Nintendo expanding.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
Nintendo has expanded to new businesses in the past couple of years. They're working on a QoL platform, Pikmin shorts were made, and now Netflix is making a Zelda series.

What are your thoughts on Nintendo expanding their IPs to other forms of media?

dadudemon
Good.

Nintendo needs to expand a shit-ton and become a corporate beast on par with Microsoft and Apple, imo. They are more responsible with their funds than any major company I can think of (I do not know all the fortune 500 companies, however).

Someone argue against my position because I feel I may be too biased.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by dadudemon
Good.

Nintendo needs to expand a shit-ton and become a corporate beast on par with Microsoft and Apple, imo. They are more responsible with their funds than any major company I can think of (I do not know all the fortune 500 companies, however).

Someone argue against my position because I feel I may be too biased.

No! Nintendo is the only one who value their exclusives and therefore get all the respect.

Sacred 117
I can't disagree with anything that's been said thus far, so thumb up all around. thumb up

While we're talking about Nintendo media expansion, I'd say this calls for an anime adaptation/entry for Fire Emblem (or Xenoblade Chronicles... or anything else of comparable narrative caliber). big grin

ScreamPaste
I just really hope Link isn't in the Zelda tv show on Netflix.

Sacred 117
What else would they do?

Bentley
I think they are decent moves overall, so far nothing points out towards them overspreading their reach.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sacred 117
What else would they do? Set the show in Hyrule, but while keeping the main cast off screen while the epic battle for the world unfolds around them. How do the normal people deal with horrible monsters? What's life like in Kakariko? Do the Sheikah deal with the population at large frequently or keep themselves secreted away in the shadow temple? etc.

Bentley
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Set the show in Hyrule, but while keeping the main cast off screen while the epic battle for the world unfolds around them. How do the normal people deal with horrible monsters? What's life like in Kakariko? Do the Sheikah deal with the population at large frequently or keep themselves secreted away in the shadow temple? etc.

So nothing like the games?

Nemesis X
Set the show in Hyrule, but while keeping the main cast off screen while the epic battle for the world unfolds around them. How do the normal people deal with horrible monsters? What's life like in Kakariko? Do the Sheikah deal with the population at large frequently or keep themselves secreted away in the shadow temple? etc.

thumb up

ares834

Sounds like shit.

Zack Fair
I just really hope Link isn't in the Zelda tv show on Netflix. lol

Tzeentch
I hope Link's in it and is a girl.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Tzeentch

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le68f4Ne7Z1qfj8dvo1_500.gif

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ares834
Sounds like shit. I take your objection as proof I'm in the right.Originally posted by Bentley
So nothing like the games? Exactly. They wouldn't translate well to television.

Nemesis X
Just look at the cartoon.

Dramatic Gecko
Why not have twins. One becomes the hero of legend while the other burns with jealousy and become dark link and main antagonist for season2?

Bentley
Exactly. They wouldn't translate well to television.

I disagree, it's pretty doable as the Zelda games have an actual narrative even when it comes to game mechanics. As far as games go, Zelda games would be a great fit for TV.

dadudemon
I hope is has Link and Zelda.

Just because Link is mute in games does not mean he'd be Mute in real life. You have dialogue options in the Legend of Zelda games and you are clearly talking to people as they respond. It's just a trope of the games to not have Link talk. Not necessarily a gimmick...more like a branding thing. That's just "Link." However, a very quiet and stoic Link that only talks when absolutely necessary can still give us the "feel" of Link from the games.

But I do hope we do not get the "excUUUuuuse me, princess" Link. That would be terrible...it would make me lol but it would be "es terrible."

Quincy
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Sacred 117
I hope is has Link and Zelda.

Just because Link is mute in games does not mean he'd be Mute in real life. You have dialogue options in the Legend of Zelda games and you are clearly talking to people as they respond. It's just a trope of the games to not have Link talk. Not necessarily a gimmick...more like a branding thing. That's just "Link." However, a very quiet and stoic Link that only talks when absolutely necessary can still give us the "feel" of Link from the games.

But I do hope we do not get the "excUUUuuuse me, princess" Link. That would be terrible...it would make me lol but it would be "es terrible."

Fear not, Mon. I doubt Nintendo would allow such mistakes to be made again. (Though, ironically, I would probably prefer an anime to a live series.)

It's good to see that they're at least cautiously faithful giving secondary media another shot, and I feel like they picked the right generation for it. smile

Quincy
I'm pretty sure there was already a blurb about the series from netflix. And they already changed things up.

Like it's about "Link and Zelda's travels to save the princess."

Sacred 117
Who's the f**king princess if not Zelda? erm

Reflassshh
Ganondorf.

AsbestosFlaygon
I hope it features Link from Philips CD-i.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Quincy
I'm pretty sure there was already a blurb about the series from netflix. And they already changed things up.

Like it's about "Link and Zelda's travels to save the princess."

Uhhhh...

What if they start a massive Nintendo-verse that has Link overlapping into the Mario-verse and the Princess is Princess Peach?

Super Mario RPG kind of had an approach like this. They made all the various "species" in the Mario-verse have their own kingdoms/lands.

Anyway, they could start a few series like this and have the combination-verse come together in Avengers-esque fashion.

I'm being mostly facetious. Mostly.

Bentley
I just hope that the Mario movie that Sony wants to do is based in the amazing over the top plot of one of the Paper Mario games.

Zack Fair
Uhhhh...

What if they start a massive Nintendo-verse that has Link overlapping into the Mario-verse and the Princess is Princess Peach?

Super Mario RPG kind of had an approach like this. They made all the various "species" in the Mario-verse have their own kingdoms/lands.

Anyway, they could start a few series like this and have the combination-verse come together in Avengers-esque fashion.

I'm being mostly facetious. Mostly. Just no.

Getting way ahead of yourself, bro.

First they need to get Zelda right, and you can bet your ass fans will ***** no matter how good it is.

Nemesis X
It would be interesting to see Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom as neighboring countries.

ScreamPaste
Hyrule spans two continents in the lore so that's unlikely to happen unless they change things significantly in the adaptation, lol.

dadudemon
Hyrule spans two continents in the lore so that's unlikely to happen unless they change things significantly in the adaptation, lol.

The earth has 7 continents so there is plenty of room for more lands. big grin

Also, if you eat too many peaches, you'll become incontinent.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It would be interesting to see Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom as neighboring countries. No.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
No.

Why?

AsbestosFlaygon
Uhhhh...

The Legend of Mario
Super Zelda World

Quincy
Emblem Kong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.