Dark Souls vs Dragon Age vs Elder Scrolls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
What is the best franchise of the three, and why? What could each learn from the other to make a much better end product?

ares834
Elder Scrolls > Dark Souls > Dragon Age

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ares834

TheGoldenSpy
Dark souls > elder scrolls > dog shit > maggots eating said dog shit > dragon age.

Estacado
thumb up

quanchi112
You all disgust me. I have not played dark souls but oblivion sucked ass. Elder scrolls is lame as ****. Dragon Age hands down beats that games ass.

Utrigita

-Pr-
As someone who's only played Skyrim and has only watched Let's Plays of DS, I honestly can't be too thorough about it.

What I will say, is that they could all learn something from each other. They all do something better than the other two.

Best franchise? No idea. I obviously prefer Dragon Age, but that's me.

TheHulk
Shit...this is difficult.

My quality of games i'll go with Elder Scrolls>Dragon Age=Dark Souls or Dark Souls>Dragon Age (I prefer the DA franchise though)

By overall worth or popularity, i'll go with ES>DA>DS.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by quanchi112
You all disgust me. I have not played dark souls but oblivion sucked ass. Elder scrolls is lame as ****. Dragon Age hands down beats that games ass.

I strongly disagree. Basing all of the series off of Oblivion isn't fair.

Morrowind was part of TES and is one of the best RPG's I have ever played and is highly regarded.

BackFire
Mass Effect > All of them. Bring it.

Nephthys
I'd say Dragon Age > Dark Souls > Elder Scrolls. DA is only a bit above DS though. It's mostly because I tend to put story and characters over gameplay. I find a good story arc or piece of character development more emotionally satisfying than beating a hard boss. Souls does have a good story, but it's obfuscated and you kinda need to watch youtube video's to get the most out of it ("ain't even got legs!"wink. The characters are generally bland as well, at least compared to DA. Solaire being the exception. \/ <3

BackFire
Real answer - I've not played any of the DS games so I can't comment on them.

I've played all the Dragon Age games.

I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim when it comes to ES games.

Taking that into account, I think Skyrim is better than any DA games. However, I think all the DA games are better than Oblivion.

So, I dunno.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire

laughing out loud

Such a controversial opinion...

quanchi112
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I strongly disagree. Basing all of the series off of Oblivion isn't fair.

Morrowind was part of TES and is one of the best RPG's I have ever played and is highly regarded. I doubt Skyrim is that much better ?

Nothing rpg comes close to the rich history and character concepts to me from Dragon Age.

BackFire
I think Skyrim is much better than Oblivion. Fixed most of the issues I had with that game. Had more populated towns, better dungeons, better story, better leveling, better graphics, a world that felt more alive and real and better combat.

Nephthys
While that's true, I've personally turned on Skyrim quite a bit. It's better than Oblivion in most aspects, but the story is still pretty weak, the other questlines pretty uninspired as well (the Brotherhood from Oblivion shits on everything tbh), the character's non-existent and the world is still pretty lifeless imo.

And I say this with 150 hours on Skyrim. The only other game I've played near so much is, well, Dragon Age.

One_Angry_Scot
I doubt Skyrim is that much better ?

Nothing rpg comes close to the rich history and character concepts to me from Dragon Age.

I didn't even mention Skyrim. As I don't find it good as an Elder Scrolls game compared to others. It just seems that you haven't tried them all and you're bashing the whole series based off of Oblivion.

There is plenty of RPG's that have a ton of story compared to Dragon Age.

Planetscape Torment is just one I could name among many. It just strikes me as silly how you're stacking all the cards in your favour by picking one game then basing the entirety of it's story on that. When in fact it's the game of that series that isn't as good. So you can set your opinion in the positive before you've even started.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Nephthys
While that's true, I've personally turned on Skyrim quite a bit. It's better than Oblivion in most aspects, but the story is still pretty weak, the other questlines pretty uninspired as well (the Brotherhood from Oblivion shits on everything tbh), the character's non-existent and the world is still pretty lifeless imo.

And I say this with 150 hours on Skyrim. The only other game I've played near so much is, well, Dragon Age.

I agree, I also think that Skyrim had next to no variety (of course it's a Scandinavian esque landscape so it wont be varied.

They needed to have the area when we go back to Solestheim and Raven Rock as defaults. As Miraak seemed important to the story.

Whereas there were many different landscapes in Morrowind, Oblivion, Daggerfall and Arena.

I'd argue the Dungeons were boring. While they were larger. The majority just involved Draugr. While of course again there will be a ton of dead Nordic warriors around it's just Draugr everywhere.

Elven Dungeons I enjoyed in Oblivion.

-Pr-
I haven't played Oblivion, so I can only comment on Skyrim. Two things I think Skyrim did really well were the living world the game took place in (in size, scope, and how alive it seemed), and the combat (though admittedly, i'm talking about combat after modding the game).

Dragon Age could take some real tips from both Skyrim and DS when it comes to combat (for me, the first DA still has the strongest, deepest combat of the trilogy), and the aforementioned Skyrim world. They tried to do it in Inquisition, and it was a fair attempt, but they have a long way to go imo.

Smasandian
All do different things.

If I had to choose, I would choose Dragon Age over any of them. I rather have a narrative that Bioware does than the world that Bethesda creates. I've put in about 60-80 hours in Dragon Age 1 and 3 while about 60 hours into Skyrim.

-Pr-
And DA2?

quanchi112
I didn't even mention Skyrim. As I don't find it good as an Elder Scrolls game compared to others. It just seems that you haven't tried them all and you're bashing the whole series based off of Oblivion.

There is plenty of RPG's that have a ton of story compared to Dragon Age.

Planetscape Torment is just one I could name among many. It just strikes me as silly how you're stacking all the cards in your favour by picking one game then basing the entirety of it's story on that. When in fact it's the game of that series that isn't as good. So you can set your opinion in the positive before you've even started. I just brought that up due to it being the most recent and being more highly regarded than Oblivion. I did try another elder scrolls years ago. It could have been Elderscrolls but it was so many years ago I can't remember. I can tell these games are probably good in their own right but Dragon Age until further notice is the best for me.

From what I have heard dark souls story is ok but the real payoff comes from the difficult boss battles which doesn't interest me in the slightest.

One_Angry_Scot
I just brought that up due to it being the most recent and being more highly regarded than Oblivion. I did try another elder scrolls years ago. It could have been Elderscrolls but it was so many years ago I can't remember. I can tell these games are probably good in their own right but Dragon Age until further notice is the best for me.

From what I have heard dark souls story is ok but the real payoff comes from the difficult boss battles which doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Fair enough,

There is a lot. You have Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Shadowplay, Redguard, Oblivion and Skyrim. So there is quite a few.

I looked into Dark Souls as well but your reasoning chimes with mine. I can do a game with really hard boss battles but a game that directly sets out to do that isn't my thing.

Your sig is the main villain of Dragon Age right?

quanchi112
Fair enough,

There is a lot. You have Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Shadowplay, Redguard, Oblivion and Skyrim. So there is quite a few.

I looked into Dark Souls as well but your reasoning chimes with mine. I can do a game with really hard boss battles but a game that directly sets out to do that isn't my thing.

Your sig is the main villain of Dragon Age right? The main baddie of the latest dragon age, yes.

I want to give Witcher 2 another shot because I feel like it'll be another game I can get into.

One_Angry_Scot
The main baddie of the latest dragon age, yes.

I want to give Witcher 2 another shot because I feel like it'll be another game I can get into.

Last time I tried playing that was on a previous PC. And when I started it up my PC was up to 90+ celsius.

Haven't tried it on my new one yet.

It does look very nice though.

quanchi112
Last time I tried playing that was on a previous PC. And when I started it up my PC was up to 90+ celsius.

Haven't tried it on my new one yet.

It does look very nice though. Itdid not grab me right away and I tried but ultimately put it down. I want to try in the not so distant future to give this game the time it needs before part 3 comes out.

NemeBro
I just brought that up due to it being the most recent and being more highly regarded than Oblivion.

Oblivion:

93.85% (X360)
92.98% (PS3)
93.29% (PC)

Dragon Age: Inquisition:

(PS4) 89.52%
(PC) 86.77%
(XONE) 86.11%

The data doesn't appear to support your assertion.

Oh and just for fun, here's Dark Souls 2:

(X360) 88.95%
(PS3) 89.68%
(PC) 88.30%

Also better average scores than DA: Inquisition.

Anyway, you're comparing one of if not the weakest Elder Scrolls to what is generally considered the best Dragon Age (and make no mistake, Oblivion is more acclaimed than the other two DA games as well). You often deride people for arguing against characters they've never seen a movie about. Why would you then argue against a series you've barely played, and another you never played?

Speaking on my official capacity as someone who has actually played all three series (including Demon's Souls, so I'm about as OG in the Souls series as someone can get without being a weirdo that played King's Field), here are the official rankings:

Skyrim = Morrowind = Dark Souls = Demon's Souls >= Dark Souls 2 => Dragon Age: Origins > The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion > Dragon Age 2.

I'm a little hesitant to place Inquisition since I haven't beaten it yet, though I think it will probably rank above Origins when all is said and done.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Oblivion:

93.85% (X360)
92.98% (PS3)
93.29% (PC)

(PS4) 89.52%
(PC) 86.77%
(XONE) 86.11%

(X360) 88.95%
(PS3) 89.68%
(PC) 88.30%

Anyway, you're comparing one of if not the weakest Elder Scrolls to what is generally considered the best Dragon Age (and make no mistake, Oblivion is more acclaimed than the other two DA games as well). You often deride people for arguing against characters they've never seen a movie about. Why would you then argue against a series you've barely played, and another you never played?

Speaking on my official capacity as someone who has actually played all three series (including Demon's Souls, so I'm about as OG in the Souls series as someone can get without being a weirdo that played King's Field), here are the official rankings:

Skyrim = Morrowind = Dark Souls = Demon's Souls >= Dark Souls 2 => Dragon Age: Origins > The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion > Dragon Age 2.

I'm a little hesitant to place Inquisition since I haven't beaten it yet, though I think it will probably rank above Origins when all is said and done. You misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that oblivion which isn't the best kniwn from its own franchise and comparing that brief skirmish to Dragon Age. Dragon Age grabbed me. Oblivion bored me to death.

I never argued about Demon's souls I just said I don't go for games which make it purposely hard and don't place as much emphasis on the story. Try to first grasp what my point was before jumping all over my superior cock.

I did just inquire on the Skyward sword game at GameStop and found they were selling it for 45$ used. **** that. I ended up going to best buy and found a new copy of Skyrim for 20$. So looks like I am attempting this series one more time.

Utrigita

Morrowind > Mass Effect evil face

Utrigita
Oblivion:

93.85% (X360)
92.98% (PS3)
93.29% (PC)

(PS4) 89.52%
(PC) 86.77%
(XONE) 86.11%

(X360) 88.95%
(PS3) 89.68%
(PC) 88.30%

I'm a little hesitant to place Inquisition since I haven't beaten it yet, though I think it will probably rank above Origins when all is said and done.

I would place Morrowind above Skyrim, but then again I'm biased srug

Newjak
So my gaming experiences with the following series are such,

Elder Scrolls I've played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

Dragon Age I've played Inquisition only

I've never played any of the Darksouls games.

So based off of that limited sample size here are my opinions on the various series.

The most technically advanced and polished game on the list is Skyrim imo. From scope to combat to quests missions to world building it is an extremely well built game from a programming perspective. Although I do think DA:I is pretty well made as well, although it can be a bit buggy.

Of the Elder Scrolls games though by far the one I've had the most fun playing is Morrowind. Some of the may come from nostalgia goggles though. Still I have a lot of fun memories and stories from that game.

Oblivion is by far my least favorite of the games.

Now that being said Dragon Age Inquistion is the most fun I've had playing a game like TES since well Morrowind. Honestly there are plenty of aspects DA:I I enjoyed so much more than any TES game I've played. So from a sheer fun factor I would give DA:I the nod.

Of course this is supposed to be series vs series so I can't say if TES has an overall better quality of game compared to DS or DA so my ability to comment any further than the above statements are limited so all I can is this.

DA:I >= Morrowind > Skyrim for myself.

quanchi112
Just started Skyrim and played it. This is going to be tough because the graphics are kind of shitty and this far this story of this dragon interrupting your execution is kind of boring to me. I am going to try to grin and bear it. If I suffer through this game Nemebro better answer the call with Dragon Age Inquisition vs. Skyrim. Armies versus armies.

One_Angry_Scot
Just started Skyrim and played it. This is going to be tough because the graphics are kind of shitty and this far this story of this dragon interrupting your execution is kind of boring to me. I am going to try to grin and bear it. If I suffer through this game Nemebro better answer the call with Dragon Age Inquisition vs. Skyrim. Armies versus armies.

There is a specific reason as to why it was interrupted which you find out later.

ares834

Skyrim's plot sucks. If you're playing the game for story you're going to be very disappointed.

quanchi112
There is a specific reason as to why it was interrupted which you find out later. Yeah, I am sure the plot will make sense by the end but so far I am severely disappointed. The graphics are terrible imo.

One_Angry_Scot
Yeah, I am sure the plot will make sense by the end but so far I am severely disappointed. The graphics are terrible imo.

It is quite old don't forget. Plus for me I am used to PC and it's generally much better even without mods so I don't notice it.

But like ares said storywise it';s a bit off but I found it decent.

quanchi112
Skyrim's plot sucks. If you're playing the game for story you're going to be very disappointed. Is it that bad ? I'm playing it to debate against. Once Nemebro accepts I will try to tough this game out.

One_Angry_Scot
Is it that bad ? I'm playing it to debate against. Once Nemebro accepts I will try to tough this game out.

It isn't.

quanchi112
It isn't. It is all subjective so I hope I don't end up agreeing with him but rather more towards you. I know early on the mechanics, graphics, early story on isn't something I would gravitate towards but I bet I'll enjoy it if I make it all the way through on some level.

Nephthys
The Civil War storyline is compelling enough. Empire forever you Rebel scum!

One_Angry_Scot
The Civil War storyline is compelling enough. Empire forever you Rebel scum!

Skyrim belongs to the Nords!

quanchi112
Nemebro needs to resurface and accept if I tough this out. If not I might put it down before I start to like it.

Skyrim doesn't want any of DragonAge.

One_Angry_Scot
Nemebro needs to resurface and accept if I tough this out. If not I might put it down before I start to like it.

Skyrim doesn't want any of DragonAge.

I dunno about that.

Plus it'd be better to term it as Elder Scrolls considering it's all the same world anyway.

What makes you think it doesn't hold a candle to Dragon Age.

Nephthys
Skyrim belongs to the Nords!

Nationalistic propaganda! The True Nord is a loyal citizen of the Empire. Ulfric Stormcloak is nothing more than a petty traitor and murderer!

Also he's a total douche and racist dickbag.

quanchi112
I dunno about that.

Plus it'd be better to term it as Elder Scrolls considering it's all the same world anyway.

What makes you think it doesn't hold a candle to Dragon Age. Or say Inquisition versus Skyrim since it'll be one game versus one game.

So far what I have seen scrubs running around. I know it's early and I'm getting cocky but the general early feel is Inquisition would wax their asses.

One_Angry_Scot
Or say Inquisition versus Skyrim since it'll be one game versus one game.

So far what I have seen scrubs running around. I know it's early and I'm getting cocky but the general early feel is Inquisition would wax their asses.

Nobody in the Inquisition verse would be able to kill Alduin.

Since he is the immortal first born son of Akatosh and is predestined to eat entire planets and restart the next Kalpa.

And not to mention only you are capable of killing him. Because you were blessed with the ability of being part Dovah.

quanchi112
Nobody in the Inquisition verse would be able to kill Alduin.

Since he is the immortal first born son of Akatosh and is predestined to eat entire planets and restart the next Kalpa.

And not to mention only you are capable of killing him. Because you were blessed with the ability of being part Dovah. You don't need to kill someone to beat them. Try not to ruin anything for me. Let's see what Skyrim has to offer because I'll trudge through if Nemebro accepts. Then you can sit back and watching the battle and cheer on your elder scrolls verse.

One_Angry_Scot
You don't need to kill someone to beat them. Try not to ruin anything for me. Let's see what Skyrim has to offer because I'll trudge through if Nemebro accepts. Then you can sit back and watching the battle and cheer on your elder scrolls verse.

Like I was going to ask what sort of stuff have the most powerful people in DA I done?

And you're not gonna enjoy the game if you'r playing it to prove a point. And I'm not cheering on the Elder Scrolls verse. Just telling you how powerful the thing you are going up against is.

Is there anyone in DA I capable of eating a whole reality?

I wonder as I haven't played it yet.

One_Angry_Scot
Then you have Hermaeus Mora, Miraak among other things.

ares834
Is it that bad ? I'm playing it to debate against. Once Nemebro accepts I will try to tough this game out.

It is. I love the game (one of my favorites) but the story is pretty awful.

One_Angry_Scot
It is. I love the game (one of my favorites) but the story is pretty awful.

Do you dislike everything or certain parts?

Just interested.

ares834
It's not that I dislike it. It's that the storyline is pretty much non-existent. The plot is little more than "the evil dragon king is trying to conquer the world, kill it".

One_Angry_Scot
It's not that I dislike it. It's that the storyline is pretty much non-existent. The plot is little more than "the evil dragon king is trying to conquer the world, kill it".

Yeah I guess so, they should have had the add-on with Miraak in the main story.

But in all honesty it's not a game I played for story. More for the experience of a graphically new ES game.

quanchi112
Like I was going to ask what sort of stuff have the most powerful people in DA I done?

And you're not gonna enjoy the game if you'r playing it to prove a point. And I'm not cheering on the Elder Scrolls verse. Just telling you how powerful the thing you are going up against is.

Is there anyone in DA I capable of eating a whole reality?

I wonder as I haven't played it yet. I can still enjoy the game if I am playing it to be knowledgable enough to smite it. If you didn't care you wouldn't keep bringing characters up.

Depends on what you mean by reality. It am confident in Dragon Age Inquisition that they have the resources, characters, to defeat Skyrim. Only time will tell though as I can't definitively say until I beat the game.

quanchi112
It is. I love the game (one of my favorites) but the story is pretty awful. I already kind of figured it paled in comparison to Inquisition but I am just playing it to debate against it. I really don't carr for these elder scrolls games early in anyways.

One_Angry_Scot
I can still enjoy the game if I am playing it to be knowledgable enough to smite it. If you didn't care you wouldn't keep bringing characters up.

Depends on what you mean by reality. It am confident in Dragon Age Inquisition that they have the resources, characters, to defeat Skyrim. Only time will tell though as I can't definitively say until I beat the game.

I don't care but it doesn't mean I have to stop talking about something you are debating with me. We started debating so I don't see why I would stop all of a sudden.

Like I said has there been a character in DA I capable of eating a reality?

Reality means an entire universe.

Considering Alduin devours everything in the ES verse and it is restarted. I'd be interested in knowing a character from Dragon Age that shows that much power if it exists.

You are seemingly implying DA has something to counter that.

quanchi112
I don't care but it doesn't mean I have to stop talking about something you are debating with me. We started debating so I don't see why I would stop all of a sudden.

Like I said has there been a character in DA I capable of eating a reality?

Considering Alduin devours everything in the ES verse and it is restarted. You did not define a reality. What do you mean by that ? You clearly care about elder scrolls. I clearly believe Dragon Age shits all over this game imo in all areas of preference.

One_Angry_Scot
You did not define a reality. What do you mean by that ? You clearly care about elder scrolls. I clearly believe Dragon Age shits all over this game imo in all areas of preference.

I am telling you what I know Quan. I can't really say anything other than that. I don't care in the way you're defining it. I'm just in a debate with you.

I did define a reality in my reply.

Considering Alduin devours everything in the ES verse and it is restarted. I'd be interested in knowing a character from Dragon Age that shows that much power if it exists.

You are seemingly implying DA has something to counter that.

And if you want to disagree with a universe then we can make a myriad of definitions but you still need proof that someone from your game can accomplish better.

quanchi112
I am telling you what I know Quan. I can't really say anything other than that. I don't care in the way you're defining it. I'm just in a debate with you.

I did define a reality in my reply. Ah, I missed it the first time. No one can end a universe but I am still confident after it is all said and done they can affect/defeat said character but I can't sa for certain until I play through it.

One_Angry_Scot
Ah, I missed it the first time. No one can end a universe but I am still confident after it is all said and done they can affect/defeat said character but I can't sa for certain until I play through it.

Well I believe Alduin but lets leave that there hey.

Who is it in DA that can combat Alduin? Unless I have misread this message.

I read it as you saying you thought a character in DA as being able to beat Alduin.

quanchi112
Well I believe Alduin but lets leave that there hey.

Who is it in DA that can combat Alduin? Unless I have misread this message.

I read it as you saying you thought a character in DA as being able to beat Alduin. I cannot say at this point because I need to see his weaknesses and how he interacts with the characters from Skyrim. Look at it this way. Just because Superman is more powerful than Professor X that doesn't mean X can't defeat him.

ares834
You fight a weakened Alduin in the game (perhaps even a mere aspect). Not one who is the size of the Earth or creates Daedric lords for shits and giggles.

quanchi112
It's not that I dislike it. It's that the storyline is pretty much non-existent. The plot is little more than "the evil dragon king is trying to conquer the world, kill it". I searched the net comparing the Witcher 2 to Skyrim and a lot of the people say Skyrim has a really generic plot and lacks character development.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2806830&page=5

Nephthys
Well compared to the Witcher most things do.

One_Angry_Scot
You fight a weakened Alduin in the game (perhaps even a mere aspect). Not one who is the size of the Earth or creates Daedric lords for shits and giggles.

I don't recall him creating them more rather he ate them although I may be wrong.

I don't recall it being mentioned that he was weakened either. Although obviously he didn't dismantle Arda in the process of the game. But that's more down to game mechanics.

I'm happy to concede if it is the case. As I fear I am walking myself into the wrong idea.

ares834
At the very least, you're shout weakened him. Although, I recall reading somewhere that he was weakened when he sought to rule rather than destroy.

As for the princes, it's mentioned he created Mehrunes Dagon in some obscure text.

One_Angry_Scot
At the very least, you're shout weakened him. Although, I recall reading somewhere that he was weakened when he sought to rule rather than destroy.

As for the princes, it's mentioned he created Mehrunes Dagon in some obscure text.

Ah okay my bad then, I recalled Mehrunes being mentioned but I fought it was in a fight. Obviously now I know that's not the case.

I must have confused it with the time Almalexia and Sotha Sil fought Dagon in Mournhold.

quanchi112
You fight a weakened Alduin in the game (perhaps even a mere aspect). Not one who is the size of the Earth or creates Daedric lords for shits and giggles. Then that will be the one who is included in this debate.

quanchi112
Well compared to the Witcher most things do. Not Dragon Age my BFF.

NemeBro
I've been playing League of Legends basically all day.

What kind of a ****ing nerd buys and plays a game as long as Skyrim for a versus debate?

You really sure you want to do this quan? This isn't like Zelda where you can claim separate timelines for feats from other games, you should be aware.

edit: oh, and I should point out I have not beaten (or come close to beating) Dragon Age: Inquisition.

quanchi112
I've been playing League of Legends basically all day.

What kind of a ****ing nerd buys and plays a game as long as Skyrim for a versus debate?

You really sure you want to do this quan? This isn't like Zelda where you can claim separate timelines for feats from other games, you should be aware.

edit: oh, and I should point out I have not beaten (or come close to beating) Dragon Age: Inquisition. This ****ing guy. I'll buy games just to smite this pussyverse. It will be Skyrim vs. inquisition. If you're interested that is because otherwise I'll probably play Witcher 2. So far I hate this ****ing game.

You want a shot at me ? Here it is.

Ps. If you say yes you'll have loads of times because at the pace I am playing Skyrim it will take me a while to beat it. Just going through main quests for the most part too.

NemeBro
This ****ing guy. I'll buy games just to smite this pussyverse. It will be Skyrim vs. inquisition. If you're interested that is because otherwise I'll probably play Witcher 2. So far I hate this ****ing game.

You want a shot at me ? Here it is.

Ps. If you say yes you'll have loads of times because at the pace I am playing Skyrim it will take me a while to beat it. Just going through main quests for the most part too. Why would you spend money over a forum debate? I barely even interact with you. Am I really that in your head?

I don't care enough to want a shot at someone who consistently dodged the Kratos vs. Gabriel battledome.

That's nice. A lot of characters that appear in Skyrim appear in the other games too.

quanchi112
Why would you spend money over a forum debate? I barely even interact with you. Am I really that in your head?

I don't care enough to want a shot at someone who consistently dodged the Kratos vs. Gabriel battledome.

That's nice. A lot of characters that appear in Skyrim appear in the other games too. It was 20$. It cost as much as the batteries I pruchased at best buy. I remembered you saying elder scrolls >>>>>dragon age so naturally I'd love proving you wrong.

I'd have to beat three more GOW games and I am not into that at the moment. Ok, that would make those characters fair game but since no one cares enough about Skyrim to defend its honor I guess I'll play Witcher 2 now.

You failed me.

That ACDC Chick
Personally, The Elder Scrolls (skyrim at least)>Dragon Age>Dark Souls
Skyrim just barely beats out dragon age tho
like they're practically even for me and the only reason it comes out on top for me is cause of how long skyrim takes to play if you're doing everything and how much there is to do when it comes to just ****ing around
though there's a lot of things in dragon age and better elements in it like the romance system (meaning actually experiencing the romance in DA versus just slapping a necklace on and shimmying up to someone) after finishing everything, all the quests and whatnot, there's not much left to do
like, it took me a few days to beat origins and DA2 versus the months it'll take me just to get off my ass and head to Sovengarde in Skyrim
even with the dlc in DA, it doesn't take all that long to finish
but this is just my reasoning. i haven't played Inquisition, yet, cause i don't have the system for it, nor have I played other Elder Scrolls games save a few minutes of Oblivion
as for Dark Souls, I never played them, but I've watched playthroughs. so though i'm not an expert or even all that knowledgeable, i still know i'm not about that cause of the sheer difficulty. the lore in it and storylines are awesome, but i highly doubt i'll play it any time soon

BackFire

Skyrim's main story isn't great. It's better than Oblivion but not up to par with any of the DA games. You have to play it for reasons other than story or you won't like it very much.

Also if you are playing it on the PC there are so many amazing graphical mods that make it look like a next gen game, if your PC can handle them.

Reflassshh
Mass Effect > All of them.
/Thread

-Pr-
Skyrim's main story isn't great. It's better than Oblivion but not up to par with any of the DA games. You have to play it for reasons other than story or you won't like it very much.

Also if you are playing it on the PC there are so many amazing graphical mods that make it look like a next gen game, if your PC can handle them.

Not to mention all the QOL mods. ui mods, combat mods, armour mods... and yes, even some rather dirty mods too.

TheHulk
Honestly for me, DA:I and Skyrim are almost completely different and fit certain styles of play. DA:I is completely fast paced compared to Skyrim laughing out loud

quanchi112

Also if you are playing it on the PC there are so many amazing graphical mods that make it look like a next gen game, if your PC can handle them. Just on consoles but for Skyrim I bought it for Xbox 360. Since no one wanted to debate Skyrim against my Inquisition I think I'll go ahead and play Witcher 2. I hear that story is excellent.

-Pr-
Skyrim on console? Ugh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Skyrim on console? Ugh. I do not pc game.

Arachnid1
Skyrim on console? Ugh. This. I still liked Skyrim when I first played it on my 360. It was great, but nowhere near my top 10.

Then I played PC with mods. Hoooo-ly-phuq

Top 5 material.

-Pr-
I do not pc game.

You really should.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This. I still liked Skyrim when I first played it on my 360. It was great, but nowhere near my top 10.

Then I played PC with mods. Hoooo-ly-phuq

Top 5 material.

Yeah; almost like a brand new game for me.

One_Angry_Scot
You really should.

Yeah; almost like a brand new game for me.

Especially with ENB Mods.

http://i.imgur.com/PomAv6bl.jpg

Makes graphics much better. Not to count combat mods and spell mods as well.

TheHulk
Just on consoles but for Skyrim I bought it for Xbox 360. Since no one wanted to debate Skyrim against my Inquisition I think I'll go ahead and play Witcher 2. I hear that story is excellent. I'll debate if you want since i loved and played both with a loving heart big grin

Utrigita
I do not pc game.

Your loss.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
Your loss. From what i hear pc gaming is dying so nah.

Nemesis X
I rarely touch PC and even I know that's bull.

-Pr-
From what i hear pc gaming is dying so nah.

PC game sales surpassed consoles last year, so not really.

FinalAnswer

LOL

Utrigita

hysterical

Estacado
Pc gaming is totally fine....if you use a 360 controller otherwise phuck it.uhuh

Utrigita
Originally posted by Estacado
Pc gaming is totally fine....if you use a 360 controller otherwise phuck it.uhuh

As some perceive consoles vs pc -> starwars

As I perceive consoles vs pc -> drunk

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Estacado

I've grown so used to a keyboard that using a controller for an FPS horrifies and disgusts me.

I still need a controller for most third person games though

Estacado
I have nothing against pc gaming just got used to using controllers so much by now I prefer it over the keyboard/mouse combo...srug

TheHulk
OR! you can just use a controller on your PC. Problem freakin sovled smile

-Pr-
I use both. I alternate depending on the game.

Utrigita
I use both. I alternate depending on the game.

thumb up

ares834
Originally posted by TheHulk
OR! you can just use a controller on your PC. Problem freakin sovled smile

thumb up

Seriously the dumbest excuse I have ever heard.

TheHulk
thumb up

Seriously the dumbest excuse I have ever heard. It's the truth.

quanchi112
PC game sales surpassed consoles last year, so not really.

hysterical

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
LOL

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/It-Official-Retail-PC-Gaming-Dying-30373.html

Know me and know despair.

-Pr-
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/It-Official-Retail-PC-Gaming-Dying-30373.html

Know me and know despair.

If you were right, maybe. but not really. You posted a four year old article, buddy.

You could have just used google:

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/business/item/36658-pc-games-are-now-outselling

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

Both from last April, when PC actually overtook consoles.

Utrigita
If you were right, maybe. but not really. You posted a four year old article, buddy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

Both from last April, when PC actually overtook consoles.

900 Millions estimated pc gamers, compared to 250ish million estimated console users... wow... I knew MOBA, tablets and so on had a impact on the pc games but I didn't imagine anything near this.

Astner
The games aren't really comparable.

Skyrim is an RPG life simulator, DA:O is an interactive story and Dark Souls is an Action RPG.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Astner
The games aren't really comparable.

Skyrim is an RPG life simulator, DA:O is an interactive story and Dark Souls is an Action RPG. That's my way of putting it laughing out loud

quanchi112

Both from last April, when PC actually overtook consoles. That is a very broad definition of pc. Consoles can also be considered pcs. Tablets and what not are not the same thing imo. You are free to believe iPhones and iPads are pcs as well. Not me, amigo.

FinalAnswer
Nobody equates consoles or tablets to PCs.

Especially not in articles talking about how PC sales have surpassed consoles.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Nobody equates consoles or tablets to PCs.

Especially not in articles talking about how PC sales have surpassed consoles. Pcs are not tablets and the like either. Consoles are pc esque these days and you're emotionally compromised.

BackFire
PC gaming has been "dying" for a couple of decades now, and it's still here, still strong, and offers the best Skyrim experience available.

NemeBro
That is a very broad definition of pc. Consoles can also be considered pcs. Tablets and what not are not the same thing imo. You are free to believe iPhones and iPads are pcs as well. Not me, amigo. The most played game in the world (League of Legends) can't be played on an iPhone or iPad. The first article doesn't even mention tablets.

You're dumb.

-Pr-
That is a very broad definition of pc. Consoles can also be considered pcs. Tablets and what not are not the same thing imo. You are free to believe iPhones and iPads are pcs as well. Not me, amigo.

lol, you're reaching now. But okay, feel free to do that.

Bentley
Pcs are not tablets and the like either. Consoles are pc esque these days and you're emotionally compromised.

Be a man and admit your defeat, it's bad enough that you were caught red-handed by a Superman fan of all people.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Bentley
Be a man and admit your defeat, it's bad enough that you were caught red-handed by a Superman fan of all people. thumb up

FinalAnswer
Pcs are not tablets and the like either. Consoles are pc esque these days and you're emotionally compromised.

What are you even on about?

Reflassshh
The most played game in the world (League of Legends) can't be played on an iPhone or iPad. The first article doesn't even mention tablets.

You're dumb. Not saying you're wrong, but LoL sucks.

Smasandian
PC is not dying.....

As long as it's financial viable for publishers to pay the small amount of money to port console titles to the PC, it will still be there. Also, all the download services that cater to PC owners have had a major influence on the PC scene. If Steam wasn't around (and others as well), would PC actually be dying? Maybe but it won't when you have instant access to titles.

Also, this is purely my opinion and not based on fact, but I'm wondering if PC piracy has died down compared to about 5 years before Steam became a major player? I used to have a lot of friends who would download titles (using the bullshit excuse that they can't afford the titles so it's okay to steal them) but they do not now because of Steam.

Another big thing that is good for the PC is the glut of videogame blogs/websties that cater to the industry. Years ago, the only way you could get information about titles (especially on PC) was magazines. Now, you can go to websites and build your own computer, check for compatibility with various components and then pay $50 for installation and shipping. That's how I build my last computer and I know how to do it!

-Pr-
Be a man and admit your defeat, it's bad enough that you were caught red-handed by a Superman fan of all people.

Ahem. It's Cyclops on Fridays.

Surtur
I think Elder Scrolls takes it for one reason: mods. Don't get me wrong I know there are mods for the other games as well, but it's not exactly the same as the ES modding community.

Nephthys
Personally I can't take fan made mods as points in favor of a games quality. That's nothing to do with the game's own worth, just how good the modders are and whether they made it easy to mod. In fact if a game needs mods to make it a quality title that's a mark against it in my eyes.

NemeBro
So you're saying Dark Souls wins?

ares834
Winner: Dark Souls

Astner
Originally posted by Surtur
I think Elder Scrolls takes it for one reason: mods. Don't get me wrong I know there are mods for the other games as well, but it's not exactly the same as the ES modding community.
That's a horrible reason as Elder Scroll is the only game series in the title that significantly benefits from mods and fixes.

You don't play Dragon Age or Dark Souls for the environment or the option to sell bread.

BackFire
DA:O has a lot of mods as well. Not as many as Skyrim, but some pretty significant ones that alter quite a lot.

appletonia
Dragon Age by far imo.

quanchi112
The most played game in the world (League of Legends) can't be played on an iPhone or iPad. The first article doesn't even mention tablets.

You're dumb. He included articles with tablets, etc. My points stand strong unlike your weak cowardly backside when I openly challenged the weak elder scrolls Skyrim version to my Inquisition.

You're a coward.

quanchi112
lol, you're reaching now. But okay, feel free to do that. It is over. I won.

Be a man and admit your defeat, it's bad enough that you were caught red-handed by a Superman fan of all people. I definitively won that argument. Everyone knows it but more importantly I can't believe Skyrim fanbase lacks a backbone. Just like when I waltzed into the Star Wars fanbase and punked them all.

Bentley
@Quan: Again, let's pretend you won that discussion. You still lost the whole war when you used an argument this shitty:

Consoles are pc esque these days

Ahem. It's Cyclops on Fridays.

I'm not even sure Quan knows who Cyclops is biscuits

And that wouldn't be Quan's fault btw, who even cares about Cyclops? confused

-Pr-
He included articles with tablets, etc. My points stand strong unlike your weak cowardly backside when I openly challenged the weak elder scrolls Skyrim version to my Inquisition.

You're a coward.

No I didn't.

It is over. I won.

I definitively won that argument. Everyone knows it but more importantly I can't believe Skyrim fanbase lacks a backbone. Just like when I waltzed into the Star Wars fanbase and punked them all.

Won what, exactly? You posted incorrect information and were corrected on it. Looks kind of simple to me. shrug

but sure, let's "pretend".

@Quan: Again, let's pretend you won that discussion. You still lost the whole war when you used an argument this shitty:

And that wouldn't be Quan's fault btw, who even cares about Cyclops? confused

laughing out loud

One_Angry_Scot
It is over. I won.

I definitively won that argument. Everyone knows it but more importantly I can't believe Skyrim fanbase lacks a backbone. Just like when I waltzed into the Star Wars fanbase and punked them all.

You've punked no one. And when I asked you about strength levels of people in Dragon Age you admitted nobody and the power to destroy a reality.

You can hardly say I lack a backbone when it was me who was defending Skyrim. And it isn't Skyrim as a Universe. It's the Elder Scrolls. As all the worlds coexist regardless.

I kept on asking you about power levels in the DA verse but you wouldn't give me a straight answer.

Utrigita

NemeBro
He included articles with tablets, etc.

An article. Not articles. Only the second article mentioned tablets, you stupid son of a whore.

Why would anyone battlezone with a pussy who can't even admit defeat when they inevitably lose? You still claim you beat Scenario, despite losing the battlezone. Not to mention, you don't get to make battlezone challenges anymore. Not after you meekly ran away from the Kratos vs. Gabriel debate.

"B-but I have to play like three games to debate th-" shut up you blood-belching vagina and grow a pair of testicles you little nancy twinkboy.

quanchi112

And that wouldn't be Quan's fault btw, who even cares about Cyclops? confused In the broadest terms just like the article posted. I meant desktop pc's. I won. It's over.

quanchi112
No I didn't.

Won what, exactly? You posted incorrect information and were corrected on it. Looks kind of simple to me. shrug

but sure, let's "pretend".

laughing out loud You used pc in the broadest terms you could because you knew I was correct. I am.

quanchi112
You've punked no one. And when I asked you about strength levels of people in Dragon Age you admitted nobody and the power to destroy a reality.

You can hardly say I lack a backbone when it was me who was defending Skyrim. And it isn't Skyrim as a Universe. It's the Elder Scrolls. As all the worlds coexist regardless.

I kept on asking you about power levels in the DA verse but you wouldn't give me a straight answer. Yeah, I did. Strength levels aren't the total ball game. They never are. Someone corrected on your exaggerations of Skyrim characters.

One game vs. one game.

Power levels don't decide anything it's about formidability.

Skyrim sucks. I quit playing it because no one believed in them. Witcher 2 time now.

quanchi112
An article. Not articles. Only the second article mentioned tablets, you stupid son of a whore.

Why would anyone battlezone with a pussy who can't even admit defeat when they inevitably lose? You still claim you beat Scenario, despite losing the battlezone. Not to mention, you don't get to make battlezone challenges anymore. Not after you meekly ran away from the Kratos vs. Gabriel debate.

"B-but I have to play like three games to debate th-" shut up you blood-belching vagina and grow a pair of testicles you little nancy twinkboy. So he included an article which included tablets.

I said I outdebated him by ten percent because the judge said so. The majority said I debated against a spite matchup and yet I still brought the pain.

I know you don't have a life and play games all the time. I don't. You dlc,aimed Skyrim rules but pussed out. No balls. Dragon Age punked this shitty series.

-Pr-
You used pc in the broadest terms you could because you knew I was correct. I am.

No, I didn't. You arguing that you somehow know what I meant better than I do, just shows how badly you're reaching.

But of course, keep digging.

One_Angry_Scot
Yeah, I did. Strength levels aren't the total ball game. They never are. Someone corrected on your exaggerations of Skyrim characters.

One game vs. one game.

Power levels don't decide anything it's about formidability.

Skyrim sucks. I quit playing it because no one believed in them. Witcher 2 time now.

Ares didn't correct me. He merely pointed out that you probably weren't using that version. So it wasn't an exaggeration as Alduin is as powerful as I stated. Luckily for you that isn't included. Although I still believe Skyrim can win .

I know that too but I wasn't stating that entirely. More about asking you about who in Dragon Ahe has feats like that.

Witcher 2 is good as well for me. And I firmly believe that it can whup DA. You shoils Luke the Witcher. Nothing to do with big powerleveps though.

And you still haven't told me what the strongest people in DA can do either.

-Pr-
Ares didn't correct me. He merely pointed out that you probably weren't using that version. So it wasn't an exaggeration as Alduin is as powerful as I stated. Luckily for you that isn't included. Although I still believe Skyrim can win .

I know that too but I wasn't stating that entirely. More about asking you about who in Dragon Ahe has feats like that.

Witcher 2 is good as well for me. And I firmly believe that it can whup DA. You shoils Luke the Witcher. Nothing to do with big powerleveps though.

And you still haven't told me what the strongest people in DA can do either.

I don't know the many strongest people in Skyrim or anything, but nobody in DA can destroy universes under their own power. Even a planet would be pushing it, tbh.

Unless i'm forgetting someone.

Bardock42
Skyrim's the best. /fact

TheHulk

I definitively won that argument. Everyone knows it but more importantly I can't believe Skyrim fanbase lacks a backbone. I guess you didn't see my post....

quanchi112
No, I didn't. You arguing that you somehow know what I meant better than I do, just shows how badly you're reaching.

But of course, keep digging. Your article talked about tablets, etc. I referred to desktop pc's only. Just bow out.

quanchi112

And you still haven't told me what the strongest people in DA can do either. seemed like he corrected you. You want to know why I never sweat any of that universal reality ending type bs. The character gets beat in the game and has weaknesses like any character.

Witcher 3 seems like it will be an actual contender. Witcher 2 would get annihilated so ill let you use witcher 3 and play it when it comesout this may.

I save my arguments for the debate.

quanchi112
I guess you didn't see my post.... What ?

TheHulk
What ? I don't really remember the details, but i remember you wanted someone to argue for Skyrim.

One_Angry_Scot
seemed like he corrected you. You want to know why I never sweat any of that universal reality ending type bs. The character gets beat in the game and has weaknesses like any character.

Witcher 3 seems like it will be an actual contender. Witcher 2 would get annihilated so ill let you use witcher 3 and play it when it comesout this may.

I save my arguments for the debate.

It's because you don't know the lore. Which becomes painfully obvious each time. Thank your lucky stars that Ares threw you the line of using the ingame Alduin.

Saving arguments ergo you have none to present so you can save face.

Dragon Age still gets defeated regardless.

-Pr-
Your article talked about tablets, etc. I referred to desktop pc's only. Just bow out.

One article mentioned tablets. That's it.

And your initial point about PC gaming dying was proven wrong, but it doesn't surprise me how quickly you ran away from that one.

Just admit you were wrong and we can move on. I'm sure you'll claim you won anyway, so what's the harm.

Utrigita
Dragon Age still gets defeated regardless.

Against the Witcherverse?

One_Angry_Scot
Against the Witcherverse?

DA verse.

quanchi112
I don't really remember the details, but i remember you wanted someone to argue for Skyrim. I started playing witcher 2. Too late now.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>