is Darth Sidious a planet buster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
In the book of the sith Darth Sidious states that someday the Death Star will no longer be needed because he will be capable of creating Force Storms large enough to destroy planets. In Dark Empire we see the largest Force Storm he has ever produced, one large enough to eradicate a large fleet. So, do you think, if directed at a planet, this a force Storm would have destroyed a planet?

Zenwolf
Possibly, I mean his Force Storms did eradicate an entire fleet and also ravage the surface of planets.

So with time, based on his power and Force Storm showings that were shown?...

Yeah it's possible he could have done it. It's not that out of the realm for him, considering his showings.

ILS
Would probably take a pretty meaty ritual.

The Merchant
Wait wat. I don't recall him saying in the Book of Sith his Force storms will one day do that. He's a Moon buster with it though. Forgot which book but Luke says it can destroy the crusts of Planets which is above Moon busting by a small but noticeable margin.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by The Merchant
Wait wat. I don't recall him saying in the Book of Sith his Force storms will one day do that. He's a Moon buster with it though. Forgot which book but Luke says it can destroy the crusts of Planets which is above Moon busting by a small but noticeable margin.

Both the implication Force Storm = Death Star and Luke discussing the power of Force Storm occur in the Book of Sith IIRC

Or maybe Luke's was Jedi Path

Either way, Sidious wouldn't have a way of knowing if the mastered Force Storm can actually replicate the power of the Death Star without actually using it and gauging it himself

At the time he wrote the Book of Anger, he'd only mastered Maelstrom.

Nephthys
No.

NTJack0
Nope.

DARTH POWER
Yes. He can certainly bust his fists against a Planet.

Selenial
Actually, by BOS he had pretty in depth knowledge on Storms, he just couldn't control them.

Is he a planet buster? Perhaps, it would require an external energy source to tap into however, IE a Nexus.

Or just a lot of time.

ChaosTheory123
You can't really destroy a planet over time

You can raze it, slag it, even reduce it to vapor

Doesn't really matter if the mass doesn't get hit by energy equivalent to the gravitational binding energy though

The planet will kind of just reform over an ungodly amount of time if not IIRC

Granted, I suppose a Wormhole can sort of circumvent that.

Zampanó
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
You can't really destroy a planet over time

You can raze it, slag it, even reduce it to vapor

Doesn't really matter if the mass doesn't get hit by energy equivalent to the gravitational binding energy though

The planet will kind of just reform over an ungodly amount of time if not IIRC

Granted, I suppose a Wormhole can sort of circumvent that.

thumb up

(N. is arguably a planetbuster, given that he can lift himself and an entire starship out of a gravity well. Give him a petri dish of midichlorians to eat, a small life-pod, and tell him to lift the planet one ship's-worth-of-mass at a time.

He's effectively immortal so he has plenty of time wink

Stigma
erm

"The reborn Emperor used this at Da Soocha . It has the power to kill worlds." -- Luke Skywalker, the Jedi Path, pg. 113

"This is perhaps the single most destructive
Force power known. This power allows the Jedi
to twist the space-time continuum to create vast
storms of force. The power also allows limited control
of these storms. Capable of creating annihilating
vortices, the storms can swallow whole fleets of
spaceships or tear the surfaces off worlds." -- the Dark Empire Sourcebook, pg. 74

DE Sidious is a planet buster.

Nephthys
"Killing" a world and tearing off it's surface doesn't even come close to destroying a planet. Do you not know how absolutely tiny the "surface" of a planet is compared to the rest of it?

ChaosTheory123
You're typically not hitting zettatons with it, yeah

Petatons to exatons are something of a given though

Revanchiste
Originally posted by WildBantha88
In the book of the sith Darth Sidious states that someday the Death Star will no longer be needed because he will be capable of creating Force Storms large enough to destroy planets. In Dark Empire we see the largest Force Storm he has ever produced, one large enough to eradicate a large fleet. So, do you think, if directed at a planet, this a force Storm would have destroyed a planet?

No The death star do the job for him that's the point... It let him rest peacefully they will be patrolling the galaxy and act through protocols...

And nobody will notice than he is a sith...

And why would you tired your self when you have the eclipse...?? Tell me why???

Azronger
Bump. smile

Yes he is

TenebrousWay
No, LMFAO.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious absolutely not. smile

relentless1
yup

Ursumeles
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious absolutely not. Nodens tho - absolutely smile
smile thumb up thumb up thumb up

MythLord
Sidious is definitely a planet buster, tbh. Not much more than that, though.

Nodens obliterates galaxies, nevermind planets, lol.

Ursumeles
Obviously.
Nodens is badass smile

MythLord
Still a gnat of Nyarlathotep.

Azronger

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nephthys
No.

The_Tempest
Agreed: according to the comics companion, he's far more than a mere planet killer.

ares834
Yes he is.

He can create a wormhole between a planet and a black hole.

https://media.giphy.com/media/14ceV8wMLIGO6Q/giphy.gif

Deronn_solo
Doubt it.

It hasn't exhibited anything near that destructive capacity. Covering the surface of a moon pales in comparison to actually destroying a planet to where it's nothing but a swirl of asteroids and dust.

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Doubt it.

It hasn't exhibited anything near that destructive capacity. Covering the surface of a moon pales in comparison to actually destroying a planet to where it's nothing but a swirl of asteroids and dust.

You do realize that he could just drill to the core of a planet and consume it, or just summon it in core in the first place?

Deronn_solo
Based upon on what? The power needed to destroy the core planet the size of Earth would take much more than the joules produced by every single nuclear weapon on the planet going off simultaneously.

Sidious has shown nothing close to this with his Force Storms. There is a reason he alluded to the fact that it wasn't quite Death Star level, E.I. planet busting - just yet.

Again, "killing a planet" swallowing a fleet and covering the surface of a moon is literally nothing comparable to planet busting.

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Based upon on what? The power needed to destroy the core planet the size of Earth would take much more than the joules produced by every single nuclear weapon on the planet going off simultaneously.

Force Storms consume literally everything. It's not an issue for Sidious to devour a big ball of iron, be it however dense.

Yes, during 19 BBY laughing out loud

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The only planet busters in Star Wars are Celestials, The Ones, probably Waru, etc.

By planet buster, I mean being able to annihilate a planet similar to how the Death Star does.

Azronger
Well, obviously Palpatine can't just snap his fingers and the planet goes boom, but I believe he could destroy planets if you give him a few minutes.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, nice no limit fallacy there. The core is also bonded together by a universal force called gravity, for instance, the core of the Earth is binder by gravitational pressure sporting around two hundred million trillion trillion joules of energy.

I'm gonna need actual proof a Force Strom can do something every nuclear weapon on the Earth can't, or produce the that type of force. The most it has ever been stated to do is teat the surface off world's and kill planets. If it could bust planets, it would have been stated to do so, instead of the quotes on the matter, very blantly, limiting itself to surface damage only.

If you don't post proof of it actually demonstrating the power sufficient to bust a planet, or a statement close enough to it, I'm not going to bother continuing this discussion.

Yes, and it still didn't demonstrate anything near what the Death Star is capable of, so I don't see.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Azronger
Well, obviously Palpatine can't just snap his fingers and the planet goes boom, but I believe he could destroy planets if you give him a few minutes.

Would take longer than that.

Deronn_solo
Destroying a planet over a vast amount of time, really isn't what I'm referring to, in regards to busting a planet.

I'm talking Frieza busting Planet Vegeta/Kyle Rayner busting Oa/Death Star style.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Would take longer than that.

Hours, being generous to Palpatine.

Trocity
No one in Star Wars has been shown to have the capability to bust planets, certainly not a la DBZ.

Not Sidious, not Valkorion, not Nihilus.

The Ones should be capable of it in theory. I seem to recall Abeloth creating natural disasters/cataclysms on Coruscant in a rage, though I might be misremembering.

The World Razer is said to be able to devour planets and stars, and iirc, Terror From Beyond has his quote about "destroying the galaxy" if he escapes or some such.

Galan007
Originally posted by WildBantha88
In the book of the sith Darth Sidious states that someday the Death Star will no longer be needed because he will be capable of creating Force Storms large enough to destroy planets. In Dark Empire we see the largest Force Storm he has ever produced, one large enough to eradicate a large fleet. So, do you think, if directed at a planet, this a force Storm would have destroyed a planet? Palpatine never reached a point in his lifetime where he possessed the personal power/ability to destroy an entire world outright. Planetary destruction is within the ability of Force Storms, however, so Palpatine almost certainly could have achieved such destruction with additional time/training.

A few excerpts from the Jedi and Sith Guides are suggestive of such...

http://i.imgur.com/tCSO4Go.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pQGuoUq.jpg

Azronger
Alright, fair enough, then.

snoke123
yes he is, thanks to his force storm

DarthSkywalker0
No, he is not, no mortal in star wars is.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No, but Vitiate probably is.

Trocity
No one in Star wars is, from what we have seen.

The Merchant
Brakiss manipulated star system sized solar flares and the instant he heard Palpatine might have been alive he immediately bowed to him. He even implies he can make stars go supernova though he will never try.

Unbowed
It's pretty simply, if Palpatine was a planet buster then he would have busted some planets.

S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine did not reach this level.

MythLord
Eh, depends. He's certainly planetary. But as for legit one-shot-kill the entire planet ala Silver Surfer or Green Lantern, no.

Jmanghan
If he can sustain it for a long period of time and direct it to planet core.

Azronger
Originally posted by Unbowed
It's pretty simply, if Palpatine was a planet buster then he would have busted some planets.

Classic argument from ignorance.

Trocity
Originally posted by The Merchant
Brakiss manipulated star system sized solar flares

http://i.imgur.com/nzHns.gif

MythLord
that gif is perfect

NewGuy01
Nope.

Unbowed
Originally posted by Azronger
Classic argument from ignorance.
So is your face.

victreebelvictr
I believe that he definitely could be, does no one remember his force storm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.