Ultimate Reed Richards vs Dr.Doom - Both with prep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Both have 1 month of prep. Who wins ?

Surtur
Is Ultimate Reed supposed to be as smart as the 616 version?

Glorificus
Originally posted by Surtur
Is Ultimate Reed supposed to be as smart as the 616 version?

He's not. He explicitly had to go to 616 to steal tech from 616 Reed in order to stop Galactus.

Doom eats him alive.

Surtur
Well yeah, if that is the case Doom wins easily.

DarkSaint85
Tbf, when 616 Reed first met Galactus he too needed stolen tech to drive him off.....

TheLordofMurder
Ultimate Reed wins...

As per the Council of Reed arc, every version of Reed has defeated and enslaved every version of Doom across all of reality...

Ultimate Reed puts a dog collar around Dooms throat and forces Doom to acknowledge Reed as master:

Reflassshh
How dare you, that's photoshop!!!! Doom's the smartest there is!!!

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Reflassshh
How dare you, that's photoshop!!!! Doom's the smartest there is!!!

wink

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Ultimate Reed wins...

As per the Council of Reed arc, every version of Reed has defeated and enslaved every version of Doom across all of reality...

Ultimate Reed puts a dog collar around Dooms throat and forces Doom to acknowledge Reed as master:
Poor Doom... that ownage is pretty bad. Not as bad as getting raped by a 2nd rate antman, but still.

Golgo13
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Poor Doom... that ownage is pretty bad. Not as bad as getting raped by a 2nd rate antman, but still.

When did Doom get beaten by Antman?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Golgo13
When did Doom get beaten by Antman?
F4 quite recent title, I believe. Medusa, Scott Lang, She-Hulk and Miss Thing roster.

Doom stole Watcher's power or something. Renewed his face, as he always does in such instances. Didn't stop Lang from verbally and physically owning him for, like, 20+ pages. Doom even gets tricked in the end into thinking he killed Valeria, which breaks what's left of him. That was a free bonus to the ownage, a mental fatality.

The writer must've really despised Doom.

Golgo13
F4 quite recent title, I believe. Medusa, Scott Lang, She-Hulk and Miss Thing roster.

Doom stole Watcher's power or something. Renewed his face, as he always does in such instances. Didn't stop Lang from verbally and physically owning him for, like, 20+ pages. Doom even gets tricked in the end into thinking he killed Valeria, which breaks what's left of him. That was a free bonus to the ownage, a mental fatality.

The writer must've really despised Doom.

laughing out loud Are you sure it wasn't a Doombot? Doom is supposedly unbeatable on these boards.

ODG

The writer must've really despised Doom. It was the FF + the entire Future Foundation prepped against Doom. Not exactly a low showing.

Mindset
laughing out loud Are you sure it wasn't a Doombot? Doom is supposedly unbeatable on these boards. Yes, it was a Doombot.

I'm glad you asked.

eaebiakuya
Up.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Ultimate Reed wins...

Ultimate Reed puts a dog collar around Dooms throat and forces Doom to acknowledge Reed as master: Except Ult Reed wasn't even on the Council. Nor did he prep with like every other Reed to come up with Doom enslaving tech.

eaebiakuya
Well...maybe we will see that soon.

The Maker vs The Destroyer.

Galan007
Sans the Rabum Alal stuff(because I don't even know what tier he'd be classified in, atm), Doom wins. However, Ult. Reed would present one hell of a f*cking challenge.

Originally posted by Glorificus
He's not. He explicitly had to go to 616 to steal tech from 616 Reed in order to stop Galactus.

Doom eats him alive. Ult. Reed did not steal 'tech' from his 616 counterpart--he gathered information pertaining to Galactus:
http://i.imgur.com/Gqn0uh3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7rPuv9o.jpg

Confirmation:
http://i.imgur.com/vknvjd1.jpg

And why wouldn't he? 616 Reed has obviously faced Galactus several times over the years, and has obviously gathered extensive intel on him. Conversely, Ult. Reed had never seen, or even heard of Galactus, until the events of Hunger and Cataclysm. Of course he'd want to know/learn everything about Galactus that he could, considering the threat he posed to the entire Ultimate-Universe. The plan(and tech) Ult. Reed used to banish Galactus to the N-Zone was all his, though.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Except Ult Reed wasn't even on the Council. Which is surprising, given that we were shown a brief glimpse of 'The Council' during the final issue of The Ultimates:
http://i.imgur.com/tIm4e3y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SsLRZE4.jpg

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
Sans the Rabum Alal stuff, Doom likely wins. However, Ult. Reed would present one hell of a f*cking challenge.

Ult. Reed did not steal 'tech' from his 616 counterpart--he gathered information pertaining to Galactus:
http://i.imgur.com/Gqn0uh3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7rPuv9o.jpg

Confirmation:
http://i.imgur.com/vknvjd1.jpg

And why wouldn't he? 616 Reed has obviously faced Galactus several times over the years, and has obviously gathered extensive intel on him. Conversely, Ult. Reed had never seen, or even heard of Galactus, until the events of Hunger and Cataclysm. Of course he'd want to know/learn everything about Galactus that he could, considering the threat he posed to the entire Ultimate-Universe. The plan(and tech) Ult. Reed used to banish Galactus to the N-Zone was all his, though.

Which is surprising, given that we were shown a brief glimpse of 'The Council' during the final issue of The Ultimates:
http://i.imgur.com/tIm4e3y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SsLRZE4.jpg

I thought you said ultimate reed is the smartest being in comics. Currently.

Astner
I thought you said ultimate reed is the smartest being in comics. Currently.
Rabum Alal's reveal was quite recent, and not all details are out yet.

Galan007
I thought you said ultimate reed is the smartest being in comics. Currently. I believe he is(he's definitely in the top 5, imo.) However, he's not winning an intelligence-based, prepped feat-war against Doom--pretty much no character can. Especially when you also factor in the the haxxed magics and whatnot that Doom brings to the table.

Still, though: Doom would be in for the fight of his life.

eaebiakuya
Even 616 Reed, Galan ?

And Doom probably will win some high end prep feats soon...in the other hand, is possible the same happens to ultimate Reed.

Blair Wind
Didn't Doom come back, also relatively recently (but before Rabum) as some supreme magic user with crazy amounts of power after some time away? What ever happened to that?

Mindset
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Didn't Doom come back, also relatively recently (but before Rabum) as some supreme magic user with crazy amounts of power after some time away? What ever happened to that? Doom's power ups are always quickly taken away or just forgotten soon after getting them.

Marvel likes to keep me as their enemy.

Galan007
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Even 616 Reed, Galan ?

And Doom probably will win some high end prep feats soon...in the other hand, is possible the same happens to ultimate Reed. 616 Reed is one of the only other characters that can potentially pull a win against Doom in a prep war--primarily due to the sheer number of feats at his disposal.

Personally, though, I believe that Ult. Reed would do better against Doom than 616 Reed... But that's just me.

Didn't Doom come back, also relatively recently (but before Rabum) as some supreme magic user with crazy amounts of power after some time away? What ever happened to that? Are you talking about the events of the Marquis of Death arc..?

Sadly, nothing ever happened with that.

Blair Wind
Are you talking about the events of the Marquis of Death arc..?

Sadly, nothing ever happened with that.

Yeah, that. I just remember people making a big fuss about it when it happened. Did it just go away? Ignored?

Branlor Swift
He might be surpressing it.

But beyond the Marquis arc his powerup has never been talked about. But his escape from death has from that arc.

Galan007
Yeah, that. I just remember people making a big fuss about it when it happened. Did it just go away? Ignored? MoD casting Doom millions of years into the past was briefly explored during Dark Avengers #176-177. Aside from that, Doom's touted 'MoD-upgrade' has been completely ignored.

Digi
Ult. Reed lost his cool in the Children of Tomorrow arc, suggesting he's not quite as good when sh*t hits the fan. But I agree that he might actually give Doom a better fight than 616 Reed. He's amassed a startling number of unimaginably grand prep feats.

Galan007
^ Yeah, prior to Ult. Reed's evolution into "The Maker", he likely wasn't quite as smart as his 616 counterpart, but he was in the same overall tier, imo(he's got the feats to back that up.)

...Then he built 'The Dome'--and thanks to the temporal differences that exist inside it, over 1,000 years passed by in the span of a few standard weeks on earth. This is particularly important because Ult. Reed dedicated nearly all of that millennia inside The Dome solely to expanding/increasing his own intellect. Tack that onto the fact that he is also remorseless, and NOT afraid to slaughter billions of innocents if it means achieving his goals, and I definitely think he has the potential to be a more formidable opponent than 616 Reed. I doubt that will be a popular opinion, but whatevs. /shrug

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Except Ult Reed wasn't even on the Council. Nor did he prep with like every other Reed to come up with Doom enslaving tech.

Doesnt matter...

Ultimate Reed is smarter and better than Doom...

I repeat, Reed collars Doom and forces Doom to acknowledge Reed as his superior...

krisblaze
Neither of these two could throw down with the real Reed.

Just wait until he solves this whole mess and brings home a harem of Sues and Valeries to bang.

deathlife
^ Yeah, prior to Ult. Reed's evolution into "The Maker", he likely wasn't quite as smart as his 616 counterpart, but he was in the same overall tier, imo(he's got the feats to back that up.)

...Then he built 'The Dome'--and thanks to the temporal differences that exist inside it, over 1,000 years passed by in the span of a few standard weeks on earth. This is particularly important because Ult. Reed dedicated nearly all of that millennia inside The Dome solely to expanding/increasing his own intellect. Tack that onto the fact that he is also remorseless, and NOT afraid to slaughter billions of innocents if it means achieving his goals, and I definitely think he has the potential to be a more formidable opponent than 616 Reed. I doubt that will be a popular opinion, but whatevs. /shrug

Agreed.....

Reflassshh
Ult. Reed will ultimately beat him because he is... the ultimate hero thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.