Is Thors hammer just a big magic wand?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

William Hurley
Is Thor a bit like Harry Potter but a god?

Mindset
Yea, he's a *****.

William Hurley
Originally posted by Mindset
Yea, he's a *****.

a five star what?

StiltmanFTW
No. It's microscopic.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Mindset
Yea, he's a *****. Current Thor is. Literally.

William Hurley
Classic Thor is a bit like John Travolta on Southpark everyone knows he's gay..... but no one says anything, then Hyperion joins him in the closet.

Inhuman
A magic wand that can bash your head in

riv6672
Technically speaking he's a very potent magic user. I posted a theory in the respect thread months ago.

Scoobless
In the old days he could use it for virtually anything; time travel, transmutation, teleportation, etc... Some writers think it's just a misshapen baseball bat though.

Henry_Pym
So is this just a bash thread?

Reflassshh
Who are you?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
So is this just a bash thread? Straight BASURA

riv6672
More like, bashers IN the thread.

Anyway, my thoughts on the matter

relentless1
Mjolnir is a big dildo

Silent Master
You wish.

DarkSaint85
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/ef/b3/17efb3365ff14ebf67a1a882d5fe4d55.jpg

Mindset
So is this just a bash thread? Hopefully.

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
More like, bashers IN the thread.

Anyway, my thoughts on the matter

I do recall Thor mentioning that only him and Loki knew an obscure spell that causes volcanoes to erupt, how he knew Loki was the mastermind in the first issue or so of AVENGERS. Don't know if he's actually cast any spells himself under normal circumstances, but there is a canon example of him knowing at least one.

But on your speculation, as far as I'm aware, everything he does with Mjolnir is because Mjolnir itself is enchanted to do it. I would guess he mystically controls it, and has to have knowledge how to use it, but he can't do anything that wasn't already an enchantment(though I'm sure what it can do would be up to the writer).

For an imperfect analogy, it would be like let's say Hal Jordan with his Power Ring is Doctor Strange, able to do with the Power Ring almost whatever he wants. Thor would be Skittleboppy Bam with a device that lets him choose pre-programmed commands for a Power Ring like device with Oan energy and all, but not make or do things in the same manner as Hal. He knows how to use the commands, and can just mentally activate them, but can't do what it isn't already programmed to do.

That's the way I understand it based on the comics I've read and what I've seen writers say.

riv6672
Oh, i agree with you, really.
Its just something fun to think about though. Like how relentless1 enjoys the thought of a big dildo. thumb up

Flyattractor
Yeah. The Biggest Dildo in comics is the Juggernaut.

Just look at the douche..

http://classicmarvelforever.com/images/juggernaut1.gif

Digi
Is {character} with {item} just {slightly derogatory reference}?

Likely.

Branlor Swift
Is Kyle's Green Lantern ring just a stimulant for when he shoves his finger up his own ass?

Discuss.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is Kyle's Green Lantern ring just a stimulant for when he shoves his finger up his own ass?

Discuss.
laughing

riv6672
Puts Stargirl's Cosmic Rod in a whole new light.

Not to mention that whole Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet thing...

Mindset
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Discuss. http://cdn.na16.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/russell-wilson2.jpg

Surtur
It's a big magic plot device, that is what it is. Take away the plot device hammer from daddy and Thor would of been dead a long long time ago.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Surtur
It's a big magic plot device, that is what it is. Take away the plot device hammer from daddy and Thor would of been dead a long long time ago.

Them's fightin' words. Wait until the Thor Corps comes after you!!! eek!

riv6672
A big magic plot device like all the other plot devices in comics. Ooh.

Delta1938
A big magic plot device like all the other plot devices in comics. Ooh.

Though I can't think of any others off the top of my head that are also phallic symbols. eek!

riv6672
Star Girl's Cosmic Rod.
Hercules' mace.
Hellboy's massive fist.
Juggernaut's entire body from the bulbous helmet on down.

smile

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Delta1938
Though I can't think of any others off the top of my head that are also phallic symbols. eek!

Your dick must be weirdly shaped...

Surtur
It's certainly not the only plot device obviously. Not that Thor is weak without the hammer. Even without it he still has the strength, durability, and some kind of control over lightning/the weather. He has some decent levels of speed as well, nothing near the level of the high level speedsters, but he's definitely a good deal above bullet timing. So his hammer allows him to fight with beings who would of normally been way out of his weight class.

Damborgson
Yes. Is there a point here?

riv6672
You need to be more specific.

StiltmanFTW
Star Girl's Cosmic Rod.
Maybe there are some good fanmade pics at hentai-foundry?

Delta1938
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Your dick must be weirdly shaped...

It is difficult to find pants with enough room.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Your dick must be weirdly shaped... laughing out loud

riv6672
Jack Hawksmoore style...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.