King Cold in his second form

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
This has always bugged me. King Cold looks like Frieza in his second form, yet his chi is felt to be as big if not bigger than Frieza in his mech state. Did Cold learn to control his power and chose his second form as his primary form, or is he merely incredibly lazy and he can further transform if need be?

Galan007
While it's true that Gohan/Krillin originally stated that King Cold~Mecha-Freeza, we learned soon thereafter that Freeza was still heavily suppressed when he arrived on earth...

Yamcha: "Freeza's chi... He's that powerful?"
Gohan: "This is nothing... He gets way stronger than this!"
(Official translation from the Viz manga.)

And given that Gohan was one of the few characters who was still present on Namek to sense Freeza's 100% power firsthand, his word on the subject is pretty irrefutable. That said, King Cold and Mecha-Freeza were only 'near equals' because Freeza was just tapping a small percentage of his true power at the time.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Galan007
While it's true that Gohan/Krillin originally stated that King Cold~Mecha-Freeza, we learned soon thereafter that Freeza was still heavily suppressed when he arrived on earth...

Yamcha: "Freeza's chi... He's that powerful?"
Gohan: "This is nothing... He gets way stronger than this!"
(Official translation from the Viz manga.)

And given that Gohan was one of the few characters who was still present on Namek to sense Freeza's 100% power firsthand, his word on the subject is pretty irrefutable. That said, King Cold and Mecha-Freeza were only 'near equals' because Freeza was just tapping a small percentage of his true power at the time. But King Cold is still stronger overall though right?

Galan007
No.

juggerman
That sucks. I always wanted to see Cold transform and stutter stomp everyone. But there is nothing that suggests he could. sad

Q99
It could be that he could transform up to 4th, but his 4th form and Frieza's *fully powered up* 4th would be similar, maybe even Frieza's edge.

Really, we don't know.

----

The comic Dragonball Multiverse took the stance that he could transform, but has a lot of trouble controlling his power.

juggerman
Originally posted by Q99
It could be that he could transform up to 4th, but his 4th form and Frieza's *fully powered up* 4th would be similar, maybe even Frieza's edge.

Really, we don't know.

----

The comic Dragonball Multiverse took the stance that he could transform, but has a lot of trouble controlling his power.

No evidence that he could.

I love how he looks in his 4th form in DBM

dadudemon
Originally posted by TheHulk
But King Cold is still stronger overall though right?

Freiza, rather arrogantly, proclaimed his absolute supremacy of power in the universe, in front of his father. Here's one example:

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/dragon_ball/v22/c329/14.html

If his father was stronger, his father might object. That's just how the Cold family does things.

But it should be obvious that King Cold is quite strong because Frieza thinks Cold is strong enough to overcome the power gap between him and Goku (and that gap was 30,000,000 in power because Frieza's power level was 120,000,000 when he fought Goku's 150,000,000 Super Saiyan power level).

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/dragon_ball/v23/c330/14.html

Also, after Trunks kills Frieza, Cold says Trunks is the strongest in the universe.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/dragon_ball/v23/c332/7.html

Also, offiicially, the Daizenshuu 7 says Frieza was stronger than Kind Cold.

So shouldn't that be the end of it.

big juggy man
It is funny when people say Freiza was suppressing his power and King Cold wasn't. Show me one panel in the Manga where it stated King Cold was at full power? Show me one panel of King Cold powering up.

You can't because neither Frieza or King Cold were powered up.

You say Frieza was stronger than King Cold? Did the Manga state this? So how would you know? Just your opinion. Could King Cold transform? Logic would state he could. He is from the same race that Frieza was from.

Why didn't he transform? Because Akira didn't want him too and it had nothing to do with the plot. Also Trunks never allowed Frieza or King Cold to power up in the Manga.

Galan007
Yes, because proving negatives is how debates get resolved. thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by big juggy man
It is funny when people say Freiza was suppressing his power and King Cold wasn't. Show me one panel in the Manga where it stated King Cold was at full power? Show me one panel of King Cold powering up.

You say Frieza was stronger than King Cold? Did the Manga state this? So how would you know? Just your opinion. Could King Cold transform? Logic would state he could. He is from the same race that Frieza was from.

Why didn't he transform? Because Akira didn't want him too and it had nothing to do with the plot. Also Trunks never allowed Frieza or King Cold to power up in the Manga.

Hey, what's up, dude? There's nothing left up for debate as, officially and "canon" wise, Frieza is stronger than King Cold. My post only meant to make it more clear why there are plenty of reasons to justify Frieza as stronger using on-panel evidence.

juggerman

Where was it said Cold wasn't a multiverse buster? Guess he is right? erm

big juggy man
And when in the Manga did it state King Cold was weaker? Also where did it say in the Manga that Frieza was a multiverse buster? Never.

Even after Frieza was killed what did King Cold do? He never seemed afraid. He just assumed Trunks won because of his sword. If Frieza was stronger than him then why would he think he could win? You might say well in the Manga after Frieza was killed he said Trunks was the strongest in the universe. Again he assumed his power was in his sword. Also did you see King Cold or Frieza power up?

In the manga it stated that Frieza was much more powerful than he was on Namek and Trunks was only the same as Goku was on Namek. It was stated in the manga by Gohan that Frieza was holding back. Why wouldn't King Cold not be holding back? Why would he be at full power when they weren't fighting? If Frieza could increase his power why wouldn't Cold be able to do it?

Also After Frieza was killed by Trunks the Z warriors were just as shocked when King Cold was killed. If King Cold was weaker than Frieza then why be shocked?

Also how could Frieza survive being cut in half, hit in the face with a powerful Ki blast, survive a planet blowing up. But get cut in half by a sword.

Yet Android 17 and 18 who were 2 plain humans get fitted by with cybernetics by another human being get hit with the same sword and it gets broke. What kind of logic is that?

Nothing DBZ was about made any sense. In fact most manga period are horribly written.

Anyway it only stated in the Manga that Frieza and King Kai kai felt the same. We don't know if King Cold could transform or not. That wasn't the point of that little fight. It was just to show how strong Trunks was and get to the next villain.

Wei Phoenix
I think you're missing Juggerman's point in regards to your first line.

If Cold was stronger than Frieza or thought that he could win then he wouldn't have had to resort to trickery and deception to win.

Assuming that they were holding back (I do not believe so.) then why would Cold hold back after another Saiyan casually tools and kills his son right in front of him?

Probably shocked because this unknown Saiyan killed two of the universe's biggest known threats at the time.

The androids were stronger and more durable than Frieza, though I do think that it's silly that he can survive a planet explosion and being cut in half, but not being cut in half by a sword.

big juggy man
No you are missing the point. The manga never stated who was stronger. I

Nobody asked you if you believed King Cold was holding back or not. The manga clearly showed both Frieza and King Cold holding back. You didn't see either of them power up. The Manga flat out had Gohan state that Frieza was holding back and could increase his power far beyond what he is showing but of course because you believe he wasn't holding back then it is clearly true.

Again King Cold didn't power up because Akira didn't need him to. The story was about Trunks and getting to he next Villain.

Also as I stated Frieza stated he was much more powerful in his cyborg form and probably could beat Goku. Frieza isn't a idiot. He knows how much Saiyans love to fight and how they get stronger. Why would he come to Earth if he wasn't stronger? Because DBZ is stupid that is why.

Again nobody asked you what you thought was silly. I told you a fact. How could a character survive a planet blowing up. Then get cut in half by a sword. You get 2 regular human beings and put cybernetics on them and they sword can't cut through them.

I was flat out stating how stupid DBZ story lines were.

dadudemon
And when in the Manga did it state King Cold was weaker? Also where did it say in the Manga that Frieza was a multiverse buster? Never.

Even after Frieza was killed what did King Cold do? He never seemed afraid. He just assumed Trunks won because of his sword. If Frieza was stronger than him then why would he think he could win? You might say well in the Manga after Frieza was killed he said Trunks was the strongest in the universe. Again he assumed his power was in his sword. Also did you see King Cold or Frieza power up?

In the manga it stated that Frieza was much more powerful than he was on Namek and Trunks was only the same as Goku was on Namek. It was stated in the manga by Gohan that Frieza was holding back. Why wouldn't King Cold not be holding back? Why would he be at full power when they weren't fighting? If Frieza could increase his power why wouldn't Cold be able to do it?

Also After Frieza was killed by Trunks the Z warriors were just as shocked when King Cold was killed. If King Cold was weaker than Frieza then why be shocked?

Also how could Frieza survive being cut in half, hit in the face with a powerful Ki blast, survive a planet blowing up. But get cut in half by a sword.

Yet Android 17 and 18 who were 2 plain humans get fitted by with cybernetics by another human being get hit with the same sword and it gets broke. What kind of logic is that?

Nothing DBZ was about made any sense. In fact most manga period are horribly written.

Anyway it only stated in the Manga that Frieza and King Kai kai felt the same. We don't know if King Cold could transform or not. That wasn't the point of that little fight. It was just to show how strong Trunks was and get to the next villain.

No you are missing the point. The manga never stated who was stronger. I

Nobody asked you if you believed King Cold was holding back or not. The manga clearly showed both Frieza and King Cold holding back. You didn't see either of them power up. The Manga flat out had Gohan state that Frieza was holding back and could increase his power far beyond what he is showing but of course because you believe he wasn't holding back then it is clearly true.

Again King Cold didn't power up because Akira didn't need him to. The story was about Trunks and getting to he next Villain.

Also as I stated Frieza stated he was much more powerful in his cyborg form and probably could beat Goku. Frieza isn't a idiot. He knows how much Saiyans love to fight and how they get stronger. Why would he come to Earth if he wasn't stronger? Because DBZ is stupid that is why.

Again nobody asked you what you thought was silly. I told you a fact. How could a character survive a planet blowing up. Then get cut in half by a sword. You get 2 regular human beings and put cybernetics on them and they sword can't cut through them.

I was flat out stating how stupid DBZ story lines were.

Dude, STFU. You've already been shut down.

big juggy man
Dude? People still say dude? Yeah I been comic book shut down by proving you wrong and you only gave me what you thought?

Go **** yourself. Nobody asked your point and I don't recall messaging you either.

But watch like the typical ****** you message me back. Let me put you on ignore. I didn't join this site for queers to harass me. Maybe you should go back to banging little kids or something

dadudemon
You may want to keep me on ignore because I will not relent. If you keep posting bullshit, expect to get your ass handed to you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.