Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
XC7GPdBV9WQ

This looks great. The atmosphere is perfect for Daredevil. I cant wait for him to clash with Kingpin and Bullseye! Hopefully we'll even get Punisher to pop up at some point. Also, hopefully he dons the red costume by the end of the season. This show IS part of the MCU btw.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/daredevil-teaser-trailer-exclusive-debut

http://coolvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Action-Art-Philip-Herman-Daredevil-VS-Kingpin.jpg

BruceSkywalker
looks interesting

DARTH POWER
This is gonna be Awesome! Can't wait.

Firefly218
Daredevil officially rated TV-Mature

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/daredevil-rated-tv-mature

BlackZero30x
With the current deal in place giving the MCU access to Spider-Man it also opens the entire MCU up to Sony for their movies. What I am getting at is if Daredevil does good there may be a chance for a Spider-Man Daredevil team up!

DARTH POWER
^ Yep and Kingpin can be a Spider-Man villain line he was so often in the comics.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Yep and Kingpin can be a Spider-Man villain line he was so often in the comics. I never understood why he went with the Daredevil rights in the first place. He first showed up in Spiderman, and has appeared regularly since.

Robtard
Looking forward to this

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I never understood why he went with the Daredevil rights in the first place. He first showed up in Spiderman, and has appeared regularly since.

It might have been a case of Kingpin being an associated character of both Daredevil and Spider-Man. Kind of like how both Marvel and Fox can use QS and SW, because they were both considered essential parts of the X-Men and Avengers Universe.

But perhaps Sony just decided to never use him. I have to admit I would hate it if the movie version got into a fist fight with Kingpin and struggled. That always annoyed me in the Comics, Games and Cartoons.

Arachnid1
jAy6NJ_D5vU

Awesome new trailer. I'm hoping this show forces all other live action shows to step it up like Spiderman 2 and TDK did for super hero movies. Also, the first episode has already leaked apparently. People seem to be pretty amazed. Especially by the finale. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but it comes out soon enough so I think I'll wait.

TheVaultDweller
Quite excited for this. Both trailers look really good, and I liked the little nod to Thor and Ironman at the end of the 2nd one.

Jmanghan
Am I the only one who thinks that Kingpin is a bad villain? He's just a crime lord. JUST a crime lord, there is nothing special or unique about him.

At least Bullseye has something going for him as a villain.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Am I the only one who thinks that Kingpin is a bad villain? He's just a crime lord. JUST a crime lord, there is nothing special or unique about him.

At least Bullseye has something going for him as a villain. He's not just a crime lord. He's THE crime lord. He's enough of a physical threat to fight people like Spiderman and Dardevil on even ground, and has enough backing to be feared by legitimate super powered beings. He has henchmen like Electra, Electro, Rhino, Sandman, (etc...). He's the untouchable crime lord with a super powered army and the entire NYC underworld and police department in his pocket.

Kingpin is an awesome villain.

BlackZero30x
Its his resources and intelligence that make him such a good villain. Hes no Lex Luther but he is clever and he manages to pull his resources in ways that allow him to hire people like Bullseye.

Robtard
He's not just a crime lord. He's THE crime lord. He's enough of a physical threat to fight people like Spiderman and Dardevil on even ground, and has enough backing to be feared by legitimate super powered beings. He has henchmen like Electra, Electro, Rhino, Sandman, (etc...). He's the untouchable crime lord with a super powered army and the entire NYC underworld and police department in his pocket.

Kingpin is an awesome villain.

thumb up

D'Onofrio as KP thumb up thumb up thumb up

Quincy

At least Bullseye has something going for him as a villain.

You don't read much Daredevil, do you?

Mindset

At least Bullseye has something going for him as a villain. It sounds like you basically have no idea who Kingpin is.

Jmanghan
I haven't read much DareDevil, but I've seen the movie, and the episode of Spiderman with Kingpin.

But, then again, you need to be near-Joker level or have superhuman powers to be a good villain.

Mindset
I haven't read much DareDevil, but I've seen the movie, and the episode of Spiderman with Kingpin.

But, then again, you need to be near-Joker level or have superhuman powers to be a good villain. Did you not see KP kicking DD's ass in the movie? There were a lot of episodes of Kingpin in Spiderman, he's usually shown as a threat, so I still don't know why you're downplaying him.

I don't know what you mean by Joker level.

Eminence
erm

BruceSkywalker
I need to borrow somebodies netflix account.... so who will let me borrow theirs

lol

DARTH POWER
^ I'm thinking of getting Netflix, with all these Marvel shows plus other stuff they have.

Arachnid1
http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3338527/tv-review-netflixs-daredevil-fear/

This show has been getting epic amounts of praise. Kingpin is being called the greatest Marvel villain yet. Charlie Cox apparently plays Matt Murdock perfectly, and all the on screen relationships, dialogue, and fight scenes are masterfully done. Just 10 more days!

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I need to borrow somebodies netflix account.... so who will let me borrow theirs

lol OK.

Robtard
^ I'm thinking of getting Netflix, with all these Marvel shows plus other stuff they have. iirc, you can get Netflix for under $10.00 USD a month for streaming purposes. I think we pay $7.99.

DARTH POWER
^ I actually just checked and you can try 1 month for free. So I think this is a good time to try my free month wink

Robtard
Nice thumb up

Unless the "free trial" comes with stipulations and they block the newest content, which is something Netflix would do.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Robtard
Nice thumb up

Unless the "free trial" comes with stipulations and they block the newest content, which is something Netflix would do.

I would kill them mad

Doubt it though because they've taken my card details and it will carry on automatically if I don't cancel it before next month.

Might even keep it. Will see.

Robtard
Did you read the fine print of the EULA?

There very could well be a stipulation where you agreed to let Netflicks sew your lips to the anus-hole of another person and in turn have another person's lips sewed to your anus-hole if you cancel. Just saying.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
Did you read the fine print of the EULA?

There very could well be a stipulation where you agreed to let Netflicks sew your lips to the anus-hole of another person and in turn have another person's lips sewed to your anus-hole if you cancel. Just saying. Pretty sure that was his incentive to sign up.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty sure that was his incentive to sign up.

Nah, it's just a bonus. As long as it's free for a month, they can attach whatever they like to my bottom.

Stringer
Look awesome. When does it come out?

BlackZero30x
Netflix costumer support is actually really cool. I canceled my subscription before March but they still charged me for March. I called and not only did I get my money back but they let me keep my subscription through March for free. The phone call only lasted like 5 mins too.

I don't like paying for it if I have watched everything I already wanted to so I cancel my sub until they put new stuff on. Just gotta hit the restart membership button and all your preferences and everything are still where they were when you left.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Netflix costumer support is actually really cool. I canceled my subscription before March but they still charged me for March. I called and not only did I get my money back but they let me keep my subscription through March for free. The phone call only lasted like 5 mins too.

I don't like paying for it if I have watched everything I already wanted to so I cancel my sub until they put new stuff on. Just gotta hit the restart membership button and all your preferences and everything are still where they were when you left.

thumb up

It's not even expensive, so with all the Marvel shows coming I might even keep it. Plus gives me a chance to catch up on Tv series I never watched like Battlestar Galactica and Breaking Bad.

Dreampanther
10th of April - less than a week to go! Being the greedy pig that I am, I'll probably end up watching the whole season in one go.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Dreampanther
10th of April - less than a week to go! Being the greedy pig that I am, I'll probably end up watching the whole season in one go.

it can't come fast enough stick out tongue

BlackZero30x
thumb up

It's not even expensive, so with all the Marvel shows coming I might even keep it. Plus gives me a chance to catch up on Tv series I never watched like Battlestar Galactica and Breaking Bad.

lol yeah it really is worth the money too. I do the $8.99 HD streaming on two devices at a time. The Xbox One in the bedroom and I have a set up in the living room also.

Arachnid1
ZdNK8L3ZdmE

Awesome trailer.

I've been reading some Daredevil comics in preparation. The End of Days story is pretty gruesome. I wonder what the chance of an adaptation some day in the far future is.

http://i46.tinypic.com/f104f5.jpg

http://wordofthenerdonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/12/Janson-4.jpg

Ridley_Prime
Oh yeah, there's a trailer for this that autoplays for me on Netflix after watching something. Looked pretty promising. Guessing that's the same trailer there based on the time length.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh yeah, there's a trailer for this that autoplays for me on Netflix after watching something. Looked pretty promising. Guessing that's the same trailer there based on the time length. Nah different trailer, but you don't need to see that one. We'll have the full show in less than a week.

BruceSkywalker
does anyone know how many shows marvel made because i might binge watch on friday or just watch half and finish up on saturday

Dreampanther
Looks like 13 episodes

BruceSkywalker
Looks like 13 episodes

sounds good.. i will watch a few eps on friday and the rest on saturday.

the show is an hour long?

Dreampanther
sounds good.. i will watch a few eps on friday and the rest on saturday.

the show is an hour long?

Yup, 60 minutes.

Kazenji
If your a fan of the Rotten Tomatoes place, This show has a 100% rating.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji
If your a fan of the Rotten Tomatoes place, This show has a 100% rating.

Well it's only 5 people who have rated it.

Still I have a good feeling this show is gonna be all new kinds of Awesome.

Firefly218
Any of y'all seen Spartacus? The first two seasons fvcking rock, so if that's any indication daredevil should be great.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Firefly218
Any of y'all seen Spartacus? The first two seasons fvcking rock, so if that's any indication daredevil should be great.

Same director or writers as Daredevil?

DARTH POWER

That's one of my favorite series of all time. Why? Is this connected?

Also remember Drew Goddard was heavily involved in the pre-production for this until he left to make the Sinister Six movie for Sony. Lol Poor guy.

Firefly218
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Same director or writers as Daredevil?
That's one of my favorite series of all time. Why? Is this connected?

Also remember Drew Goddard was heavily involved in the pre-production for this until he left to make the Sinister Six movie for Sony. Lol Poor guy.

The show runner and head writer of Spartacus is the same guy who's running Daredevil. He also worked with Joss on Buffy and Angel. His name is Stephen DeKnight, he did a tremendous job with Spartacus.

DARTH POWER
The show runner and head writer of Spartacus is the same guy who's running Daredevil. He also worked with Joss on Buffy and Angel. His name is Stephen DeKnight, he did a tremendous job with Spartacus.

Awesome

DARTH POWER
Well it's available!

Will begin binging tonight.

BlackZero30x
Episode 1 was a pretty good start! im gonna binge watch this today lol!

Impediment
I'm already on episode three.

A brilliant, bloody, violent, dark, action packed, and smart show!

Dreampanther
Frigging hell. Episode 1 was excellent. Brutal and bloody. I can already see the next few dozen vs threads involving Daredevil and Arrow. And Daredevil kicking ass.

Impediment
Episode 4 of Daredevil is over and the Binge Train shows no signs of ceasing.

Holy Christ on a pogo stick! Wilson Fisk is a brutal, sadistic f*ck of a G!!!

This series makes Nolan's Batman franchise look like My Little Pony!

BlackZero30x
lol yeah After epsode 5 I took a break to get some other stuff done but im gonna finish out the season tonight.

Impediment
Just finished episode 5.

Bravo to the producers, writers, and cast.

Rosario Dawson is soooooo f*cking beautiful!!

Lestov16
Watching this on Netflix. This show is great! Was squeeing at the Avengers references. The acting and dialogue is perfect, the direction and writing is awesome, and the fight scenes are some of the best choreographed I've seen in a while. I am going to so enjoy binging this big grin

ares834
Three episodes in so far and this show has been great so far. One of the best things is how Daredevil isn't some unstoppable badass. He is human and struggles even against mooks. It makes every fight intense.

Lestov16
This might be the best superhero show I've ever seen. Way better than Arrow. Anyone else agree?

ares834
Flash is still better IMO. It's far better than the rest so far though.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Impediment
This series makes Nolan's Batman franchise look like My Little Pony!

Daredevil makes Batman look 20% cooler? Alrighty.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by ares834
Flash is still better IMO. It's far better than the rest so far though.

agreed! BUT Daredevil is just freaking amazing! My second favorite Superhero show after Flash.

OOhH and episode 7!!!

DARTH POWER
Damn you guys are all racing past me. I've only seen the first 2 episodes. Will catch up on more tonight.

Lestov16
On episode 8. Kingpin's backstory is phucking amazing! His love story with Vanessa is great too.

Firefly218
This is undoubtedly the best superhero show I've ever seen. Binge watched the entire season yesterday and it's ****ing incredible. Haven't seen Flash yet, but if y'all still consider it better than daredevil I might actually check it out.

Lestov16
On episode 10 now. Agree that this is the best superhero show I've yet seen. I haven't seen Flash or Gotham so I can't compare, but this far better than Arrow, AoS, or Smallville.

For those who are deep into it, if you could help clarify, Why did Stick kill that chained up kid. It was alluded to that he was some kind of WMD or something, but it was never specified? Maybe he was a telekinetic? I noticed how Foggy was talking about a robot invasion, which obviously is foreshadowing to Age Of Ultron. Was kid that maybe foreshadowing for Scarlet Witch? Any inquires would be appreciated.

Lestov16
Wow. Watching episode 10 and during the scene with Ben and his boss, you can see newspaper articles saying "Battle of New York" and "Harlem Terror: Hulk emerges victorious in destructive uptown battle" hanging on Ben's wall. I love these MCU references! big grin

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Lestov16
but this far better than Arrow, AoS, or Smallville.

For those who are deep into it, if you could help clarify, Why did Stick kill that chained up kid. It was alluded to that he was some kind of WMD or something, but it was never specified? Maybe he was a telekinetic? I noticed how Foggy was talking about a robot invasion, which obviously is foreshadowing to Age Of Ultron. Was kid that maybe foreshadowing for Scarlet Witch? Any inquires would be appreciated.

I agree! and im not to sure about the kid but I am pretty sure that it has something to do with The Hand.

marwash22
I'm only on ep. 4 and I feel comfortable saying this show is already better than every comic based show on tv except 'The Flash'. It's ridiculous how much better this is than that steaming pile of shit AoS.

Arachnid1
I've seen up to episode 5

Man, Kingpin is a monster

Lestov16
Had to take a break. Only got 3 hours of sleep because I was up all night binge watching and immediately started when I woke back up. Only 2 episodes left.

Lestov16
I can already see the next few dozen vs threads involving Daredevil and Arrow. And Daredevil kicking ass.

Daredevil would own Arrow with his enhanced senses and awesome durability. I doubt he would fare successfully against the likes of Cap or WS, but he'd definitely whoop BW and HE in a H2H match. I wonder how he would fare against Ras or Ozy.

Oh the threads I'll be making...smile

*speaking of which, that scene where he dropped the fire extinguisher on the cop's head from IIRC 3 floors up was insane

Impediment
I haven't seen any of Arrow or Flash. Are they on par with Daredevil?

On episode six now. I had to wait for my wife to catch up (I watched episode 5 without her).

I'm loving this show.

FYI, Vanessa is the name of Wilson Fisk's wife in the 22 issue story arc "PunisherMAX" by Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon.

I can't wait to see Fisk's origin episode. While at dinner with Vanessa, Fisk mentioned that his cuff links were his dad's and wears them every day. In PunisherMAX, a young Fisk drugs his abusive, alcoholic dad with a paralyzing agent, stuffs cheese into his dad's mouth, and then lets 5 starving rats eat the cheese from his mouth while suffocating him and eating the inside of his mouth. Brutal shit.

I'm wondering if I'll see anything like that.

Lestov16
Fisk's backstory is epic.

"Keep kicking him!" You'll know what I mean when you see it smile

marwash22
the one thing i'll give Affleck Daredevil credit for is that they did a better job depicting his senses. The "world on fire" thing makes sense, i just prefer the way they did it in the Affleck movie.

Galan007

On episode six now. I had to wait for my wife to catch up (I watched episode 5 without her).

I'm loving this show.

FYI, Vanessa is the name of Wilson Fisk's wife in the 22 issue story arc "PunisherMAX" by Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon.

I can't wait to see Fisk's origin episode. While at dinner with Vanessa, Fisk mentioned that his cuff links were his dad's and wears them every day. In PunisherMAX, a young Fisk drugs his abusive, alcoholic dad with a paralyzing agent, stuffs cheese into his dad's mouth, and then lets 5 starving rats eat the cheese from his mouth while suffocating him and eating the inside of his mouth. Brutal shit.

I'm wondering if I'll see anything like that. They switched it up for the show. Still a good backstory, though. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
watched the first 4 eps last night, will watch more episodes in about a hour and a half.. i am liking what i am seeing. much better than that piece of shiite known as affleck daredevil. i am enjoying DD's fight scenes.. Murdock's closing statement in the courtroom was very touching and well written. D'Nofrio as Kingpin was excellent casting. He is great as Fisk.

to those that have watched more eps than me mad mad mad mad but has he gotten the red suit yet? billy club?

I'm loving this show.

I'm wondering if I'll see anything like that.

arrow and flash are great shows even though arrow story wise this year has been lacking but that is expected for episodic television. last year of arrow and first year of flash on on par with daredevil..

Arachnid1
has he gotten the red suit yet? billy club? This. I've been waiting for the billy club for so long (5 episodes lol).

Lestov16
but has he gotten the red suit yet?

Yeah, in the final couple of episodes, he does finally gets his trademark suit (which is also body armor)

BlackZero30x
Yeah, in the final couple of episodes, he does finally gets his trademark suit (which is also body armor)

and That suit looked so badass imo

Supermutant
On episode 5, no complaints so far as this is a pretty epic show.

bats2jm
best superhero show ever sorry flash you are still great never loved Arrow.

ares834
Great season. Kingpin was my favorite part about the show though. Easily the best MCU villain yet.

Also was not a fan at all of the suit. It was far too busy and I thought it was pretty terrible. The black outfit looked far better. Hopefully, they make the suit more simple for the Defenders and season 2.

DARTH POWER
Finished ep 5.

I'm shocked they've really gone the distance with the whole dark and gritty tone. And they've stuck with it. No silly jokes or cheesiness mixed in. It's the first superhero show to do that. Gotham and Arrow both tried it (to a much lesser degree) but could never stick to it for long.

It's a lot less "superhero" than Flash and Arrow but it's really done something different with the whole Law and Order in Reverse.

I will finish the season before I rank this, but man I respect this show having balls.

Lestov16
Great season. Kingpin was my favorite part about the show. Easily the best MCU villain yet."

Yeah. I hope he gets out of jail next season and reunites with Vanessa. She'll probably be waiting for him. Those two made a great couple.. His backstory episode was amazing beginning to end. The scene of him looking in the mirror and seeing his bloodied kid self at the beginning was intense.

Speaking of Fisk, I was so pissed at Wesley's death. He was such an awesome character and to not only have him die, but at the hands of Karen because he was stupid enough to put a loaded gun in front of an unrestrained captive, was a real bummer. Probably the only part of the show I didn't like, but that's admittedly for subjective reasons.

BlackZero30x
Great season. Kingpin was my favorite part about the show though. Easily the best MCU villain yet.

Also was not a fan at all of the suit. It was far too busy and I thought it was pretty terrible. The black outfit looked far better. Hopefully, they make the suit more simple for the Defenders and season 2.

I personally really liked the suit lol

juggernaut74
Good show so far. Just don't like the shaky camera style.

ares834
Yeah. I hope he gets out of jail next season and reunites with Vanessa. She'll probably be waiting for him. Those two made a great couple.. His backstory episode was amazing beginning to end. The scene of him looking in the mirror and seeing his bloodied kid self at the beginning was intense.

Yeah that was great. Also loved the whole idea with the painting as it really showed how f***ed up the guy is. And then at the end his cell looks the same way. Great stuff. As for Vanessa, not only do I expect her to be waiting but I expect she will help break him out.

Speaking of Fisk, I was so pissed at Wesley's death. He was such an awesome character and to not only have him die, but at the hands of Karen because he was stupid enough to put a loaded gun in front of an unrestrained captive, was a real bummer. Probably the only part of the show I didn't like, but that's admittedly for subjective reasons.

Loved the character as well but he needed to die. He was the catalyst that turned Fisk from a "well intentioned" villain to the black-hearted Kingpin. As for his death, I thought it was handled well. The impression I had was Wesley was more of a "business man" and that he rarely stooped to getting his hands dirty like that. So him making a major mistake wasn't exactly unexpected.

Galan007
Also was not a fan at all of the suit. It was far too busy and I thought it was pretty terrible. thumb up

It looks like it was straight out of the Kick Ass-verse.

Surtur
Having a hard time getting into this. I haven't gotten past the first episode. I really enjoyed the beginning, I liked the fight scene where he takes out those...sex traffickers? I have to say though then it got...a bit boring after that, waiting for them to get to the next exciting sequence.

Impediment
"Keep kicking him!" You'll know what I mean when you see it smile

Daaaaaaaamn!!

Lestov16
Was wondering, IIRC in a flashback, Matt was talking to Foggy about how he took Spanish to get close to a Greek girl, but their relationship didn't pan out. Could this Greek girl be Elektra Natchios?

Impediment
Probably just a nod the the character, like how "magic hammer" and "iron suit" were referenced. Foggy even made a Captain America reference in episode 9.

Lestov16
Well supposedly Elektra and Bullseye will be showing up next season, so it could be foreshadowing.

Impediment
If so, then nice!

Jason Aaron's Bullseye from PunisherMAX was f*cking insane!! Even more so than the 616 version.

Ever read the story?

Galan007
Punisher MAX is one of my single favorite comic series' of all time. It is excellent on pretty much every conceivable level.

If you haven't read it, do so ASAP. You will NOT be disappointed. thumb up

Lestov16
Sadly no. While I do enjoy superhero films and TV, I've never been one for comics, although I do know a lot of comic lore and characters.

EDIT: That being stated, I have seen the Bullseye respect thread, and there's an extremely badass version in there who kills practically all of Matt's loved ones, lures him onto a building, taunts him about his no-kill rule, and then blows it up, killing hundreds, while saying "bullseye". If that's the version you're talking about, then yeah. He's absolutely badass.

Wei Phoenix
On Episode 12 I want Karen to die so bad for what she did to Wesley. He was one of the best characters in my opinion. His scenes with Fisk were always gold.

Galan007
Yeah, I wish he wouldn't have gone out... Like that.

Waste of a great character, imo.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
On Episode 12 I want Karen to die so bad for what she did to Wesley. He was one of the best characters in my opinion. His scenes with Fisk were always gold.

after thinking about it, I realized that, TBF, Wesley was avenged, even if inadvertently. Fisk kills Ben, one of Karen's best friends, as a result of Karen killing his best friend. Dat karmic retribution.

Wei Phoenix
after thinking about it, I realized that, TBF, Wesley was avenged, even if inadvertently. Fisk kills Ben, one of Karen's best friends, as a result of Karen killing his best friend. Dat karmic retribution.

Black man dying for a White person's sin sounds pretty accurate. I still want her dead.

Wei Phoenix
Kudos to Foggy banging the hot chicks though.

Lestov16
Ben had the saddest story out of all them though Had a smokin hot young white woman in his house and his wife was at the hospital, but was so distracted with the Fisk story that he didn't use the opportunity to get some ass. One of the saddest things I've ever seen sad

BruceSkywalker
just 5 more eps to go.. i like this show.. the easter eggs were great to see..

DARTH POWER
Just finished the 6th episode which was the best one yet.

I noticed in the credits that Drew Goddard was actually the creator of this show. That makes me excited for him possibly doing the next Spider-Man.

Impediment
Season one is watched.

A very good series, indeed. I want season two out NOW NOW NOW.

The costume doesn't suck, but it doesn't get my best rating. It's....okay.

Firefly218
Just finished the 6th episode which was the best one yet.

I noticed in the credits that Drew Goddard was actually the creator of this show. That makes me excited for him possibly doing the next Spider-Man. Goddard is given the creator credit for writing the first two episodes and planning a rough outline for the entire season. Steven DeKnight did the bulk of the work as the showrunner.

Lestov16
Regarding the suit, while it wasn't terrible, it wasn't too visually impressive either. Kinda wish they had given him Affleck's DD suit

Also, I wish we would have gotten some more backstory on Vanessa. I'm interested to know exactly why an art dealer would not only fall in love with, but full-heartedly support the violent actions of, a psychopath like Fisk.

Wei Phoenix
Vanessa is the down ass ***** that all of the rappers talk about in their raps. She is the holy grail of down ass bitches.

Lestov16
Vanessa is the down ass ***** that all of the rappers talk about in their raps. She is the holy grail of down ass bitches.

thumb up

Vanessa is awesome. She's like the perfect dream woman. Most women would run to the hills if their date told them about committing patricide, but instead she's not only down with it, but supports his violent ambitions purely out of love. That's why I want to know more about her backstory. She has to be some kind of sociopath or something,

DARTH POWER
Goddard is given the creator credit for writing the first two episodes and planning a rough outline for the entire season. Steven DeKnight did the bulk of the work as the showrunner.

I think they both deserve credit for the 1st season of this show.

Lestov16
A post from imdb.com:
It just occurred to me:

A bald, unscrupulous contractor and criminal swoops in to grab a hold of a city in the wake of an alien attack. He also uses people's uncertainty of the new hero on the block to stir up negative sentiment.

Did Marvel just beat DC to the punch on the (basic) BvS: DoJ storyline?

Thoughts?

MF DELPH
On the Vanessa topic:

I think she's in love with his conviction and passion. The convo with Matt about that art piece in her gallery was very telling, IMO. Fisk is capable of great love and fury, and that was Vanessa's exact description of the piece of art she showed Matt just before Fisk arrived in the gallery. Also in the way she enjoyed dressing him at his home. I think Fisk is like a muse to her as he embodies the dichotomy she loved in that piece of art, and for that she loves and understands him.

^Spoiler tagged it in case anyone might see that as giving away plot points.

Firefly218
I think they both deserve credit for the 1st season of this show.

Yes, they both did an incredible job

MF DELPH
A post from imdb.com:
It just occurred to me:

A bald, unscrupulous contractor and criminal swoops in to grab a hold of a city in the wake of an alien attack. He also uses people's uncertainty of the new hero on the block to stir up negative sentiment.

Thoughts?

Hadn't thought of this angle, but it is an interesting point. Also Daredevil being one of Affleck's biggest failures. The irony of Batfleck being outshined by a new Daredevil adaptation could be epic. He'd better knock his Batman portrayal out the park.

Also, having just finished the season this morning, the second thought to cross my mind after my not being able to wait to see Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders, is that they HAVE to do The Punisher, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, and something cosmic (Quasar or Adam Warlock, maybe?) on Netflix.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Also Daredevil being one of Affleck's biggest failures.

I wouldn't go that far. It made profit, and I actually kind of liked it.

Was just a bit cheesy, and obviously looks very silly compared to this series.

MF DELPH
The consensus, which I personally agree with, was that Fleckdevil was horrible. This scene:

tQQ9B9-GLNY

^epitomizes why I personally pan the film. You're more than welcome to enjoy it and have an opposing opinion, of course, but the consensus is that Affleck's Daredevil was a failure and one of the worst Marvel Films released along with it's 'sequel' Elektra and Ghost Rider.

Lestov16
I didn't think Affleck DD was good. but it wasn't horrible nor one of the worst superhero films I've ever seen. I'd rank it above films such as say, SM3 or Catwoman. Farrell Bullseye was great.

And of all the flaws of the DD film, I don't think Affleck's acting is one of them. If the film sucked, it would be the writer's fault, not the actors. So I don't hold DD as any personal failure of Ben, nor will it affect my judgement of BvS.

DARTH POWER

^epitomizes why I personally pan the film. You're more than welcome to enjoy it and have an opposing opinion, of course, but the consensus is that Affleck's Daredevil was a failure and one of the worst Marvel Films released along with it's 'sequel' Elektra and Ghost Rider.

I realise that's the consensus and I'm not arguing with that. All I said was that it did make some profit (obviously or there never would have been an Electra), and that I personally kind of liked it.

And I've already pointed out it was cheesy.

But I don't agree with associating the movie's "failure" with Affleck. Although I do hope his Batman voice is a hell of a lot better than his Daredevil voice.

Supermutant
A post from imdb.com:
It just occurred to me:

Thoughts?

It seems to me that DC already used Daredevil's plot in Batman Begins and Arrow season 1. Basically street level hero returns to home city to fight against corruption and crime. Bad guys (Ra's al Ghul, Malcolm Merlin, Kingpin) have their own twisted vision of saving the city which is at complete odds with the hero.

Wei Phoenix
Well Matt never left his city, he's not rich either.

Supermutant
Well Matt never left his city, he's not rich either.

IIRC Matt went to college/law school away from Hell's Kitchen. I never stated that he was rich or that everything was exactly the same, just similar plot points-local boy becomes a vigilante to save city from crooked cops, drugs(fear toxin, vertigo drug, steel serpent heroine), mobs, and corruption.
Some other things are similar as well as how they started out in just black clothing and mask.

Impediment
My contention about Vanessa is that she's just as sadistic as Fisk, but she's conservative about it; she's a watcher, not a doer.

Arachnid1
Holy Episode 9

Murdock got absolutely brutalized by the Kingpin...

Lestov16
Fisk is so awesome. I love how he's both violently impulsive and meticulously prepared at the same time. He kills the Russian on a whim for interrupting his date, but then immediately utilizes it to his advantage of gaining power. He may be the MCU's best villain yet.

IMO, this show struck the perfect balance of a villain so likeable that you root for their success, but not to the point that it outshines the heroes.

dynamix
Man this is pretty ill so far. Dude that played fisk realky worked it! My only complaint is the secretary chick. Im only on episode 4 but i find her sub plot distracting and annoying lol

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Supermutant
I never stated that he was rich or that everything was exactly the same,

I like him not being a Billionaire. We have too many Billionaire Vigilante superheroes so it's good to have just a normal business man whose business actually doesn't bring in too much because of how moral he is.

Firefly218
Fisk is so awesome. I love how he's both violently impulsive and meticulously prepared at the same time. He kills the Russian on a whim for interrupting his date, but then immediately utilizes it to his advantage of gaining power. He may be the MCU's best villain yet.

IMO, this show struck the perfect balance of a villain so likeable that you root for their success, but not to the point that it outshines the heroes.

And this is just the origin of Kingpin. Think how freakin badass he'll be once he goes full villain.

Wei Phoenix
Last episode spoiler question.

So what do you think the favor was that Wilson asked Vanessa to do for him? Was it setting up his escape or could it be something deeper than that, something that we will find out in season 2. I think it will be something crucial to him getting off from the charges.

BruceSkywalker
Last episode spoiler question.

So what do you think the favor was that Wilson asked Vanessa to do for him? Was it setting up his escape or could it be something deeper than that, something that we will find out in season 2. I think it will be something crucial to him getting off from the charges.

it's for her to buy him his white suit he wears in the comics big grin

Supermutant
I like him not being a Billionaire. We have too many Billionaire Vigilante superheroes so it's good to have just a normal business man whose business actually doesn't bring in too much because of how moral he is.

I don't disagree, but I'm curious why I was quoted for this point? confused

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Supermutant
I don't disagree, but I'm curious why I was quoted for this point? confused

Just carrying on something you mentioned.

Arachnid1
I finally finished the show. Most I liked, some I hated. I'll start off with the worst, which I'm surprised none of you have brought up.

Killing Ben Urich was a BIG mistake. You guys are complaining about losing Weasley, which sucked, but Ben's death was the worst. He is a very integral part of the Marvel U. I thought him getting fired would just be the next step to him working for the Daily Bugle with Spidey in his movie, but then they just brutally killed him off. It didn't even really serve the story either. Events would have played out the same either way with the crooked detective. His wifes entire 'feeling' that his best stories were yet to come was just a stupid little misleading comment. I can practically hear the writers loling right now at peoples reactions.

I usually like characters getting killed off, but not pointlessly. It needs to drive the story forward in some way. Urich is such a big part of so many Marvel stories that killing him off in the first season of Daredevil was the writers shooting themselves in the foot.

For example, he never had a kid with his wife. That means the End of Days adaption, which is cannon to 616, will never happen. In that story, Urich is investigating the death of Daredevil. Its actually serves as an origin story for Matt's protege, who happens to be Urichs son. This story is for sure impossible, which is fine, but it's just an example. There are a ton of other stories with Urich playing a pivotal part. You just know they're gonna make a new reporter character to fill the gaps in season 2. This is the big thing that took away from this series.

Another big point I didn't like was Fisk pointlessly murdering The Owl, who is a villain in his own right. Reminds me of how wasted Black Mask was in Arkham Origins only to play second fiddle to Joker. Sure, I was never a huge fan of The Owl, but he could have served to give some good little side stories. No point thinning out Daredevils rogues gallery before he's even Daredevil.

Lastly, DDs mask looked terrible. The suit itself was fine, if a little cluttered. The mask is what could have sold it as amazing, but it looked bad.

Everything else was great. The actor who played Matt absolutely nailed it. Fisk was even more perfect, somehow. I loved how this served as an origin story for Fisk as much as it did one for Matt. He wasn't the Kingpin yet, but it showed how he transformed into the Kingpin. I'm sure we'll get him in season 2 or 3 as the full fledged father of the criminal underworld. That scene were he was liberated from custody was absolutely badass. You can tell that he was born in the back of that armored vehicle.

Also loved all the set up for Iron Fist.

Now I just need a Punisher series to have him clash with Kingpin and Bullseye, and I'll die happy. Also hoping DD shows up in Civil War.

Mindset
Are they making a punisher series?

Firefly218
I finally finished the show. Most I liked, some I hated. I'll start off with the worst, which I'm surprised none of you have brought up.

Killing Ben Urich was a BIG mistake. You guys are complaining about losing Weasley, which sucked, but Ben's death was the worst. He is a very integral part of the Marvel U. I thought him getting fired would just be the next step to him working for the Daily Bugle with Spidey in his movie, but then they just brutally killed him off. It didn't even really serve the story either. Events would have played out the same either way with the crooked detective. His wifes entire 'feeling' that his best stories were yet to come was just a stupid little misleading comment. I can practically hear the writers loling right now at peoples reactions.

I usually like characters getting killed off, but not pointlessly. It needs to drive the story forward in some way. Urich is such a big part of so many Marvel stories that killing him off in the first season of Daredevil was the writers shooting themselves in the foot.

For example, he never had a kid with his wife. That means the End of Days adaption, which is cannon to 616, will never happen. In that story, Urich is investigating the death of Daredevil. Its actually serves as an origin story for Matt's protege, who happens to be Urichs son. This story is for sure impossible, which is fine, but it's just an example. There are a ton of other stories with Urich playing a pivotal part. You just know they're gonna make a new reporter character to fill the gaps in season 2. This is the big thing that took away from this series.

Another big point I didn't like was Fisk pointlessly murdering The Owl, who is a villain in his own right. Reminds me of how wasted Black Mask was in Arkham Origins only to play second fiddle to Joker. Sure, I was never a huge fan of The Owl, but he could have served to give some good little side stories. No point thinning out Daredevils rogues gallery before he's even Daredevil.

Lastly, DDs mask looked terrible. The suit itself was fine, if a little cluttered. The mask is what could have sold it as amazing, but it looked bad.

Everything else was great. The actor who played Matt absolutely nailed it. Fisk was even more perfect, somehow. I loved how this served as an origin story for Fisk as much as it did one for Matt. He wasn't the Kingpin yet, but it showed how he transformed into the Kingpin. I'm sure we'll get him in season 2 or 3 as the full fledged father of the criminal underworld. That scene were he was liberated from custody was absolutely badass. You can tell that he was born in the back of that armored vehicle.

Also loved all the set up for Iron Fist.

Now I just need a Punisher series to have him clash with Kingpin and Bullseye, and I'll die happy. Also hoping DD shows up in Civil War.

Wilson Fisk killing Urich contributed to his character's development. The ppl he kills makes him realize that he's really a villain and not a good guy, establishing him as Kingpin

Arachnid1
Wilson Fisk killing Urich contributed to his character's development. The ppl he kills makes him realize that he's really a villain and not a good guy, establishing him as Kingpin TBH, it wasn't necessary. Wesley being killed, his wife being hospitalized, and his mother being pulled into it probably had more to do with him going full evil than him killing Urich. Him beating Matt to near death and engineering Nobu's death prior to that showed that him killing Urich was not any kind of barrier he could never cross. It was just a 'look at him, he's such an evil character killing someone you like!' moment.

MF DELPH
I believe Leland's son will become The Owl. He mentioned his son being overseas and having funneled money to him. Plus, Leland was too old to be an active villain. His son is likely his protege and will seek revenge for his dad by becoming a rival to Fisk.

Arachnid1
I believe Leland's son will become The Owl. He mentioned his son being overseas and having funneled money to him. Plus, Leland was too old to be an active villain. His son is likely his protege and will seek revenge for his dad by becoming a rival to Fisk. I can live with this then, though I actually liked the one we had.

-K-M-
I believe Leland's son will become The Owl. He mentioned his son being overseas and having funneled money to him. Plus, Leland was too old to be an active villain. His son is likely his protege and will seek revenge for his dad by becoming a rival to Fisk.

Said the same thing in another thread. Also he mentioned his son's name was Lee, Leland Owlsley Jr?

MF DELPH
Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

-K-M-
I thought so as I was thinking what you were thinking.

Impediment
3nsDv_lkaLw

Daredevil gets a Night Court remake! I love it!

FYI, Night Court is my favorite sitcom of all time; I watch it religiously.

Tzeentch
Honestly, I felt like the show got progressively worse as the villains died off, as they were pretty much universally more interesting and well-rounded people than the good guys, who are all basically squeaky-clean Scooby Doo heroes .

Karen especially... if she dies 30 seconds into episode 1 of the 2nd season, that would be far more screentime then she deserved. I've loathed her character since the very first episode. Thank god for Vanessa and Gao, as without them the female representation in this show would be dog shit.

Fisk is fantastic, Wesley was fantastic, Leland and Gao were fantastic, Vanessa is fantastic, the Russians were fantastic. It really is a weird subversion of the normal tropes that it's the good guys who are all 2-dimensional caricatures while the villains are (mostly) very human.

wakkawakkawakka
The Russians were fantastic?

Tzeentch
I spent the entire episode of Vladimire's death hoping he'd survive and become an anti-hero ally of Matt's.

But yeah, they were pretty good. I had my doubts initially when they were introduced as being the dumb muscle, which they ultimately were, but the brothers came into their own in the end.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Honestly, I felt like the show got progressively worse as the villains died off, as they were pretty much universally more interesting and well-rounded people than the good guys, who are all basically squeaky-clean Scooby Doo heroes .

Karen especially... if she dies 30 seconds into episode 1 of the 2nd season, that would be far more screentime then she deserved. I've loathed her character since the very first episode. Thank god for Vanessa and Gao, as without them the female representation in this show would be dog shit.

Fisk is fantastic, Wesley was fantastic, Leland and Gao were fantastic, Vanessa is fantastic, the Russians were fantastic. It really is a weird subversion of the normal tropes that it's the good guys who are all 2-dimensional caricatures while the villains are (mostly) very human.

I agree with everything you said. I wished Karen would die a horrible death. She was so boring and really had nothing going on for her.

I said it once, and I'll say it again, Vanessa is the down ass ***** that rappers like Ja Rule were rapping about! She was amazing, Gao as well.

I loved Vladimir as the show went on, I thought they were going to be boring dumb characters, well Anatoly made that dumb mistake of approaching Fisk in public.

The more that episode went on, the more I wanted Vladimir to make it, and I thought they were going to give us that until he stayed there to die. They have a tendency to kill people after constantly making you think that they were going to make it out alive.

Wesley was easily the best supporting character in the entire show. I didn't care for Leland that much, but he wasn't a bad character or actor.

Hell, even Nobu was cool and that fight was pretty cool until Matt won via dumb luck. That was another wasted death.

DARTH POWER
Yay it's Friday! Which means I get to finish off Daredevil tonight and tomorrow night : )

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I spent the entire episode of Vladimire's death hoping he'd survive and become an anti-hero ally of Matt's.

But yeah, they were pretty good. I had my doubts initially when they were introduced as being the dumb muscle, which they ultimately were, but the brothers came into their own in the end.
Well okay. I'd asked because I left off when the Russians were meeting their due.

Though they were more interesting than the Scooby gang that this show focused on.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>