Ven Zallow vs. Shaak Ti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

AncientPower
Ti takes an edge in sabers and a huge margin in the Force.

Stigma
Ti takes it.

ILS
Zallow would outduel her.

Nephthys
Zallow.

carthage
Zallow

zEniX
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ti takes an edge in sabers and a huge margin in the Force.

Where in the heck are you getting this information? Just seems like random claims to me.

carthage
Its his personal opinion that's why smile

zEniX
Obviously its just nice when opinions are based on something. If his actually is, I really would like to know, but I'm not holding my breath.

S_W_LeGenD
Zallow

Trocity
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Zallow

chilled monkey
Shaak Ti wins this one.

What you have to remember is that Zallow was accustomed to fighting on the battlefield. His fighting style was textbook Ataru. Nothing innately wrong with this but it does make him somewhat predictable. This isn't his fault, he had to "stick to what worked" as the front lines didn't give him room to try anything new as one mistake would have gotten him killed. Also his focus on aggressive attacks meant to rapidly kill large numbers of foes comes at the cost of stamina.

Shaak Ti by comparison is an expert in a blend of Ataru and Makashi. This means that while she can quickly figure Zallow out he will not be able to figure out her unique style anywhere near as fast. Also her Makashi skills grant her superior finesse, precision and efficiency.

Additionally Ti is far better as a combative Force-user. Zallow's only offensive use of the Force was to blast Elena with a Force Push. Ti has not only done the same thing against MagnaGuards and General Grievous (both far physically stronger than Elena), but she has also displayed greater variety and precision. For example when she subtly used the Force to tie Grievous' cape to a train.

In short, Ti's less predictable and more energy efficient fighting style, plus her superior ability to use the Force in battle give her the win.

Watch this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5W4GYh6QRE

Not only is it a lot of fun its also very enlightening.

|King Joker|
I think chilled monkey is Jensaarai1 in disguise

chilled monkey
Originally posted by |King Joker|

No, I'm just a huge fan of his. His channel was what got me into Star Wars VS. Videos.

|King Joker|
That's exactly what Jensaarai1 would say!

ILS
Zallow is clearly accustomed to 1v1 fights given his ability to fight evenly with Malgus for an extended period of time. Lolworthy.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ILS
Zallow is clearly accustomed to 1v1 fights given his ability to fight evenly with Malgus for an extended period of time. Lolworthy.

Sure he's capable but it doesn't change the facts. He lived in an era that required him to fight predominantly on the front lines so that's what his personal style focuses on. Is he still formidable against single foes? Of course he is, but it HAS to take second place.

Plus, he's still a textbook Ataru user and thus is somewhat predictable (again this is no disgrace). Shaak Ti's style is more refined and customised and thus harder to figure out. This is indisputable.

Is Zallow a formidable foe? Heck yeah, but Shaak Ti is just better as a duellist and a combative Force-user due to the circumstances of her career and the era she lived in. You just need to apply common sense and logic.

ILS
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Sure he's capable but it doesn't change the facts. He lived in an era that required him to fight predominantly on the front lines so that's what his personal style focuses on. Is he still formidable against single foes? Of course he is, but it HAS to take second place.

Plus, he's still a textbook Ataru user and thus is somewhat predictable (again this is no disgrace). Shaak Ti's style is more refined and customised and thus harder to figure out. This is indisputable.

Is Zallow a formidable foe? Heck yeah, but Shaak Ti is just better as a duellist and a combative Force-user due to the circumstances of her career and the era she lived in. You just need to apply common sense and logic. 1. Claiming that Zallow is an inferior 1 on 1 duelist to Shaak Ti because he "predominantly fought on the front lines" is ridiculous for more reasons than I can point out. Firstly, it isn't proof of anything - what would be proof is actual proof that Shaak Ti is better than him, not meaningless conjecture. Secondly, Shaak Ti was a high general in the clone wars - you know, that fight where Jedi predominantly fought droids? At least Zallow was fodderizing Sith. If we go by your logic then Shaak is even less suited to single combat. Thirdly, you're acting like there is nothing to indicate that Zallow could be as good as the next Jedi in regards to strictly 1v1 dueling - there is. He fought Darth Malgus - an expert duelist in any regard - to a near-standstill. That alone is proof that he both has no issue with 1v1 duels, and is above Shaak Ti.

2. "Textbook Ataru user"? Have you actually got any kind of source material to back up the notion that both pure Ataru duelists, and Zallow himself, are predictable? Ataru is a form that is well suited to single combat, and isn't at all predictable in it's nature. Sure, Shaak Ti has an extra form at her disposal - who cares? Feats are what matter, and Shaak's are lagging behind. Nonsense like who knows more lightsaber forms and who "predominantly fought on the frontlines" has no bearing on how good characters are. They're absolutely ridiculous methods of assessing dueling ability.

3. ROFL. Common sense and logic doesn't dictate that the era a character lives in determines their individual dueling ability. That is just ridiculous. I don't give two shits who fought more fodder on the frontlines (although speedblitzing Sith warriors is more impressive than Ti taking her time with single MagnaGuards, but moving on), what's important is what each character has accomplished as a duelist.

Zallow has fought as a near equal for Darth Malgus, and became his most famous kill. This was Darth Malgus 28 years after the Battle of Korriban. Even at that point, Malgus was considered one of the best warriors in the Empire, and had enough dueling ability to take out Kao Cen Darach, the Jedi Battlemaster (who was slightly fatigued albeit, but clearly not too much. Malgus is a physical monster). In between then, and his fight with Zallow, Malgus fought in countless battles, came close to killing Satele Shan, and fodderized numerous Jedi even in an extremely injured state, so he clearly had enough time and experience to seriously improve as a fighter. Also, Zallow being regarded as Malgus's most famous kill elevates him above Kao Cen Darach, who was both the Jedi Battlemaster and skilled enough to engage Malgus and Vindican simultaneously, making Darach an incredible skilled individual and Zallow even more so. Furthermore, Zallow speedblitzing Sith warriors individually and even in duos is also incredibly impressive (there's also apparently a source stating these Sith were the best in the Empire, although it's yet to be produced).

Shaak Ti has defeated individual MagnaGuards with trouble, taken out six/seven MGs with a staff in-part due to their inability to defend against her unorthodox, direct assualt (as per Labyrinth of Evil), held off Grievous briefly while exhausted, although ultimately getting stomped, and nearly defeated Galen Marek in a light sided environment which was weakening Galen and presumably strengthening or keeping Ti neutral at least. What's also worth noting is that Galen had part of his attention focused on the Sarlacc throughout the fight, which diminishes the showing.

Sorry, Zallow is a better duelist.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ILS whooping some ass, here.

I'm convinced. Zallow wins.

AncientPower
Originally posted by |King Joker|

I hope that is a joke.

Just kidding, Plagueis needs some pretty desperate respect these days.

carthage
Maybe a crossover vid of Jensaarai and Nova

HELLOOO YOUTUBEEEE

SHAAK TI VS DARTH PLAGUEIS

ILS
Ti too graceful tbh

zEniX
Originally posted by carthage
SHAAK TI VS DARTH PLAGUEIS

You cannot be serious

Lord Stark
Shaak Ti

gideongarner01

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.