Titans (Teen Titans Live Action)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/report-the-titans-tv-series-line-up-revealed

We've already got Nightwing, Barbara Gordon, Hawk and Dove, Raven, and Starfire confirmed. I'm looking forward to this!

marwash22
that's a shitty roster. Hawk and Dove? really?... and Barbara? really?

bermm

-Pr-
The **** is wrong with Hawk and Dove?

marwash22
nothing as characters, a lot as titans.

marwash22
did they wanna make a Birds or Prey series, but where too scared to name it that because a live-action BoP already failed in past?

I know they have a history with the Titans, but they're not even close to being who you'd name when you think about the Titans.

BruceSkywalker
like the cast choices but lets all face it the choices were obvious...

next up should be some good(hopefully) cast announcements

-Pr-
Originally posted by marwash22
nothing as characters, a lot as titans.

Ok, fair enough.

Still, we've got Raven, Starfire and Dick. That's not a bad start. I honestly don't expect to see Aqualad in it any time soon, so I expected them to replace certain people.

Originally posted by marwash22
did they wanna make a Birds or Prey series, but where too scared to name it that because a live-action BoP already failed in past?

I know they have a history with the Titans, but they're not even close to being who you'd name when you think about the Titans.

If they were making a BOP series, H&D would be a push even for that.

I really don't know what Barbara is doing there though. Possibly an excuse to do a triangle with her, Kori and Dick, maybe?

marwash22
i had the exact same thought about the love triangle thing. I feel like some teen angstyness is unavoidable 'cause they have to try getting the teen female demo.


A Titans roster isn't complete without some Beast Boy, imo. Cyborg's absence is probably due to them not wanting to conflict with the cinematic universe.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by marwash22
i had the exact same thought about the love triangle thing. I feel like some teen angstyness is unavoidable 'cause they have to try getting the teen female demo.


A Titans roster isn't complete without some Beast Boy, imo. Cyborg's absence is probably due to them not wanting to conflict with the cinematic universe. Agreed with Beast Boy. I would also love some Ravenger and Kid Devil. Thankfully, TT has a freaking huge roster of characters to pick from.

http://static.tumblr.com/wojzjka/Ssom2suf2/tumblr_l8a7v1fgpe1qbcc8yo1_400.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119715/2974819-team+2.png

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m38sd8xK331qcw692o1_500.png

I'm guessing Kid Flash and Superboy are too much to hope for? If we have Nightwing, we should be able to get them.

-Pr-
Originally posted by marwash22
i had the exact same thought about the love triangle thing. I feel like some teen angstyness is unavoidable 'cause they have to try getting the teen female demo.


A Titans roster isn't complete without some Beast Boy, imo. Cyborg's absence is probably due to them not wanting to conflict with the cinematic universe.

Yeah, Beast Boy would be good. You're probably right about Victor too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Superboy, tbh.

Firefly218
Where's Beastie Boy and Cyborg? We need those two.

I mean, if Flash can be on TV and in film why not Cyborg?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Firefly218
Where's Beastie Boy and Cyborg? We need those two.

I mean, if Flash can be on TV and in film why not Cyborg?

Smallville yo!

http://www.dailyplanet.cl/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Smallville-Cyborg.jpg

Firefly218
Originally posted by -K-M-
Smallville yo!

http://www.dailyplanet.cl/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Smallville-Cyborg.jpg

sick

KingD19
Show some respect for the dead.

I'd like to see Static live action.

marwash22
Originally posted by KingD19
Show some respect for the dead.

I'd like to see Static live action. I'd like to see Static in comics. uggh

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by -Pr-


I wouldn't mind seeing Superboy, tbh.


Think it's more likely they'll do crossovers with the Supergirl series coming up.

marwash22
doubt it.

Not sure, but i can't recall there ever being crossovers between shows that air on different networks.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by marwash22
doubt it.

Not sure, but i can't recall there ever being crossovers between shows that air on different networks.


Buffy and Angel Iirc.

Plus both the networks these 2 shows will air are owned by Time Warner I think.. Not completely sure though..

marwash22
Angel is a spinoff of Buffy. not the same thing.

I'd welcome it tho.

marwash22
Buffy and Angel were on the same network, btw.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by marwash22
Buffy and Angel were on the same network, btw.


For the most part yes. But Buffy switched to UPN for it's last 2 seasons whilst Angel remained on the WB, but they would still do crossovers.

Firefly218
Buffy transferred from WB to UPN after season 5, while Angel stayed on WB network for all its 5 seasons.

They were discussing Buffy appearing in Angel finale, but scheduling didn't work out. So it is possible for shows on different networks to crossover.

marwash22
almost anything is possible, but using Buffy/Angel as a precedent is terribly flawed.

screw you guys for making me argue this since i would love it if it actually happened. ahuh

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218
Where's Beastie Boy and Cyborg? We need those two.

I mean, if Flash can be on TV and in film why not Cyborg?


cyborg is dead big grin

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by marwash22
almost anything is possible, but using Buffy/Angel as a precedent is terribly flawed.

screw you guys for making me argue this since i would love it if it actually happened. ahuh

laughing out loud

By the way, I'm not sure about crossovers but Marvel's obviously having all their Live Action series as part of the same Shared Universe- The MCU. And that includes series on different networks and mediums.

So DC should be able to do it in the realm of just Tv. If they want to plan it out and be cool about it. But you're right they probably won't.

Firefly218
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
laughing out loud

By the way, I'm not sure about crossovers but Marvel's obviously having all their Live Action series as part of the same Shared Universe- The MCU. And that includes series on different networks and mediums.

So DC should be able to do it in the realm of just Tv. If they want to plan it out and be cool about it. But you're right they probably won't.

Well, the Netflix shows are produced by ABC

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Firefly218
Well, the Netflix shows are produced by ABC


Ah I see.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Firefly218
Where's Beastie Boy and Cyborg? We need those two.

I mean, if Flash can be on TV and in film why not Cyborg?

I feel Beast Boy would be too big of a budget for a TV show. As for Cyborg...idk why they wouldn't add him. I feel like they could make a good look for him with prosthetics and makeup.

Firefly218
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I feel Beast Boy would be too big of a budget for a TV show. As for Cyborg...idk why they wouldn't add him. I feel like they could make a good look for him with prosthetics and makeup.
Yeah, I guess that's true about beast boy. Kinda disappointing, but still excited.

I actually think they might end up adding Cyborg down the line. If he gets popular in the movies, it can only help the tv show.

heathjack
sorry never read the comics i tried watching the cartoon on cartoon network i couldn't watch it! i hope the live action version is good!!

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/03/titans-every-character-and-actor-confirmed-for-dcs-new-tv-series

Looks like this is finally moving ahead. They've got actors and characters already confirmed. They still haven't confirmed an actor for Beast Boy though

Surtur
It would be awesome if this show turns out to be good, but why do I get the feeling it will be terrible?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Surtur
It would be awesome if this show turns out to be good, but why do I get the feeling it will be terrible? Yeah, I'm trying to go in optimistic and go in with an open mind but I've got that same feeling so far.

Dreampanther
Lindsey Gort (Impastor, Lucifer) has been cast as Police Detective Amy Rohrbach, the new partner of Dick Grayson.

http://supernova.zamolxismd.org/m/funkyimg.com/i/2sBrX.png

riv6672
She was the subject of this week's Lucifer, coincidentally.

Not sure if your pic is wonky or just not showing for me, so posting another, just in case:

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/titans-adds-lindsey-gort-as-dick-grayson-s-partner-amy-rohrbach.jpg

She ups the cute factor of any shiw she's in for sure.

Dreampanther
Bugger. Trying again.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/ca/6b/89/ca6b89fb3c30911b100392f47c778099--maze-mondays.jpg

Dreampanther
Originally posted by riv6672
She was the subject of this week's Lucifer, coincidentally.

...

She ups the cute factor of any shiw she's in for sure.

Indeed. thumbsup

Just watched that episode. Turns out she can sing, too!

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/01/live-action-dcs-titans-robin-first-look-revealed

Robins costume is damn perfect. I'm getting cautiously optimistic now

Dreampanther
Schweeeeet.

riv6672
Yeah that looks nice. Really nice.
So cool Burt ward gets to see his character get this treatment.

Darth Thor
What network will this be airing on?


Originally posted by riv6672

So cool Burt ward gets to see his character get this treatment.


I doubt he cares Lol

riv6672
I doubt your doubting haw haw

riv6672
Hawk & Dove costumes. Nooice...

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/titans-hawk-dove.jpeg

Dreampanther
Man, I really hope this show kicks ass.

wakkawakkawakka
If its on CW with the current attitude of the other 4 DC shows this season then I doubt it. Which is a shame since these are some cool costume designs that don't appear to use too much leather.

Arachnid1
This show is knocking the costumes out of the park. They changed Hawk and Doves costumes but modernized them with armor like Watchmen. They look good

riv6672
I like how Hawk's got wear and tear on his suit. As opposed to Dove who's more likely to dodge.

Dreampanther
Trailer.

-PPofXaJ4go

Surtur
Jesus they are trying way too hard.

Surtur
So edgy it makes my eyes bleed.

carthage
The cgi for Raven looks like some horrible Ring clone from the early 2000s and Starfire looks like shit.

Surtur
It seems like a violent SNL parody of what a teen titans show would be.

Ridley_Prime
At least Teen Titans will appeal to the edgy teen audience now, I guess? Not sure yet whether to feel worse about this, or TT Go still kicking/having a movie.

tkitna
Originally posted by carthage
The cgi for Raven looks like some horrible Ring clone from the early 2000s and Starfire looks like shit.

This

Dreampanther
I really don't like the Starfire look but the 5 seconds of action in the trailer already looks better than 5 hours of Iron Fist.

Mindset
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I really don't like the Starfire look but the 5 seconds of action in the trailer already looks better than 5 hours of Iron Fist. Finn didn't have any choreography training in IF, so I'd hope so.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
At least Teen Titans will appeal to the edgy teen audience now, I guess? Not sure yet whether to feel worse about this, or TT Go still kicking/having a movie.

TT Go is at least aware of its own reputation. This try-hard bullshit doesn't do anyone any favours.

Arachnid1
Yeah, Dick isn't a depressed, dark edgelord, and he sure as hell doesn't brutalize thugs the way he did there (did he just gun down three thugs and crush anothers neck with his boot?). Where's the quips and wit? Raven also looks off. I know she's a hard character to translate, but the goth look can be pulled off better than that. They got Starfire wrong too. When did she start spewing fire out of her hands and frying thugs? Hopefully they nail her personality.

Is it too much to at least hope for a good story? So far this is looking even worse than the CW DC shows and those have been rough lately.

Surtur
If they wanted to have some edgelord who shanks people in the neck why not just choose Damian Wayne?

Ridley_Prime
Right? Or Jason Todd.

And point taken I guess @ Pr.

Nemesis X
I don't know what's worse: Titans GO being too goofy or this Titans being too serious.

God I want to vomit.

BruceSkywalker
not sure if I wanna pay $75 bucks for this

riv6672

Flyattractor
I KNOW I DON'T!

Surtur
The Teen Titans cartoon from the early 2000's was a good show. Do more of that and less of...whatever this abomination is.

Surtur
Also which universe is this in? Same one as the Justice League? I doubt it's in the Arrowverse.

Ridley_Prime

Nemesis X
https://twitter.com/slcmof/status/1019976381877407744

https://twitter.com/CLxJames/status/1021039757546196992

I can't get over how bad everyone looks. Never thought I'd say this but do you think they could ask the DC filmmakers for help? At least they know what they're doing in the costume department and actually make the heroes look as good as the cosplayers. Here everyone in Titans looks like a bootleg copy! Did WB actually approve of this show and we're sure their comic con lineup didn't get hacked?

Surtur
Originally posted by Nemesis X
https://twitter.com/slcmof/status/1019976381877407744

https://twitter.com/CLxJames/status/1021039757546196992

I can't get over how bad everyone looks. Never thought I'd say this but do you think they could ask the DC filmmakers for help? At least they know what they're doing in the costume department and actually make the heroes look as good as the cosplayers. Here everyone in Titans looks like a bootleg copy! Did WB actually approve of this show and we're sure their comic con lineup didn't get hacked?

Lol jesus, both female characters in the 2nd link look like 2 dudes dressed in drag.

What were they thinking?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol jesus, both female characters in the 2nd link look like 2 dudes dressed in drag.

What were they thinking?

Diversity?

Surtur
Are these people so lazy that the only way they can create diversity is via gender or race swapping? Are they that devoid of creativity?

-Pr-
I'm not sure I understand. Who in Titans was gender or race swapped? I mean, I guess Starfire isn't orange enough, but that's the least of her problems.

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not sure I understand. Who in Titans was gender or race swapped? I mean, I guess Starfire isn't orange enough, but that's the least of her problems.

Starfire is black in this.

Darth Thor
I thought Starfire was supposed to be orange?

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I thought Starfire was supposed to be orange?

Indeed, so technically any race could play her as long as they made her look orange. But they indeed did not. Not sure why.

Surtur
Black is the new orange. Zing!

Nemesis X
My question is why they gave Starfire hair that looks like each strand is a giant gummy worm. Also that fur coat. Why?

Flyattractor
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Orange_is_the_new_Black.png

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur
Starfire is black in this.

No, I get that. I just don't think you can call it a swap, considering there are no orange humans unless you sit outside a tanning salon all day.

She should be orange, sure. but on the list of problems this show has, I wouldn't rate it nearly close to the biggest one.

Robtard
Bingo.

This show looks terrible, but a black woman being cast as Starfire in of itself isn't one of those problems. People whining about "gender" and "race swapping" are silly fools.

Ridley_Prime
Just to throw it out there I guess,

https://imgur.com/a/A5tBUgF

A cosplay like that's proof enough that you can have a black chick as Starfire and make it work.

This Starfire just doesn't work for plenty other reasons.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Just to throw it out there I guess,

https://imgur.com/a/A5tBUgF

A cosplay like that's proof enough that you can have a black chick as Starfire and make it work.

This Starfire just doesn't work for plenty other reasons.

When cosplay looks less awkward than the actual character portrayal... I mean obviously she doesn't have a professional budget costume, but she looks way more natural than what we see in the trailer. Maybe it's because I am not too invested in the character, but I don't give two shits if they make her black, as long as it actually works within the show. But that shit in the trailer looks bad.

Anyway, trailer looks suspect overall as well IMO. Looks like they are going way too deep into the edgy, dark and angsty route for my liking. The CW melodrama can already get a bit much sometimes.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The CW melodrama can already get a bit much sometimes.

That alone is enough for me to look forward to Titans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.