Addiction question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spawningpool
What do you do if you are addicted to rehab?

Robtard
Addicts tend to replace one addiction with another. Why finding religion is popular with recovering drug/alcohol addicts

riv6672
Good point.

rudester
I'm an addict

riv6672
What to?

rudester
Sex

riv6672
To the point where its negatively impacting your work/social life, relationships with family and friends?
Because if not then you're (hopefully) just a horny guy.

rudester
At lunch time during work I got a bj in the washrooms. Lol

riv6672
Hell thats not bad! thumb up
I once had a quickie up against a pallet of 155mm tank rounds in an ammo bunker...big grin

Spawningpool
I once had a quickie after school in a hallway next to the Spanish room

Astner
Originally posted by Robtard
Addicts tend to replace one addiction with another. Why finding religion is popular with recovering drug/alcohol addicts
Swing and miss.

Would you also call a father who's been off meth for five years for the opportunity to see his children an addict to the legal system? Never-mind, you probably would.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Astner
Swing and miss.

Would you also call a father who's been off meth for five years for the opportunity to see his children an addict to the legal system? Never-mind, you probably would.
My biological father was a drunk and a meth head and I have not seen him for 8 years and for 5 years he has been clean....... He wants to see me but I will not let him

riv6672
Addicted to Love.
That song makes so much sense now.

Impediment
AA is a joke.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Impediment
AA is a joke.
I live next to a place that holds aa and I find it ironic that some people drink in aa I mean c'mon that's just like helpless

Astner
AA is about discipline, not abstinence.

Spawningpool
When I was a little kid I freaked out when I saw alcohol because I saw the effects it had on my dad and I thought everybody would end up like him if they drank..

Robtard
Swing and miss.

Nope.

A non sequitur coupled with an ad hominem attack and possibly anecdotal. Good job thumb up

Wonder Man
A person can rely on self traits to break the cycle of re-hab.

Astner
Nope.
Medically speaking (see the DSM-5) religion isn't an addiction.

A non sequitur coupled with an ad hominem attack and possibly anecdotal. Good job thumb up
You're either confusing the non-sequitur fallacy for the literary device of the same name or you're not understanding the fallacy.

A personal attack is an ad hominem if and only if it is used as an argument. "You're a dipshit," isn't an ad hominem, "You're wrong because you're a dipshit," is an ad hominem. Learn the difference.

riv6672
Originally posted by Wonder Man
A person can rely on self traits to break the cycle of re-hab.
I did.

Robtard
Medically speaking (see the DSM-5) religion isn't an addiction.

You're either confusing the non-sequitur fallacy for the literary device of the same name or you're not understanding the fallacy.

A personal attack is an ad hominem if and only if it is used as an argument. "You're a dipshit," isn't an ad hominem, "You're wrong because you're a dipshit," is an ad hominem. Learn the difference.

Nope

Nope

You did and your Aspergers is showing again, Astner

rudester
Originally posted by riv6672
Hell thats not bad! thumb up
I once had a quickie up against a pallet of 155mm tank rounds in an ammo bunker...big grin there's more to it but cleaned it up so I wouldn't come off as trash.

riv6672
You...didnt end up marrying the person?!? You cad!!!

VA/\/\PYR3
Can you be addicted to carbohydrates?

riv6672
Probably.
Food addiction in general is a thing.

Esau Cairn
I'm not boasting & I'm not ashamed of the fact but whenever I can afford it I go on a week long crystal meth binge.
Doesn't affect me going to work 5 days a week, raising my son or getting the bills paid.

I usually treat myself to a binge every 2nd month.

riv6672
Originally posted by VA/\/\PYR3
Can you be addicted to carbohydrates?
Looks like carb addiction in particular IS a thing...

http://www.chicagonow.com/get-fit-chicago/2014/03/7-signs-you-have-a-carb-addiction-and-what-you-can-do-to-stop-it/

\\W//
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm not boasting & I'm not ashamed of the fact but whenever I can afford it I go on a week long crystal meth binge.
Doesn't affect me going to work 5 days a week, raising my son or getting the bills paid.

I usually treat myself to a binge every 2nd month. should be careful, have you seen those before and after pictures of meth addicts? its not pretty

just say no to drugs

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by \\W//
should be careful, have you seen those before and after pictures of meth addicts? its not pretty

just say no to drugs

They shoot up. I don't. Never will.
But yeah I went for 5 years clean.
It was easy.

rudester
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

I usually treat myself to a binge every 2nd month. I know the feeling crystal makes you feel the best especially if your having sex when doing it. What worries me is that your side effects are gone, that must mean that your body has gotten use to it. (Red flag)

Your probably addicted to it now...I just hope you know that you have a son..man up! I have seen what those drugs do but believe me I don't want to end up in a park wondering the streets with a cart. Not only that it ages you ten years.

I made a nice friend, he was a great guy.. he.told me that he smoked it and that.smoking it was less harmful then needles. I told him bye... years past and I saw him so skinny..I told him I knew he would change. I told him bye to get help I dont want meth addicts In my life. I don't want to be associated with them.

Robtard
The Miracles of Meth

http://www.soulpurposeministries.org/faces1.jpg

riv6672
There used to be worse pics put up where i was stationed in Washington. The post had a huge drug problem.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by rudester

Your probably addicted to it now...I just hope you know that you have a son..man up! I have seen what those drugs do but believe me I don't want to end up in a park wondering the streets with a cart. Not only that it ages you ten years.

I appreciate your concern.
It is a guilty pleasure...but honestly weeks, months can go by without me even thinking or wanting it. It's simply a treat, when I can afford it.

My son & being the best father I can to him is the most important priority in my life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.