God Of War series vs Devil May Cry series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reflassshh
Which series has overall better:

1: Story
2: Evolution of gameplay mechanics
3: Learning curb and weaponry
4: Characters
5: Fun factor
6: Bosses

All games taken into account, even DmC, which series is better IYO?

Demonic Phoenix
1. God of War.
I cannot remember anything that happened in the Devil May Cry series with the exception of the the basic plotline; whereas with respect to the God of War series, I know the story and plot backwards.

2. Devil May Cry I guess.
God of War's gameplay has basically stayed unaltered throughout the series with minor tweaks here and there. Devil May Cry has gone from Hack n' Slash with some survival elements to Hack n' Slash. srug
EDIT: God of War has Multiplayer. mmm

3. Devil May Cry.
More interesting and varied weapons as well as a more pronounced difficulty curve. Taking into account the various difficulties that the Devil May Cry series offers, it blows God of War out of the water, given the differences between its difficulty settings amount to more than just differences in damage, health and enemy aggression as it is in God of War.

4. God of War.
Devil May Cry 3 has the only characters worth mentioning in the series, and they killed off their best character in the first game (Vergil). God of War has mythological figures. peaches

5. Both imo.
God of War has the better and more varied gameplay overall, but Devil May Cry is better in terms of combat (by far its main focus), and I don't think it takes itself seriously for the most part, so you get shit like Dante playing a guitar after killing a succubus that wanted to get into his pants.

6. God of War. Boss fights were far more interesting to me.

God of War.

TheGoldenSpy
I think God of war has been overall more consistant a series compared to DMC.

Both dmc 2 and 4 were supbar, 1 was good and 3 was the best.

Reflassshh
@Phoenix thumb up, I may not agree with some of your points, but great post nonetheless.

Why is Dmc4 subpar?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
I think God of war has been overall more consistant a series compared to DMC.

Both dmc 2 and 4 were supbar, 1 was good and 3 was the best.

2 may have been sub-par (I haven't played it, going off critical reception only), but 4 was pretty good.

Originally posted by Reflassshh
@Phoenix thumb up, I may not agree with some of your points, but great post nonetheless.

Why is Dmc4 subpar?
Thanks. thumb up
Everyone will have their own opinion. What's yours?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.