanity versus dealing with a godlike alien in their presence.
An alien that dressed in blue & red tights flying around with a cape...how is that not campy?

Whilst Batman was reduced to just a guy in a black bulky costume who probably wouldn't have made a difference if Gordon was given more time & police power behind him.
It was the cops who rounded up the escapees in Begins.
It was Gordon who captured The Joker.
And the army would've dealt with Bane...regardless of the collateral damage.

At least all the threats in MCU, XMen & Spidey were situations beyond the police, the army or govt.

Kotor3
Fair enough. I guess if that is what you like.

Personally it takes away from the comic superhero and villain feel. If you going to include the real world then you have to make it more real. TDK include the real world but nothing they did was remotely real. It seemed out of place for me.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Kazenji
Errr......ermm

keep cuddling your cloud Galactus non comic book reader.

Whatever you say, can't-judge-a-film-on-it's-own-merit man

Kotor3
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Sorry but I don't agree either. Both MOS & Nolan's trilogy suffered from the realism they tried to push.

MOS contradicted itself so many times trying to instil the elements of humanity versus dealing with a godlike alien in their presence.
An alien that dressed in blue & red tights flying around with a cape...how is that not campy?

Whilst Batman was reduced to just a guy in a black bulky costume who probably wouldn't have made a difference if Gordon was given more time & police power behind him.

At least all the threats in MCU, XMen & Spidey were situations beyond the police, the army or govt.
thumb up

Lestov16
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

MOS had enough realism to balance any camp. As far as TDK trilogy goes, they are deeper than a simple popcorn flick about beating up bad guys (at least the first two).

To each his own, but I like the realism approach compared to, say, the IM3 approach. As stated, TIH is my favorite Mcu film

Inhuman
As far as TDK trilogy goes, they are deeper than a simple popcorn flick about beating up bad guys (at least the first two).

I thought the nolan batman movies were pretty straight forward, not overly deep at all. They had surprise twists just like alot of movies were doing during that time and now as well, thats all.
And I agree with others have said that you can try to be a real, and dark as you can but at the end of the day the movie is about a grown man dressed up in a batsuit or red and blue tights.

Esau Cairn
MOS had enough realism to balance any camp. As far as TDK trilogy goes, they are deeper than a simple popcorn flick about beating up bad guys (at least the first two).

To each his own, but I like the realism approach compared to, say, the IM3 approach. As stated, TIH is my favorite Mcu film

I guess it's because you didn't provide definition of what you meant by "camp".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.