Movie Theaters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Have you ever gotten in a fight with someone in a movie theater? Either verbal or physical, whats the story and how did it turn out?

Quincy
When my buddy and I saw "The Raid" there were only two other groups in the theater.

One of them nearest us was 3 generations, a teen, his dad, and his dads dad. The two old men kept explaining to each other what was happening on screen.

"Oh he's got a hammer now!"

"Oh wait...is he going to hit him with the hammer?"

and so on and so forth.

This continued to happen for some time until my friend next to me asked them to keep it down. They refused.

After continuing to speak up, both of us asked them to be quiet, at which point the father turned and said

"Look buddy - you guys dont like our commentary, you can go somewhere else."

And that's when the third group across the theater spoke up

"Actually we can hear it too."

And the father shut up quickly and apologized.

Time Immemorial
Damn thats a good one, so the pricks didnt wanna shut up, then when you had backup, they stfu.

I was watching the latest hobbit back in december, and the people next too us were talking and one girl pulled out a nail file and started filing her nails.

I said "are you really gonna do that" the boyfriend just sat there and didn't say a word. I almost wanted to say, "you put up with that dude!."

But she stopped doing the dumb shit and put it away.

Lord Lucien
This is why I don't go to the movies much.

P-Geyser
I personally haven't, but I have seen two people getting ready to go at it physically. A friend and I were at the movies, and this Douche decided he wanted to make a phone call, and put it on speaker so WE ALL can listen. The guy sitting in front of the Douche, asked him to please take it outside. The Douche got angered by this, because god forbid someone is telling him to keep the noise down and take it outside.

The gentleman and the Douche were then about to go at it, until a few of the other movie goers(myself and my friend included)had to interject until security arrived. Because of this, we missed a good portion of the movie. mad

Time Immemorial
Sounds from the two other stories here whoever is in the wrong ends up getting ganged up on by others and told to shut up.

BackFire
No. I've politely asked people to keep it down, and they always have.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by BackFire
No. I've politely asked people to keep it down, and they always have.

Yes while you have a gun to their head.

Tzeentch
Me and my family are usually the ones being loud and black in the theater.

Watching the Hobbit, it was such a terrible film that my sister and I spent most of it just laughing and snickering at all the fail dialogue and cheesy moments. I remember a dude telling us to shut up in the theater for John Carter- we'd spent the first half of the movie predicting out loud what was going to happen next, who was going to die or be a bad guy etc.

BackFire
You are one of the people I would have politely asked to be quiet.

Tzeentch
Yeah... I can't even be mad. It's pretty ****ed up. lol

Esau Cairn
Funniest incident but still annoying...

A guy in the front stood up & yelled at a group of rowdy teens in the back-row to quieten down.
Then someone who had nothing to do with the guy or the rowdy group, yelled out, "Don't be a hero!" to the guy standing up.

Within 30 secs the entire audience was chanting, "HERO! HERO! HERO!"

Time Immemorial
You are one of the people I would have politely asked to be quiet.

What if he said no?

Adam_PoE
Halfway through Deliver Us From Evil, a man five seats to my left began playing on his phone. He was so indiscreet that I could see he was checking the score of the game, texting a friend, and browsing the internet.

After several minutes of this, I stood up, illuminated the screen on my phone, and pointed it at him like a flashlight. He turned and looked at me, and I said, "See this? Yeah, we can see yours too, *******. Get off your phone."

The people behind me clapped, and after a few minutes, he left the theater and did not come back.

BackFire
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
What if he said no?

Then I'd go tell management that you are being disruptive and they would probably kick you out.

Tzeentch
What if management was robtard, and he told you to **** off?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch

laughing laughing

BackFire
Originally posted by Tzeentch

The answer is obvious, at that point I'd rape his loved ones.

Tzeentch
thumb up

Robtard
I've told several loud people/groups to quiet down through the years, typically they'll apologize and be quiet or they'll not respond but be quiet anyways. Few times they grumbled back but ended up shutting up anyways.

One incident and looking back I should have handled it differently. Opening night of The Two Towers, theater was packed/sold out. About 5-6 rows ahead of me a group of about 12 late teen girls would loudly cheer and clap whenever Aragorn, Gimli and/or Legolas did something and I mean just about anything; especially Legolas, he kills an orc *clapping*, he makes some snide comment to Gimli *clapping*, he makes some face *swooning + clapping*, this went on for about 20-25mins. At that point I had enough, so yelled fairly loudly "shut the **** up, I can't hear the ****ing film. You sound like a bunch of clapping retards". Friend next to and and several other people throughout the theater busted out laughing for a a few seconds. Needless to say, the theater was quiet from that point on.

Time Immemorial
The answer is obvious, at that point I'd rape his loved ones.

Rob is my cousin though..so which loved ones will you be raping and in what order?

Impediment
It's opening night of "The Dark Knight" and the entire room is filled to the brim. Two rows in front of me, some douche bag of a mom brought her INFANT into the room. Not a toddler; an INFANT IN AN EFFING CAR SEAT. This tw@t brought her infant to a loud ass movie with explosions and effects and......she thinks it's okay? Cue to when Joker makes his appearance in the meeting room and performs his magic trick. This little crotch dropping won't quit crying, so I stand up and shout "Take that crying baby outside! We're all trying to watch a movie for god's sake!" She turns around and gives me a dirty look, but somebody else took initiative and shouted to her, as well. She quietly walked out.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Impediment
This little crotch dropping won't quit crying, so I stand up and shout "Take that crying baby outside! We're all trying to watch a movie for god's sake!" She turns around and gives me a dirty look, but somebody else took initiative and shouted to her, as well. She quietly walked out.

laughing laughing

SayWhat
At the drive inn this past autumn some black kids thought they were going to cut in the bathroom line and said um, no, the end of the line is over there.
They started complaining they are black and get do anything they want. They did go back to the end of the line and when there dad or some other adult of their party was told what happened, they were giving me dirty looks.

Hey dudes, part of civilized society is taking your turns, just cuz prez is black, you don't get to do whatever.

They were probably surprised a white person told them the rules of how things work in a civilized society.

Quincy
There was this pretty awesome time for the midnight showing of Avengers I think it was.

Everybody was obviously seated super early and just waiting for the previews to start, when this older man stood up in the front row, turned around and pointed at all of us. And he said

"Shame on all of you! All of you are here for Avengers and NONE of you showed up for John Carter!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.