Clubber Lane runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Clubber Lane has been challenge to a fight.

Two scenarios:
1. He receives no rest.
2. He receives rest after each fight.

1. Palmer (movie Diggstown)
2. George "Iceman" Chambers (movie Undisputed)
3. Monroe Hutchens (movie Undisputed)
4. Cinderella Man
5. Tommy Gunn (Rocky V)

How far does he get with each scenario?

Lestov16
I doubt he makes it past Iceman. If he does, Sweetwater's finest The Great Monroe owns him.

Kotor3
I say with rest he clears without rest he definitely loses somewhere between 4 and 5.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Clears

RJ 2.0
Palmer rapes.

juggerman
He gets winded WAY too fast to complete this list without rest.

With rest he can beat 2, 3 and 5. I haven't seen the other films so I have no idea about them.

Psychotron
Is this a boxing match or a street fight? Either way, he stops at Iceman. He could take Monroe, though.

RJ 2.0
Palmer fought ten men and won. He had Balboa damage soak.

Kotor3
I am guessing you are serious about Palmer. Palmer is 48 years old in the movie. He face no one near the level of Lane. Lane stomps.

Anyone who goes head to head with Lane loses unless you are Ivan Drago.

RJ 2.0
So movie feats be damned, eh? K.

Kotor3
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
So movie feats be damned, eh? K.
I'm not clear on what you mean. But the character Palmer is 48 in the movie. His feats while impressive for a 48 year old are nothing of note for in comparison to Lane.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Psychotron
Is this a boxing match or a street fight? Either way, he stops at Iceman. He could take Monroe, though.

I would say Monroe has a much better chance than Iceman. Iceman would go head on and lose quite quickly to a more powerful foe.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Kotor3
I'm not clear on what you mean. But the character Palmer is 48 in the movie. His feats while impressive for a 48 year old are nothing of note for in comparison to Lane. He fought ten men in a row.

Kotor3
He fought ten men in a row.
Yes he did. Are you implying that one of those ten men would have beaten Lane if Lane face the same situation as Palmer?

Psychotron
I would say Monroe has a much better chance than Iceman. Iceman would go head on and lose quite quickly to a more powerful foe.

Iceman had 48 wins with 48 KOs. He's just as much of a powerhouse as Clubber.

RJ 2.0
Yes he did. Are you implying that one of those ten men would have beaten Lane if Lane face the same situation as Palmer? I never said that.

Kotor3
I would put Iceman on Rocky level in terms of power. I think Clubber is definitely the more powerful of two. Clubber has shown more tolerance to taking hits. Rocky basically had to make him tired out in order to have his hits even affect Lane.

Kotor3
I never said that.
Ok. Just wanted to clarify.

Psychotron
I would put Iceman on Rocky level in terms of power. I think Clubber is definitely the more powerful of two. Clubber has shown more tolerance to taking hits. Rocky basically had to make him tired out in order to have his hits even affect Lane.

He KOed Lang in round 5, hardly impressive. This is all assuming this a boxing match, if it's a street fight then Iceman rapes.

juggerman
Round 3

KingD19
Iceman is also fast as shit. Clubber probably can't even lay a hand on him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He KOed Lang in round 5, hardly impressive. This is all assuming this a boxing match, if it's a street fight then Iceman rapes.

You're bound to be right about something

Psychotron
Originally posted by juggerman
Round 3

Even better.

Psychotron
Even better.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You're bound to be right about something

Look who's talking.

steverules_2
I am guessing you are serious about Palmer. Palmer is 48 years old in the movie. He face no one near the level of Lane. Lane stomps.

Anyone who goes head to head with Lane loses unless you are Ivan Drago.

Clubber LANG...lost to Rocky in the end

Kotor3
Really, and Iceman survived how long against Monroe? As I recalled it was the second or third round that he was KOed.

The difference is Rocky even with the Ali ability could not go toe to toe with Clubber but had to let Clubber tire himself out until he was in a weaken state. Monroe just straight out beat Iceman.

Also it took Ali type agility, skill, and tolerance in order to beat Clubber. Something Iceman does not have.

Kotor3
Originally posted by steverules_2
Clubber LANG...lost to Rocky in the end
And?

Is that suppose to be something bad? Rocky had to train in the style of Apollo(Ali) to beat Clubber and still had to use the strategy of letting Clubber beat himself. Reminds you of anything (Ali and Foreman)?

Kotor3
Originally posted by KingD19
Iceman is also fast as shit. Clubber probably can't even lay a hand on him.
I couldn't resist
laughing

Psychotron
Really, and Iceman survived how long against Monroe? As I recalled it was the second or third round that he was KOed.

The difference is Rocky even with the Ali ability could not go toe to toe with Clubber but had to let Clubber tire himself out until he was in a weaken state. Monroe just straight out beat Iceman.

Also it took Ali type agility, skill, and tolerance in order to beat Clubber. Something Iceman does not have.

It's heavily implied Iceman threw the fight. And if this is a street fight Iceman can use his legs and ground game as well. Lang's got nothing on that.

Also, Rocky took a shitload of face hits from Lang without being KOed, he didn't fight that much like Ali did.

Kotor3
It's heavily implied Iceman threw the fight. And if this is a street fight Iceman can use his legs and ground game as well. Lang's got nothing on that.

Also, Rocky took a shitload of face hits from Lang without being KOed, he didn't fight that much like Ali did.
Granted it has been a while for me but I seen the movie undisputed more than once and do not recalled any implication that Iceman threw the fight.

As for Rocky, this is what he is known for and that is taking hits. Apollo lost in Rocky II because he wanted to knock out Rocky instead of keeping his distance. Rocky manger did not want Rocky to face Clubber Lane and got soft fighters for him after the second Apollo fight because as he stated in the movie, he (Rocky) should have died from his fight with Apollo.

Also, in the first fight with Clubber Lane Rocky took a lot of hits and was KOed. The only difference with the second fight is that Rocky was better trained and conditioned and got angry and started blocking.

Rocky has taken mucho punches from every fighter he has fought so that statement does nothing to discredit Clubber Lane's power. Unless you want to say Ivan Drago punches are weak since Rocky was able to take them.

Psychotron
Granted it has been a while for me but I seen the movie undisputed more than once and do not recalled any implication that Iceman threw the fight.

As for Rocky, this is what he is known for and that is taking hits. Apollo lost in Rocky II because he wanted to knock out Rocky instead of keeping his distance. Rocky manger did not want Rocky to face Clubber Lane and got soft fighters for him after the second Apollo fight because as he stated in the movie, he (Rocky) should have died from his fight with Apollo.

Also, in the first fight with Clubber Lane Rocky took a lot of hits and was KOed. The only difference with the second fight is that Rocky was better trained and conditioned and got angry and started blocking.

Rocky has taken mucho punches from every fighter he has fought so that statement does nothing to discredit Clubber Lane's power. Unless you want to say Ivan Drago punches are weak since Rocky was able to take them.

It was mentioned that he was bankrupt and that the girl who accused him of rape was suing him. The mobsters offered to pay him in exchange for throwing the fight. We never see him agree, but given the way he dominated Monroe at the beginning of the fight and how abruptly he lost, plus his need of money, it's not unreasonable to assume he made a deal with them. Especially since Monroe hadn't been in the ring with a serious opponent for 10 years while Iceman was destroying pro boxers and was the current undefeated heavyweight champion.

Sure, Rocky learned some technique from Apollo, but he didn't really use much of it against Lang. Rocky basically let Lang unload on him until he was tired and KOed him. This is what Rocky always does.

FrothByte
Is this Michael Jai White's Iceman we're talking about?

Kotor3
It was mentioned that he was bankrupt and that the girl who accused him of rape was suing him. The mobsters offered to pay him in exchange for throwing the fight. We never see him agree, but given the way he dominated Monroe at the beginning of the fight and how abruptly he lost, plus his need of money, it's not unreasonable to assume he made a deal with them. Especially since Monroe hadn't been in the ring with a serious opponent for 10 years while Iceman was destroying pro boxers and was the current undefeated heavyweight champion.

Sure, Rocky learned some technique from Apollo, but he didn't really use much of it against Lang. Rocky basically let Lang unload on him until he was tired and KOed him. This is what Rocky always does.
I do not recall him being bankrupt at all. The mob offered him to have an early release if he fought not throw the fight. The only reason Iceman fought was not for the money but to be release early.

He did not throw the fight. He was egotistical throughout the whole movie. No way he was going to lose on purpose. The movie never presented his character in that manner.

As for Rocky, then you agree, Rocky takes hit but that does not prove the other fighter is inferior or lacks skill. Rocky had no choice but to use the Ali rope a dope because his hits were only making Clubber mad and Clubber was closing in too much.

Simply put, Clubber has shown the ability to take more damage than Iceman as shown when he smile when other fighter hit him at the being of Rocky 3. Also when fighting Rocky.

Sorry you have to prove Iceman threw the fight because he didn't.

KingD19
Okay, here's where I was getting my wires crossed. You meant Ving Rhames "Iceman", not Michael Jai White "Iceman" from Undisputed 2, who would whoop Lang's ass.

Lestov16

IDK about that. Iceman's pride, which he clearly treasured more than anything, was on the line in that fight. I am rather certain he didn't throw it.

Psychotron
Okay, here's where I was getting my wires crossed. You meant Ving Rhames "Iceman", not Michael Jai White "Iceman" from Undisputed 2, who would whoop Lang's ass.

They're the same character.

Originally posted by Lestov16
IDK about that. Iceman's pride, which he clearly treasured more than anything, was on the line in that fight. I am rather certain he didn't throw it.

I do not recall him being bankrupt at all. The mob offered him to have an early release if he fought not throw the fight. The only reason Iceman fought was not for the money but to be release early.

He did not throw the fight. He was egotistical throughout the whole movie. No way he was going to lose on purpose. The movie never presented his character in that manner.

As for Rocky, then you agree, Rocky takes hit but that does not prove the other fighter is inferior or lacks skill. Rocky had no choice but to use the Ali rope a dope because his hits were only making Clubber mad and Clubber was closing in too much.

Simply put, Clubber has shown the ability to take more damage than Iceman as shown when he smile when other fighter hit him at the being of Rocky 3. Also when fighting Rocky.

Sorry you have to prove Iceman threw the fight because he didn't.

This is one of the better parts of the film, it's hinted that Iceman threw the fight but it's never explicity shown or said.

Sure, he was egotistical, but as I said he was also bankrupt (watched the movie recently, so I'm 100% sure on this), he needed to get out and start fighting and making money again, otherwise that lawsuit would have left him with nothing.

Well ok, but Rocky pretty much always does that. Apollo taught him a few things but the core of his style was always the same. Out of all of his opponents Clubber fell first, everyone else made it to the last rounds. So Lang has a serious stamina problem which Iceman can exploit. That is assuming he doesn't wreck him with his Undisputed 2 skills.

KingD19
They're the same character, but different portrayals.

Undisputed 2 Iceman is clearly faster and a lot more skilled. Probably hits harder as well since he's the only one to take down Boyka.

Psychotron
You can attribute that to his new style and training.

KingD19
Doesn't matter what you can attribute it to. U2 Iceman is a stronger portrayal and would own Lang.

Psychotron
Doesn't matter what you can attribute it to. U2 Iceman is a stronger portrayal and would own Lang.

Okay? They're still the same guy.

KingD19
James Bond is the same guy, but you specify between Sean Connery and Daniel Craig unless you're using a composite. You don't give Connery Bond feats from Skyfall.

The guy who fought in U1 against Monroe is not the same beast from U2 that beat Boyka, who is a much tougher opponent than Munroe.

FrothByte
I don't think any Rocky character can take on U2 Chambers.

Psychotron
James Bond is the same guy, but you specify between Sean Connery and Daniel Craig unless you're using a composite. You don't give Connery Bond feats from Skyfall.

The guy who fought in U1 against Monroe is not the same beast from U2 that beat Boyka, who is a much tougher opponent than Munroe.

That's different. In this case a character was simply recast, with James Bond it's possible that it's just a code name and that they're all different spies. It woudn't make sense for all of them to be the same Bond given that he's been in service for 40+ years and doesn't age. And Craig is a seperate Bond, because his version is a reboot.

Kotor3
I guess maybe that is the confusion here. That is why I specified Undisputed and not both movies. This is iceman as he was portrayed in Undisputed I not II. Feats from I are the only ones included. They were portrayed differently to the point of them being almost two different characters. That is why I am only referring to Undisputed I.

Kotor3
They're the same character.

This is one of the better parts of the film, it's hinted that Iceman threw the fight but it's never explicity shown or said.

Sure, he was egotistical, but as I said he was also bankrupt (watched the movie recently, so I'm 100% sure on this), he needed to get out and start fighting and making money again, otherwise that lawsuit would have left him with nothing.

I remember the scene you are referring to but it did not come across the way you are inferring. The mob boss would have never wanted a fight that was setup.

I can't say I agree that it was hinted that Iceman threw the fight. That would also go against what the movie was about.

Either way Clubber Lane can beat both Iceman and Monroe from my perspective.

steverules_2
And?

Is that suppose to be something bad? Rocky had to train in the style of Apollo(Ali) to beat Clubber and still had to use the strategy of letting Clubber beat himself. Reminds you of anything (Ali and Foreman)?

You said anyone who goes head to head with Lang other than Drago loses...Rocky lost sure but he won later on so you're wrong

Kotor3
You said anyone who goes head to head with Lang other than Drago loses...Rocky lost sure but he won later on so you're wrong
How did Rocky go head to head with Clubber Lane? He resorted to blocking and letting Clubber Lane punch himself out.

Psychotron
How did Rocky go head to head with Clubber Lane? He resorted to blocking and letting Clubber Lane punch himself out.

Rocky blocked like 40% of those hits, his durability is what won the fight.

I remember the scene you are referring to but it did not come across the way you are inferring. The mob boss would have never wanted a fight that was setup.

I can't say I agree that it was hinted that Iceman threw the fight. That would also go against what the movie was about.

Either way Clubber Lane can beat both Iceman and Monroe from my perspective.

Not the old guy, the others wanted to set up the fight.

Not really. Do you seriously think a guy who hasn't been in a fight with a serious contender for 10+ years is going to take on the current heavyweight champion? A guy with 48 KOs and 0 loses?

Tattoos N Scars
I think Clubber takes Iceman from first movie, but not the Jai White version.

Kotor3
Not the old guy, the others wanted to set up the fight.

Not really. Do you seriously think a guy who hasn't been in a fight with a serious contender for 10+ years is going to take on the current heavyweight champion? A guy with 48 KOs and 0 loses?
We see this differently. Whether you find it realistic or not is not the point. Monroe was fighting for 10 years and was in shape. He trained while Iceman decided not to. Iceman took him for granted. If Monroe was not a worry then the Iceman manager would not have never told him to Iceman to be careful or to worry about Monroe. That cause Iceman to hang up the phone.

Your statement is like saying since most of the people Tyson fought were bums then Ken Norton would beat him down since he fought more formidable people. We both know that is not true.

Psychotron
We see this differently. Whether you find it realistic or not is not the point. Monroe was fighting for 10 years and was in shape. He trained while Iceman decided not to. Iceman took him for granted. If Monroe was not a worry then the Iceman manager would not have never told him to Iceman to be careful or to worry about Monroe. That cause Iceman to hang up the phone.

Your statement is like saying since most of the people Tyson fought were bums then Ken Norton would beat him down since he fought more formidable people. We both know that is not true.

It's not the same. You can't train as well in prison. Monroe was getting his ass kicked in the first 2 rounds, then suddenly he gets the edge on Iceman. A little strange, no?

Funny that you say that since Iceman was basically Mike Tyson.

steverules_2

Did Rocky lose? No he didn't, plus you keep calling him Lane when his last name is Lang, so your answer is null and void

Kotor3
It's not the same. You can't train as well in prison. Monroe was getting his ass kicked in the first 2 rounds, then suddenly he gets the edge on Iceman. A little strange, no?

Funny that you say that since Iceman was basically Mike Tyson.
The only round Monroe got own is the first round. Still you are making this movie with a simple script into a conspiracy theory. I search the web to see if there was anything backing up your theory and found nothing.

The movie clearly shows a punch that rock Iceman that was delivered from Monroe to end the fight. The premise of the movie was two undefeated fighters going at it. So in short I don't agree with the conspiracy theory.

Either way Clubber Lane rocks this version of Icemen.

Kotor3
Did Rocky lose? No he didn't, plus you keep calling him Lane when his last name is Lang, so your answer is null and void
Yep I am writing his last name incorrectly. That is the only thing I understand in your statement.

Psychotron
The only round Monroe got own is the first round. Still you are making this movie with a simple script into a conspiracy theory. I search the web to see if there was anything backing up your theory and found nothing.

The movie clearly shows a punch that rock Iceman that was delivered from Monroe to end the fight. The premise of the movie was two undefeated fighters going at it. So in short I don't agree with the conspiracy theory.

Either way Clubber Lane rocks this version of Icemen.

Fine, it could go either way IMO. I don't agree with you about the fight, it was hinted that he threw the fight, but it's obvious we're not going to come to an agreement.

Iceman would destroy him in a street fight, though.

steverules_2
Yep I am writing his last name incorrectly. That is the only thing I understand in your statement.

I proved you wrong, you said only Drago could beat Lang and you're wrong cause Rocky won, doesn't matter how he did it, and plus Rocky 4 he beat Drago. I don't see how you can't understand in my post that I asked if Rocky lost and answered my own question saying no he didn't lose, it's in plain English unless you don't understand English.

Kotor3
I proved you wrong, you said only Drago could beat Lang and you're wrong cause Rocky won, doesn't matter how he did it, and plus Rocky 4 he beat Drago. I don't see how you can't understand in my post that I asked if Rocky lost and answered my own question saying no he didn't lose, it's in plain English unless you don't understand English. Here is my statement "Anyone who goes head to head with Lane loses unless you are Ivan Drago."

Obviously, you having a hard time comprehending what that sentence means. Rocky did not go head to head or punch for punch with Lang. Rocky strategize and let Lang punch himself out. Even Apollo told Rocky to stick and move and not to go toe to toe with Lang.

So the only thing you prove is you inability to comprehend statements.

Kotor3
Fine, it could go either way IMO. I don't agree with you about the fight, it was hinted that he threw the fight, but it's obvious we're not going to come to an agreement.

Iceman would destroy him in a street fight, though. Perhaps. Do you think Iceman can take Drago?

Psychotron
Perhaps. Do you think Iceman can take Drago?

Are we talking about pure boxing? Because Drago would murder him in a boxing match. Clubber too.

Kotor3
Are we talking about pure boxing? Because Drago would murder him in a boxing match. Clubber too.
Pure boxing. If it was a street fight then I would put Rocky against Iceman.

Psychotron
Pure boxing. If it was a street fight then I would put Rocky against Iceman.

Drago would crush him in pure boxing, his punching power and size advantage is too much.

steverules_2
Here is my statement "Anyone who goes head to head with Lane loses unless you are Ivan Drago."

Obviously, you having a hard time comprehending what that sentence means. Rocky did not go head to head or punch for punch with Lang. Rocky strategize and let Lang punch himself out. Even Apollo told Rocky to stick and move and not to go toe to toe with Lang.

So the only thing you prove is you inability to comprehend statements.

Oh please, Rocky could beat Lang if he went "head to head" as you put it, guessing you missed Rocky 4 where Rocky had the strength to KO Drago. You were wrong, Rocky beat Lang, Rocky in the end was just letting Lang punch him and it did nothing to him, he was telling Lang to just punch him, then Rocky KOed your boy Lang.

juggerman
Oh please, Rocky could beat Lang if he went "head to head" as you put it, guessing you missed Rocky 4 where Rocky had the strength to KO Drago. You were wrong, Rocky beat Lang, Rocky in the end was just letting Lang punch him and it did nothing to him, he was telling Lang to just punch him, then Rocky KOed your boy Lang.

Rocky was blocking and dodging. I think he means blow for blow, and Rocky could not do that with Lang

KuRuPT Thanosi
Neither guy from Undefeated would beat Lang in a pure boxing match. That's literally absurd to even imply that.

steverules_2
Rocky was blocking and dodging. I think he means blow for blow, and Rocky could not do that with Lang

If he'd said that then yes blow for blow Rocky wouldn't stand a chance, unless he'd done the training routine he'd done in Rocky 4, that Rocky would take him down cuz the blows he took from Drago were far more powerful that what Lang could dish out and Rocky took punishment in his match with Drago

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm that's what meeting him head on meant.. Toe to toe.. he did clarify with that statement.

Psychotron

This again? Lang connected a shit ton of times and couldn't KO Rocky. Drago is >> Lang by feats.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummmm you couldn't be more wrong... Lang look like he physically hurt Rocky more than Drago... He Knockdown Rocky 2 times in the rematch and rocky seemed really hurt and struggled to get up. That's not even getting into the decisive KO in the first fight. Drago had Rocky down more but the fight was also A LOT longer and Rocky didn't seem as hurt when he was down. In fact, he pop right back up numerous times. Now, IMO the clear presentation of the movie was supposed to be that Drago was a machine and the hardest puncher we've seen... but based on feats in the respective fights.. I certainly wouldn't say Drago hit rocky harder... in fact I'd say the opposite.

steverules_2
Ummm that's what meeting him head on meant.. Toe to toe.. he did clarify with that statement.

No he didn't, he said head to head, I've heard head to head used for when two people are going to face each other in a match, not when two guys are just gonna trade blows erm

Psychotron
Ummmm you couldn't be more wrong... Lang look like he physically hurt Rocky more than Drago... He Knockdown Rocky 2 times in the rematch and rocky seemed really hurt and struggled to get up. That's not even getting into the decisive KO in the first fight. Drago had Rocky down more but the fight was also A LOT longer and Rocky didn't seem as hurt when he was down. In fact, he pop right back up numerous times. Now, IMO the clear presentation of the movie was supposed to be that Drago was a machine and the hardest puncher we've seen... but based on feats in the respective fights.. I certainly wouldn't say Drago hit rocky harder... in fact I'd say the opposite.

Drago was tossing Rocky around and knocked him down more than once, so that doesn't prove anything. There was a point in the match where Lang scored 20+ direct hits on Rocky's head and failed to knock him out, meanwhile Drago has confirmed superhuman punches and KILLED Apollo in 2 rounds. Finally, Drago has far greater stamina than Clubber, who was out of gas after 3 rounds. It should also be noted that Rocky was physically at his peak in Rocky IV.

Kotor3
No he didn't, he said head to head, I've heard head to head used for when two people are going to face each other in a match, not when two guys are just gonna trade blows erm
I actually clarified for you and still you are denying what I said. Here is my previous post: "Obviously, you having a hard time comprehending what that sentence means. Rocky did not go head to head or punch for punch with Lang. Rokcy strategize and let Lang punch himself out. Even Apollo told Rocky to stick and move and not to go toe to toe with Lang."

steverules_2
Have you missed Rocky 4? If Lang faced that Rocky he'd lose and badly, Rocky took a beating and still took Drago down, Rocky took quite a beating in 3 as well and shook it off, he wore Lang down sure but the fact is he was just letting Lang punch him and it did nothing

juggerman
...but the fact is he was just letting Lang punch him and it did nothing

Nope

steverules_2
Nope

Yup

Second fight he told Lang come on hit me and he was getting punched and getting back up and shrugging it off like nothing, saying nope isn't an argument. First fight with Lang yes he lost, second fight Langs punches were doing nothing to Rocky.

juggerman
Yup

Second fight he told Lang come on hit me and he was getting punched and getting back up and shrugging it off like nothing, saying nope isn't an argument. First fight with Lang yes he lost, second fight Langs punches were doing nothing to Rocky.

Watch the fight. Rocky was baiting Lang in and then blocking. He was not taking Lang's hits intentionally.

Ergo "nope"

Silent Master
Yes Rocky had his hands up, but the punches were still connecting, having your hands up doesn't negate a punches force.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Drago was tossing Rocky around and knocked him down more than once, so that doesn't prove anything. There was a point in the match where Lang scored 20+ direct hits on Rocky's head and failed to knock him out, meanwhile Drago has confirmed superhuman punches and KILLED Apollo in 2 rounds. Finally, Drago has far greater stamina than Clubber, who was out of gas after 3 rounds. It should also be noted that Rocky was physically at his peak in Rocky IV.

Nah it was never 20 blows and some of those were being blocked. I don't care about Stamina.. I never commented on it. I'm only talking about how their punches were dealt with my Rocky. You said Drago certainly hit Rocky harder... I simply disagreed which is back up by the movies. Rocky was more visibly hurt by Lang than he was by Drago. There is simply no way around that fact. As I said though, I agree that the director clear presentation was supposed to be that Drago was the hardest puncher we've seen... but based on actual fight against rocky it didn't come across that way.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yes Rocky had his hands up, but the punches were still connecting, having your hands up doesn't negate a punches force.

You never been in a fight before have you? I mean to say something like this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anybody say. The whole point of blocking is it absolutely 100% negates a punches impact on you if you block it. There is literally no way it doesn't, ever.

Kotor3
Having you hands up is not the same as taking a full impact punch with your hands down, otherwise they would not call it blocking.

Silent Master
You never been in a fight before have you? I mean to say something like this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anybody say. The whole point of blocking is it absolutely 100% negates a punches impact on you if you block it. There is literally no way it doesn't, ever.

I actually have been in fights before and been trained in combat, holding your hands up like Rocky did does not in fact negate 100% of the force of a punch, the fact that you think it does only proves that it's you that have never been in a fight.

Kotor3
Have you missed Rocky 4? If Lang faced that Rocky he'd lose and badly, Rocky took a beating and still took Drago down, Rocky took quite a beating in 3 as well and shook it off, he wore Lang down sure but the fact is he was just letting Lang punch him and it did nothing
I saw all the movies and Rocky never traded punch for punch with anyone. Apollo clearly lost from being tired from beating Rocky through round. Actually, Rocky won every fight from 2 through 4 by basically letting the opponent punch himself out.

In four Rocky was willing to die his determination was different from any other movie.

No I don't agree that the Rocky in 4 would destroy Clubber Lang. If he traded punch for punch with Lang he would lost.

The only thing Rocky has over any of his opponents is durability.

juggerman

They were connecting with his gloves not his head. That lessens the damage that was inflicted since his gloves took the brunt of the impact

KuRuPT Thanosi
I actually have been in fights before and been trained in combat, holding your hands up like Rocky did does not in fact negate 100% of the force of a punch, the fact that you think it does only proves that it's you that have never been in a fight.

Nice try, but you've been caught. I NEVER said it negates a 100% of the force of the punch if you block it. show me where I even said such a thing. On the other hand, what you said is absolutely retarded and I know for a fact you've never trained in combat sports. YOU SAID blocking doesn't negate the power of the punch. Which is 100% false and it absolutely without question takes some of the impact away from the punch landing on you. To say otherwise is bordering on the dumbest comment I've seen on this site. That's saying a lot with the likes of quan posts.

Silent Master
You're giving holding your hands up way more credit that it deserves. you act like just holding your hands up like Rocky would allow a normal person to tank 20+ hits from Tyson/Foreman.

juggerman
You're giving holding your hands up way more credit that it deserves. you act like just holding your hands up like Rocky would allow a normal person to tank 20+ hits from Tyson/Foreman.

No but it would allow a trained boxer to take more hits from Tyson/Foreman/Lang before being seriously injured.

Silent Master
Nice try, but you've been caught. I NEVER said it negates a 100% of the force of the punch if you block it. show me where I even said such a thing. On the other hand, what you said is absolutely retarded and I know for a fact you've never trained in combat sports. YOU SAID blocking doesn't negate the power of the punch. Which is 100% false and it absolutely without question takes some of the impact away from the punch landing on you. To say otherwise is bordering on the dumbest comment I've seen on this site. That's saying a lot with the likes of quan posts.

Negating means to make something ineffective, holding your hands up in boxing might lower the impact but it hardly makes punches ineffective. and BTW I never said I was trained in combat sports, I said I was trained in combat...I've had several years of MA training, including that of a Navy Seal during boot-camp.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again stop moving the goalposts you've been caught just admit you stated the wrong thing. Again you said this

This is 100% false and couldn't be more false. Blocking does 100% lessen the impact of a punch. This is without question. Nobody is saying it totally takes away any impact on you or you can just block like that forever and never be hurt. Not once has anybody said that. However, what we do know is your statement was 100% false and you're still not admitting it.

Silent Master
No but it would allow a trained boxer to take more hits from Tyson/Foreman/Lang before being seriously injured.

How much of the force do you think it stopped?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Negating means to make something ineffective, holding your hands up in boxing might lower the impact but it hardly makes punches ineffective. and BTW I never said I was trained in combat sports, I said I was trained in combat...I've had several years of MA training, including that of a Navy Seal during boot-camp.

Okay so you're admitting you were wrong in your statement then? blocking does negate some of the impact correct? As opposed to.. blocking doesn't negate a punches impact

KuRuPT Thanosi

Who can say... who knows.. What we DO know is that you were wrong and it does negate some of the impact. Period end of story

Silent Master
Again stop moving the goalposts you've been caught just admit you stated the wrong thing. Again you said this

This is 100% false and couldn't be more false. Blocking does 100% lessen the impact of a punch. This is without question. Nobody is saying it totally takes away any impact on you or you can just block like that forever and never be hurt. Not once has anybody said that. However, what we do know is your statement was 100% false and you're still not admitting it.

Actually it isn't false as I've already proven, negate means to make something ineffective and simply lessening the force of a punch only lessens it's effectiveness, it doesn't remove it.

You're just trying to change the definition of the word because you know I'm right.

Silent Master
Who can say... who knows.. What we DO know is that you were wrong and it does negate some of the impact. Period end of story

Again, negate means to make something ineffective, if holding your hands up really make punches ineffective by all means post a vid of you tanking 20+ hits from a boxer.

KuRuPT Thanosi

then you said this:

"holding your hands up in boxing might lower the impact but it hardly makes punches ineffective"

These are the two things you said... So WHICH IS IT? You keep focusing on the word negate because you've been owned and you know it. Which is why you made conflicting posts. Blocking absolutely 100% lessen the impact of a punch. There is no getting around that fact.

juggerman

As long as it stopped some, Rocky did not tank Lang's blows as some are trying to claim

Silent Master
then you said this:

"holding your hands up in boxing might lower the impact but it hardly makes punches ineffective"

These are the two things you said... So WHICH IS IT? You keep focusing on the word negate because you've been owned and you know it. Which is why you made conflicting posts. Blocking absolutely 100% lessen the impact of a punch. There is no getting around that fact.

I get that you're upset that I use words correctly, but instead of throwing a hissy fit, maybe you should just educate yourself as that would solve the problem.

KuRuPT Thanosi

then you said this:

Which is it?

Silent Master
The stances don't contradict each other, so why do you keep asking "which is it"?

Jmanghan
James J Braddock absolutely destroys him. This is almost spite.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The stances don't contradict each other, so why do you keep asking "which is it"?

of course it does... Somebody commented that Lang hit Rocky with 20+ answered punches to the head. To which somebody else and I commented that he was blocking them not taking the full effects to his head. To which you say, Blocking punches doesn't negate a punches force. WTF? So then what exactly are you saying with your comment? Why were you interjecting such a moronic comment? Are you saying Rocky would've taken the same impact had he not been blocking? If not, why are commenting.. if you're saying blocking does lessen the impact that you are agreeing with us.. if that's the case then your comment makes no sense.

Silent Master
Just saying that my comments contradict each other doesn't make it true, you should probably educate yourself in regards to what words actually mean.

KuRuPT Thanosi
of course it does... Somebody commented that Lang hit Rocky with 20+ answered punches to the head. To which somebody else and I commented that he was blocking them not taking the full effects to his head. To which you say, Blocking punches doesn't negate a punches force. WTF? So then what exactly are you saying with your comment? Why were you interjecting such a moronic comment? Are you saying Rocky would've taken the same impact had he not been blocking? If not, why are commenting.. if you're saying blocking does lessen the impact that you are agreeing with us.. if that's the case then your comment makes no sense.

Silent Master
Just saying that my comments contradict each other doesn't make it true, you should probably educate yourself in regards to what words actually mean.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Concession accepted

Psychotron
Nah it was never 20 blows and some of those were being blocked. I don't care about Stamina.. I never commented on it. I'm only talking about how their punches were dealt with my Rocky. You said Drago certainly hit Rocky harder... I simply disagreed which is back up by the movies. Rocky was more visibly hurt by Lang than he was by Drago. There is simply no way around that fact. As I said though, I agree that the director clear presentation was supposed to be that Drago was the hardest puncher we've seen... but based on actual fight against rocky it didn't come across that way.

Sure, Rocky had his hands up but Clubber was landing a lot of body shots which are far more painful than face hits. The fact that fight choreography was more realistic here doesn't prove he hit Rocky harder, he never rocked Rocky like Drago did, and he faced an inferior Rocky.

Silent Master
Sure, Rocky had his hands up but Clubber was landing a lot of body shots which are far more painful than face hits. The fact that fight choreography was more realistic here doesn't prove he hit Rocky harder, he never rocked Rocky like Drago did, and he faced an inferior Rocky.

You'll have to forgive him, he thinks holding your hands up makes your opponent's punches ineffective.

Psychotron
You'll have to forgive him, he thinks holding your hands up makes your opponent's punches ineffective.

A common misconception, people just don't how devastating a shot that hits your liver is.

Star428
You know, sometimes I wonder if some people have seen a secret alternate version of a movie (or movies) that the rest of us have seen.

Anyone who thinks Clubber Lang was hitting harder than Drago obviously didn't watch the movies very closely. Seriously, the punching power between the two was a HUGE gap in Drago's favor. Don't see how anyone could think otherwise. The only advantages Lang would've had over Drago would've been speed and agility. Clubber's punches probably wouldn't have had much of an effect on Drago at all and Drago likely would've killed Lang like he did Apollo though it would've taken longer. One shot would all Drago would need to get in to seriously hurt him. Lang's faster but eventually Drago would connect then the rest of the fight would go downhill for Lang. Post-training Rocky from Rocky 4 would beat Lang decisively long before 15 rounds were up.

steverules_2
I saw all the movies and Rocky never traded punch for punch with anyone. Apollo clearly lost from being tired from beating Rocky through round. Actually, Rocky won every fight from 2 through 4 by basically letting the opponent punch himself out.

In four Rocky was willing to die his determination was different from any other movie.

No I don't agree that the Rocky in 4 would destroy Clubber Lang. If he traded punch for punch with Lang he would lost.

The only thing Rocky has over any of his opponents is durability.

Don't gimme that bull shit. You said the only one Lang can't go head to head with Ivan Drago, your words. Rocky went head to head with Drago and beat him, KOed him. If Rocky had done the training he'd done in Rocky 4 in no.3 then Lang wouldn't have been able to take the power behind Rocky's punches. You've contradicted yourself. Rocky took down a guy who's punches were fuelled by steroids.

I'm even nice enough to post the fight for your:
dAUWyYc7Fi0

Psychotron
Originally posted by Star428
You know, sometimes I wonder if some people have seen a secret alternate version of a movie (or movies) that the rest of us have seen.

Anyone who thinks Clubber Lang was hitting harder than Drago obviously didn't watch the movies very closely. Seriously, the punching power between the two was a HUGE gap in Drago's favor. Don't see how anyone could think otherwise. The only advantages Lang would've had over Drago would've been speed and agility. Clubber's punches probably wouldn't have had much of an effect on Drago at all and Drago likely would've killed Lang like he did Apollo though it would've taken longer. One shot would all Drago would need to get in to seriously hurt him. Lang's faster but eventually Drago would connect then the rest of the fight would go downhill for Lang. Post-training Rocky from Rocky 4 would beat Lang decisively long before 15 rounds were up.

Well he already beat him in a few rounds in Rocky III, Rocky from part IV would annihilate Lang.

Kotor3
I do not know if Lang hits harder than Drago but he makes a good point that Lang hits rock Rocky more than any other opponent he face. That is a fact.

Rocky trained like hell for his fight with Lang and he was younger than he was with his fight with Drago in which he was not even an active fighter at the time. So, I disagree that Rocky IV was his prime. The only difference is in Rocky IV he was willing to die and had the most determination to win than any other movie since he was the reason Apollo die.

Rocky taking the amount of hits while blocking shows his conditioning of his body because Lang was putting all his force into those blows.

Besides Rocky first fight with Apollo, Lang is the only fighter he was scared of due to the power of his hits.

Also, take a look at the fight between Ali and Foreman. Rocky fight with Lang is straight from this fight. After two rounds of tiring himself out Ali decided to block for most of the match. Like Rocky he did not just block the hits he dodge many of them. So Rocky did not just stand still in round three taking Lang hits.

Kotor3
Don't gimme that bull shit. You said the only one Lang can't go head to head with Ivan Drago, your words. Rocky went head to head with Drago and beat him, KOed him. If Rocky had done the training he'd done in Rocky 4 in no.3 then Lang wouldn't have been able to take the power behind Rocky's punches. You've contradicted yourself. Rocky took down a guy who's punches were fuelled by steroids.

I'm even nice enough to post the fight for your:
dAUWyYc7Fi0
LoL. I have not contradicted myselt at all. I am not suprise though your reading comprehension is entertianing at most.

Psychotron
I do not know if Lang hits harder than Drago but he makes a good point that Lang hits rock Rocky more than any other opponent he face. That is a fact.

Rocky trained like hell for his fight with Lang and he was younger than he was with his fight with Drago in which he was not even an active fighter at the time. So, I disagree that Rocky IV was his prime. The only difference is in Rocky IV he was willing to die and had the most determination to win than any other movie since he was the reason Apollo die.

Rocky taking the amount of hits while blocking shows his conditioning of his body because Lang was putting all his force into those blows.

Besides Rocky first fight with Apollo, Lang is the only fighter he was scared of due to the power of his hits.

Also, take a look at the fight between Ali and Foreman. Rocky fight with Lang is straight from this fight. After two rounds of tiring himself out Ali decided to block for most of the match. Like Rocky he did not just block the hits he dodge many of them. So Rocky did not just stand still in round three taking Lang hits.

Yeah, and Rocky took his hits just fine.

Rocky IV picks up pretty much right after the end of Rocky III, so Rocky wasn't much older. The only difference is that he trains his body to it's peak (running up a motherf*cking mountain vs. running up some stairs), and is more determined that ever. That Rocky would level Lang.

Sure, and he was even tougher when facing Drago.

I wouldn't say he was scared, he just chose a different strategy this time due to Apollo's training.

I know which match it's based on, but if you look at the real thing you'll notice that it's very different. There were parts in the final fight where Rocky was taking 5-6 direct shots to the face and not slowing down, Ali would have been on a stretcher if he gave that many free shots to Foreman.

juggerman
Yeah, and Rocky took his hits just fine.

Nope

steverules_2
LoL. I have not contradicted myselt at all. I am not suprise though your reading comprehension is entertianing at most.

This coming from a guy who says "myselt", "entertianing" and calls Clubber Lang Clubber Lane...how about you learn to spell before you tell me about my reading skills wink

KuRuPT Thanosi
A common misconception, people just don't how devastating a shot that hits your liver is.

You'll have to forgive Silent.. HE think blocking punch doesn't lessen the impact at all. It's a wonder anybody blocks being that it does nothing. Professionals who have trained most of their life in the sport are wrong.. as are their trainers and Silent is right LMAO

Psychotron
Nope

Yep, Lang failed to KO Rocky even though he had a bunch of free shots, many of which were either body shots or face shots.

You'll have to forgive Silent.. HE think blocking punch doesn't lessen the impact at all. It's a wonder anybody blocks being that it does nothing. Professionals who have trained most of their life in the sport are wrong.. as are their trainers and Silent is right LMAO

We're talking about body shots here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
he wasn't... He thinks you can hurt somebody just the same if a punch is blocked or it's not. That's silent for you, zero combat experience. I literally spit out my water on my keyboard when I saw him claim he was a seal LMAO

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yep, Lang failed to KO Rocky even though he had a bunch of free shots, many of which were either body shots or face shots.

We're talking about body shots here.

Sorry Bud, as you admit Rocky seemed more hurt by Lang. We don't just discount that fact.

juggerman

But his "free shots" did more to Rocky than Drago's "free shots".

And Lang hit Rocky with a grand total of 3 clearly unblocked body shots and 2 more that were unclear as to if they were blocked by his arm or not, so at most 5. The other 3 were clearly blocked by his arm so he did not receive the full impact of those hits. All of them were in the final round when Lang was already gassed as well. So he got hit with a grand total of 8 body shots with at least 3 being blocked by an exhausted Lang.

Kotor3

Kotor3
This coming from a guy who says "myselt", "entertianing" and calls Clubber Lang Clubber Lane...how about you learn to spell before you tell me about my reading skills wink
I give you that, you can at least spell. It's a start. Now lets work on the reading comprehension and you will be ready to converse with me again.

Oh, and I am working so, my comments are rushed at times. But please point out any spelling mistakes I may make, its appreciated.

Psychotron

juggerman
You guys are nuts, Lang gave Rocky a few bruises, Drago gave Rocky brain damage. He wasn't even allowed to fight anymore after Drago.

Drago wasn't the only factor in the brain damage. It was due to years and years of taking punches to the dome

Psychotron
Drago wasn't the only factor in the brain damage. It was due to years and years of taking punches to the dome

And yet it happened after Drago, the guy with the confirmed superhuman punches.

juggerman
And yet it happened after Drago, the guy with the confirmed superhuman punches.

It did happen after him, doesn't mean he was the only factor

steverules_2
I give you that, you can at least spell. It's a start. Now lets work on the reading comprehension and you will be ready to converse with me again.

Oh, and I am working so, my comments are rushed at times. But please point out any spelling mistakes I may make, its appreciated.

So you're on here when you're meant to be working? Well that's just fantastic. It's nice that you think I need work on reading when you failed to understand "Does Rocky lose? No he doesn't". I don't see how you can fail to understand plain English yet here you are insulting my reading. Since you seem to have trouble understanding English perhaps you understand sign language?

http://i.minus.com/iIyB1DxeY2XyK.gif

Silent Master
It's very clear that the intent was that Drago was the major factor in the damage.

juggerman
I'm not saying he wasn't a factor or even a major one. Just that he wasn't the only one.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course he wasn't the only one... The director showed us VARIES fights of his throughout his career when discussing his brain damage. It was not only caused by Drago. Simple. The reality is, Lang hurt Rocky more as you admit. It's really that simple. We can call it the director making it more realistic... we can call it any number of things... but it's what happened.

Kotor3

juggerman
At no point in the match did it seem like Rocky was about to lose.

Missed this earlier. That is untrue. In fact, Rocky was in such bad shape his wife called out to have the fight stopped. Not something that happened in his other fights that I recall but please correct me if I'm wrong. We were clearly being shown he was in a bad way

Silent Master
That has to be the most biased summary of the movies that I have ever seen.

juggerman
That has to be the most biased summary of the movies that I have ever seen.

Quan has him beat in the actual Drago vs Lang thread

Silent Master
Probably, but quan doesn't actually believe what he says, he just trolls because he likes the attention...I think Kotor3 really believes what he is saying.

Kotor3
So you're on here when you're meant to be working? Well that's just fantastic. It's nice that you think I need work on reading when you failed to understand "Does Rocky lose? No he doesn't". I don't see how you can fail to understand plain English yet here you are insulting my reading. Since you seem to have trouble understanding English perhaps you understand sign language?

http://i.minus.com/iIyB1DxeY2XyK.gif I was having fun with you but now it seems that you are taking this a little too personal.

It is not my problem that you could not understand the context in which I used "head to head", even though I and others explain it to you.

Also why are you posting videos of Rocky IV. Rocky already fought Lang in three. He did not go head to head (punch for punch) with Lang.

Your concession is accepted.

Psychotron
It did happen after him, doesn't mean he was the only factor

Not the only factor, but the biggest one.

steverules_2
I was having fun with you but now it seems that you are taking this a little too personal.

It is not my problem that you could not understand the context in which I used "head to head", even though I and others explain it to you.

Also why are you posting videos of Rocky IV. Rocky already fought Lang in three. He did not go head to head (punch for punch) with Lang.

Your concession is accepted.

Personal? No I find this to be quite humorous, you try to insult my reading whilst you couldn't understand a simple statement earlier that was written in English whilst making numerous spelling mistakes.

You're the one who decided to add Drago to this conversation not me. You said Drago could beat Lang head to head yet you say Rocky from the 4th film couldn't even though he beat Drago HEAD TO HEAD. Before you could've easily said 'Why are you mentioning Rocky from the 4th film?' yet you didn't after I proved you wrong that Rocky could beat Lang head to head had he had the training from the 4th film.

I took 'head to head' out of context and thought it meant that the two would just have a fight. All this cuz I said Rocky beat Lang in the 3rd film and you got all hormonal about it.

YOUR concession is accepted.
wink

juggerman
Not the only factor, but the biggest one.

Never stated

Kotor3
Personal? No I find this to be quite humorous, you try to insult my reading whilst you couldn't understand a simple statement earlier that was written in English whilst making numerous spelling mistakes.

You're the one who decided to add Drago to this conversation not me. You said Drago could beat Lang head to head yet you say Rocky from the 4th film couldn't even though he beat Drago HEAD TO HEAD. Before you could've easily said 'Why are you mentioning Rocky from the 4th film?' yet you didn't after I proved you wrong that Rocky could beat Lang head to head had he had the training from the 4th film.

I took 'head to head' out of context and thought it meant that the two would just have a fight. All this cuz I said Rocky beat Lang in the 3rd film and you got all hormonal about it.

YOUR concession is accepted.
wink
WOW Dude!
Please post my post were I said this " You said Drago could beat Lang head to head yet you say Rocky from the 4th film couldn't even though he beat Drago HEAD TO HEAD."

juggerman
Now that is has been pointed out, I cannot look past it saying "Clubber Lane" in the title. Please request a change!!!!!! miffed

steverules_2
WOW Dude!
Please post my post were I said this " You said Drago could beat Lang head to head yet you say Rocky from the 4th film couldn't even though he beat Drago HEAD TO HEAD."

At the start of the thread you said Lang couldn't beat Drago head to head you then said:

I never quoted you word for word yet you seem to think I have, I just summarised your posts up. And I was actually saying you'd said 'You said Drago could beat Lang head to head yet you say Rocky from the 4th film.' You never mentioned Rocky beating Drago.

Kotor3
Now that is has been pointed out, I cannot look past it saying "Clubber Lane" in the title. Please request a change!!!!!! miffed
LOL. I made the mistake more than once during this thread. Will do.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I guess if you didn't read anything on the movie I guess you could think they were saying Lane lol

Kotor3
At the start of the thread you said Lang couldn't beat Drago head to head you then said:

I never quoted you word for word yet you seem to think I have, I just summarised your posts up. And I was actually saying you'd said 'You said Drago could beat Lang head to head yet you say Rocky from the 4th film.' You never mentioned Rocky beating Drago.
What I said was only Drago could go head to head with Lang. Anyone else who was mentioned in the thread would lose. Once again, head to head meaning punch for punch. Yes, Drago could definitely win against Lang in that situation or lose.

As for Rocky IV. Just because he defeated Drago all of a sudden you feel his punching power exceeds Lang. There is nothing to back that up. Rocky was Drago second or really 1st professional fight. Whereas Lang had beaten countless professional fighters as well as Rocky.

The whole premise of Lang as a fighter was that Rocky, not even the hungry Rocky of I and II could face Lang and go punch for punch. Hence why he needed training from Apollo. As for Rocky IV he was older and had not be an active fighter for years.

The biggest point you are forgetting is that it wasn't Rocky's punching power that defeated any of his opponents it was his durability. If you don't agree that Rocky's durability won those fights then it is really nothing more to talk about because we are not going to agree.

steverules_2
Very well

Silent Master
Drago would destroy Lang in a boxing match.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nah, he very well could, but it certainly isn't a given. He's an amateur fighter who hadn't fought anybody of significance before Rocky. Lang fought his way to the top beating contender after contender and other professionals. The experience and resume difference is extreme

Silent Master
All those "contenders" were featless no-names. I don't think Lang's record was ever mentioned, but we know that Drago record was something like 100-0, all by knockout.

Kotor3
All those "contenders" were featless no-names. I don't think Lang's record was ever mentioned, but we know that Drago record was something like 100-0, all by knockout.
Featless but professionals. Rocky is not a featless character. Thank you for showing us Drago's featless amateur record. His professional record is 0-1.

Silent Master
Featless but professionals. Rocky is not a featless character. Thank you for showing us Drago's featless amateur record. His professional record is 0-1.

He may have lost to Rocky, but he lasted far longer than Clubber did.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>