TCW Kenobi vs. Darth Malgus vs. Ulic Qel Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Lightsabers only

*TV show feats for Kenobi only

*False Emperor Malgus iteration

Battle takes place on neutral ground

Lord Stark
Kenobi is out of his depth here.

FreshestSlice
Malgus, and yeah, not sure why Kenobi is here, even in sabers only.

Nephthys
Malgus or Ulic, unsure.

ILS
Do people really think Obi-Wan has no chance of winning? o.O

FreshestSlice
With only feats from TCW? Yeah, no chance.

ILS
Not sure why.. he should be just as skilled during TCW as he is in the EU. His physical feats aren't on par, I guess, but he can contend in terms of skill, for sure.

FreshestSlice
Constantly being tooled by Dooku, in sabers mind you, isn't really a feat that puts him par with Malgus or Droma. Honestly, RotS Kenobi would be a better fit here, and even then I'd still question if he'd win.

ILS
Being an equal match for Maul, and being able to hold him and Savage off temporarily, is enough to say he can contend here. Not sure if the Dooku argument works - Dooku is very good at picking apart duos.

FreshestSlice
How is Kenobi a match for Maul? He took advantage of the tight spaces, something Maul's Judo is at a disadvantage in. The same Kenobi loses to Savage not so much later. As for the later part, it's more about a showing of feats than an argument of Kenobi's incompetence. Based on feats alone, I don't see him beating Malgus or Droma.

ILS
Because whenever they've fought without circumstance, neither has taken a substantial edge. Kenobi got the better of Maul in the cave because of spacing issues and his unorthodox use of Jar'kai, Maul got the better of Kenobi after causing him to succumb to Dun Moch. Outside of that they've been pretty equal.

And Kenobi has never lost to Savage on fair terms.

Stigma
The question is: how inferior, or if CW Kenobi is inferior to his RotS self.

ILS
He can't of improved enough for it to matter much.

Stigma
I am of similar opinion, actually.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
Because whenever they've fought without circumstance, neither has taken a substantial edge. Kenobi got the better of Maul in the cave because of spacing issues and his unorthodox use of Jar'kai, Maul got the better of Kenobi after causing him to succumb to Dun Moch. Outside of that they've been pretty equal.

I can see that. However Maul holding of Mace and Aayla is not something I see Kenobi doing.

Meh.

ILS
Both Maul and Savage are superior to Aayla substantially, whilst Mace is above both of them, but not too far ahead of Maul and less physically imposing than Savage. So, Kenobi holding off those two suggests to me he could have similar success to Maul in that situation. His form is useful for putting up a staunch defence against duos, as well.

I'm not really sure who wins here, but I feel Kenobi needs more credit.

carthage
Still not sure for this one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.