SoD Maul and RotS Anakin vs. Orbalisk Bane and SF Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Neutral setting.

No external amp (excluding Orbalisk for Bane and SF for Malak, to make it fair). Force rage might happen.

No prep time.

Who wins?

Sinious
Team 2. Malak can hold his ground against Maul long enough.

Emperordmb
team two takes this one

Stigma
How do you think RotS Anakin vs. Orbalisk Bane goes?

carthage
not sure.

Sinious
Originally posted by Stigma
How do you think RotS Anakin vs. Orbalisk Bane goes?

Bane kills.

|King Joker|
Team two.

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
not sure.
Yeah, I see it as a very close fight

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say team 1.

ILS
This would be more interesting if you would allow Anakin and Maul to amp themselves via Force Rage, Anakin in particular. As it is I'm inclined to believe Bane and Malak win via their external amplifications.

carthage
pretty much. Without amps they'd be destroyed in a matter of seconds. So team 2

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
This would be more interesting if you would allow Anakin and Maul to amp themselves via Force Rage, Anakin in particular. As it is I'm inclined to believe Bane and Malak win via their external amplifications.
I see.

Well, to be honest I always see force rage as something inherent to a force-user. Whereas an amp is something external, not residing within a force user.

Anyway, edited the OP.

ILS
Ahh, okay. It can sort of be seen as an amp but I personally see it the same way as you.

During RotS Anakin was fighting noticeably more capably than he ever had before, and was far more prone to tapping into his true potential via Force Rage. Decimating Dooku, decimating Cin Drallig with one arm, and hammering Kenobi with enough Force, while emotionally hindered, to come close to breaking his bones, are feats sufficient to contend with Bane's Orbalisk Armor physicals and certainly Malak's. From there Anakin also has a power edge and a very large skill edge.

Maul can't tap into the same depth of potential as Anakin, but, he can sustain himself through injuries and the like in order to keep himself fighting at peak capacity, and can push himself harder than usual when he needs to. He's also a more skilled melee fighter than either opponent. I'd also bank on him being powerful enough to at the very least hold his own, which strengthens his ability to keep the fight close.

Main issue is Bane's Orbalisk armor, but providing someone can take down Malak while the other survives against Bane, I can see Team 1 taking wins.

Nephthys
Team 2 stomps.

Stigma
erm

No stomping here, unless you think SF Malak > Dooku and Orbalisk Bane >>> Dooku

carthage
Why are you bothering with Neph? Just ignore him.

Stigma
lol

Good advice is always appreciated.

Nephthys
erm

No stomping here, unless you think SF Malak > Dooku and Orbalisk Bane >>> Dooku

Bane is a ways above these two and Malak is on their level as well. So Bane easily defeats either of them while Malak holds his own and then they pwn the remaining one. Simple.

WildBantha88
Question... How is team 1 going to kill Bane when he has indestructible armor and a top notch healing factor? They can wail on him with lightsabers but he isn't going down and neither of them has lightning to destroy his armor

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Question... How is team 1 going to kill Bane when he has indestructible armor and a top notch healing factor? They can wail on him with lightsabers but he isn't going down and neither of them has lightning to destroy his armor IIRC his neck is a weak point.

Stigma
Question... How is team 1 going to kill Bane when he has indestructible armor and a top notch healing factor? They can wail on him with lightsabers but he isn't going down and neither of them has lightning to destroy his armor
Um.. cutting of his head will do the trick?

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
IIRC his neck is a weak point. 1. They need to figure that out first

B. That is literally the only thing he has to defend.

Even if they are better martial artist all Bane has to do is block decapitation strikes and he is invincible

Stigma
and dismembering strikes. biscuits

WildBantha88
and dismembering strikes. biscuits its been tried. His healing factor makes them pointless

ILS
1. They need to figure that out first

B. That is literally the only thing he has to defend.

Even if they are better martial artist all Bane has to do is block decapitation strikes and he is invincible I would make the case that between the pair of them they could figure it out. Bane's lightsaber can't cover every inch of his neck.

carthage
its been tried. His healing factor makes them pointless

His orbalisks won't protect him from being ragdolled or having his organs destroyed via telekinesis.

Stigma
its been tried. His healing factor makes them pointless
Not at all.

No-one ever cut his hand clean off. IIRC Lsu merely cut his wrist.

Stigma
His orbalisks won't protect him from being ragdolled or having his organs destroyed via telekinesis.
thumb up

The_Tempest
Seeing a lot of trolling against Maul and Anakin. Not cool, guys. If RotS Anakin gets Force rage or whatever {i.e. if he's Zonakin}, team 1 stomps. Zonakin makes Dooku {who's already on Malak's level at least} look like a weak feeb and Maul is several generations stronger than Bane.

If not Zonakin, team 1 wins more narrowly.

carthage
What?

Malak isn't anywhere near Dooku's level, maybe in power but he's a vastly inferior duelist.

But yeah amped by rage either of them can stomp Malak

Stigma
I concur. I'm not sure Malak is Dooku's equal. I personally see him as more like Maul tier, but less skilled.

The_Tempest
Ehh, I've always put Forge!Malak in Dooku's tier. No question that the Count is naturally the superior warrior by a healthy margin: a better duelist, more powerful and skilled Force user, etc.

Nephthys
Its easy to just say that they can attack Bane's weakpoints. It's another matter for them entirely to actually be able to pull it off. Neither Maul or Anakin is so far ahead of Bane that they can hit incredibly hard to hit area's while Bane has full liberty to wail on them and attack their entire body.

Also it took time for Anakin to build up to his fully power, and he was against a Sith who he hated a hell of a lot more than two dudes he's never met. He had a lot more impetus to get angry with Dooku capturing his semi-father figure Palpatine, especially after Obi-Wan got taken out on top of that. Also recall that he was easily Dun Moch'ed out of his rage and needed Sidious to compell him to accept it. Bane at least is subtle, perceptive and intelligent enough to identify Anakin's hesitation and throw him off and Malak also ****ing loves mouthing off mid-battle. Similarly, Maul has no reason to rage.

ares834
1. They need to figure that out first

It's not hard to figure out. Once they realize he is covered in lightsaber proof armor, his head is a laughably obvious weak point.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ares834
It's not hard to figure out. Once they realize he is covered in lightsaber proof armor, his head is a laughably obvious weak point. and easily defended. Especially for a soresu user like Bane.

carthage
and easily defended. Especially for a soresu user like Bane.

What? Why would they attack him if they know he's "lightsaber proof"? Also being a Soresu "user" wont save him from two bloodlusted duelists who are vastly superior in skill to him. They can also stomp him with the force

The_Tempest
Bane's definitely weaker than anyone on team 1. Malak is good, just not enough to carry to victory.

Nephthys
Bane's lightning is too much for them.

carthage
Like it was for Hetton?

Stigma
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Bane's definitely weaker than anyone on team 1. Malak is good, just not enough to carry to victory.
thumb up

BTW From what I gather, you believe Malak is superior to Bane.

Like it was for Hetton?
LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.