Star Wars sequal trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
So, I think it's safe to start a thread of any new star wars here. Will ep7 honor the eu or will say the thrawn trilogy still be safe?

queeq
Yup, no Thrawn for sure.

Q99
It has confirmed that the EU is not being factored in to the sequel trilogy.

Really, even Thrawn trilogy has some silly stuff I'd want gone, and it's handling of the Clone Wars and even the force doesn't really match up that well with the movies (Joruus mind controlling thousands). If you aren't going to do the movies based on the Thrawn trilogy, then including their plot in canon just makes things harder.

Now, it wouldn't surprise me if you saw some winks, like a blue admiral, but it won't be the same story.

NewGuy01
Yeah, no Thrawn, 100%.

Besides, it takes place 30 years after ROTJ; Thrawn was about 5 years afterward.

DARTH POWER
Actually Thrawn can be in it, because they can borrow anything from the Old EU they like. It would just be in the context of a completely different story and continutiy.

So the fact that Thrawn was around in the EU only 5 years after ROTJ has zero effect on whether he can appear in Ep.7 thirty years after ROTJ.

All that being said, I doubt he will be in it. Abrams and Kasdan probably wanted to come up with their own Original Villain(s).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.