Rank the Magic Users...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Rank the following Magic Users as pertains their power as a pure Magic User (thus physical, technological, or innate powers are ignored in this thread):

Enchantress...
Loki...
Dracula...
Dr Doom...
Zatanna...
Dr Strange...
Dr Fate...
Thor...

celeyhyga17
Why is Thor here?

StiltmanFTW
Nobody wanted his asgardian ass in any other thread, so he came here.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Why is Thor here?

On very rare occasions (and none in recent years) Thor has utilized magical spells, so he is a magic user...

Henry_Pym
Loki
Strange / Fate
Doom

Everyone else
Then Dracula

Prof. T.C McAbe
Dr. Fate/Dr. Strange
Loki
Zatanna
Dr. Doom
Enchantress
Dracula
Thor

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Dr. Fate/Dr. Strange
Loki
Zatanna
Dr. Doom
Enchantress
Dracula
Thor

Pretty good... thumb up

Two questions though:

Why do you consider Fate/Strange to be above Loki?

Why do you give Doom the nod over Amora?

Supermex
Scarlet Witch?
Brother voodoo

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Supermex
Scarlet Witch?
Brother voodoo

I honestly forgot about them when I made the thread; I knew I was forgetting characters, I just couldnt remember who...

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Pretty good... thumb up

Two questions though:

Why do you consider Fate/Strange to be above Loki?

Why do you give Doom the nod over Amora?

Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate are more or less the sorcerer supremes of their respected universes. They are like the uber nerds of magic, they love to study, while all of this comes naturally for Loki, who imo wouldn't put as much effort into it as those two. I think their knowledge is broader in this particular field due to those excessive studies. Dr. Doom is close to the 3 and imo below Loki because of his divided interests Tech and Sorcery, he is almost as good as Reed and Tony in Tech and almost as good as Strange and Loki in magic, this makes him actually pretty uber. Amora has the same Problem as Loki, she seems to get a lot of things naturally and her obsessions lie somwhere else. I still think that all of them are not far apart and would give each other a good challange.

TheLordofMurder
Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate are more or less the sorcerer supremes of their respected universes. They are like the uber nerds of magic, they love to study, while all of this comes naturally for Loki, who imo wouldn't put as much effort into it as those two. I think their knowledge is broader in this particular field due to those excessive studies. Dr. Doom is close to the 3 and imo below Loki because of his divided interests Tech and Sorcery, he is almost as good as Reed and Tony in Tech and almost as good as Strange and Loki in magic, this makes him actually pretty uber. Amora has the same Problem as Loki, she seems to get a lot of things naturally and her obsessions lie somwhere else. I still think that all of them are not far apart and would give each other a good challange.

Good answer!

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Loki
Strange / Fate
Doom

Everyone else
Then Dracula

Doom above Zatanna?

I dont know about that one...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Rank the following Magic Users as pertains their power as a pure Magic User (thus physical, technological, or innate powers are ignored in this thread):

Enchantress...
Loki...
Dracula...
Dr Doom...
Zatanna...
Dr Strange...
Dr Fate...
Thor...

From Marvel :
Loki
Enchantress
Doom/Strange
Dracula

From DC :
Fate
Zatanna

Strange was powerless vs Loki till Thor saved him. Enchantress has gone toe to toe with Hela/Karnilla/etc..

relentless1
Dr Fate = Dr Strange
Zatanna
Loki
Dr Doom
Enchantress
Dracula
Thor

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Strange was powerless vs Loki till Thor saved him. Enchantress has gone toe to toe with Hela/Karnilla/etc..

Excellent point!

thumb up

beatboks
Dr. Fate/Dr. Strange
Loki
Zatanna
Dr. Doom
Enchantress
Dracula
Thor

Pretty close, but personally i'd put Doom more on an equal pegging with Loki (maybe JUST below since Loki has outdone him - though more through trickery than magic).

Zee is a little over rated, while she has some very good showings she has quite a few mediocre ones as well. You have to bear in mind that a LARGE part of her overall history she was limited to elemental magic only. This started in the satellite era due to her pushing her power too much and continued through the first couple decades of post COIE. Remember she couldn't even help Blue Devil take out a demon like Nebrios due to it, and could only hold his hordes back while BD did all the work. Add to that the showings since the new 9th age of magic rules change post DOV (where magic has a price) and there've been a LOT of times when she's been hurt by her own magic. Something none of the others really have to deal with.

And seriously Thor should be above Dracula (he uses his magic even less than Odinson)

Golgo13
Where is Constantine? mad

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Golgo13
Where is Constantine? mad
Above them all.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Above them all.
While Strange and Fate are like the Superman of Magic, Constantine is Batman.

Supermex
Not in oder but some were left out.

Dr.Strange
Dr.Fate
Scarlet Witch
Zatanna
Loki
Dr Doom
Enchantress
Pete Wisdom
Shazam
Dracula
Thor
Black Adam
Brother Voodoo
Constantine

celeyhyga17
Nobody wanted his asgardian ass in any other thread, so he came here.
thumb up

TheHulk
Strange/Fate
Loki
Enchantress
Doom
Zatanna
Thor
Dracula

Konton
Strange/Fate
Zatanna (classic: Dini, pre nu52, etc.)
Loki
Doom
Enchantress
Thor
Dracula

abhilegend
Both loki and doom will smoke Zee in a fight or magical power.

carver9
Doom is above everyone here when it comes to magic imo.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Doom is above everyone here when it comes to magic imo.

How is he above the likes of Classic Fate?

krisblaze
While Frost Giants use magic and whatnot, very little of Loki's power seems to be "inherited". While there's a lot of talk about asgardian power and whatnot in the Thor comics, most of Loki's magic has been learned or acquired through other means.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Not with Morrison at the wheel brah.

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend
one of those rare occssions I agree with Abhi

the Darkone
Marvel
Chthon
Odin
Dormammu
Loki
Karnallia
Enchantress
Malekeith

Marvel Earth
Dr Strange
Selen
Tailsman
Dr Doom
Morgan La Fey
Clea
Shaman
Br Vodooo

Dc
Nabu
Mordru
Neron
Shazam

Dc Earth
Dr Fate
Circe
Constantine
Zantanna
Demon Etrigan

Mindset
Doom > all

You guys know better than to anger me.

Golgo13
DC:
Phantom Stranger
Constantine
Dr. Fate/Nabu
Zachary Zor
Circe
Morgan Le Fay
Enchantress
Gamenmae
Arion

Golgo13
DCnU:

Constantine
Merlyn
Zatara
Tanaraq
Nick Necro
Klarion

beatboks
DC:
Phantom Stranger
Constantine
Dr. Fate/Nabu
Zachary Zor
Circe
Morgan Le Fay
Enchantress
Gamenmae
Arion

O_o How the hell do you come up with that ranking. Based on the fct you have a completely separate ranking for DCNu I assume this is pre 52.

1. Pre 52 Constainine is limited by the fact that he is a mortal working magic by use of ritual, incantation and gesture. Like all mortals he is limited in how much magical energy/Mana he can draw though his body without destroying it. Unnlike others he doesn't wield talismans or use famliars that allow him to get around these limitations by drawing the power through them.

2. Nabu in energy form has no such limitations. he is a being of pure energy and can wield almost limitless amounts of energy. Hnece why he could do more in DoV against Spectre than any other. When he has taken on mortal form he showed his limitations. the very reason he had to rest for thousands of years in a tomb and also why even magically pulling water back into the pipes when he was in kent nelson's dead body was almost too much for him. Fate get's around this by using three magical artifacts to draw the power through. the Helm of Nabu (power of Order), Amulet of Anubis ( Power of Chaos) and the cloak of destiny (ability to see anything, and protect and heal)

3. Phantom Stranger is virtually featless, all his power pre52 is alluded to only. His role prevents him from directly intervening so we've really NEVER seen how powerful he is.

4. Morgan Le Fey virtually soloed dozens of DCU mystics and managed to control many against others. While under her control and powered up by her Arion soloed the Phantom Stranger, Wonder Woman and Etrigan. This feat alone puts her higher than where you have ranked her.

Mordru, Amethyst and a few others are above some on your list also.

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
O_o How the hell do you come up with that ranking. Based on the fct you have a completely separate ranking for DCNu I assume this is pre 52.

1. Pre 52 Constainine is limited by the fact that he is a mortal working magic by use of ritual, incantation and gesture. Like all mortals he is limited in how much magical energy/Mana he can draw though his body without destroying it. Unnlike others he doesn't wield talismans or use famliars that allow him to get around these limitations by drawing the power through them.

2. Nabu in energy form has no such limitations. he is a being of pure energy and can wield almost limitless amounts of energy. Hnece why he could do more in DoV against Spectre than any other. When he has taken on mortal form he showed his limitations. the very reason he had to rest for thousands of years in a tomb and also why even magically pulling water back into the pipes when he was in kent nelson's dead body was almost too much for him. Fate get's around this by using three magical artifacts to draw the power through. the Helm of Nabu (power of Order), Amulet of Anubis ( Power of Chaos) and the cloak of destiny (ability to see anything, and protect and heal)

3. Phantom Stranger is virtually featless, all his power pre52 is alluded to only. His role prevents him from directly intervening so we've really NEVER seen how powerful he is.

4. Morgan Le Fey virtually soloed dozens of DCU mystics and managed to control many against others. While under her control and powered up by her Arion soloed the Phantom Stranger, Wonder Woman and Etrigan. This feat alone puts her higher than where you have ranked her.

Mordru, Amethyst and a few others are above some on your list also.

They're not in any order.

Mindset
They're not in any order. You're rank isn't in any order?

See, that's what I like about you, man, you're a wildcard.

Reflassshh
Above them all.
Jokes aside thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.