Indiana Pratt?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i.imgur.com/i8zYiT3.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/GHGSJsR0Vqgx.jpg

I like Pratt, from well before Guardians, but not super excited by this. it could work i guess...

roughrider
Bradley Cooper seemed to be the choice for Disney before this. I wonder who would be better...

Dr Will Hatch
Heard good idea. Keep Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. Have Chris Pratt be Indy's other son, Montana Jones. Have Montana Jones/Pratt kill Shia LaBeouf. Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

riv6672
Originally posted by roughrider
Bradley Cooper seemed to be the choice for Disney before this. I wonder who would be better...
I'm still holding out for Patton Oswalt but, i prefer Cooper to Pratt, all things considered.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Heard good idea. Keep Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. Have Chris Pratt be Indy's other son, Montana Jones. Have Montana Jones/Pratt kill Shia LaBeouf. Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Or they could have it set back when Indy is in his younger days obviously with a different actor.

riv6672
Indiana Jones Chronicles style?

Kazenji
Yeah have it set after Temple of Doom & before Last Crusade, There's like 4 years between those events

or even after Last Crusade and Before Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

queeq
OMG... all this reviving stuff.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah have it set after Temple of Doom & before Last Crusade, There's like 4 years between those events

or even after Last Crusade and Before Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Not a bad idea...thumb up

queeq
Yes it is.

riv6672
Why?
Its no worse than any ideas coming out of Hollywood right now.

Kazenji
Originally posted by queeq
Yes it is.

How would you do it?.....instead of just complaining about it.

queeq
I would leave it alone, to be honest. And Riv is right, it's like any idea coming out of Hollywood. Indy never was that. So it's a wrong starting point.

But if... IF you want to go on, you'd probably have to reboot the lot. I mean, I don't need an old Harrison Ford playing more Indy's. I always wanted to BE Indy, I didn't need to SEE Indy. So an old Ford is out of the question for me.

And then start over? Well, apart from the fact that I think it's a bad idea, it all comes down to starting at the basic: nazi's and a good McGuffin. But the McGuffin is the hard part.

Atlantis would be nice, but the topic itself is mwah...prolly not very original. I dunno. Noah's Ark maybe? You need something big, some major myth or magical artefact. Garden of Eden maybe...

And then of course, a damn fine actor.

riv6672
So basically its not really a bad idea, you just dont like it. Thats cool.

queeq
It was a very good idea in the 80s. wink

Now, I fear it will be a CGI fest with unconvincing actors, action and plot lines... The only reason they milk it is because of the money. Not because of the kind of movie they wanna make, like Lucas en Spielberg did at the time. That is why I think it's a bad idea.

riv6672
Still just sounds like you dont like it.

If you really think the IJ movies and sequels werent motivated by wanting to make money, well, you have some rose tinted glasses going on. stick out tongue

queeq
Of course they were, but not with the idea of: what can we do to make a lot of money. They thought: wouldn't it be a good idea to do some 50s serial like movie!

Now the idea is: how can we milk the franchise?

There is a difference.

And yes, I still don't like it. Unless a good reboot convinces me otherwise.

riv6672
K.

Kazenji
Steven Spielberg May Direct Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones

http://www.superherohype.com/news/330927-steven-spielberg-may-direct-chris-pratt-as-indiana-jones

riv6672
All i can say is, get TO it, Spielberg! You're no spring chicken yourself!

Kazenji
At least he won't have Lucas sticking his noise in things.

queeq
You never know...

riv6672
Nooice.

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_1080,w_1920/t_mp_quality/chris-pratt-indiana-jones-chris-pratt-should-not-be-indiana-jones-jpeg-284031.jpg

Genesis-Soldier
indiana pratt wouldn't be the worst to come out thou

queeq
Just because he kinda looks like a young Harrison Ford, doesn't mean he has the personality for an engaging Indy.

Genesis-Soldier
he has done well enough to show seriousness and a bit of sexyness in jurassic world

riv6672
Originally posted by queeq
Just because he kinda looks like a young Harrison Ford, doesn't mean he has the personality for an engaging Indy.
That was my point when i made the thread.
The choice didnt excite me.
Still, the above is a nice piece of artwork.

Kazenji
Steven Spielberg won't allow anyone but Harrison Ford to be Indiana Jones

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/steven-spielberg-wont-allow-anyone-but-harrison-ford-to-be-indiana-jones-225

riv6672
He's got every right to do that i suppose.
At his age, with his wealth, i'm thinking maybe he doesnt care about rebooting the franchise and making it viable for another 10-15 years.

In honor of those not getting the part, today my sig is of the best possible casting choice they could have gone with: Patton Oswalt.

Kazenji
In that link he compares it to Batman or Spider-Man changing the actor, Shouldn't be done in Indy's case

but what about James Bond??....that's worked out.

riv6672
Its obviously not what he wants for the character though.
One difference between Indy and Bond/Spidey/Bats...they all started out in print.
Indy is basically an original concept that was brought to life by Ford.

Kazenji
Thought of another example, the character of Mad Max.

riv6672
What about him?

Kazenji
He never existed on page like Bond/Spidey/Bats, Started off with Mel Gibson playing him and they switched him to Tom Hardy.

Shadow_King
Does it really matter what spielberg says??? Disney owns the right don't they...they can just get chris pratt or someone else and get a new director/writer???

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
He never existed on page like Bond/Spidey/Bats, Started off with Mel Gibson playing him and they switched him to Tom Hardy.
True, but that character has nothing to do with Spielberg.
I was just putting a possible "why" as to Spielberg being adamant on no new Indy.

queeq
It basically comes down to this: if they want Spielberg to direct, he's gonna want to have Ford.

riv6672
Uh huh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.