LT Clint Lorance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Convicted of murder in 2012 to serve 20 years for ordering his platoon to shoot at a motorcycle moving at high speed towards his platoon. This type of attack has happened countless times, Clinton however did not fire a shot.

A petition to the President has received over 100,000 signatures which requires him to address the issue. However Obama has not even addressed this issue.

What is interesting is when Obama makes calls on drone strikes non combattens lose their life all the time due to these drone strikes which are shots called from the air.

http://www.freeclintlorance.com

Tzeentch
Not sure what Obama is supposed to do, here. The guy was convicted twice, once by the courts and then again in a second investigation this year. What's the point in having a military judiciary system if you're going to ignore their rulings despite having zero military experience yourself?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Not sure what Obama is supposed to do, here. The guy was convicted twice, once by the courts and then again in a second investigation this year. What's the point in having a military judiciary system if you're going to ignore their rulings despite having zero military experience yourself?

Zero military experience? Lmao.

I did two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He made the right call.

Obama should pardon him immediately. But he is to busy trying to get the deserter Sgt.bowe bergdahl off for desertion charges..go figure right?

Tzeentch
I was referring to Obama having no military experience.

Why? Why should Obama go against the rulings of the military and our justice system?

Time Immemorial
I was referring to Obama having no military experience.

Why? Why should Obama go against the rulings of the military and our justice system?

The investigation and prosecuted was a sham.

Why is he trying to let a deserter off and telling the army to drag its feet on the investigation?

Time Immemorial
So wait.

A guy who trying to save his platoon get 20 years, a guy who deserted his post gets to walk.

LOL!!!!!

KingD19
If Obama weighed in on every sham trial in the US, George Zimmerman would be in jail for killing Trayvon Martin.

Conversely, Marissa Alexander wouldn't have spent years in prison for firing a warning shot in her own home because her abusive ex-husband was trespassing and threatening to kill her.

A lot of cops would be in jail for needlessly killing and or injuring civilians, like flashbanging a baby in the face.

That guy who shot that poor girl in the back of the head as she was leaving his porch after a car crash because he felt threatened would be in jail.

Conversely, a lot of people in jail for injuring or killing cops in self defense wouldn't be in jail.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
If Obama weighed in on every sham trial in the US, George Zimmerman would be in jail for killing Trayvon Martin.

Conversely, Marissa Alexander wouldn't have spent years in prison for firing a warning shot in her own home because her abusive ex-husband was trespassing and threatening to kill her.

A lot of cops would be in jail for needlessly killing and or injuring civilians, like flashbanging a baby in the face.

That guy who shot that poor girl in the back of the head as she was leaving his porch after a car crash because he felt threatened.

Conversely, a lot of people in jail for injuring or killing cops in self defense wouldn't be in jail.

The trial has already happened and he is in jail.

A petition has been submitted for a pardon because its obvious the trial was a sham.

However right now he is actively trying to see that the Deserter Sgt. Berg walks.

KingD19
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
The trial has already happened and he is in jail.

A petition has been submitted for a pardon because its obvious the trial was a sham.

However right now he is actively trying to see that the Deserter Sgt. Berg walks.

The Trayvon Martin petition to jail Zimmerman for his crimes reached 2.2 million signatures. He didn't throw his power around for that case despite having a personal connection to it since his children and even his wife and himself could face that same kind of discrimination if they were around the wrong people or in the wrong part of the country.

Tzeentch
The investigation and prosecuted was a sham.

Why is he trying to let a deserter off and telling the army to drag its feet on the investigation? Obama doesn't know the investigation was/is a sham. They (the military courts) are the expects at military law, not him.

I agree that if it would be whack if Bergdahl was pardoned if it turns out that he did indeed desert his post.

Time Immemorial
The Trayvon Martin petition to jail Zimmerman for his crimes reached 2.2 million signatures. He didn't throw his power around for that case despite having a personal connection to it since his children and even his wife and himself could face that same kind of discrimination if they were around the wrong people or in the wrong part of the country.

That was a domestic issue, this is a military issue during war time, and he is the commander n cheif.

KingD19
I think they announced they did find he deserted his post and he will be charged. I didn't see anywhere where Obama was personally stepping in for Bergdahl after a quick search. Just that a retired soldier is saying the "white house" is dragging their feet. Something the Pentagon denied.

Time Immemorial
I think they announced they did find he deserted his post and he will be charged. I didn't see anywhere where Obama was personally stepping in for Bergdahl after a quick search. Just that a retired soldier is saying the "white house" is dragging their feet. Something the Pentagon denied.

Do some research, they literally trying to help this guy walk..

Tzeentch
From what I've heard, the military doesn't (yet?) have plans to charge Bergdahl.

KingD19
That was a domestic issue, this is a military issue during war time, and he is the commander n cheif.

The petition to the white house still reached infinitely more signatures than it needed and he didn't act. Apparently he doesn't have to do anything even if you get the signatures. So the cases aren't different in the fact that it's not his job to personally oversee them and intervene.

That's what a military tribunal is for. Just like that's what a jury is for in the civilian cases.

Bad shit happens to people who don't deserve it.

Time Immemorial
From what I've heard, the military doesn't (yet?) have plans to charge Bergdahl.

Don't you think that is a problem?

KingD19

Time Immemorial
I'm tired, Ill read in the AM and respond.

Quincy
If that's all true then **** this guy

Time Immemorial

Quincy
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/crime/2015/01/12/clint-lorance-afghanistan-murders-case-army/21470289/

Time Immemorial
Seems there is two stories. And the stories that paint him in a bad picture sound like complete shit. This guys has tons of awards and commendations.

Quincy
Then why would his platoon say these things in court?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Quincy
Then why would his platoon say these things in court?

I forgot people always tell the truth.

Quincy
Clever! You're very clever!

What's the point of this TI? The argument goes both ways - and if it's your only opinion on the other side of the argument, this entire thread is pointless.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Quincy
Clever! You're very clever!

What's the point of this TI? The argument goes both ways - and if it's your only opinion on the other side of the argument, this entire thread is pointless.

Ur pointless but i still love you,

Quincy
Well I can't blame you for saying that. We good.

FastestFox
So you're just going to say "those are all lies" because it doesn't fit your knee jerk reaction and talk trash about people you don't know?
"That guy has tons of awards and commendations"
So do I, and so did all of the other 20 something witnesses. You want to a source? I'm right here. I'm Todd Fitzgerald.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FastestFox
So you're just going to say "those are all lies" because it doesn't fit your knee jerk reaction and talk trash about people you don't know?
"That guy has tons of awards and commendations"
So do I, and so did all of the other 20 something witnesses. You want to a source? I'm right here. I'm Todd Fitzgerald.

Should I be afraid of ur stupid name posing?

FastestFox
Well you clearly don't read very well. I'm the one quoted in the article. That's why I told you my name.

Time Immemorial
Well you clearly don't read very well. I'm the one quoted in the article. That's why I told you my name.

Yea sure you are.

FastestFox
Well I could prove it but if you're going to be a willfully ignorant ******* for no reason I don't see a point in arguing with an idiot.

Time Immemorial
Well I could prove it but if you're going to be a willfully ignorant ******* for no reason I don't see a point in arguing with an idiot.

Let's see out of 300 million Americans, Todd Fitzgerald shows up on a dying movie forum to prove something to the world?

Please prove it and then you can say I told you so.

FastestFox
Alright but you asked for it. Since I had to create a profile to respond and it's new, I can't post links so I'll break it up.
tinypic. com/r/a2xkrd/8

Also, I had heard there was a new Fox segment on this story so I Googled his name and this was on the first page of results (as sorted by last 24 hours). That's how I got here.

KingD19
Seriously though TI, you can't say, "All these people who only heard about him say he's a hero and he has awards!!!" then look at the men who actually worked with him and served under him and saw what he was like first hand and go "Sounds like shit. People lie."

Edit: HOOOOOOLY SHIT!!! SHOTS FIRED!!!

Time Immemorial
Tinypic.com/R/a2xkrd/8

I see nothing..try again.

Time Immemorial
Alright but you asked for it. Since I had to create a profile to respond and it's new, I can't post links so I'll break it up.
tinypic. com/r/a2xkrd/8

Also, I had heard there was a new Fox segment on this story so I Googled his name and this was on the first page of results (as sorted by last 24 hours). That's how I got here.

Yea right. And killermovies came up.

Don't worry I believe you.

KingD19
http://i.imgur.com/QvgOZKc.jpg

This is what he posted.

EDIT: Pic was huge so I linked it instead.

Lestov16
Oh shit!!! Time Immemorial just ate a buffet of crow laughing

I may need to profile this picture

Time Immemorial
Ok so your telling me this guy deserves to go to jail for this bullshit for 20 years? As a LT on the ground tough calls had to me made. While I was in Iraq people in my company had cars that charges their checkpoints after all counter measures were applied. Not once did they get charged with murder.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
Oh shit!!! Time Immemorial just ate a buffet of crow laughing

I may need to profile this picture

Finally a real challenge since I have to put up with the rest of you NOOBSlaughing out loud

Lestov16
You can't distract from the utter ownage you just received

FastestFox
Hey man, Google "Clint Lorance", go to search tools, and sort by last 24 hours. I'm not making that up. Yeah, he deserves his sentence but it wasn't a tough call, there was no split second decision. Those guys weren't even driving towards us, they were headed back to the village. The story that you've probably heard is wrong and his family and the defense lawyer have been doing their best to spin a tale saying as much. It wasn't just that one action either, he was convicted of several other charges related to his actions in the days leading up to the murders. I'd be happy to go over it all, provide other more objective news sources (there was a reporter in the court room for the whole trial), and I'd be more than happy to answers questions all day. Also, I really ****ing love movies. That's my trivia category of choice.

Time Immemorial
You can't distract from the utter ownage you just received

You sounds like you did the owning and are taking credit for it. I asked him to prove it was him and he could glady say "I told you so"

You on the other hand sound like you accomplished something.

So yea, stfu and let the war vets talk.

Time Immemorial
Hey man, Google "Clint Lorance", go to search tools, and sort by last 24 hours. I'm not making that up. Yeah, he deserves his sentence but it wasn't a tough call, there was no split second decision. Those guys weren't even driving towards us, they were headed back to the village. The story that you've probably heard is wrong and his family and the defense lawyer have been doing their best to spin a tale saying as much. It wasn't just that one action either, he was convicted of several other charges related to his actions in the days leading up to the murders. I'd be happy to go over it all, provide other more objective news sources (there was a reporter in the court room for the whole trial), and I'd be more than happy to answers questions all day. Also, I really ****ing love movies. That's my trivia category of choice.

He had just been out in the field for what less then a day and he has multiple charges including murder. How is that even possible?

Lestov16
You sounds like you did the owning and are taking credit for it. I asked him to prove it was him and he could glady say "I told you so"

You on the other hand sound like you accomplished something.

So yea, stfu and let the war vets talk. Indeed

Time Immemorial
Indeed

Indeed what? You didn't do anything, if you did what was it? Did you make OP? At least I got someone from the news interested enough here to tell me straight up Whats going on with a story I am deeply interested in. You sound like a child cause you jealous I drummed up some real interest. Im actually glad he showed up and verified his identity. Sit on the sidelines, child.

Lestov16
Sometimes you have to take a comment at face value and not assume ulterior motives.

Time Immemorial
Fox I'll PM you, we have a lot of wanna be kids here. Thanks for showing up though, I have to admit this is pretty cool.

Quincy
Do PMs so we can't see Time Immemorial get smacked down

KingD19
Do you mean all of us? Because all I did was argue that the guys who actually served with Lorance...maybe their words had value over the people who just said "He's a hero, he was protecting his unit!!"

Quincy
for fear of being forever immortalized in our profiles

FastestFox
Like three days actually. And like I said, it was a pattern of misconduct that culminated with the deaths of locals that we had up until that point been friendly with. The best thing you can do is read the story as told from the court room reporter. He caught all the testimony including things I hadn't been privy to at the time. Again, not being able to post links is a pain. Go to stripes.com, Google his name and on the first page of results is an article by John Ramsey of the Fayetteville Observer (local paper to Bragg) titled "Army lieutenant sentenced to 20 years for Afghan killings". It has a day by day of his actions and how they resulted in murder charges.

FastestFox
Shoot, I just finished my post and saw his. Show's over guys. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Time Immemorial
Do you mean all of us? Because all I did was argue that the guys who actually served with Lorance...maybe their words had value over the people who just said "He's a hero, he was protecting his unit!!"

No you did nothing wrong.

Time Immemorial
Shoot, I just finished my post and saw his. Show's over guys. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Lol, I do feel pretty special you showed up. I am always posting on politics and stuff, but this is the first time one of the people from my posts showed up. I hope you stick around we need more combat vets around here.

Robtard
However Obama has not even addressed this issue.

So you feel the POTUS should review EVERY military case and take it upon himself(maybe herself soon) to overrule a military court's ruling if he sees some issue?

Time Immemorial
I heard the true story from the horses mouth who turns out to make good Star Wars quotes. That's good enough for me, mom.

dadudemon

KingD19
Originally posted by dadudemon

Do you have more details that point to this being a very clear cut case of murder or is there room for reasonable doubt? Among military people, this is a very controversial case (obviously). I am a layman. You are a layman but due to your job are less of a layman than I. In a situation like this, I would defer judgement to TE because he has direct and literal experience with rules of engagement, combat, etc.

A superficial judgement on this situation would make it seem that he did something wrong due to the 2 courts finding him guilty. But let us make it clear that stuff has gone through more than 3 courts, before, before being overturned in higher courts in the US. Just because a lower court convicts or rules in one specific way, does not mean it is factually the best ruling or most correct ruling.

But, if you could, sway me to think that the gent is guilty. I am not married to one way or the other. Right now, I am leaning towards TE's position only because he thinks the choice made was acceptable in a combat situation.

Read back. A soldier who served with him(and just joined the site) clarified that he was not the guy the news painted him to be. He's done some pretty f*cked up stuff. And all combined the guys who know him best, who saw his actions in the field believes he deserves the sentence he's getting due to first hand experience.

Just for more clarification.

FastestFox
dadudemon, this site isn't allowing me to post any links since I'm so new but you could do the footwork yourself. There's an article posted on Stars and Stripes, originally from the Fayetteville Observer. There's actually a few of them if you search the soldier's name, but the one that you'll be looking for is titled "Army lieutenant sentenced to 20 years for Afghan killings" and it will give you a real quick rundown of everything that happened. If anyone could post that for me it would be appreciated.

dadudemon
dadudemon, this site isn't allowing me to post any links since I'm so new but you could do the footwork yourself. There's an article posted on Stars and Stripes, originally from the Fayetteville Observer. There's actually a few of them if you search the soldier's name, but the one that you'll be looking for is titled "Army lieutenant sentenced to 20 years for Afghan killings" and it will give you a real quick rundown of everything that happened. If anyone could post that for me it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Also, just post 10 things and you can post links. Go to the Off-Topic Forum and post stupid shit (like we all do) and you'll hit the 10 post quota.

Time Immemorial
Im on FO right now, there are a few articles.

http://m.fayobserver.com/military/lawyer-for-convicted-fort-bragg-soldier-clint-lorance-argues-new/article_bea7697e-e174-50f0-9e2b-e41ed6af0fd5.html?mode=jqm

Is this the one?

Robtard
tinypic. com/r/a2xkrd/8

LoL. That's some epic slaps

FastestFox
No it would be dated like Aug. 2, 2013. I should hit my 10 post quota soon at this rate.

Time Immemorial
No it would be dated like Aug. 2, 2013. I should hit my 10 post quota soon at this rate.

You just need one more now.

FastestFox
Got my 10 but the site is still not letting me, is there a probationary period? 24 hours or until mod review or something? Also you'll have to go through stripes.com because Fay Observer archives their articles after so long for their subscription service, booo.

Time Immemorial
Try sending it to me in Pm and I'll post it.

Omega Vision
Wow, I feel like KMC history is being made. I've never seen someone who's part of a story interject into a discussion about it.

Quick, someone make a bunch of threads about Suge Knight so that he creates an account!
Ok so your telling me this guy deserves to go to jail for this bullshit for 20 years? As a LT on the ground tough calls had to me made. While I was in Iraq people in my company had cars that charges their checkpoints after all counter measures were applied. Not once did they get charged with murder.
Goalpost not only moved, but knocked down by a pickup, loaded onto the pickup, and then chucked into a cotton field.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wow, I feel like KMC history is being made. I've never seen someone who's part of a story interject into a discussion about it.

Quick, someone make a bunch of threads about Suge Knight so that he creates an account!

Goalpost not only moved, but knocked down by a pickup, loaded onto the pickup, and then chucked into a cotton field.

As if you had anything to do with it. Sit down wanabe. Besides Fox and me have already conspired to destroy you all.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Omega Vision

***** please. I don't want us to upset Suge Knight and then he has his goons kill us all in drive-bys.

But seriously, yeah this is a special moment in KMC history. Guess we have to thank Supra for this

Lestov16
As if you had anythin go do with it. Sit down wanabe.

I know, right. I don't want to be a wannabe. I want to be an actual guy whose ignorance summons more knowledgeable people to set me straight, just like you.

Time Immemorial
***** please. I don't want us to upset Suge Knight and then he has his goons kill us all in drive-bys.

But seriously, yeah this is a special moment in KMC history. Guess we have to thank Supra for this

I've been smiling for the past hour, I do feel honored.

Time Immemorial
I know, right. I don't want to be a wannabe. I want to be an actual guy whose ignorance summons more knowledgeable people to set me straight, just like you.

Do you feel like you accomplished something? Funny the person who proved me wrong is not gloating like a fat kid at Christmas. When you win at something, let me know.

Omega Vision
I seem to recall stories of certain comicbook writers who'd get accounts on Herochat and Comicvine to rage at fans who were "misinterpreting" their work.

Am I just imagining that or did that really happen at some point?

Time Immemorial
Lol comics..this is real news not fictional crap.

Omega Vision
Fictional like your cred? biscuits

FastestFox
That's messed up Lestov but seriously, if you make a Suge Knight thread, I'm going in my bathroom and saying "Biggie Smalls" three times. He'll protect me. I feel like a celebrity right now, but I got a huge laugh when I stumbled across this thread this morning and saw my name in a quote. My wife even thought it was funny after I responded.

Also, it wouldn't be a fair fight between me/TI and the rest of you guys. You should call for backup.

Lestov16
Do you feel like you accomplished something? Funny the person who proved me wrong is not gloating like a fat kid at Christmas. When you win at something, let me know.

Look, man. I'm not taking credit for anything, but when a guy who has a very extensive and prolific history of making ignorant myopic assertions about events makes one that is so ignorant that a person involved in the event creates an account just to correct them......that's not something that stays silent, no matter what your background. I'm sorry, but it's like that, and that's the way it is.

Robtard

Also, it wouldn't be a fair fight between me/TI and the rest of you guys. You should call for backup.

You might want to get to know TI first smile

Lestov16
That's messed up Lestov but seriously, if you make a Suge Knight thread, I'm going in my bathroom and saying "Biggie Smalls" three times. He'll protect me. I feel like a celebrity right now, but I got a huge laugh when I stumbled across this thread this morning and saw my name in a quote. My wife even thought it was funny after I responded.

Seriously, this is amazing that we have a first hand account of an event covered in our threads. It's nice when we have more than our subjective speculations and untrustworthy hearsay to anazlyze events

FastestFox
Lestov, in his defense I've had to correct a lot of people due to the fact that the real story hasn't being distributed the same rate as the ones his defense has been proliferating and he was speaking from a point of personal experience (I don't suppose any of the rest of you have war experience). And how do you know I didn't create an account to start a debate on how Oldboy should have been the best part of the 2005 Sundance Film Festival and Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 didn't deserve the spotlight instead?

Time Immemorial
Thanks Fox, lest, omega and some of the others literally had no interest in the thread until you showed up. Then they want to jump on the bandwagon and point fingers. Appears me and you ended up being friends even though we originally disagreed on your identity. They rest of the pogs here will focus on "oh look TI was wrong." And less on the fact that you showed up an cleared the air. I care less about being right and more about getting the true story. As you know it's very hard to get these days unless you are there personally as you were.

FastestFox
I noticed. And credit to you for making the thread otherwise I wouldn't have found it in order to get the story out. Though this site still doesn't want me posting links just yet.

Robtard
Thanks Fox, lest, omega and some of the others literally had no interest in the thread until you showed up. Then they want to jump on the bandwagon and point fingers. Appears me and you ended up being friends even though we originally disagreed on your identity. They rest of the pogs here will focus on "oh look TI was wrong." And less on the fact that you showed up an cleared the air. I care less about being right and more about getting the true story. As you know it's very hard to get these days unless you are there personally as you were.

So it's safe to assume that you now believe Clint Lorance deserves his sentence?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
So it's safe to assume that you now believe Clint Lorance deserves his sentence?

Yes I believe, however I know you are being dragged to see Fifty Shades of Grey.

Robtard
Yes I believe, however I know you are being dragged to see Fifty Shades of Grey.

Then you owe Obama an apology and I will hear it

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Then you owe Obama an apology and I will hear it

laughing out loud

FastestFox
AHA! My links work. Maybe they bumped it to 15 or whatever I'm at now. But here's the best article regarding this case. For all you out there that are genuinely interested and didn't just show up for the peanut gallery.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-lieutenant-sentenced-to-20-years-for-afghan-killings-1.233529

AbnormalButSane
I feel really bad for the soldiers that Lorance forced/ordered to kill two innocent people. They're gonna have to live with that for the rest of their lives too. erm

Lestov16
AHA! My links work. Maybe they bumped it to 15 or whatever I'm at now. But here's the best article regarding this case. For all you out there that are genuinely interested and didn't just show up for the peanut gallery.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-lieutenant-sentenced-to-20-years-for-afghan-killings-1.233529

Mercy on the innocent (even though collateral damage does occur) is what separates us from the terrorists. It's guys like that who give our military a bad rap.

BackFire
I'm just here for the peanut gallery.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm just here for the peanut gallery.

Peanuts make you fat.

BackFire
I'll move to potato chips and cheese burgers, then.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by BackFire
I'll move to potato chips and cheese burgers, then.

Sounds good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.