Robocop vs Dredd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RJ 2.0
Both versions of Robocop (Old version and reboot) versus both versions of Dredd (Stallone and reboot.)

Fight takes place in the locked down building from the Dredd reboot.

Both Judges are in full armor and have their multi-functional sidearms. The Judges have the floorplans of the building dedicated to memory.

Both versions of Robocop have their sidearms. Nothing else. The Robo's have it downloaded to memory.

No backup can be called for either side, this is a 2 on 2 fight to the death. To make things interesting, each combatant is armed with a Darksaber: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_%28lightsaber%29

Who wins?

Robtard
Robos dominate. Urban Dredd is a total badass, but he's not taking out Robocop

Psychotron
OG Robocop is too tough, fake Robo is too fast.

Kazenji
Urban Dredd could possibly work out how to take out Robocop.

meep-meep
Robos work better together than the Dredds. Stallone Dredd would go rogue.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Robtard
Robos dominate. Urban Dredd is a total badass, but he's not taking out Robocop Judge/s have a much more versatile gun, plus remember they have the Darksabers.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Judge/s have a much more versatile gun, plus remember they have the Darksabers.

What are darksabers? The other name for Rob's man part?

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
What are darksabers? The other name for Rob's man part? Read the link I posted.

Time Immemorial
Read the link I posted.

I think Robos prolly take it, the first one fought a ninja with swords and won. The second Robo was basically like a ninja.

RJ 2.0
I'm going with the judges. Their weapons are much more versatile and the reboot judge was beyond beast.

Time Immemorial
Didn't they have like a super uber weapon with target acquisition and that combat software?

Psychotron
I'm going with the judges. Their weapons are much more versatile and the reboot judge was beyond beast.

Lawgivers can't even hurt Robocop.

Kazenji
Not if they shoot Robocop in the mouth, Which i bet Urban Dredd would do.

Placidity
What if he shoots the hotshot into Robo's mouth?

refresh page fail.

But then again, it wouldn't be that easy, Robo would be moving.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Placidity

refresh page fail.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Placidity
Originally posted by Kazenji
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Um, that's not what I meant.

Kazenji

Well the old one isn't exactly nimble compared to the new Robo.

Psychotron

refresh page fail.

Not if they shoot Robocop in the mouth, Which i bet Urban Dredd would do.

You guys should rewatch the original Robocop. His face is just streched over a metal skull, nothing would happen if they shot him in the mouth.

thanos-prime
A shot to the head took him out in the second movie iirc.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by thanos-prime
A shot to the head took him out in the second movie iirc.

For a few seconds. He then went on to peg a hostage taker in the head with a ricochet shot off the wall.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
For a few seconds. He then went on to peg a hostage taker in the head with a ricochet shot off the wall.

Where you been bro?

KingD19
Well the old one isn't exactly nimble compared to the new Robo.

He doesn't need to be nimble. That auto-targeting computer of his is insanely fast and accurate as is he when he draws and fires that auto D-Eagle.

Psychotron
Yeah, OG Robo hits headshots with ricochets and casually shoots people through sniper rifle optics.

Kazenji

Sounds like to me a stronger bullet is needed.

Psychotron
If two RPGs can't do the trick, no bullet can either.

Kazenji
2 Rpgs at his mouth?....when did that happen.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Psychotron
Lawgivers can't even hurt Robocop. The darksaber will slice both Robo's to ribbons.

Psychotron
The darksaber will slice both Robo's to ribbons.

Good thing Judges don't have darksabers in the movies.

2 Rpgs at his mouth?....when did that happen.

They blew him up in his car. 3 times. Twice with RPGs and once with bullets. Robo didn't even have a scratch on him. And that's not even his best durability feat. Also, his mouth isn't really a mouth, he has a metal skull. It's like trying to put down the T-800 with bullets.

Kazenji
^

Armor piercing should fix that.

Time Immemorial
Ur all shit heads besdies Kaz, **** all yallsmile

Kazenji
Someone's had too much Red Cordial.

Time Immemorial
Someone's had too much Red Cordial.

Possiblysmile

Darkstorm Zero
Sounds like to me a stronger bullet is needed.

ED-209's assault cannons didn't punch through him.

Robo Cain's Shoulder cannon and minigun didn't do it either.

Your going to need something equivelant to the Cobra Assault Cannon or better to do the job, and the Lawgiver doesn't have that kind of firepower.

relentless1
Even though I think Dreads weaponry could hurt Robo, Robo has precise aim along with great durability and would take Dredd out before Dredd could do enough damage to matter

RJ 2.0
Good thing Judges don't have darksabers in the movies. Neither did Robo, but I gave them one too. Be mad.

Robo 1 goes down fast, he is slow moving and had his hand cut off by a katana. Darksaber is essentially a lightsaber. The Dredd's tag team him and slice him up.

Robo 2 will be a bit harder, obviously.

Kazenji
ED-209's assault cannons didn't punch through him.

Robo Cain's Shoulder cannon and minigun didn't do it either.

Your going to need something equivelant to the Cobra Assault Cannon or better to do the job, and the Lawgiver doesn't have that kind of firepower.

Armor piercing rounds should fix that.

RJ 2.0
Armor piercing rounds should fix that. yes

Robtard
LoL, no, you people. 1987 Robocop took hits from a ED-209 assault cannon and was only dented on the chest.

Both Robocops together utterly clean house here. Where new Robocop isn't as durable as skyscraper falling old Robocop, he makes that up with speed and agility. New Robocop also took several armor piercing rounds and while noticeably damaged, was still functional.

Let's also not forget that 1984 Robocop can effectively see people through walls with his infrared imaging, so he could potentially kill either Dredd from a safe position.

Psychotron
Armor piercing rounds should fix that.

LOL at AP rounds being more effective than ED 209's machine guns or Robocain's cannon.

Neither did Robo, but I gave them one too. Be mad.

Robo 1 goes down fast, he is slow moving and had his hand cut off by a katana. Darksaber is essentially a lightsaber. The Dredd's tag team him and slice him up.

Robo 2 will be a bit harder, obviously.

So they're supposed to use something that neither of them has ever used? Great thread.

Robtard
I lol'd at the "darksabre", first the Judges would have to get close enough to use them and both Robocop's have targeting systems. Second, they could potentially kill themselves, since neither Judge is Force-sensitive nor trained in the use of a lightsabre.

Stallone Judge would likely cut off his own hand, he was a bit of a bellend.

KingD19
I lol'd at the "darksabre", first the Judges would have to get close enough to use them and both Robocop's have targeting systems. Second, they could potentially kill themselves, since neither Judge is Force-sensitive nor trained in the use of a lightsabre.

The "Darksaber" was an ancient lightsaber. But it was actually shaped like a real sword. And the guy who used it was a non-Force User Mandalorian. However he'd had years to train with it. So just hacking around probably does end up hurting or maiming the Judges. The only one here who actually showed even using melee attacks really was OG Cop with his data spike.

Psychotron

Yeah, that too. Neither version of Dredd showed any skill with a sword, much less a "darksaber" (lel, who came up with this shit), and besides that Robocop 2014 is way too fast to be hit by them. Also, OG Robocop has ridiculous aiming feats, no one will get within 20 feet of him.

KingD19
Yeah, that too. Neither version of Dredd showed any skill with a sword, much less a "darksaber" (lel, who came up with this shit), and besides that Robocop 2014 is way too fast to be hit by them. Also, OG Robocop has ridiculous aiming feats, no one will get within 20 feet of him.

Let's also point out that the Dredd's didn't really move much faster than OG Robocop most of the time. I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying through most of the Judge's walked around slow and steady. Nu-Robo dances around them and has a targeting computer of his own that's probably in the same realm of speed and reliability as the old one.

Robtard
Both Judges had decent to good hand-to-hand skills and Urban used the butt of his gun to crush the windpipe of another Judge.

But either Judge entering into melee combat with a Robocop is effectively committing suicide.

Darkstorm Zero
LoL, no, you people. 1987 Robocop took hits from a ED-209 assault cannon and was only dented on the chest.

^This and:

LOL at AP rounds being more effective than ED 209's machine guns or Robocain's cannon.

^this.

I do not understand how my point could have been so badly missed. But RJ and Kaz somehow managed it.

sad

KingD19
^This and:

^this.

I do not understand how my point could have been so badly missed. But RJ and Kaz somehow managed it.

sad

It's easy to miss something when you ignore it because you don't like it.

RJ 2.0

So they're supposed to use something that neither of them has ever used? Great thread. Yup.

RJ 2.0

Stallone Judge would likely cut off his own hand, he was a bit of a bellend. Sorry, was Visla a force sensitive?

DarkSaint85
Dredds win.

Third Directive would be in effect.

RJ 2.0
thumb up

Robtard
Sorry, was Visla a force sensitive?

He had lots of training

Standard knowledge tells us that using a lightsabre and not being Force-sensitive and untrained is highly risky, since the plasma-blade has no real weight behind it, making it awkward and dangerous to the untrained

Stallone pulls it out and likely ignites the blade into his face while Urban and the two Robocops lol at his corpse

Psychotron
Sorry, was Visla a force sensitive?

He had training and experience with it unlike the Dredds.

RJ 2.0
He had lots of training

Standard knowledge tells us that using a lightsabre and not being Force-sensitive and untrained is highly risky, since the plasma-blade has no real weight behind it, making it awkward and dangerous to the untrained

Stallone pulls it out and likely ignites the blade into his face while Urban and the two Robocops lol at his corpse Lawlz, dude......Really?

RJ 2.0
He had training and experience with it unlike the Dredds. To activate the sword and swing it at Robo's head is easy. The training you speak of is not needed for that.

Psychotron
It is if they want to hit NuRobo. That guy's fast and agile as hell. In fact, he is so much stronger, faster, and more agile than either Dredd than I'm fairly sure he could solo them in a saber duel. His onboard computer system would compensate for the lack skill and the weightlessness of the blade.

DarkSaint85
Would his onboard computer not forbid him from harming officers of DA LAW???

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Not relevant in a vs match

Psychotron
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Different universe, different LAW. And not relevant in a vs. match.

RJ 2.0
It is if they want to hit NuRobo. That guy's fast and agile as hell. In fact, he is so much stronger, faster, and more agile than either Dredd than I'm fairly sure he could solo them in a saber duel. His onboard computer system would compensate for the lack skill and the weightlessness of the blade. This is why a smart strategy would be to take out old Robo first, then tag team New Robo. Plus Dredd/s has more than one type of ammo to use:

RAPID (Rapid fire)-Automatic firing mode. Not an actual ammo type but the mode in which the gun fires.
FMJ (Full Metal Jacket)-Standard round
AP (Armour Piercing)
INC (Incendiary)-Operates like a flare, bursts in mid-air igniting what it comes in contact.
HI-EX (High Explosive)-Grenade or demolition round capable of blowing a hole through concrete
Hotshot-Unknown properties used only once to kill a suspect scalding and melting his face when fired in his mouth.
Stun-Incapacitates target but does not kill.

Psychotron
This is why a smart strategy would be to take out old Robo first, then tag team New Robo. Plus Dredd/s has more than one type of ammo to use:

RAPID (Rapid fire)-Automatic firing mode. Not an actual ammo type but the mode in which the gun fires.
FMJ (Full Metal Jacket)-Standard round
AP (Armour Piercing)
INC (Incendiary)-Operates like a flare, bursts in mid-air igniting what it comes in contact.
HI-EX (High Explosive)-Grenade or demolition round capable of blowing a hole through concrete
Hotshot-Unknown properties used only once to kill a suspect scalding and melting his face when fired in his mouth.
Stun-Incapacitates target but does not kill.

None of those can hurt the original RPG-tanking Robocop, while he can casually headshot the Judges.

RJ 2.0
None of those can hurt the original RPG-tanking Robocop, while he can casually headshot the Judges. Think. Incendiary or HI EX rounds to the face, that will surely at least stun Robo.

KingD19
This is why a smart strategy would be to take out old Robo first, then tag team New Robo. Plus Dredd/s has more than one type of ammo to use:

So the high speed Robo ninja is gonna just sit there twiddling his thumbs while the Dredd's team up on the guy who can pop them while looking the other way and tanking all their attacks?

Robtard
Are we forgetting that 1987 Robocop can use his infrared to "see" the Dredds through walls, combine that with the cyborg's targeting system, 1987 being built like a tank and 2014 being fast/agile like a ninja, Dredds lose here

We also shouldn't forget that by that awful film Robocop 3, Murphy was upgraded to bullet catching reflexes

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by KingD19
So the high speed Robo ninja is gonna just sit there twiddling his thumbs while the Dredd's team up on the guy who can pop them while looking the other way and tanking all their attacks? Yes, this is exactly what I am saying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RJ 2.0
Are we forgetting that 1987 Robocop can use his infrared to "see" the Dredds through walls, combine that with the cyborg's targeting system, 1987 being built like a tank and 2014 being fast/agile like a ninja, Dredds lose here

We also shouldn't forget that by that awful film Robocop 3, Murphy was upgraded to bullet catching reflexes Dude, Old Robo is done here. Finished.

Yes, New Robo will be a challenge, but the two Dredd's working as a team will take him down. Darksaber blade>>>>>Robo armor. Incendiary round sets him ablaze (no, this will not kill him, but it will at the very least distract him), then the judges slice off his head.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a587/grammatonjedi/boom_zpsupja15da.jpg

Psychotron
Think. Incendiary or HI EX rounds to the face, that will surely at least stun Robo.

And why would they? His face is bolted on a metal skull. There's just no way Dredds can hurt Robocop with these weapons.

RJ 2.0
And why would they? His face is bolted on a metal skull. There's just no way Dredds can hurt Robocop with these weapons. I said stun. Stun, not hurt. While he is stunned, Dredd rushes in and slices off his head.

Psychotron
I said stun. Stun, not hurt. While he is stunned, Dredd rushes in and slices off his head.

If RPGs can't put a dent into Robocop, and if Cain's shoulder cannon can't stun him, then Hotshot and High Ex rounds won't do shit. It's far more likely that Robo will headshot them within seconds thanks to his OP targeting system.

RJ 2.0
If RPGs can't put a dent into Robocop, and if Cain's shoulder cannon can't stun him, then Hotshot and High Ex rounds won't do shit. It's far more likely that Robo will headshot them within seconds thanks to his OP targeting system.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/58435

A single well placed round from a KID stunned Robo for a few seconds.

A Hi Ex round will stun him for even longer. Long enough for Dredd to slice his head off.

Robtard

A Hi Ex round will stun him for even longer. Long enough for Dredd to slice his head off.

EPIC FAIL

Robocop wasn't stunned from the shot which caused no damage, he was stunned because it was a child who shot him and he was conflicted between his programming telling him to kill an armed assailant and his humanity telling him to not murder a child

It's like you people don't even Robocop at all. Not even a little bit

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/robocop-peter-weller.jpg

Psychotron

"Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States"

RJ 2.0
EPIC FAIL

Robocop wasn't stunned from the shot which caused no damage, he was stunned because it was a child who shot him and he was conflicted between his programming telling him to kill an armed assailant and his humanity telling him to not murder a child

It's like you people don't even Robocop at all. Not even a little bit

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/robocop-peter-weller.jpg Nah, it stunned him and good. His visuals went haywire for a few seconds. It's right there in the vid, don't try to ignore it.

Here's Robo after Dredd gets through slicing him up:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a587/grammatonjedi/robocop2-04_zpsbvqy3uyx.jpg

Psychotron
That seemed like a lucky shot that hit Robo's optics. Good luck replicating that, especially when Robocop's more likely to shoot them first.

RJ 2.0
That seemed like a lucky shot that hit Robo's optics. Good luck replicating that, especially when Robocop's more likely to shoot them first. Lawlz, so now some kid is a better shot than Dredd?

You're done. Jedi said ya done.

KingD19
So basically RJ is ignoring the fact that one Robocop is faster than everybody here. And the other is a faster quickdraw than both Dredds. Also both Robocops have extremely powerful targeting computers that can see through walls and new Cop can guess what they'll do and how they'll react if I recall.

So basically the guys with all the advantages are the ones who lose...because he wants them to.

RJ 2.0
So basically RJ is ignoring the fact that one Robocop is faster than everybody here. And the other is a faster quickdraw than both Dredds. Also both Robocops have extremely powerful targeting computers that can see through walls and new Cop can guess what they'll do and how they'll react if I recall.

So basically the guys with all the advantages are the ones who lose...because he wants them to. I already explained how the faster Robo is dealt with.

And no, Robo is no uber quickdraw.

Psychotron
Lawlz, so now some kid is a better shot than Dredd?

You're done. Jedi said ya done.

laughing Do you know what luck is?

KingD19
I already explained how the faster Robo is dealt with.

And no, Robo is no uber quickdraw.

That's right. He just stands still and lets the Dredd's shoot him. That was basically it right?

RJ 2.0
laughing Do you know what luck is? Dredd does not deal in luck.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a587/grammatonjedi/4-Dredd-la-legge-sono-io-stallone-judge-dredd_zps44e0arcl.jpg

Dredd makes headshots like it's his job.

RJ 2.0
That's right. He just stands still and lets the Dredd's shoot him. That was basically it right? Heat seekers, dude.

Robtard
Nah, it stunned him and good. His visuals went haywire for a few seconds. It's right there in the vid, don't try to ignore it.

Nope. Was another scene telling us about his internal conflicts between program and humanity, ie man vs machine. Notice how that kid brought back memories of his own child and he was conflicted. How did you miss this? <--- rhetorical question

RJ 2.0
Nope. Was another scene telling us about his internal conflicts between program and humanity, ie man vs machine. How did you miss this? Lol the bullet stunned him, dude. Twist it around any way you want, he was stunned.

Tell you what, quote a scene where Robo tanked an explosive round to the face and it didn't even faze him.

Robtard
Lol the bullet stunned him, dude. Twist it around any way you want, he was stunned.

Tell you what, quote a scene where Robo tanked an explosive round to the face and it didn't even faze him.

LoL! He's been shot in the head MANY times, the drug-lab in the first film alone he had bullets raining down on him without an issue. The kid being a kid was the issue.

Name a scene where a like explosive round fazed him?

You're also forgetting that OG Robocop would easily catch that round between his fingers if he wanted. LoL!

RJ 2.0
LoL! He's been shot in the head MANY times, the drug-lab in the first film alone he had bullets raining down on him without an issue. The kid being a kid was the issue.

Name a scene where a like explosive round fazed him?

You're also forgetting that OG Robocop would easily catch that round between his fingers. LoL!

The shot rocked Robo's head, and caused his vision to go haywire for a few seconds. It did so because it was a well placed shot with e .50 cal pistol.

I get it, Robo was conflicted, everyone gets that. Fact remains....well, what I said above.

Be mad.

Robtard
The shot rocked Robo's head, and caused his vision to go haywire for a few seconds. It did so because it was a well placed shot with e .50 cal pistol.

I get it, Robo was conflicted, everyone gets that. Fact remains....well, what I said above.

Be mad.

LoL, no. The Kid, programming conflicts, his humanity.

Why would I be mad when Robocop can kill either Judge through walls and catch their bullets between his finger tips if he wanted. OG Robocop could solo the Judges, he doesn't need new ninja-Robo

KingD19

Why would I be mad when Robocop can kill either Judge through walls and catch their bullets between his finger tips if he wanted. OG Robocop could solo the Judges, he doesn't need new ninja-Robo

Clearly RJ want's the judges to win...so they win...for some reason. Right? Isn't that how his threads work? roll eyes (sarcastic)

RJ 2.0

So you ignored the facts I presented to you? Typical.

Coupla questions:

1. Was Robo's head rocked back by the shot?

2. Was Robo's vision affected by the shot?

And lol at Robo catching a HI EX round between his fingers. Lol, dude.

Dredd is not amused.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a587/grammatonjedi/4-Dredd-la-legge-sono-io-stallone-judge-dredd_zps44e0arcl.jpg

Psychotron
Dredd does not deal in luck.

Dredd makes headshots like it's his job.

And Robo's aim feats are >>>>>> Dredd.

gg

RJ 2.0
And Robo's aim feats are >>>>>> Dredd.

gg Too bad with the weapons involved, Dredd>>>>>Robo.

Robtard
So you ignored the facts I presented to you? Typical.

Coupla questions:

1. Was Robo's head rocked back by the shot?

2. Was Robo's vision affected by the shot?

And lol at Robo catching a HI EX round between his fingers. Lol, dude.

Dredd is not amused.

Nope. You're adding to the scene, ignoring Robocops feats and missing the point as usual

LoL. He's tanked greater explosions than a tiny bullet-sized bomb

Silent Master
He's using one of abhi's favorite tactics, take a low showing and pretend that it's a characters average, any attempt to show better feats will either be ignored or written off as PIS.

Psychotron
Too bad with the weapons involved, Dredd>>>>>Robo.

Except no, a single headshot would kill either Dredd, it woudn't do shit to Robocop.

Robtard
So to sum up the pro-Dredd argument:

Urban's going to shoot OG Robo in the head, which will stun him long enough for Stallone to run up and cut him in half with a "darksabre" (LoL), all before OG Robo kills either Judge with his 100% accuracy shots and apparently while the new Robocop stands still and does nothing

Psychotron
So to sum up the pro-Dredd argument:

Urban's going to shoot OG Robo in the head, which will stun him long enough for Stallone to run up and cut him in half with a "darksabre" (LoL), all before OG Robo kills either Judge with his 100% accuracy shots and apparently while the new Robocop stands still and does nothing

I guess that's a realistic fight in RJ land.

YFZ 350
Robocop wins.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Silent Master
He's using one of abhi's favorite tactics, take a low showing and pretend that it's a characters average, any attempt to show better feats will either be ignored or written off as PIS. All feats must be considered. Low and high. If that kid can aim well enough to stun Robo, then Dredd can. With a much more powerful round. Tell you what, quote ALL scenes where Robo took a round where that kid shot him.

Nope. You're adding to the scene, ignoring Robocops feats and missing the point as usual

LoL. He's tanked greater explosions than a tiny bullet-sized bomb No, I am quoting the scene as it happened.

An explosion is not the same as a well placed bullet to his dome.

His head was rocked by the shot and he was stunned. Nothing you say will change this.

KingD19
If we consider all feats, both Robocop's have multiple bodies falling to single shots that were more maneuverable and faster than either Dredd.

RJ 2.0
And then we have Robo stunned by one bullet to his head.

KingD19
They'd have to be able to shoot him before either OG Robo or Nu-Robo took them out. Which everybody here knows won't happen. Even you know it, you just ignore it because you're RJ.

Psychotron
RJ's lowballing is ridiculous.

Darkstorm Zero
Damned forum swallowed my reply...

RJ 2.0
They'd have to be able to shoot him before either OG Robo or Nu-Robo took them out. Which everybody here knows won't happen.

Just cuz, eh? Love how you resorted to "just cuz." Shows that I have once again defeated you.

Lol, sure.

Horus1
I'd give this to the Murphys, OG is a tank, and new school is a mechanized ninja. The Dredds are cool, and all, but I don't think they can take them both out with all the tools at their disposal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.