Daredevil (Netflix TV series)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



roughrider
I think this is finally deserving of it's own thread - especially with this new killer trailer. thumb up


http://youtu.be/XC7GPdBV9WQ

DARTH POWER
Yeah! Now that's the kind of Live Action show I wanna see from Marvel.

roughrider
It's getting back to the basis as defined by Frank Miller in the 1980's - not being a poor man's Spider Man, but that it's a crime series with a superhero as the star.

ares834
So a poor man's Batman. In all seriousness, it looks decent. Better than Arrow at least.

Firefly218
Looks like Arrow on steroids. I'm on board.

Golgo13
Hopefully it's better than Agents of CRAP.

Firefly218
Agents of CRAP >>>>>>> Arrow, Gotham and arguably Flash

ares834
Flash is about on par with current AoS IMO. But otherwise I agree.

Henry_Pym
I like this trailer/teaser, better than Fan4astic

Or Fan 4 ass ticks.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Firefly218
Agents of CRAP >>>>>>> Arrow, Gotham and arguably Flash

Gotham, yes, but Flash and Arrow are so much better.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Golgo13
Gotham, yes, but Flash and Arrow are so much better.

Your opinion is invalid since you haven't seen Agents of SHIELD's most recent quality. Since the Hydra episode, AoS has been really good.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Firefly218
Your opinion is invalid since you haven't seen Agents of SHIELD's most recent quality. Since the Hydra episode, AoS has been really good.

I've caught up to both Arrow and Agents of SHIELD. It's still pretty meh to me. Arrow is slightly better, but Flash is the best show on air right now. Even won viewers choice awards, so I'm not the only one.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Firefly218
Agents of CRAP >>>>>>> Arrow, Gotham and arguably Flash

Originally posted by Firefly218
Your opinion is invalid since you haven't seen Agents of SHIELD's most recent quality. Since the Hydra episode, AoS has been really good.

thumb up


also Daredevil looks better than i thought it would

Golgo13
LOL! Can't take it that someone has a different opinion? It's all subjective.

Both Arrow and Flash are rated higher than Agents. So, it's not like I'm the only one.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Golgo13
LOL! Can't take it that someone has a different opinion? It's all subjective.

Both Arrow and Flash are rated higher than Agents. So, it's not like I'm the only one.


Thats not the point. Arrow, flash and agents of shield are all good shows in their own right.
The point is that its humorous that if a show or movie is not from DC, its automatically shit or decent at best in your eyes.

Also i base my opinions on "ME" watching the shows or movies, Not basing my opinions on ratings. I know you hardly watch marvel movies and shows, yet i seen you make opinions on them.
If ratings mattered then all these michael bay movies would be better movies than other films that surpass them in every way BUT money made.
MOS made good money, but it below average to me.
IromMan 3 made a shit load of money yet i thought i was disappointing
.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Golgo13
I've caught up to both Arrow and Agents of SHIELD. It's still pretty meh to me. Arrow is slightly better, but Flash is the best show on air right now. Even won viewers choice awards, so I'm not the only one.
Lies. There's no way someone who's seen season 2 still calls it Agents of Crap.

Based
Flash is overrated. Fun and better than AoS but overrated.

Henry_Pym
Flash is great. AoS was before the break as well, we will see what they do in the new series.

Do you guys like Carter?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Inhuman
Thats not the point. Arrow, flash and agents of shield are all good shows in their own right.
The point is that its humorous that if a show or movie is not from DC, its automatically shit or decent at best in your eyes.

Also i base my opinions on "ME" watching the shows or movies, Not basing my opinions on ratings. I know you hardly watch marvel movies and shows, yet i seen you make opinions on them.
If ratings mattered then all these michael bay movies would be better movies than other films that surpass them in every way BUT money made.
MOS made good money, but it below average to me.
IromMan 3 made a shit load of money yet i thought i was disappointing
.

You're an idiot if you believe that. smile How many times do I have to say it? I've repeatedly have stated GOTG was one of my favorite super hero flicks and tied for best movie last year. Out of 10 of the Marvel movies I have truly loved 5 of them with the other five being boring or uninspired. But you'll repeatedly say the same thing over and over just because my opinion is different from yours. smile

Golgo13
Originally posted by Firefly218
Lies. There's no way someone who's seen season 2 still calls it Agents of Crap.

No lies, just a different opinion. Just like your opinion is that Whedons Serenity is one of the best Sci fi movies ever created. That is YOUR opinion and plenty of people who disagree.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Firefly218
Agents of CRAP >>>>>>> Arrow, Gotham and arguably Flash


Get outta here.

AOS is still pretty meh. And certainly hasn't reached the level Arrow was at it's best.

Agent Carter's much better than AOS IMHO. Because that's an actual Spy show with great chemistry between the characters, something AOS has tried hard to be but never really got there.

JayDaDon
I really think this Daredevil show has a great shot at being better than all the other shows mentioned.

Golgo13
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I really think this Daredevil show has a great shot at being better than all the other shows mentioned.

could be. I definitely like the cinematography. I'm looking forward to Iron Fist myself.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Golgo13
You're an idiot if you believe that. smile How many times do I have to say it? I've repeatedly have stated GOTG was one of my favorite super hero flicks and tied for best movie last year. Out of 10 of the Marvel movies I have truly loved 5 of them with the other five being boring or uninspired. But you'll repeatedly say the same thing over and over just because my opinion is different from yours. smile


http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/48685176.jpg

lol,The reason i say the things I do is because your constant obvious bias. Some trolls hide their bias somewhat, you are faily obvious. Youre making it seem like im just pulling this out of my ass. smile

Arent you the one who constantly makes 1 sided DC VS Marvel threads? When someone pics the marvel one to win you are the first to respond to your own thread saying " i disagree" or " how"?
lol,then why make the thread if you already have a clear winner in your mind?

erm


Also have you seen cap2 yet? Cap1? Thor 1 and 2?

Firefly218
Originally posted by Golgo13
No lies, just a different opinion. Just like your opinion is that Whedons Serenity is one of the best Sci fi movies ever created. That is YOUR opinion and plenty of people who disagree.
That's fine then. Agree to disagree.

Firefly218
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Get outta here.

AOS is still pretty meh. And certainly hasn't reached the level Arrow was at it's best.

Agent Carter's much better than AOS IMHO. Because that's an actual Spy show with great chemistry between the characters, something AOS has tried hard to be but never really got there.

Whether it's better than Arrow or not is debatable. You certainly can't call it crappy anymore though, is the point i was trying to make. Imo, not meh at all.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Inhuman
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/48685176.jpg

lol,The reason i say the things I do is because your constant obvious bias. Some trolls hide their bias somewhat, you are faily obvious. Youre making it seem like im just pulling this out of my ass. smile

Arent you the one who constantly makes 1 sided DC VS Marvel threads? When someone pics the marvel one to win you are the first to respond to your own thread saying " i disagree" or " how"?
lol,then why make the thread if you already have a clear winner in your mind?

erm


Also have you seen cap2 yet? Cap1? Thor 1 and 2?

You are pulling that post out of your ass. You said I like every Dc movie, yet many times I have said I hated Green Lantern or Jonah. Ever since I saw GOTG trailer, I expressed that it looked awesome and it was. Not my fault you have a problem with reading. smile

Golgo13
Btw, I have stated numerous times I have seen Thor and Cap. I have seen every Marvel movie as I posted above. smile

Inhuman
sure ok bud ermhappy

Golgo13
Originally posted by Inhuman
sure ok bud

Glad we agree. thumb up

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Firefly218
Whether it's better than Arrow or not is debatable. You certainly can't call it crappy anymore though, is the point i was trying to make. Imo, not meh at all.


I'm not calling it crappy. It has it's moments. I just don't think the chemistry between the characters is working.

And they've had a couple of villains who seemed like they were going to be really bad ass, but then amounted to nothing. They're still lacking a Great Villain.

Whilst Arrow's had some of the best villains on Tv with Merlyn and Slade.

I'm personally looking forward to Daredevil as that's the kind of thing I want from Marvel. Honestly as far as Spy dramas go I find Agent Carter much more satisfying than AOS.

Kazenji
For this Daredevil show i'll probably wait for the whole thing to get release on dvd.

Henry_Pym
Do Netflix series go to Dvd?

Firefly218
House of Cards goes to DVD, I believe

Golgo13
Are they going to introduce iron fist in daredevil?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji
For this Daredevil show i'll probably wait for the whole thing to get release on dvd.

Shouldn't take too long. Seen as with Netflix the whole series gets released in one go anyway. Still could take a few months.

roughrider
This is the next step forward. By going to the paid cable market (Netflix works differently, but is essentially in the same company as HBO and Showtime), Marvel can get into adult content that they can't do on Network TV or even the movies, which can't go beyond a PG-13 rating; DC/Warner properties are in the same boat. Daredevil is the perfect property to push the line into potential Marvel MAX territory. I hope the Punisher eventually follows on Netflix.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Golgo13
Are they going to introduce iron fist in daredevil?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by roughrider
This is the next step forward. By going to the paid cable market (Netflix works differently, but is essentially in the same company as HBO and Showtime), Marvel can get into adult content that they can't do on Network TV or even the movies, which can't go beyond a PG-13 rating; DC/Warner properties are in the same boat. Daredevil is the perfect property to push the line into potential Marvel MAX territory. I hope the Punisher eventually follows on Netflix.

Well to be fair its not like Marvel are forbidden from making an R rated film in the mcu, they just havent had to yet.

roughrider
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Well to be fair its not like Marvel are forbidden from making an R rated film in the mcu, they just havent had to yet.

I know the Punisher movies were R-rated, but the shared cinematic universe is something different. DC only gets into R-rated territory when it's been a Vertigo project, in the past.

I would be surprised if they do a R-rated movie, at this point.

Henry_Pym
Yeah that opens a can of worms; either

A) you have to talk about the events of the R rated movie, alienating a lot of younger viewers

Or

B) you don't mention it ever, and it loses the mcu bonus that comes with the puzzle.

JayDaDon
Then they should go with A. It's not like they're gonna get Punisher to join the avengers, he'll just be in the same universe, but his stories will be more mature. They're about to do something similar with Daredevil.

Firefly218
Daredevil officially rated TV-Mature

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/daredevil-rated-tv-mature

JayDaDon
Niiiiice

roughrider
First full on shot of Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk (he's only glimpsed from behind in the trailer.)

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/02/first-look-at-vincent-donofrio-as-the-kingpin-in-daredevil/

We'll see if they scale him up to look even taller in the series.

Interesting comments about this version of the character, that he shares similar goals to Daredevil but differs in methods.

Henry_Pym
Has anyone else heard Creel will return in Daredevil? It's really weird but I keep hearing it...

roughrider
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Has anyone else heard Creel will return in Daredevil? It's really weird but I keep hearing it...

Haven't heard that. I hope it's not true. We should keep excessively superpowered characters out of this.

Henry_Pym
I'd rather have real villains than fake ones like AoS did, but yeah I'd love Typhoid Mary, Bullseye & maybe Constrictor to get real love.

roughrider
New, longer trailer. Just one month to go! Happy Dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNK8L3ZdmE

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
New, longer trailer. Just one month to go! Happy Dance

ZdNK8L3ZdmE

let me help


Scott Glenn looks good as Stick.

Firefly218
meh, the longer trailer isnt that impressive

Kazenji
Originally posted by Firefly218
meh, the longer trailer isnt that impressive

erm

Henry_Pym
I kinda agree with Firefly

Still pumped for the show though.

DARTH POWER
LOL I love the line "Maybe if he had an Iron armor, or a magic hammer, that would explain why you keep getting your asses kicked."

I'm stoked for this. It's what I actually want from Marvel on Tv. But that's just me.

roughrider
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
LOL I love the line "Maybe if he had an Iron armor, or a magic hammer, that would explain why you keep getting your asses kicked."

I'm stoked for this. It's what I actually want from Marvel on Tv. But that's just me.

It's just reflecting the different audiences some Marvel Comics have - Regular, Mature and Max. Just as DC had their Vertigo line for Mature Readers. Agents Of SHIELD and Daredevil can both be in the same universe, with the latter being more gritty and violent.

On the new trailer: Vincent D'Onofrio sounds about as good as expected, but it's hard to match how the Kingpin's voice sounds in my head when I read him in the books; Deep, but softly menacing and intelligent. Like Orson Welles in his Unicron phase, or even Laurence Fishburne's voice for the Silver Surfer.

Kazenji
Watched an interview with Scott Glenn from friday, He says this show Has More Stunts than Any TV Show.

Dreampanther
I... can't... wait.

AlmightyKfish
So I've been watching since this morning, currently on episode 6, but yeah, it's absolutely fantastic.

Firefly218
The action in this first episode is INSANE

ODG
Originally posted by Firefly218
The action in this first episode is INSANE What did you think of the second episode then, bro?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ODG
What did you think of the second episode then, bro?

Apartment fight was hilarious, man was so tired and hurting, taking breaks between each scuffle.

Firefly218
Originally posted by ODG
What did you think of the second episode then, bro? Yeah that 4 minute long fight scene was incredible. It was all a single shot.

janus77
This has got to be the best comicbook to television production ever.

Mature, intelligent, gritty without falling over into parody/slit-your-wrists territory and brilliantly acted.

Fisk is obviously the outstanding character, but Matt, Foggy and Karen are well fleshed out and their actions and thoughts are given meaning and weight due to the combination of dialogue and acting.

The first season was always going to be a bit slow, so much background to provide, the need to introduce the characters but leave room for them to grow into their fully realised comic-book forms, etc, but still it managed to be very entertaining and retain its sense of maturity with the fantastical elements.

Can't wait for season two. Pity MAOS, which looks like it has a similar budget, doesn't have anywhere near the depth to its characters.

Still DD and MAOS are head and shoulders above cheesy tween-ish Flash and the slightly more adult Arrow.

JayDaDon
The Flash is just a different show. Its full on Sci-fi/comic nerd at this point and it does what its supposed to. Its a polar opposite to something like Daredevil.

quanchi112
Watching it now. Marvel is just kicking the absolute shit out of dc. It's kind of hilarious.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by janus77
Still DD and MAOS are head and shoulders above cheesy tween-ish Flash.

Daredevil is truly great but lol at this. Dark and gritty isn't what make a show great. The Flash is suppose to be the exact opposite of all that. If you don't like that then thats cool because different opinions and all but The Flash hits the mark wonderfully.

Honestly The Flash and Daredevil are my two favorite shows for sure!


Edit: Also I stopped watching MAOS around the Thor: The Dark World tie in....has it actually gotten better? I mean I thought it was alright for what it was but it wasn't enough to keep me interested really.

Firefly218
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Edit: Also I stopped watching MAOS around the Thor: The Dark World tie in....has it actually gotten better? I mean I thought it was alright for what it was but it wasn't enough to keep me interested really.

It's still not the greatest show, but it has massively improved since then.

Femi32
Originally posted by janus77
MAOS are head and shoulders above cheesy tween-ish Flash and the slightly more adult Arrow.

I highly disagree, though season 3 of Arrow isn't at it's best compared to the last two seasons. I have never been excited to watch the next episode of AOS as I have for Arrow and The Flash. AOS has made strides, though, but it still feels like MCU filler at the end of the day.


Now, onto Daredevil: This is what Marvel television should be! Smart, thrilling, suspenseful, well acted, action packed, and starring actual Marvel characters!

I hope the rumors of an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff aren't true. No need to waste more resources on D and F list characters with no prior establishment in the comics.

Golgo13
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Daredevil is truly great but lol at this. Dark and gritty isn't what make a show great. The Flash is suppose to be the exact opposite of all that. If you don't like that then thats cool because different opinions and all but The Flash hits the mark wonderfully.

Honestly The Flash and Daredevil are my two favorite shows for sure!


Edit: Also I stopped watching MAOS around the Thor: The Dark World tie in....has it actually gotten better? I mean I thought it was alright for what it was but it wasn't enough to keep me interested really.


Mine too. Both DD and Flash are apples and oranges. Flash is a hit, that's for sure.

BruceSkywalker
just three more eps left.. i love this show... the action is great.. the writing is pretty decent... i like Vince D'onofrio as FiskKingpin

I-Drop
I figured it'd be good, but it was great!!!

ODG
One of the best times I've had watching a tv show. thumb up

roughrider
Originally posted by Firefly218
Yeah that 4 minute long fight scene was incredible. It was all a single shot.

Reminded me of the hammer brawl in 2003's Oldboy, which was one continuous shot down a hallway and one guy versus dozens. Maybe it was a homage.

I think when I started reading Daredevil in the mid-1980's, this is how I imagined it would look in live action. Not like that movie misfire in 2003, which was trying to be a Spider Man imitation. This is the best work of Frank Miller, David Mazzuchelli, Bill Sienkiewicz, Brain Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev I'm seeing so far.

CPT Space Bomb
Just finished watching it (watched all 13 episodes in 3 days). Um....wow.

Easily, EASILY the best comic book to tv show I've ever watched. Arrow is pretty good, MAOS is alright, but this is Heads and shoulders better than anything else. I only wish there were more episodes to watch sad

Acting is terrific, plot and pacing are outstanding, and the fight scenes are maybe the best I've seen in the live action super hero medium (the hallway fight and battle with Nobu take the cake).

I cannot WAIT to see the other Marvel netflix shows now.

Firefly218
Originally posted by roughrider
Reminded me of the hammer brawl in 2003's Oldboy, which was one continuous shot down a hallway and one guy versus dozens. Maybe it was a homage.

I think when I started reading Daredevil in the mid-1980's, this is how I imagined it would look in live action. Not like that movie misfire in 2003, which was trying to be a Spider Man imitation. This is the best work of Frank Miller, David Mazzuchelli, Bill Sienkiewicz, Brain Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev I'm seeing so far.
thumb up That's what they were going for

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Just finished watching it (watched all 13 episodes in 3 days). Um....wow.

Easily, EASILY the best comic book to tv show I've ever watched. Arrow is pretty good, MAOS is alright, but this is Heads and shoulders better than anything else. I only wish there were more episodes to watch sad

Acting is terrific, plot and pacing are outstanding, and the fight scenes are maybe the best I've seen in the live action super hero medium (the hallway fight and battle with Nobu take the cake).

I cannot WAIT to see the other Marvel netflix shows now.
thumb up

JayDaDon
This show is making me go, phuck Jessica Jones(an odd sentence to say, because that's my sister's full name to the letter) give us more Daredevil.

roughrider
After watching the first six episodes, I've concluded that not only is it the best comics related show on TV, but one of the best comic related properties period. It's takes territory explored by Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and goes further into the dark corners the movie can only glaze over; the advantage of the serial aspect of TV, getting to fill more air time with character development.

Just waiting to see how Matt arrives at the full red suit, now.

tkitna
Originally posted by roughrider
I've concluded that not only is it the best comics related show on TV, but one of the best comic related properties period.

I agree. It really exceeded my expectations. I got pissed when I finished watching the entire thing knowing there wasn't anymore.

roughrider
I'm halfway through, and have to watch for spoilers everywhere.

Tzeentch
DD dies in the season finale.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Tzeentch
DD dies in the season finale.

Oh damn you've ruined it for me.

Newjak
Just finished watching this yesterday. Loved this series can't wait for the next season.

DARTH POWER
Was supposed to finish this today but damn Samsung Smart Tv stopped working. And didn't want to watch it on my laptop.

janus77
So, we're all in agreement. Daredevil is the best comicbook to tv translation yet.

What other properties are Marvel/Netflix working on?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by janus77
So, we're all in agreement. Daredevil is the best comicbook to tv translation yet.



No that's still The Walking Dead, and it's not even close Imho.

But is Daredevil the best superhero rendition on Tv? Quite possibly. I will be able to give a more definitive answer once I've finished the season. I have 3 episodes left. But I can safely say the show is pretty Epic.

JayDaDon
I'm actually not sure which I like more between DD and WD. Its hard to compare to be honest. WD has so much more invested with 5 seasons.

-Pr-
Really enjoyed the first season. Hoping the second gives us some more characters from the comic.

I don't think it's fair to compare it to other shows just yet though. Only one season.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by janus77

What other properties are Marvel/Netflix working on?

A.K.A. Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Luke cage
The Defenders
Daredevil Season 2

AlmightyKfish
Now they've announced another DD series after The Defenders, I'm guessing that following on from the success of this one, there's probably going to be a Punisher series in 'Wave 2' of Netflix.

Especially as a) tone wise it fits very well and b) there was that Punisher skull on the wall during episode 6.

It fits pretty well too, as Kevin Fiege has said that 'currently' in the MCU there is a Spider-Man running around but we haven't seen yet, so it works out that there might be a Punisher about who we haven't witnessed yet either.

janus77
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
A.K.A. Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Luke cage
The Defenders
Daredevil Season 2
Thanks!

Looking forward to IF, LC and DD season 2.

I don't follow Marvel street levellers besides DD, Punisher and SpiderMan, so very limited knowledge/exposure to them.

If they do make a Punisher series, it could frequently mesh with DD, much like Flash and Arrow crossover a lot.


Given the separate networks/publishers, is there any chance that MAOS characters/locales will mix with them?

I don't know who the martial arts guy Stick was reporting to is, but could that relate to the place beyond China that Skye was in?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by janus77



Given the separate networks/publishers, is there any chance that MAOS characters/locales will mix with them?



GOD I hope not.

Daredevil's been an Awesome show in it's own world on the streets. Last thing it needs is for Fitz and Simmons to show up.

I think keep their world to the Netflix one, with the possibility of any of them showing up in a Marvel movie at some point.

krisblaze
Finished this a couple of days ago, pretty damn solid.

Daredevil, Page and Urich were incredible casts.

Kingpin got a great cast as well, but I didn't much care for their take on him.

Instea of cold and calculating mob-boss we got this fat retarded baby act.

Firefly218
^ It's the origin story of kingpin dipshit

krisblaze
Originally posted by Firefly218
^ It's the origin story of kingpin dipshit

Not the good one.

Hell, it retained very little of the original story and nothing of his PERSONALITY which is what I commented on.

Firefly218
Originally posted by krisblaze
Not the good one.

Hell, it retained very little of the original story and nothing of his PERSONALITY which is what I commented on.

No one just starts off as a devious, calculating mobster. This first season of Daredevil is Wilson Fisk developing into that persona. He thinks he's the good guy throughout the show and only realizes he's the villain in the last episode.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by krisblaze
Instead of cold and calculating mob-boss we got this fat retarded baby act.
A) I'd say he was cold and calculating. The things he did (taking out Nobu with Daredevil, killing the russians....etc (making sure he stayed on Lady Ghao's goodside because something was "off" about her....

B) Fat retarded baby? Kingpin is supposed to look somewhat fat...ever read the comic? He also was most certainly not retarded; he was quite intelligent. And he had issues he had to deal with from childhood, like most villains.

roughrider
If there's going to be spoilers in this thread, I can't be here until I finish watching Season 1.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by roughrider
If there's going to be spoilers in this thread, I can't be here until I finish watching Season 1.

Same.

But I'll be finished tomorrow night. Out watching a certain Marvel movie tonight stick out tongue

ODG
Re-watching that gun sale scene in episode 3, they really need to make Turk a running gag throughout the series. Would add so much great humor.

krisblaze
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
A) I'd say he was cold and calculating. The things he did (taking out Nobu with Daredevil, killing the russians....etc (making sure he stayed on Lady Ghao's goodside because something was "off" about her....

B) Fat retarded baby? Kingpin is supposed to look somewhat fat...ever read the comic? He also was most certainly not retarded; he was quite intelligent. And he had issues he had to deal with from childhood, like most villains.

A) A cold man doesn't flip out and start tossing tables or screaming that someone "embarrassed" him. Classic fatkid rage. This was as far from the Miller Kingpin as we could get. This wasn't even Nocenti Kingpin...

b) Yeah, but in the comics they frame him in a way that makes him look imposing.

I agree with firefly though, he hasn't come into his kingpin-persona yet. This was more Wilson Fisk than Kingpin.

SamZED
Loved it. Weirdly enough, Kingpin is the most interesting character on the show. Also I'm not a fan of the final DD costume, he looked cooler just wearing black.

roughrider
This is the best example of outhouse to penthouse since Batman rebounded from Batman And Robin to Batman Begins. It's why we were giddy with delight as the days passed on that deadline for Fox years ago, and Marvel Studios got the screen rights back to Daredevil, Elektra et al. Doing the character in this format has actually made it even better, as we see they are truly dark corners in the vibrantly fun MCU, and that they co-exist rather than contradict each other in their tone.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by janus77
Thanks!
Looking forward to IF, LC and DD season 2.
I don't follow Marvel street levellers besides DD, Punisher and SpiderMan, so very limited knowledge/exposure to them.
If they do make a Punisher series, it could frequently mesh with DD, much like Flash and Arrow crossover a lot.
Given the separate networks/publishers, is there any chance that MAOS characters/locales will mix with them?
I don't know who the martial arts guy Stick was reporting to is, but could that relate to the place beyond China that Skye was in? Ive heard Coulson will cameo in Defenders.

Ghao was from K'un L'un. It's possible the Inhumans are there but idk if that's too odd, I hope they don't change Rand's backstory.

JayDaDon
I seriously hope we get Elektra in season 2. Shes a huge piece missing from the puzzle.

krisblaze
I always thought elektra was boring af, but I'm looking forward to Bullseye!

Henry_Pym
I hope we see more of the hand, Nobu was cool.

roughrider
Just finished the season tonight. Epic showdown at the end, and I like how everything has been building to Matt's appearance in his full outfit, and the way it was designed.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by krisblaze
I always thought elektra was boring af, but I'm looking forward to Bullseye!

I don't see how to be honest. A new live action portrayal holds loads of potential and her story ties right into the Bullseye/Kingpin one.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Ive heard Coulson will cameo in Defenders.


I wouldn't like that tbh.

The less connection this has to MAOS the better Imho.

Femi32
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I wouldn't like that tbh.

The less connection this has to MAOS the better Imho.

Coulson wouldn't be a huge problem for me. He made his first appearance in Iron Man. It's the other characters from MAOS that might drag the Netflix shows down. Even then, introducing anyone of them could work if it isn't forced and cheesy.

SamZED
Agents of Shield is that bad? I've only watched like 2 episodes.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SamZED
Agents of Shield is that bad? I've only watched like 2 episodes.


It's not that bad now. BUt not good enough that I want crossovers with Netflix.


Originally posted by Femi32
Coulson wouldn't be a huge problem for me. He made his first appearance in Iron Man. It's the other characters from MAOS that might drag the Netflix shows down. Even then, introducing anyone of them could work if it isn't forced and cheesy.


Yeah I suppose just Coulson would be Ok. But I'm not exactly demanding it either. In terms of crossovers I'd prefer a movie crossover, even if it's in a small way.

krisblaze
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I don't see how to be honest. A new live action portrayal holds loads of potential and her story ties right into the Bullseye/Kingpin one.

I understand that her arc is necessary to Daredevil and that she plays an important role in the development of his character, but I don't care for Elektra as a character.

JayDaDon
There's still loads of great story potential and insane fights that could be done once they introduce her. I'm not the biggest fan of her either but I'm still curious how this creative team would approach the character. Also want to see Typhoid Mary.

krisblaze
Originally posted by JayDaDon
There's still loads of great story potential and insane fights that could be done once they introduce her. I'm not the biggest fan of her either but I'm still curious how this creative team would approach the character. Also want to see Typhoid Mary.

Mary could be good.

I like her a lot more than I like Elektra.

Daredevil has a dozen of women they could introduce, haha.

JayDaDon
I cant deny the fact that elektra had the biggest impact though and she adds alot more than just a pretty face.

krisblaze
^Elektra added the most to the marvel verse, but I think Karen Page had the most impact on Matt by far

JayDaDon
Actually thats hard to disagree with. But it would still make for some awesome fights

Henry_Pym
So do you guys think Ghao was Crane Mother? It makes a lot of sense

Firefly218
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
So do you guys think Ghao was Crane Mother? It makes a lot of sense
She most definitely is

Henry_Pym
If we get Fat Cobra & Bride of 9 spiders in Iron Fist I will lose my mind.

roughrider
Well well...Jon Bernthal from The Walking Dead joins the cast in Season 2...as the Punisher!

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/jon-bernthal-daredevil-season-2-cast-1201515649/?_r=true

ODG
http://24.media.tumblr.com/bc62d480f688dedd6baf8775d3fa5fb9/tumblr_mzlrtwVwpE1rogbobo5_400.gif

DARTH POWER
Awesome News

Newjak
That's actually a great casting and someone who could potentially hold their own series.

roughrider
Originally posted by Newjak
That's actually a great casting and someone who could potentially hold their own series.

If there's a downside, it's that there's no longer any reason for Thomas Jane to hold out hope he can have the role again.

We've already seen how antagonistic Matt's relationship with Stick was, over his code of no killing/not fighting a war stance. And he still has fondness for the man. What's it going to be like, meeting someone new who settles problems with automatic weapons? big grin

(Speaking of Stick...I've been waiting for years for him to get played by Scott Glenn. That was one of the most perfect castings of all time.) thumb up

Golgo13
Solid casting, but I prefer Jane. Looks so MUCH better as the Punisher.

Kazenji
Jane only looks like Punisher from the Tim Bradstreet art.

BruceSkywalker
great fan art...


http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/KATSUMOTO121/frank.jpg

Newjak
Originally posted by roughrider
If there's a downside, it's that there's no longer any reason for Thomas Jane to hold out hope he can have the role again.

We've already seen how antagonistic Matt's relationship with Stick was, over his code of no killing/not fighting a war stance. And he still has fondness for the man. What's it going to be like, meeting someone new who settles problems with automatic weapons? big grin

(Speaking of Stick...I've been waiting for years for him to get played by Scott Glenn. That was one of the most perfect castings of all time.) thumb up Yeah I liked Jane as the Punisher but I can see why they would choose to go with a new face.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Golgo13
Solid casting, but I prefer Jane. Looks so MUCH better as the Punisher.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/KATSUMOTO121/frank.jpg

Atleast in that pic, Bernthal looks a lot closer. If we're talking about looks, nobody got closer to comic book Frank Castle than Ray Stevenson.

Golgo13
I didn't really care for Stevenson. Jane is the best one so far. Bernthal can come close, though.

JayDaDon
Jane was a decent action star. I've never heard a good reason from ANYONE how he was the best Frank Castle. In what specific ways was Jane closer to the comic book Frank Castle than Stevenson? I'm ready to finally hear a good answer to this.

Kazenji
Jane only looks like Punisher from the Tim Bradstreet art.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
Jane only looks like Punisher from the Tim Bradstreet art.

I thought he looked the closest to the Mike Zeck version of the Punisher.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Jane was a decent action star. I've never heard a good reason from ANYONE how he was the best Frank Castle. In what specific ways was Jane closer to the comic book Frank Castle than Stevenson? I'm ready to finally hear a good answer to this.

Jane did a very good voice acting job in the Punisher game. Other than that, I wasn't impressed either.

roughrider
Interesting...Elodie Yung has been cast as Elektra for Season 2.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/marvels-daredevil-casts-elektra-220321453.html

While not actually Greek - her father is Cambodian, her mother is French - she does has that exotic look Jennifer Garner was certainly lacking in 2003.

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
I thought he looked the closest to the Mike Zeck version of the Punisher.

Not so much to me from that picture, Jane isn't exactly a muscly guy.

Femi32
Originally posted by roughrider
Interesting...Elodie Yung has been cast as Elektra for Season 2.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/marvels-daredevil-casts-elektra-220321453.html

While not actually Greek - her father is Cambodian, her mother is French - she does has that exotic look Jennifer Garner was certainly lacking in 2003.

She resembles Elektra very well. She was in the running for Wonder Woman, too. Anybody know how well she can act? Also, what is a Greek Woman supposed to look like, anyway? Jennifer Aniston and Tina Fey are Greek, and they don't look anymore exotic than your average caucasian woman.

JayDaDon
Tina fey and Jennifer aniston look nothing alike. I don't think there is any specific greek look. If she told me she was greek I wouldn't fall over from shock.

roughrider
Originally posted by Femi32
She resembles Elektra very well. She was in the running for Wonder Woman, too. Anybody know how well she can act? Also, what is a Greek Woman supposed to look like, anyway? Jennifer Aniston and Tina Fey are Greek, and they don't look anymore exotic than your average caucasian woman.

Elodie Yung can pass for Mediterranean. I'm okay with her casting.

Jennifer Garner lost points for not even dying her hair black, to look more like Elektra.

Just look at this still from G.I. Joe 2 - Elodie is very well suited for this role.

http://thumbnails114.imagebam.com/42060/6f8980420596342.jpg

-Pr-
I don't think she looks great, personally, but I'll see how she does in the show. She deserves the benefit of the doubt, to be fair.

BruceSkywalker
Elodie is going to be great as Elektra

JayDaDon
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think she looks great, personally, but I'll see how she does in the show. She deserves the benefit of the doubt, to be fair.

Some sites have been running some lackluster photos, but ones like THIS is something they should have run with.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/[email protected]@._V1._SX640_SY640_.jpg

ODG
^ I'm more concerned with her acting chops than her looks. Charlie Cox, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Ayelet Zurer, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Bob Gunton, Rosario Dawson, all great actors/actresses. Whenever they showed up, they carried their scenes.

Then you had someone like Peter Shinkoda (Nobu). He looked the part. Looked great. But frankly, he was really out of his depth when it came to acting and there were times I was glad his contribution to a scene was limited to glaring randomly at people and cursing under his breath in Japanese.

That is exactly what I don't want to happen whenever Elodie Yung shows up and opens her mouth. Just draining a scene of its rightful impact. Because she's going to be right there in the thick of it and the rest of the cast is going to have to depend on her to nail those emotional notes.

Hopefully, she got the acting chops. And that's why they cast her despite how wooden and pointless she seemed in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

roughrider
Originally posted by ODG
^ I'm more concerned with her acting chops than her looks. Charlie Cox, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Ayelet Zurer, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Bob Gunton, Rosario Dawson, all great actors/actresses. Whenever they showed up, they carried their scenes.

Then you had someone like Peter Shinkoda (Nobu). He looked the part. Looked great. But frankly, he was really out of his depth when it came to acting and there were times I was glad his contribution to a scene was limited to glaring randomly at people and cursing under his breath in Japanese.

That is exactly what I don't want to happen whenever Elodie Yung shows up and opens her mouth. Just draining a scene of its rightful impact. Because she's going to be right there in the thick of it and the rest of the cast is going to have to depend on her to nail those emotional notes.

Hopefully, she got the acting chops. And that's why they cast her despite how wooden and pointless she seemed in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

So far I've only seen her in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, playing one of Lisbeth's Salander's flings. She seems to have more acting chops than people think.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by ODG
^ I'm more concerned with her acting chops than her looks. Charlie Cox, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Ayelet Zurer, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Bob Gunton, Rosario Dawson, all great actors/actresses. Whenever they showed up, they carried their scenes.

Then you had someone like Peter Shinkoda (Nobu). He looked the part. Looked great. But frankly, he was really out of his depth when it came to acting and there were times I was glad his contribution to a scene was limited to glaring randomly at people and cursing under his breath in Japanese.

That is exactly what I don't want to happen whenever Elodie Yung shows up and opens her mouth. Just draining a scene of its rightful impact. Because she's going to be right there in the thick of it and the rest of the cast is going to have to depend on her to nail those emotional notes.

Hopefully, she got the acting chops. And that's why they cast her despite how wooden and pointless she seemed in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

I gotta see her in Girl with the dragon tattoo. Quality film but I didn't see her in it. I know they had an extensive audition process so in terms of acting I'll just hope she blew them away in auditions and wait and see.

StiltmanFTW
I still haven't seen the first season... but I intend to catch up. Can't miss the Punisher played by TWD Shane in S2.

SPOILER WARNING - pics of the Punisher in action

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/images-of-jon-bernthal-as-frank-castle-for-daredev/1100-153168/

Inhuman
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I still haven't seen the first season...

qtired

Watch that shit ASAP!

roughrider
Season 2 drops in two months, and as usual Frank Miller is being an ass dick. (This guy was once my favourite writer/artist roll eyes (sarcastic) )

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Daredevil-Showrunner-Defends-Elektra-Despite-Frank-Miller-Criticisms-111687.html

I'm so glad Marvel doesn't have him in their fold as a consultant. Get it, Frank: you don't own Daredevil, Elektra or Batman, so considering what others are doing as messing around with YOUR property isn't true. You've got your head permanently stuck in Sin City anyway; stay there.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>