Malgus vs. Bane and Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
These are:
False emperor Malgus, DoE Bane and SF Malak.

Neutral setting. No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

ILS
Depends, Malgus has a good shot of winning if he can successfully incorporate Bane into his lightsaber sequences by wielding him like a shoto saber. If he can't turn Bane into a melee weapon then Bane may be able to run enough interference for Malak to secure some wins.

carthage
He isnt beating them both at once

Malgus could stomp Bane with zero difficulty, but add in Malak and the team takes it imo.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
Depends, Malgus has a good shot of winning if he can successfully incorporate Bane into his lightsaber sequences by wielding him like a shoto saber. If he can't turn Bane into a melee weapon then Bane may be able to run enough interference for Malak to secure some wins. laughing

ILS
Stop laughing I'm being dead serious.

carthage
Malgus could easily ragdoll Bane though

ILS
Bane's cueball is the perfect size for hitting golf balls with

carthage
If Bane wins its because of his baldness not his actual superiority in combat

ILS
LMFAO

DarthAnt66
Malak can directly challenge Malgus alone.

carthage
He'd put up a better fight than Bane for sure.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Malak can directly challenge Malgus alone.

http://i.imgur.com/udJi8.png

carthage
Malak fighting Revan >>> Trainee Bane beating Trainee Sirak

DarthAnt66
*any combat feat of Bane's.

carthage
thumb up

zEniX
Team without any problems Bane > Malgus tbh.

carthage
Other than being a sponge for nexus energy, Malgus is better than Bane in just about everything.

But an amped Malak tips the scales.

zEniX
Okay so other than just stating that what is your evidence?

ILS
Originally posted by zEniX
Team without any problems Bane > Malgus tbh. erm

carthage
Malgus for dueling skill has gotten the best of Satele Shan twice, beaten Kao Cen Darach, beaten Ven Zallow, beaten Aryn Leneer twice, and held his own against the strike team in the False Emperor Flashpoint. Bane has beaten no one without orbalisks or a nexus amp ever, apart from trainee Sirak and dueled evenly with Zannah who has only beaten Set Harth

For telekinesis Malgus has blown away tons of duracreet and durasteel buildings collapsed on him, choked out the strike team sent to attack him, sent Hero/Wrath/Nox/Barsen flying, stalled a ship with telekinesis until the engines whined, sent hoards of people flying and still had enough lurch his ship while it was flying, destroyed ships by overloading the fuel canisters with force scream, cracked transparisteel with force scream, toppled a pillar with force scream, sent Aryn Leneer flying, ragdolled Jedi during the Battle of coruscant, and hurled a boulder that blocked a mountain path.

Bane has only broken tents, boxes, and killed Qordis, killed non force sensitives on Ambria, and blasted Zannah back with a force scream unaided and of his own power.

Malgus is physically stronger than Bane. Malgus has cracked a marble pillar, broken tables, kicked Zallow hard enough to smash through stone, shattered duracreet while jumping from his ship, smashed pillars dueling Adraas, smashed away heavy machine parts hurled by Kao Cen Darach, and sent Jedi flying with a single kick. Bane has only mashed a skull without a nexus amp.

Malgus has tanked thermal detonators with barrier, Bane has no barrier feats off of a darkside world.

zEniX
Lol @ Malgus being physically stronger than Bane, but I concede the general point but only by a slim margin. For the most part though you need to compare the book Malgus to book Bane. Use the same medium whenever possible.

Nephthys
Team without any problems Bane > Malgus tbh.

thumb up

carthage
Lol @ Malgus being physically stronger than Bane, but I concede the general point but only by a slim margin. For the most part though you need to compare the book Malgus to book Bane. Use the same medium whenever possible.

Bane has no strength feats to compare to Malgus. He was amped by the darkside energies of the Stone prison for all of his feats then. He also admitted to growing older and weaker at the beginning of the book

zEniX
He is also described physically large and strong in a way that no other human character in the Star Wars universe is

carthage
Malgus is physically large too, how exactly would his frame mean anything when he has inferior feats listed to the ones listed for Malgus? Bane also admitted to growing older and weaker at the beginning of Dynasty of Evil.

All this is besides the point however, while Malgus could easily trash Bane in any setting he can't do so with an amped Malak who would be performing the brunt of the fighting and who poses the largest threat.

Bane could provide a distraction before dying until Malak comes into play.

Nephthys
Zenix, I wouldn't bother with carthage. He seriously hates Bane and see's him as pathetic and nothing you say will change his mind on that.

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
Zenix, I wouldn't bother with carthage. He seriously hates Bane and see's him as pathetic and nothing you say will change his mind on that.

All I did was provide him with feats, as opposed to the erroneous info you always post in your usual discussions. It isn't relevant to me whether he believes me or not, only that I provide actual evidence that Malgus is superior.

ILS
Zenix, I wouldn't bother with Neph. He seriously thinks Bane is the second coming of Christ and nothing you say will change his mind on that.

ChaosTheory123
You guys put way too much emphasis on comparing strength feats when rakghouls can punch through steel walls and a weakened Khem Val can pulverize rock walls with a punch

Both feats of which kind of shit on anything either Malgus or Bane has accomplished strength wise if you're going to cherry pick the rather pitiful strength feats the mythos has anyway

carthage
Baby Rakghoul >>> Darth Malgus confirmed.

zEniX

Ya I'm beginning to realize that. Kid thinks feats in sensationalized sources like video games and comics is holy.The books are written with pretty much everyone except Abeloth and Vitiate down to earth power wise compared to comic and game characters. Hence basically any star wars character in a game or comic > star wars characters who don't appear in those mediums. Which is bs as the book writers take this shit far more seriously and put a lot more care into it.

ILS
fax

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by carthage
Baby Rakghoul >>> Darth Malgus confirmed.

So long as you're consistent :maybe

EDIT - To be fair, this was a feat from a fully grown one considered the "Rakghoul Progenitor"

So maybe "baby" would be an exaggeration :maybe

DarthAnt66
Ya I'm beginning to realize that. Kid thinks feats in sensationalized sources like video games and comics is holy.The books are written with pretty much everyone except Abeloth and Vitiate down to earth power wise compared to comic and game characters. Hence basically any star wars character in a game or comic > star wars characters who don't appear in those mediums. Which is bs as the book writers take this shit far more seriously and put a lot more care into it.
You... will have a hard time here. Your kind rarely lasts long.

Nephthys

Don't forget Starkiller. He's written in the books as even more aggressively over the top than he is in the game.

zEniX
Maybe I plan to have fun while I am here though smile And more to the point whether we last long or not doesn't mean we aren't right.

DarthAnt66
We? You are with Chaos and Kallig? Good, I found myself a trio. :woah:
In that case, you will be with me for a long time. I have plans for you all.

zEniX
Don't forget Starkiller. He's written in the books as even more aggressively over the top than he is in the game.

Starkiller's existence violates tons and tons of established cannon so I just don't take him seriously tbh. No one will ever mention him in a book outside his own novel for that exact reason.

ChaosTheory123
I think he's referring to Neph when talking "we" kiddo

Because I sure as **** don't know the dude from elsewhere

As for me, I'm just here because I'm bored. :maybe

zEniX
You... will have a hard time here. Your kind rarely lasts long.

"We" was referencing "your kind" fyi no one in particular

DarthAnt66
:mmm: I might just stick him with you anyway. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif Probably not though. Zenix, what forum are you from?

ChaosTheory123
You're free to do what you want kiddo

I'm just shooting the shit :maybe

zEniX
Lol if you wanna talk about random stuff we probably shouldn't do it here. I'm from Oregon though.

DarthAnt66
Asked for your forum (aka your boards, like, this is KillerMovies or KMC), not your state. wink

zEniX
Ah rofl ya I didn't read that clearly. I'm not from any forums I've read them a fair amount and finally figured it would be fun to point a few things out instead of constantly face palming.

DarthAnt66
Not YouTube either?

ChaosTheory123
Kind of funny how underrated Bane is though around here :maybe

If you ignore his Ruusan feats (ritual or not, that was only 27 sith shoving all their power into their strongest member more or less), his entire order of Sith are sort of jokes until you reach Tenebrous/Maybe Tenebrous' master in any quantifiable sense :hmm

zEniX
Nope no credentials outside of reading tons of star wars books (most of them 5 or 6 times, I'm a addict) and comics and playing all the star wars games.

DarthAnt66
Bane isn't underrated here. Only people who lowball him are Carthage, ILS, and that one other guy no one pays attention to. They don't reflect the forum's actual views.

DarthAnt66
Nope no credentials outside of reading tons of star wars books (most of them 5 or 6 times, I'm a addict) and comics and playing all the star wars games.
Fascinating. I have long waited for some new, credible debaters to come in since the arrival of my Outcast crew and SWTOR on KMC.
Only Freshest and Angel have lived up to my expectations. I'll bookmark your name for events to come: I don't want such potential wasted.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Kind of funny how underrated Bane is though around here :maybe

If you ignore his Ruusan feats (ritual or not, that was only 27 sith shoving all their power into their strongest member more or less), his entire order of Sith are sort of jokes until you reach Tenebrous/Maybe Tenebrous' master in any quantifiable sense :hmm

Even with the Ruusan feats Bane has incredibly powerful feats like disintegrating people with lightning and tk, destroying the Lehon temple, moving fast enough to appear to be wielding a dozen lightsabers and to block all rain from hitting him in a 20 minute downpour as well as many other high class feats. Also recall that even if we ignore Banes part on Ruusan, Zannah was able to unconsciously shield herself from the firestorm Bane and the Sith unleashed. Which is also incredibly impressive.

ChaosTheory123
Bane isn't underrated here. Only people who lowball him are Carthage, ILS, and that one other guy no one pays attention to. They don't reflect the forum's actual views.

Ah

Could they be a little more varied about it though?

The cookie cutter style of trolling is kind of... dull

I mean, if you're trying to piss people off, you'd think some effort would go into the act :hmm

Suppose they could just think you all aren't worth the effort, but then why bother in the first place when trying enjoy some schadenfreude?

zEniX
Ah thanks for letting me know cool

ChaosTheory123
Even with the Ruusan feats Bane has incredibly powerful feats like disintegrating people with lightning and tk, destroying the Lehon temple, moving fast enough to appear to be wielding a dozen lightsabers and to block all rain from hitting him in a 20 minute downpour as well as many other high class feats. Also recall that even if we ignore Banes part on Ruusan, Zannah was able to unconsciously shield herself from the firestorm Bane and the Sith unleashed. Which is also incredibly impressive.

Let's just summarize it as my sense of scale from era to era is much different from yours, which is why I find the ruusan feat so relevant when evaluating members of the Rule of Two not named Plagueis or Sidious :maybe

zEniX

ChaosTheory123

I would like to point out however that some bouncers clearly survived the inferno even without shielding, pointing to this not being that impressive of a feat for a full Sith, for a child though, definitely.

The inverse square law is your friend

Your rebuttal and general understanding of the feat is crippled for not knowing what it is :maybe

zEniX
I'm always happy to learn new fun stuff, but I don't see how my point requires me understanding anything other than that unshielded bouncers survived the same inferno.

P.S. I'm reading about the inverse square law atm thx

ChaosTheory123
Literally just type inverse square law into google

If you don't understand why they're less harmed by an expanding mass of energy from a feasibly further distance away from the epicenter than Zannah was after that?

I really can't help you, because the concept probably went over your head and I have little patience to help you learn :maybe

That's not me trying to be rude or anything, I'm just incredibly lazy

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
I really can't help you, because the concept probably went over your head and I have little patience to help you learn :maybe
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc1qoq0L4A1qesugk.gif

zEniX
There is nothing in the text to indicate the other bouncers were farther away from the epicenter than Zannah and Lah were however. Soooo it is irrelevant...

DarthAnt66
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l562/josievantastic/GIFs/rpattzyeah.gif

ChaosTheory123
There is nothing in the text to indicate the other bouncers were farther away from the epicenter than Zannah and Lah were however.

Appeal to ignorance

Just because it's not explicitly stated doesn't mean it isn't feasible, especially when the scenario isn't contradicted by on panel/in text evidence

Nephthys

zEniX
This is from Rain's perspective however, the most likely way for her to have known other bouncers survived is if she saw them afterward in their insane state.
Which would indicate they were not some great distance away from running.

carthage

All of which occur on nexuses and amped by orbalisks for Bane thumb up

zEniX
Originally posted by carthage
All of which occur on nexuses and amped by orbalisks for Bane thumb up

Actually quite a few of those took place away from Nexuses and in DOE after he lost his orbalisks. In addition though, just because we didn't see Bane preform some of the feats away from a nexus or outside his orbalisk armor is not even close to proof that he could not have done so.

In fact after reading the Luke/Jaina/Ben/Vestara vs. Khai other sith fight on Dromund Kaas I'm inclined to think the benefit of a dark side nexus for a Sith is negligible.

DarthAnt66
Actually quite a few of those took place away from Nexuses and in DOE after he lost his orbalisks. In addition though, just because we didn't see Bane preform some of the feats away from a nexus or outside his orbalisk armor is not even close to proof that he could not have done so.

In fact after reading the Luke/Jaina/Ben/Vestara vs. Khai other sith fight on Dromund Kaas I'm inclined to think the benefit of a dark side nexus for a Sith is negligible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQ7kgJnQz4

appletonia
Prior to Bane's destruction of the BOD, the darkside, being spread over such a large number of Sith Lords, was actually weaker than it would later become. So you could argue that all of Bane's POD nexus feats are actually cancelled out by a cosmically higher anti-nexus to some extent. Your thoughts, Carthage?

carthage
Will post them in a bit, currently waiting to pick up my cat

ares834
Originally posted by appletonia
Prior to Bane's destruction of the BOD, the darkside, being spread over such a large number of Sith Lords, was actually weaker than it would later become. So you could argue that all of Bane's POD nexus feats are actually cancelled out by a cosmically higher anti-nexus to some extent. Your thoughts, Carthage?

Only according to Bane. Personally, I always thought it was one of the stupidest concepts from the comic and made Bane look even more idiotic.

NTJack0
They're all blinded by the sun reflecting off the other twos head, it ends in a draw.

McP
Ya I'm beginning to realize that. Kid thinks feats in sensationalized sources like video games and comics is holy.

That's not true. Carthage is far from being a SW's fan of that category. From what I know, he's not a Nihilus' fanboy at least. And it's true, that basing on pure feats, Nihilus might be consider as the strongest guy in the universe. The problem is, that if we will use a "powerscaling", then Nihilus isn't that good. He might be consider as Revan's equal at best (but for me, he was drugged fool and coward, who was inferior to both, Revan and Kreia).
He also isn't a fanboy of Vitiate, who also - basing just on game's feats - is incredible strong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.