Doom vs. T'challa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
no prep or anything..

who wins a straight up battle

carver9
no expression

SWblayde938
Originally posted by carver9
no expression what?

Mindset
laughing out loud

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Mindset
laughing out loud

is this a stomp or something?

Mindset
Originally posted by SWblayde938
is this a stomp or something? Yes.

Vanguard
Tchalla's been upgraded. But for him to take a majority over Doom is asking a lot.

Henry_Pym
Even H2H T'challa is in for a fight.

Full power Doom beats him badly though.

Mindset
Originally posted by Vanguard
Tchalla's been upgraded. But for him to take a majority over Doom is asking a lot. How powerful is he now?

Vanguard
How powerful is he now?

Hickman who's writing Panther now has been sort of vague about just how powerful he is. But he has confirmed that his physical attributes are Superhuman. He's stronger and faster than before. He also has force fields, teleportation, invisibility, and energy daggers.

He's powerful enough to beat Black Dwarf, and one shot Black Swan with a speed blitz. I'm thinking Hickman will be more specific about his power levels as he continue's to write him.

Supermex
I'm pretty Black Panther said on panel that if if fought Black Dwarf any longer he might not have survive?

He never beat Black Dwarf.

Black Panther is a badass, but I say he is around Spider-Man lvl right now. Unless Hickman shows otherwise.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Supermex
I'm pretty Black Panther said on panel that if if fought Black Dwarf any longer he might not have survive?

Black Panther is a badass, but I say he is around Spider-Man lvl right now. Unless Hickman shows otherwise. does bp now beat doom

deathslash
Black Panther is a badass, but I say he is around Spider-Man lvl right now. Unless Hickman shows otherwise. you mean like when he floored Namor with a normal punch? Or how about when his tech was making Namor scream in agony? Or would you prefer that I bring up how one of Namor 's back hands to the face only made t'challa bleed? He was also taking shots from terrax iirc.

DarkSaint85

Black Panther is a badass, but I say he is around Spider-Man lvl right now. Unless Hickman shows otherwise.

He broke his hand, said that he was fortunate, and any more and he would have lost. It also happened off-panel. But a win is a win.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132594/3279288-new+avengers+v3+009-021.jpg

Bentley
Thanos's Army is full of amateurs. Leave it to real Conquerors to make Wakanda surrender shifty

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Thanos' generals were sh!t.

riv6672
Doom. No prep, at least it would be over quickly for BP.

SWblayde938
is this really a stomp in favor of doom

deathslash
is this really a stomp in favor of doom not as much as everyone is making it out to be. T'challa's gotten a serious boost in the last few years, has cloaking teachnology, energy shields, vibranium knives capable of cutting herald level characters, a teleportation device, energy weapons, access to previous Panther's intelligence, magic, etc. But in a straight up fight, Doom wins more times than not.

Mindset
Originally posted by deathslash
not as much as everyone is making it out to be. T'challa's gotten a serious boost in the last few years, has cloaking teachnology, energy shields, vibranium knives capable of cutting herald level characters, a teleportation device, energy weapons, access to previous Panther's intelligence, magic, etc. But in a straight up fight, Doom wins more times than not. In a straight up fight, Doom wins 10/10. BP is not winning a single fight against Doom or anyone on his level in a random encounter unless plot is involved.

He actually has better odds in a prep fight.

SWblayde938
how would t'challa beat doom in a prep fight though

i thought doom is smarter than t'challa

Mindset
how would t'challa beat doom in a prep fight though

i thought doom is smarter than t'challa I didn't say he would beat him with prep.

DarkSaint85
He'd beat him with fists.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He'd beat him with fists. Not unless he somehow switched fists with Danny.

Vanguard
This board is bias against Tchalla though. Especially riv, I don't even know why he bothers to post in threads involving him.

carver9
Huh? Black Panther gets much love here. People have given him majorities against most metas like Spiderman, Deathstroke, Midnighter, etc... but when you are facing a guy that can do this...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-19-07_zps4deb2488.png.html?sort=3&o=11
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-19-16_zps506b3cad.png.html?sort=3&o=10
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-19-26_zpscd8b6f4c.png.html?sort=3&o=9
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-19-35_zps1a048360.png.html?sort=3&o=8
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-19-53_zps2c5d484f.png.html?sort=3&o=7
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-19-57_zpscf793b62.png.html?sort=3&o=6
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-20-01_zpsad882eb9.png.html?sort=3&o=5
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-20-14_zpsf704d847.png.html?sort=3&o=4
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-17-08-20-24_zps9cb3306e.png.html?sort=3&o=3

"Say my name". This same Cosmic Hulk did this...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137152/3367366-2148833012-Doomv.jpg

Or this...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/28030/559938-472868_1_super.jpg

Hell, do I need to post his recent ft?

Your arguments need to be a Lil more concrete because looking at everything as a whole, Black Panther gets destroyed here. We know BP is good but he can not beat everyone.

Vanguard
I've never seen him get majorities over metas like Spiderman and Midnighter. People completely ignore his recent upgrades on this board also.

carver9
What threads are you talking? People have been giving BP a lot of love on here from what I've seen.

Vanguard
I guess I'm comparing the respect he gets here to the respect he gets on comicvine. They seem to be more knowledgeable about the character and what he can and cannot do.

DarkSaint85
What upgrades?? What KotD upgrades has he had? By that i mean, what has he really done that's miles above his pre upgrade days?

Don't forget, he's supposed to have the power of every BP before him. So I'm after feats 100s of times above what he's done before.

ODG
^ Having an upgrade isn't exclusively limited to being 100x more powerful though?

leonidas
Originally posted by carver9
What threads are you talking? People have been giving BP a lot of love on here from what I've seen.

yeah, i got no idea what he's talking about either...bp gets TONS of love around here--maybe too much sometimes. i love being painted with a broad brush though--'we' don't give him enough credit. lol if 'they' (read the 'comic vine guys') know so much about him, i really wish they would drop in to help educate us poor yokels.....

SWblayde938
who has greater feats overall t'challa or victor

Mindset
who has greater feats overall t'challa or victor laughing out loud

SWblayde938
laughing out loud

ok so its fair to say in a prep fight doom wins

in a non prep fight t'challa wins?

Surtur
Originally posted by deathslash
you mean like when he floored Namor with a normal punch? Or how about when his tech was making Namor scream in agony? Or would you prefer that I bring up how one of Namor 's back hands to the face only made t'challa bleed? He was also taking shots from terrax iirc.

Either BP got a massive upgrade, or this is all some really tremendously bad writing.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Surtur
Either BP got a massive upgrade, or this is all some really tremendously bad writing. in your opinion

1. who wins the prep fight

2. who wins non prep fight

deathslash
Either BP got a massive upgrade, or this is all some really tremendously bad writing. It's the first one. You should read up on Panther's King of the Dead upgrade

Mindset
in your opinion

2. who wins non prep fight BP isn't winning.

You need to let this one go.

riv6672
This board is bias against Tchalla though. Especially riv, I don't even know why he bothers to post in threads involving him.
------------------------
I guess I'm comparing the respect he gets here to the respect he gets on comicvine. They seem to be more knowledgeable about the character and what he can and cannot do.

Is the 2014 Poster of the Year at Comicvine a big BP fan?

leonidas
^ not this time. thumb up

Surtur
in your opinion

2. who wins non prep fight

Wakandan resources are impressive, but then this is Doom. Does BP has access to time travel tech?

The non prep fight, I still would say Doom with his armor and sorcery would be too much. Crimson bands of Cyttorak would be a good opening move, though I'm not sure, vibranium apparently does absorb energy so who knows.

SWblayde938
Wakandan resources are impressive, but then this is Doom. Does BP has access to time travel tech?

The non prep fight, I still would say Doom with his armor and sorcery would be too much. Crimson bands of Cyttorak would be a good opening move, though I'm not sure, vibranium apparently does absorb energy so who knows.

who has greater scientific/technological feats doom or panther

Mindset
who has greater scientific/technological feats doom or panther Doom has better feats than BP in almost any category you can think of except martial arts skill.

Surtur
who has greater scientific/technological feats doom or panther

Well Doom of course. BP is good, but Doom is...Doom. Like I said, for Doom at times stuff like time travel tech was just a standard thing the guy had in his armor. There are very few Marvel characters who are in the same tier as Doom and Reed when it comes to prep, etc. I would say Thanos is potentially one of them, though he's not necessarily as smart or Doom and Reed when it comes to straight up inventing crap.

To be fair if you want to get technical..Doom is actually millions of years old and stuff. I don't know why I'm even pointing that out..it's just one of those odd things Marvel really never mentioned again.

SWblayde938
Well Doom of course. BP is good, but Doom is...Doom. Like I said, for Doom at times stuff like time travel tech was just a standard thing the guy had in his armor. There are very few Marvel characters who are in the same tier as Doom and Reed when it comes to prep, etc. I would say Thanos is potentially one of them, though he's not necessarily as smart or Doom and Reed when it comes to straight up inventing crap.

To be fair if you want to get technical..Doom is actually millions of years old and stuff. I don't know why I'm even pointing that out..it's just one of those odd things Marvel really never mentioned again.

so is it fair to say reed is the smartest human in marvel followed closely by doom.

Black Panther would be ranked third

Mindset
so is it fair to say reed is the smartest human in marvel followed closely by doom.

Black Panther would be ranked third No.

SWblayde938
No.

i mean i think its fair to have t'challa as number 3...i mean to be fair he is always reed's science partner, not tony,pym, banner

Surtur

Black Panther would be ranked third

I think Hank Pym might be smarter the BP. As for Reed being the smartest? To be honest, I always more or less saw him and Doom as equals.

Mindset
i mean i think its fair to have t'challa as number 3...i mean to be fair he is always reed's science partner, not tony,pym, banner Ok, you would be wrong.

SWblayde938
Ok, you would be wrong. would you put Tony as number 3 then or Pym?

i just always thought T'challa would be number 3 since he is always with Reed as like his main science partner

Mindset
would you put Tony as number 3 then or Pym?

i just always thought T'challa would be number 3 since he is always with Reed as like his main science partner
Doom=Reed
Pym
Tony
BP

As far as the ones we have discussed.

SWblayde938
so most marvel fans put tony ahead of t'challa

DarkSaint85
Considering what he's done, most people would, full stop.

SWblayde938
Considering what he's done, most people would, full stop.

its not that i don't disagree with you guys its just t'challa is always seen as reed's partner not tony

and t'challa seems like he wins or "outsmarts" tony in most of their confrontations

DarkSaint85
True.

Well, head over to the Tony Stark respect thread. You'll see that its not that we think T'Challa is crap, but Tony is just that damn good.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t604601.html

DarkSaint85
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Iron%20Man/StarkRespect16Avengers394.jpg

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

SWblayde938
jesus so t'challa pretty much said all of wakanda's scientific might can't match tony's or something...

so it seems universally most fans would say tony has greater feats than t'challa

but reed is still number 1 though?

SWblayde938
then why do you guys think reed always hangs out with t'challa instead of tony lol

riv6672
No doubt Pym is smarter.
I agree on Doom and Reed as equals too, which is why their rivalry is so interesting.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by riv6672
No doubt Pym is smarter.
I agree on Doom and Reed as equals too, which is why their rivalry is so interesting.

so top 5 would be

1. doom/reed
3. pym
4. tony
5. t'challa

riv6672
Agreed, though i'd lot Pym in there at 1.
People can argue others are smarter but, really at some point you have to look at application as well as IQ.

SWblayde938
but wakanda is considered the most advanced country in the marvel earth

yet most people have tony over t'challa? tech/science feat wise

Mindset
Agreed, though i'd lot Pym in there at 1.
People can argue others are smarter but, really at some point you have to look at application as well as IQ. Ok, by application Reed and Doom are consistently above Pym.

Vanguard
No doubt Pym is smarter.

Oh shut up

Mindset
Oh shut up laughing out loud

SWblayde938
so Tony has better feats than T'challa

but im still confused why Reed is always with T'challa as like his main science partner

Mindset

but im still confused why Reed is always with T'challa as like his main science partner Because he wants to be, who cares?

SWblayde938
Because he wants to be, who cares? ok i agree that tony has better technological/scientific feats..

but is it just me or does t'challa always outsmart tony for some reason when the confront each other

Mindset
ok i agree that tony has better technological/scientific feats..

but is it just me or does t'challa always outsmart tony for some reason when the confront each other I'm starting to think you're Black Panther.

SWblayde938
I'm starting to think you're Black Panther. nah

riv6672
but wakanda is considered the most advanced country in the marvel earth

yet most people have tony over t'challa? tech/science feat wise
Pretty sure there are more scientists Wakanda than just BP.

Royal Palace Guy: "My King, teen pregnancy is at an all time high in the Kingdom!"
BP: "Guess i'll have to invent the condom, sex education, and planned parenthood. I'm on it!"

SWblayde938
Pretty sure there are more scientists Wakanda than just BP.

Royal Palace Guy: "My King, teen pregnancy is at an all time high in the Kingdom!"
BP: "Guess i'll have to invent the condom, sex education, and planned parenthood. I'm on it!" good point

Surtur
then why do you guys think reed always hangs out with t'challa instead of tony lol

The answer is obvious: it's because BP isn't an alcoholic.

SWblayde938
The answer is obvious: it's because BP isn't an alcoholic. but it seems like reed just does technology..while t'challa does the whole dimensional/multiversal science that reed does..or has tony done that too?

DarkSaint85
T'Challa is also less of a douche than Tony. He can be pretty arrogant sometimes.

riv6672
While Reed is a COMPLETE douche.

I actually wouldnt be surprised if Reed payed BP off to get rid of Namor, the jealous tool...stick out tongue

SWblayde938
but it seems like all you guys are saying that tony has greater technological/scientific feats

but t'challa does the dimensional/multiversal science that reed does...does tony do that too?

SWblayde938
jus saying

psycho gundam
Could you make that picture bigger, I couldn't see it

ODG

but im still confused why Reed is always with T'challa as like his main science partner Reed and T'Challa are brothers from another mother.

In all seriousness, their bond as brothers goes pretty deep. And Black Panther has butted heads with Stark multiple times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.